Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (42478 Views)

The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Great_omotoy: Vicky, what u need is a divine REVELATION about this issue. The Day God Revealed the Danger of attachment (artificial hair) to My MUM, that same day She barbed her hair and stopped using them. Pray to God to reveal it to u so that u can teach others.

Delusion and acute schizophrenia

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Oldpath(f): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
My prayer is that God will open our understanding to His word. I used to preach against trousers until God asked me some questions I could not answer.
1. Where is trousers mentioned in the bible?
2. Where in His word does He list what male clothing are and what female clothing are?9
3. Why are we breaking down just a verse of not wearing what belongs to other sex to many human deductions?
4. Are we now allowed to add and remove from His word?
5. Can I open bible to back the preaching up?
6. Are we not judging after outward appearance?

He now took me to 9 places in the bible where men put on skirts :
1.ruth 3:7-9
2. 1Sam. 15:27
3. 1Sam. 24:4-5,11
4. Ps. 133:2
5. Jer. 13:26
6. Eze. 5:3
7. Eze. 16:8
8. Haggi 2:12
9. Zech. 8:23
He now asked me what are all these men doing with skirts including Himself(7)? Then based on our judgement all these will be in hell with Him too. I was shocked.
He later took me through :
"But the Lord said unto Samuel, look not on his countenance or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: For the Lord seeth not as a man seeth : For Man looketh on the outward Appearance but God looketh on the heart. 1. Sam.16:7
Will He now judge based on outward appearance?

Likewise Jn.7:24, Isa. 11:3, 2Corin. 10:7

Please let us humble ourselves so that God can teach Us. Let us preach those sins that are boldly written in the bible instead of wisdom of men that we can not back up. Warn people to stop lies, fornication, adultery, stealing and so on. Heresies and fables will only add sin to sins.
Those that love revelations, dreams and visions above the word of God, be reminded that all these will not be used on Judgement day BUT the WRITTEN WORD of GOD. Not even the idea of your G.O,because all all ideas will be useless only His idea shall stand on that day.
God bless.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oldpath: My prayer is that God will open our understanding to His word. I used to preach against trousers until God asked me some questions I could not answer.
2. Where in His word does He list what male clothing are and what female clothing are?9
3. Why are we breaking down just a verse of not wearing what belongs to other sex to many human deductions?

He now asked me what are all these men doing with skirts including Himself(7)? Then based on our judgement all these will be in hell with Him too. I was shocked.
"But the Lord said unto Samuel, look not on his countenance or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: For the Lord seeth not as a man seeth : For Man looketh on the outward Appearance but God looketh on the heart. 1. Sam.16:7

Please let us humble ourselves so that God can teach Us. Let us preach those sins that are boldly written in the bible instead of wisdom of men that we can not back up. Warn people to stop lies, fornication, adultery, stealing and so on. Heresies and fables will only add sin to sins.
Those that love revelations, dreams and visions above the word of God, be reminded that all these will not be used on Judgement day BUT the WRITTEN WORD of GOD. Not even the idea of your G.O,because all all ideas will be useless only His idea shall stand on that day.
God bless.
Amen.
Isn't this lovely?$
Still some peeps will come speak against the truth.
Thanks for sharing anyway.
God bless you.
May He keeping filling you with knowlege.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2013
tensor777:
They are still trousers though I concede that they are more decent than the one you posted earlier. However they are still inappropriate in church because of Deut22:5. It makes the model look somehow mannish or tomboyish. Imagine how much more feminine she would look in a long dress or skirt.

They are not inappropriate as long as they are decent, stop using your opinion to justify what the bible doesn't say
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 10, 2013
Oldpath: My prayer is that God will open our understanding to His word. I used to preach against trousers until God asked me some questions I could not answer.

God bless.

God bless you, maybe tensor777 will say those men that wore skirts are sinners too.

