Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (41124 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Donates Items To IDP Camp In Edo (Photos) / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by caprini: 2:40am On Dec 03, 2013
gboss4sure: Shey na because he was caught on camera

Exactly......if he wasn't caught on camera,what will be the fate of the widow ?
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by maximunimpact(m): 4:25am On Dec 03, 2013
Psychedelia: What is this? Some poor attempt at countering the uppercuts from his political enemies?

So, because PDP don give money to the same widow he'd publicly told off in such a barbaric way, na dis PR stitch job im wan do?

From the words of my grandfather, "The best gift offered with the wrong intention, always proves the most dangerous".

I guess this money is meant to cover for her funeral, after she has "gone and died".

Ironically nobody knws about ur grandfather, d few ppl dat met him nva took him as a wiseman including u! Carry go osho baba!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by raffite: 4:57am On Dec 03, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
A gesture too late. The damage is done already

Go and Die!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 03, 2013
He can go and die...
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by exalt2009: 5:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Our action will speak for us in every area of our life...He made mistake and now he has correct it...If everyone of us could just emulate this can of life style, the world would be at peace...Blessing in disguise.....Our God has the final saying of our Life not man...
The Governor was just a Tool in the hand of God...Do you want to tell me that the woman has not be abuse before? No!!!!
God want to glorify himself in the life of the woman and to let her know that He is call..ALMIGHTY God....I AM THY AM
Example: Lazarus in the Bible, Jesus was told that he's friend was sick by lazarus sister but Jesus knew it all but he told the lazarus sister to go and he will come....If Jesus should go with lazarus sister@ that minutes, the glory of God will not have be known today about lazarus but For it to come to pass and for the glory of God to be know, Lazarus need to die and Jesus christ was there to bring him back from the Death...That is Wonderful....
So let go back to the woman go and die ; now go and enjoy and Bless...
Our God will never forget us....thanks

berem: Oshio baba! You too much o!

"Go and Die" is now a blessing in disguise. It is no longer "Go and Die" but "Go and enjoy"

The lord is good! grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by iamdsam: 7:24am On Dec 03, 2013
Good move from one of my best governors Oshiomhole. This was definitely the right thing to do. Evil minded individuals would still talk shit though. Thumbs up Oshio baba!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by omoalaafin: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2013
He wouldn't have done this if the video did not leak but he he has asked for forgiveness, so he should be forgiven. What he said was wrong but the woman, even though she is a widow, is not above the law. However, death is not a commensurate punishment for what she did. Now, she is no more dieing; she is dinning.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Akeem30: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2013
There is blessing in disguise.Gov. Keep up with good work!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by skiguy123(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2013
PDP donated 250k and now APC donated 2million..Now PDP is angry seeing this..now PDP can GO AND DIE
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by babatgtr: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2013
Aussie: Oshiomhole donates N2m to widow
December 2, 2013 by NAN Leave a Comment

Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole

Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole
| credits: File copy

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Monday donated two million naira to a widow he allegedly insulted while on an inspection tour of the state.

The widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, who was invited to the Edo Government House by the governor, was also offered automatic employment by Oshiomhole.

Oshiomhole had invited the widow to personally apologise to her over his uncomplimentary remark that had generated controversies in the conventional and social media in the last few weeks.

‘’ Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement.

“I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst.

‘’ I apologise from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes you get angry when people compromise your efforts.’’

He said that government was trying to change the face of the state capital by doing its best to make the city beautiful.

The governor said that it was frustrating and bad for some people to truncate government efforts.

He stressed that trading on the road and walk ways could hinder free flow of traffic as well as cause accidents.

Oshiomhole, therefore, appeal to the widow to join in the campaign against road and walkways trading.

The governor said that exposing consumables to unhygienic sanitary conditions could also cause ”disease and pose dangerous health hazards to humans”.

Oshiomhole, who also announced the automatic employment to the widow, said that the employment would help her ease the burden of widowhood and give her children good and proper education.

He further assured the widow that his family would assist the widow’s second child in furthering his education, while also appealing to her to resist the temptation of law breaking.

The widow had earlier apologized to the governor for her action, saying ‘’ I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realized I was face to face with the Governor’’.

She promised to work with the state government in its campaign against street trading and obstruction.

She also promised to make judicious use of the money donated to her by the governor.
source: The Punch Newspaper

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1446134_1464126_10201832060976629_1793986430_n_jpg44f31ba61691ff87c9dcb020a8934b24
. Dis is realy grass to grace
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Tell me you've never used wrong words in your life in moment of anger.....it's very convenient to give advice from your position.

I vehemently condemned his choice of words on the woman when the news broke....but now he has done what a real man do: sincere apology...

I don't think the issue can affect him now negatively ...but positively.

PDP failed in the attempt to latch onto it.....

you'll have to ask PDP that in the next election.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by naijanedu(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by MyJoe: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
plaindealer:
This is your own internet assumptions and not credible facts because he did not use state funds, not at least till you present credible facts to hang your assumptions on.

No, it's not my own internet assumptions. It is yours. You wrote this:
plaindealer:
And what's wrong with spending state resources on your subjects to better their lives? Abi the woman is from MARS and not Edo state?

That^^^ is what I responded to in that post of mine. I gave you an analogy which you rather than respond to went into redemption like a Sunday school teacher.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by jamace(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
As the saying goes, "Conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal", Osho Baba has healed his conscience in a grand style which is what we want from our leaders. I hail him for his humility.

I also thank Nigerians who pointed out his wrong to him like Prophet Nathan to King David in the Bible.

May your days be long, Osho Baba. Keep it up and may the works of your leadership be blessed.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Fricain: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2013
ADMISSIONS INTO 200 LEVEL
WHY WAIT TILL JAMB FAILS YOU? GET YOUR IJMB FORMS TODAY and get admission into 200 level, instead. Read More:
http:///social/191/14865
Also
BE PAID N228,800 MONTHLY!
Grab this ICT Empowerment opportunity today. Get trained FREE of charge and be paid cash! Read More:
http:///social/354/14865
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by denzel2009: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2013
I can see prayer points popping up as 'May God let you meet your Go and die moment by fire in Jesus name'
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by mondi2: 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
It is said that every disappointment is a blessing. God has turned the "GO & DIE" widow's tears to joy.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by omocalabar(m): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2013
we tend to say whats really in our mind when we re angry or drunk....the Gov hav expressed his mind......''edo people go and die''....the 2mill is just pure politicking,...and the pdp man is a daft, shuld hav used the situation well...that why u shuld get gud advisers rather than employin relatives
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Garrithe1st: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Freiburger:
You 're right. This simply helped in revealing how they carelessly throw up state's cash behind-the-scenes.

Why did you ban me till 2106??

The reason you put there was: [size=15pt].[/size]

WTF is wrong with ur "burger-head"??

angry angry
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Garrithe1st: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
Freiburger: And from whose purse will the money be coming from? tax payers must now pay for a governor's rant? funny guys. cheesy

Why did you ban me till 2106??

The reason you put there was: [size=15pt].[/size]

WTF is wrong with ur "burger-head"??

angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

National Theatre, Lagos Wears A New Look (Pictures) / Masari Paints Katsina Schools With APC Colour / Reno Omokri Meets With Atiku Abubakar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.