Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,572 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (41120 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Donates Items To IDP Camp In Edo (Photos) / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Lilimax(f): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
Beennkumar: Hmmm, a single careless statement just made the woman a millioniare. cheesy

The whole situation overturned and worked out for her good smiley
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Stevosty: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
I guess the cameraman deserves a little something, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Spacodinho(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
egift: God bless the Man-Of-The-People! PDP could not even manage a free opportunity. Gov. Adams keep up the good work.

na only this roundabout dey for edo? I don tire to the see only this roundabout! *team show us another project*
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by babseg(m): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oshiomole na wise politician grin

He quickly apologized for his own selfish interest as to not loose his political ambition/post grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by frankyychiji(f): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
berem: you have forgotten so fast that when people get old,their brains revert to that of a 3 years old child. So sad! cry

PDP made a mistake by trying to politicize the whole incident by giving the widow money. Oshiomole has shamed his political enemies by given her 2 million naira. So who's laughing best?
Good gesture by Oshiomole. cool
. U didn't read d PDP donation post did u? N250k first installment. Gosh! Dis widow will be stinking rich soon, watch some lazy dudes begin to ask for her hand in marriage. Lmao.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by AdekunleBalogun: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg whenI realized I was face to face with the Governor’’.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by ifoundmyperfect: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
eye service

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by BlackHuman(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
Now this proves there's something called DESTINY or FATE.....if u have a good one, there's no stopping u in life.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by AdekunleBalogun: 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg whenI realized I was face to face with the Governor’’.

Am most grateful for this act, it only shows Governors are not god bt humans and can make mistakes too.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Lilimax(f): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good;
and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.
For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Deiok(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Haters what you gonna say huh.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its too late. Looks like hypocrisy to me. He probably spoke his mind when he told her to 'go and die' which in turn may mean he is not interested in the lives of his people(probably 'o'!) what has he even done in edo state? anyway the devil you know (pdp) is better than the angel you dont know (apc). Edo people ponder over this statement and vote wisely. GOD bless you all
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its too late. Looks like hypocrisy to me. He probably spoke his mind when he told her to 'go and die' which in turn may mean he is not interested in the welfare of his people(probably 'o'!) what has he even done in edo state? anyway the devil you know (pdp) is better than the angel you dont know (apc). Edo people ponder over this statement and vote wisely. GOD bless you all
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by omajali2003(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
The moral lesson is that as far as there is life there is hope. God knows how He arranges circumstances to take us to the next level.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Jxtmayor(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
berem:
Are you from Edo state, NO!

Is the money not meant for Edo people? Yes it is!
Is she an Edo woman,yes she is!

Does she pay taxes? Yes she does!

Why are you drinking water for another person's thirst?
complete thrash!!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by igosee: 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Black Human: Now this proves there's something called DESTINY or FATE.....if u have a good one, there's no stopping u in life.
Yes ooohhh, even in time of difficulties , don't loss hope, God can use your enemy or unexpectation to lift someone up, Go and Die has turned to Go and Smile
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by ba7man(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
What is wrong with some people??

Oshiomole stepped out of line, everyone criticized him collectively regardless of party affilliation.

He has apologized, given the widow 2million Naira.........What more do they want from him??

The "Go and die", G.E.J's gesture of silence and inactions whenever innocent people were killed in Borno back then is another example of this kind of attitude.

People were killed once in Borno and all he could utter was "They can't frustrate me out of office". I still can't believe he thinks its about him.

The "Go and die" Peter Obi symbolized by permitting over 40 dead bodies float in Izu river and hushing the case is another good example.

The "Go and die" that occurs in Jos where villages are slaughtered in their sleep and leaders only come out to "Condemn" the act without doing anything about it also comes to mind.

..........When white men now say "Africans are stup1d", we'll get angry. Its sentimental thots we always exhibit void of common reasoning that leads to them insulting us.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by donphilopus: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
God bless my comrade governor! We were also made to understand, that some political party that shouting that they'd give her something, didn't give a damn!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by luvinhubby(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
If Oshiomhole was not caught on a tape that went viral saying to her `go and die`, he will never have apologized the way he did to that woman.
It`s all political preservation things, it`s too late, we now all know Oshiomhole for what he is, A SADIST.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Elgaxton(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Aussie: Oshiomhole donates N2m to widow
December 2, 2013 by NAN Leave a Comment

Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole

Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole
| credits: File copy

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Monday donated two million naira to a widow he allegedly insulted while on an inspection tour of the state.

The widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, who was invited to the Edo Government House by the governor, was also offered automatic employment by Oshiomhole.