I wonder how someone will just conclude a lady on a decent trousers is sinful, it shows how some nigerian christians are confused.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice but there is a difference btwn decent dressing and looking like an eyo masqurade! I can't be wrong with decent trousers(not leggins )and a shirt. That I didn't wear hijab on top or tie my hair will not make me indecent besides the last time I checked,muslim girls are encouraged to wear trousers evn those on niqab wear trousers. In the north,while the christian schl girls wear skirts the muslims wear trousers!
Incase u dont know,90% of the rich muslim girls don't wear hijab infact they hardly cover their hair!especially when they are outside the country. Indimi's daughter's indecent wedding gown is a proof and as a catholic I can't wed in such gown.

Kcfun: A Non-Muslim Guy Asked A Muslim, Why Do
Your Girls Cover Up Their Body And Hair?
The Muslim Guy Smiled And Got Two Sweets,
He Opened The First One And Kept The Other
One Closed.
He Threw Them Both On The Dusty Floor And
Asked The Guy, If I Asked You To Take One Of
The Sweets Which One You Will Choose?
The Man Replied The Covered One.
Then The Muslim Said That's How We Treat &
See Our Women.........? ??
Alhamdulillah! Proud To Be A Muslim, Praise
To ALLAH That We Are Muslims.
Oh My ALLAH, Please Help Every Muslim Who Is
In Troubles.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2013
captivating:

God bless you, maybe tensor777 will say those men that wore skirts are sinners too.

I wonder how someone will just conclude a lady on a decent trousers is sinful, it shows how some nigerian christians are confused.

Very confused I tell you.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 12, 2013
haibe:

Very confused I tell you.

Lol,I just hope we begin to preach what is important in church than preaching man made doctrines.

I was amazed when a pastor said he was with a woman who was wearing trousers, he then told her she would go to hell if trumpet sounds now because the word of God says a woman should not wear trousers, he said the woman repented and stopped wearing trousers,the pastor now said to her that she will surely make heaven for obeying him, my brother I no fit laugh.

You see a person first and then the next thing is to condemn her because she is wearing trousers, some christians are just soaked in man made doctrines that they forget what Christ has sent us to do.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 8:17am On Dec 14, 2013
captivating:

Lol,I just hope we begin to preach what is important in church than preaching man made doctrines.

I was amazed when a pastor said he was with a woman who was wearing trousers, he then told her she would go to hell if trumpet sounds now because the word of God says a woman should not wear trousers, he said the woman repented and stopped wearing trousers,the pastor now said to her that she will surely make heaven for obeying him, my brother I no fit laugh.

You see a person first and then the next thing is to condemn her because she is wearing trousers, some christians are just soaked in man made doctrines that they forget what Christ has sent us to do.

I can imagine how that feels, some pastors now think they are God and can declare judgement on anyone even when the bible doesn't specifically state something.

I noticed mainly nigerian pastors adopt this teaching of trousers against ladies, I don't know the reaaon behind this but I know there must be a motive for this which may be contrary to the scriptures or perhaps they are drawn to the nigerian tradition too much forgetting other cultures have their style of dressing too.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
haibe:

I can imagine how that feels, some pastors now think they are God and can declare judgement on anyone even when the bible doesn't specifically state something.

I noticed mainly nigerian pastors adopt this teaching of trousers against ladies, I don't know the reaaon behind this but I know there must be a motive for this which may be contrary to the scriptures or perhaps they are drawn to the nigerian tradition too much forgetting other cultures have their style of dressing too.

Funny enough they don't condemn those christian oyinbo ladies in women of faith and the likes, they just like to lay burden on nigeria christians.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2013

God bless.
u ar a liar God neva asked u any question,ur first question u claimed God asked u is exactly wat has proven u wrong,ther ar up 2 three places where trousers are mentioned in d bible so stop lyin wit God's name,rememba all liars will go 2 helllllll,Repent,nd b forgiven.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
spencerwilliams: u ar a liar God neva asked u any question,ur first question u claimed God asked u is exactly wat has proven u wrong,ther ar up 2 three places where trousers are mentioned in d bible so stop lyin wit God's name,rememba all liars will go 2 helllllll,Repent,nd b forgiven.

