Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,364 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow (41096 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Donates Items To IDP Camp In Edo (Photos) / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Aussie(m): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oshiomhole donates N2m to widow
December 2, 2013 by NAN Leave a Comment

Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole

Edo State Governor Comrade Adams Oshiomhole
| credits: File copy

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Monday donated two million naira to a widow he allegedly insulted while on an inspection tour of the state.

The widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, who was invited to the Edo Government House by the governor, was also offered automatic employment by Oshiomhole.

Oshiomhole had invited the widow to personally apologise to her over his uncomplimentary remark that had generated controversies in the conventional and social media in the last few weeks.

‘’ Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement.

“I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst.

‘’ I apologise from the bottom of my heart, but sometimes you get angry when people compromise your efforts.’’

He said that government was trying to change the face of the state capital by doing its best to make the city beautiful.

The governor said that it was frustrating and bad for some people to truncate government efforts.

He stressed that trading on the road and walk ways could hinder free flow of traffic as well as cause accidents.

Oshiomhole, therefore, appeal to the widow to join in the campaign against road and walkways trading.

The governor said that exposing consumables to unhygienic sanitary conditions could also cause ”disease and pose dangerous health hazards to humans”.

Oshiomhole, who also announced the automatic employment to the widow, said that the employment would help her ease the burden of widowhood and give her children good and proper education.

He further assured the widow that his family would assist the widow’s second child in furthering his education, while also appealing to her to resist the temptation of law breaking.

The widow had earlier apologized to the governor for her action, saying ‘’ I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realized I was face to face with the Governor’’.

She promised to work with the state government in its campaign against street trading and obstruction.

She also promised to make judicious use of the money donated to her by the governor.
source: The Punch Newspaper

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1446134_1464126_10201832060976629_1793986430_n_jpg44f31ba61691ff87c9dcb020a8934b24

93 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nightshift(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
May God forgive the remorseful governor!

And for the woman, time to invest her money wisely. God has many ways of answering prayers! She must avoid " vultures", who might promise to help her invest the money.

51 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Afam4eva(m): 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
This is a kind gesture but even if he emptied the yearly budget of Edo state government for the widow, it doesn't change the fact that he told the woman to go and die and that will be on record and will serve as a deterrent to other caustic tongues in government.

On a lighter note, i don't mind a governor telling me to go and die as long as i'll be given a token just as this. There's a saying that goes "If you don't get insulted in life, you won't get blessed". Btw, i formed this saying grin

56 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by egift(m): 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
God bless the Man-Of-The-People! PDP could not even manage a free opportunity. Gov. Adams keep up the good work.

21 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva: This is a kind gesture but even if he emptied the yearly budget of Edo state government for the widow, it doesn't change the fact that he told the woman to go and die and that will be on record and will serve as a deterrent to other caustic tongues in government.

On a lighter note, i don't mind a governor tell me to go and die as long as i'll be given a token just as this. There's a saying that goes "If you don't get insulted in life, you won't get blessed". Btw, i formed this saying.

Tell me you've never used wrong words in your life in moment of anger.....it's very convenient to give advice from your position.

I vehemently condemned his choice of words on the woman when the news broke....but now he has done what a real man do: sincere apology...

I don't think the issue can affect him now negatively ...but positively.

PDP failed in the attempt to latch onto it.....

63 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Psychedelia(m): 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
What is this? Some poor attempt at countering the uppercuts from his political enemies?

So, because PDP don give money to the same widow he'd publicly told off in such a barbaric way, na dis PR stitch job im wan do?

From the words of my grandfather, "The best gift offered with the wrong intention, always proves the most dangerous".

I guess this money is meant to cover for her funeral, after she has "gone and died".

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by DerideGull(m): 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
@OP

The current Edo State governor is a rapscallion of the highest stratum. I guess the money the lapper donated to the insulted widow came from his salary.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Psychedelia: What is this? Some poor attempt at countering the jabs from his political enemies?

From the words of my grandfather, "The best gift offered with the wrong intention, always proves the most dangerous".

I guess this money is meant to cover for her funeral, after she has "gone and died".

He knows people like you exist, but he has to do what he ought to do: offer a sincere apology...and help the woman to live a better and more fulfilling life.

No matter what he does..people like you would always be available to question the motive and offer cynical comments.

The evergreen song of Chief Ebenezer Obey readily comes to mind here.

38 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oshio baba! You too much o!

"Go and Die" is now a blessing in disguise. It is no longer "Go and Die" but "Go and enjoy"

The lord is good! grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by alphaconde(m): 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
If he didn't donate this from his salary den praise him not.

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Tell me you've never used wrong words in your life in moment of anger.....it's very convenient to give advice from your position.

I vehemently condemned his choice of words on the woman when the news broke....but now he has done what a real man do: sincere apology...

I don't think the issue can affect him now negatively ...but positively.

PDP failed in the attempt to latch onto it.....

I make mistakes almost everyday but i don't hold any political office. Political office holders are saddled with the responsibility of being civil with their countenance and choice of words. The onyl reason you're having a soft spot for Osho is because of his party affiliation. Had it been Jonathan that told someone to go and die, we won't hear the last of it. Let's learn to speak the truth irrespective of what political divide we align with.

36 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

The current Edo State governor is a rapscallion of the highest stratum. I guess the money the lapper donated to the insulted widow came from his salary.

Quit being silly already old-man

....Sometimes you need to make comment in this community from a position of maturity. You comments often comes way too childish for your status here.