Oshiomhole had invited the widow to personally apologise to her over his uncomplimentary remark that had generated controversies in the conventional and social media in the last few weeks.

‘’ Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement.

“I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst.

‘’ I apologise from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes you get angry when people compromise your efforts.’’

He said that government was trying to change the face of the state capital by doing its best to make the city beautiful.

The governor said that it was frustrating and bad for some people to truncate government efforts.

He stressed that trading on the road and walk ways could hinder free flow of traffic as well as cause accidents.

Oshiomhole, therefore, appeal to the widow to join in the campaign against road and walkways trading.

The governor said that exposing consumables to unhygienic sanitary conditions could also cause ”disease and pose dangerous health hazards to humans”.

Oshiomhole, who also announced the automatic employment to the widow, said that the employment would help her ease the burden of widowhood and give her children good and proper education.

He further assured the widow that his family would assist the widow’s second child in furthering his education, while also appealing to her to resist the temptation of law breaking.

The widow had earlier apologized to the governor for her action, saying ‘’ I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realized I was face to face with the Governor’’.

She promised to work with the state government in its campaign against street trading and obstruction.

She also promised to make judicious use of the money donated to her by the governor.
source: The Punch Newspaper

Good job Oshiobaba... The challenge now is that every widow will want to sell on the road for recognition purposes.
Welcome to Naija
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by fabulousdame(f): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
i pity for una wen nor know say na politics be dis, y e nor go apologise give am money wen pdp don involve..after e talk go en die finish, e mouth come block for dat day, y e nor apologise instantly or the next morning.
i know my governor

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by ba7man(m): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Is it only until someone opens his/her mouth to say the words "Go and die" that he can express it??
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by fabulousdame(f): 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
i pity for una wen nor know say na politics be dis, y e nor go apologise give am money wen pdp don involve..after e talk go en die finish, e mouth come block for dat day, y e nor apologise instantly or the next morning.
i know my governor grin
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by dodokire12: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
During the NLC Days he pretended as if he was fighting for the masses but now we can see the other side,so terrible despite the way the woman begged him calling God in the process he told her to go and die.

Do you think that if what happened was not on video and not condemmed,the woman will ever get 2m?
Do you know how many people has suffered insults like that from Oshiomole that we never heard of?

We never know the character of a man until he handles money and power.

Its an opportunity for the widow to get blessed despite what she went through.

Thank God for wonderful opportunities that turned the widow into a millionaire.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
A gesture too late. The damage is done already

which damage Ask d widow now, whether any damage was done!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by BlackHuman(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
tm-tech:
Wareva..........no amount of money can clean off such public mess.........stone age gov....u shud be informed nw that ur phone can do more that texting n calling.......internet is nw in vogue and widely used......cos u may out of anger atempt To Molest or commit other inhuman acts.....jst do it off camera....I lost the much respect I av for u the moment I saw that degrading Footage...... A leader has to be careful no mater the situation....if u try that in a developed country....u wud av probably been force to bid ur political career bye.....compensating the helpless widow with state money will never erase ur ruthlessness from the mind of pple.......
My friend Go & DIE! with ur excess baggage
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by doubleking(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
A repented/sorry heart God will not despise
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by akahp(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Not so fast...I won't allow you to use blackmail to silence me!.

1. I strongly condemned the statement he made..

2. He is human first before being a governor....unfortunately he was a bit overboard and allowed his emotion to get hold of him in a momentary loss of mind

3. He has humbled himself enough to offer an unconditional apology and in the process helping the woman to live a more comfortable and dignified life.

4. You Afam failed to see the positive outcome of the incidence...but want to hold on to the sad part...because it furthers your interest as a PDP sympathizer
dont tink ur xo smart, ur jst a hypocrite. 'sincere apology' indeed!! Wia waz al dis 'truthful remorse nd nice gestures' of his b4 pdp made d move d made, he 4get it rite. U wil agri wit me dat al wat his doing naw is damage control, unless ur bent on being silly.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
its just the right time God remenbered the widow. Who knows may be the woman just prayed that God should remember her for good.
Now any one that doesnt like what gov did should go and.........
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by luvinhubby(m): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Lilimax: A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; lipsrsealed
and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil.
For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)
Oshiomhole have spoken his heart, all he is doing now is face-saving acrobatics.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by EmenikeOkoye(m): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Gov.Oshiomhole,pls come & insult me oooo,I need it.
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by rusher14: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
Deiok: Haters what you gonna say huh.
Go And Die!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Imposes Total Lockdown On Kano For Two Weeks / Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor / National Theatre, Lagos Wears A New Look (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.