How can u question someone's encounter simply because it does not support yours?

Breeches are different from trousers so I still don't know where the bible talked about trousers.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
haibe:

How can u question someone's encounter simply because it does not support yours?

Breeches are different from trousers so I still don't know where the bible talked about trousers.
how is breeches diferent from trousas do u hv a dictionary at all,or hav u checked dos bible verses wit oda translations b4 sayin breeches is diferent from trousas?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
spencerwilliams: how is breeches diferent from trousas do u hv a dictionary at all,or hav u checked dos bible verses wit oda translations b4 sayin breeches is diferent from trousas?

Hey, A is synonymous with B doesn't make A to be B
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
haibe:

Hey, A is synonymous with B doesn't make A to be B
are u alright?pleas i just nided 2 ask because ur answer sound very bizzar,someone said God ask him were trousers was mentioned in d bible,am nt arguin if it's 4 men or 4 women,i'm just tryin 2 prov dat God did nt ask him any questions because God can nt say trouser was nt mention in his holy book(The bible).haibe i want u 2 giv me a clear discrepancy btw both of dem(trouser nd breeches).thank u
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
spencerwilliams: are u alright?pleas i just nided 2 ask because ur answer sound very bizzar,someone said God ask him were trousers was mentioned in d bible,am nt arguin if it's 4 men or 4 women,i'm just tryin 2 prov dat God did nt ask him any questions because God can nt say trouser was nt mention in his holy book(The bible).haibe i want u 2 giv me a clear discrepancy btw both of dem(trouser nd breeches).thank u

And I asked why you should just question her and call her a liar,how sure are you that God didn't ask her those questions.

For a difference btw trousers and breeches yoi can see Google but just know breeches are not usually long like trousers and is wide at the hip side.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
haibe:

And I asked why you should just question her and call her a liar,how sure are you that God didn't ask her those questions.

For a difference btw trousers and breeches yoi can see Google but just know breeches are not usually long like trousers and is wide at the hip side.
why wil u tel me that i should go and google it,it means u don't know d diference,but you just want 2 defend someone,when u know obviously that its a lie,just because d person is of same opinion wit u on dis topic,wel i'v already seen that u don't know d diferenc,but let me tel u there is no diference,why wil u even b talkin about google wen u hv ur dictionary,travel 2 ur dictionary nd tel me d diference.just incase u don't hv a good dictionary i would advice u use Collins English dictionary.thank u
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
spencerwilliams: why wil u tel me that i should go and google it,it means u don't know d diference,but you just want 2 defend someone,when u know obviously that its a lie,just because d person is of same opinion wit u on dis topic,wel i'v already seen that u don't know d diferenc,but let me tel u there is no diference,why wil u even b talkin about google wen u hv ur dictionary,travel 2 ur dictionary nd tel me d diference.just incase u don't hv a good dictionary i would advice u use Collins English dictionary.thank u

I said google and not dictionary because words in dictionary changes meaning over time since language is dynamic.

Do a Google searc for the picture of a breech worn in the BCs and compare it to trousers which u wear today.

Also the bible never restticted a particular wear for female or male, that's men's rule which may be adopted if suitable but not forced on someone
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
@OP, if u c ur pastor on stage puttin on skirt,blouse and hair tie wht wil u say, we u tel pple dat he is lookin nice or he is putin on ladies wear. why didn't we hav skirt 4 men. The devil is moving like roaring lion seekin 4 whom he may devour.
there are gowns too for men that are unisex.both men and women wear it e.g jalamia,then the urhobo dressing,men tie wrapper under their top and wear something like hat,remember women to tie wrapper and wear top

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
peppy luv: Nice but there is a difference btwn decent dressing and looking like an eyo masqurade! I can't be wrong with decent trousers(not leggins )and a shirt. That I didn't wear hijab on top or tie my hair will not make me indecent besides the last time I checked,muslim girls are encouraged to wear trousers evn those on niqab wear trousers. In the north,while the christian schl girls wear skirts the muslims wear trousers!
Incase u dont know,90% of the rich muslim girls don't wear hijab infact they hardly cover their hair!especially when they are outside the country. Indimi's daughter's indecent wedding gown is a proof and as a catholic I can't wed in such gown.

exactly.examples of indecent trousers are low waist trousers,revealing your back waist,uper portion of your ass,bum shorts,tranparent leggings revealing all your thighs and ass,then there is one kind of funny looking leggings i see on ladies,they call it pinging.it has different colours,pink,blue,black,brown,wine etc,they wear it with a short top and all the contous of their ass,hips,thighs etc will not only be shaking but also showing

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
kulyie: there are gowns too for men that are unisex.both men and women wear it e.g jalamia,then the urhobo dressing,men tie wrapper under their top and wear something like hat,remember women to tie wrapper and wear top

Exactly!
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2014
spencerwilliams: u ar a liar God neva asked u any question,ur first question u claimed God asked u is exactly wat has proven u wrong,ther ar up 2 three places where trousers are mentioned in d bible so stop lyin wit God's name,rememba all liars will go 2 helllllll,Repent,nd b forgiven.

she is a liar but you are telling the truth right? SMH!!
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by lawrence79: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2014
Even among the Christians so many different interpretations of a bible verse. I still find it difficult to comprehend why a merciful God will put a woman in an everlasting hell fire for wearing a trouser.
The way we human generally both Christians and Muslims that I am familier with see hell self is beyond my comprehension.
Let's assume all Christians only or all Muslims only ll make heaven, have you thought about if the merciful God ll b happy about the population of the Arab world that are mostly Muslims if u are a christain , the Asia's including the Chinese with over 1.3 billon, which majority are none Christian, and generally all none Christian or none Muslim if you believe Islam is the only way, will be put to everlasting hell fire by a ' mercifully' God.
I seriously need help to agree that a merciful God ll put most of his creations to everlasting torment. Especially knowing his mercy enduret for ever!

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 28, 2014
lawrence79: Even among the Christians so many different interpretations of a bible verse. I still find it difficult to comprehend why a merciful God will put a woman in an everlasting hell fire for wearing a trouser.
The way we human generally both Christians and Muslims that I am familier with see hell self is beyond my comprehension.
Let's assume all Christians only or all Muslims only ll make heaven, have you thought about if the merciful God ll b happy about the population of the Arab world that are mostly Muslims if u are a christain , the Asia's including the Chinese with over 1.3 billon, which majority are none Christian, and generally all none Christian or none Muslim if you believe Islam is the only way, will be put to everlasting hell fire by a ' mercifully' God.
I seriously need help to agree that a merciful God ll put most of his creations to everlasting torment. Especially knowing his mercy enduret for ever!

Very true
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
lawrence79: Even among the Christians so many different interpretations of a bible verse. I still find it difficult to comprehend why a merciful God will put a woman in an everlasting hell fire for wearing a trouser.
Well you have a point but not totally
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2014
haibe:
Well you have a point but not totally
long time, where have you been
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by tpia6: 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
udopee: @ the op,as a man on trousers, when you want to urinate in an open place, you freely do that at ease without people around seeing ur body, it is not the same case with a woman wearing trousers. If accidentally she is on a far journey and along the line the vehicle stops for people to urinate, I tell you that you will see everything cus she have to pull down the trouser to her hipline before having free assess to ease herself. What else is she hiding again. It wouldn't be like that if she is wearing a well covering long skirt bcus all she need to do is to quietly bend down and off she goes. THIS IS SIMPLE REASONING TO SHOW YOU THAT NATURE DOES NOT SUPPORT WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS OR MEN WEARING SKIRT...SHALOM!

hmmm
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 28, 2014
tpia6: hmmm
As in, the guy just clear d mata grin
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by tpia6: 12:49am On Sep 28, 2014
wetin person fit say again.

in nigeria, such things are important.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Pastor Odumeje Shows Off N4m To Be Given To Victims Of Ochanja Market Fire / Photo Of A Ram With 5 Horns - Is It Acceptable For Sallah? / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.