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by OMAJE4: 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
If he actually apologised to her personally then thats commendable but Oshiomhole must stop justifying his action by claiming the widow indulged in street trading, She didnt. It doesnt matter if she's been made to admit doing some kind of wrong to trigger the Governors wrath but its evident She wasnt trading but only waiting for a bus to pick her wares and her supposed crime was keeping her goods at the side of the road which clearly isnt street trading.
Genuine repentance can only come when we admit our mistakes wholeheartedly and seek forgiveness. Someone please tell that to Osho, the woman may be happy and better off today but we still know there's an arrogant and unrepentant tyrant in Edo state govt house.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by jmaine: 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oga Osho has done the needful even though he is stubbornly trying to accuse the widow of a crime she didn't commit. grin.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
i will tell my dady for u.....u see....
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
I make mistakes almost everyday but i don't hold any political office. Political office holders are saddled with the responsibility of being civil with their countenance and choice of words. The onyl reason you're having a soft spot for Osho is because of his party affiliation. Had it been Jonathan that told someone to go and die, we won't hear the last of it. Let's learn to speak the truth irrespective of what political divide we align with.

Not so fast...I won't allow you to use blackmail to silence me!.

1. I strongly condemned the statement he made..

2. He is human first before being a governor....unfortunately he was a bit overboard and allowed his emotion to get hold of him in a momentary loss of mind

3. He has humbled himself enough to offer an unconditional apology and in the process helping the woman to live a more comfortable and dignified life.

4. You Afam failed to see the positive outcome of the incidence...but want to hold on to the sad part...because it furthers your interest as a PDP sympathizer

35 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Etumgbe(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
Very soon now you will see Edo women lining up on the road with their goods waiting for the governor's insult.

"go and die" is now a two million naira insult.

I pity any poor man who will tell me to go and die cos I go cut his head

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by OMAJE4: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Not so fast...I won't allow you to use blackmail to silence me!.

1. I strongly condemned the statement he made..

2. He is human first before being a governor....unfortunately he was a bit overboard and allowed his emotion to get hold of him in a momentary loss of mind

3. He has humbled himself enough to offer an unconditional apology and in the process helping the woman to live a more comfortable and dignified life.

4. You Afam failed to see the positive outcome of the incidence...but want to hold on to the sad part...because it furthers your interest as a PDP sympathizer
And arent you now also only focusing on the supposed good ending because it 'furthers your interest' as an ACN sympathizer? Bloody hypocrite, like masters like followers.

21 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
She promised to work with the state
government in its campaign against street
trading and obstruction.

She also promised to make judicious use of the
money donated to her by the governor.
She also promised to make judicious use of the
money donated to her by the governor.[/quote]

Very heartwarming and happy ending story.

While many bigots, tribalists and political opportunists trivialized and manipulated this situation, faith obviously brought both together and it's more than obvious that this situation created a better governor and better citizen.

9 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by tmtech: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wareva..........no amount of money can clean off such public mess.........stone age gov....u shud be informed nw that ur phone can do more that texting n calling.......internet is nw in vogue and widely used......cos u may out of anger atempt To Molest or commit other inhuman acts.....jst do it off camera....I lost the much respect I av for u the moment I saw that degrading Footage...... A leader has to be careful no mater the situation....if u try that in a developed country....u wud av probably been force to bid ur political career bye.....compensating the helpless widow with state money will never erase ur ruthlessness from the mind of pple.......

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by jmoore(m): 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
The Lord will use your enemies to uplift you.

Woman go and live. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by abuc: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
I've learnt a lot of lessons from this awful event. Even in Anger, we should be able to control ourselves.
You don't know who is recording and whatever you do in anger can be used against you at the appropriate time.

In as much as I appreciate this kind gesture by Oshiomole, this particular event have changed my perception about
the so called man of the people. His outburst was a reflection of who he is and no amount of billions will change that.
At first I thought the video was manipulated because I could not believe Mr Comrade uttered such words but I was
wrong.

Its very good to have a strong opposition party within the polity because they will influence those in ruling party to
sit up. Just imagine if EDO PDP did not offer the Widow a good gesture with their last week press release instructing
the widow to come over to their office to collect a first installment of N250,000 this Tuesday. Oshiomhole have to
hurriedly offer her 2 million with automatic employment. Our Leaders should be careful with their utterances when in
Public in this Internet Age.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
OMAJE4: And arent you now also only focusing on the supposed good ending because it 'furthers your interest' as an ACN sympathizer? Bloody hypocrite, like masters like followers.

If it makes you happy while enjoying your lunch this afternoon...feel free to believe that.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
Good gesture by the governor. All's well that ends well. At the end of the day we are all human. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by plaindealer: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

And this means they are not humans and are above mistakes?

I think your own political affiliation did the talking right there and not common sense, sensible logic or rational..

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: Good gesture by the governor. All's well that ends well. At the end of the day we are all human. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

SALUTE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Firefire(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
The comrade governor well done.
I sincerely appreciate you heeding to the voice of reason and tendering unreserved apologies.
I trust you would be cautious next time and listen to yourself before speaking a word.
I hope and believe Nigerians would find a place in their heart to forgive Adams and let restore him back to the position of grace he has fallen from.
Comrade Adams Oshiomole… thank you for heeding the cry of that widow.
Is it possible you set up support program for other widows in Edo State?
Nigerians and the people of Edo will surely thank you in many years to come for the goodwill.

God bless Edo State!
God bless Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Quit being silly already old-man

....Sometimes you need to make comment in this community from a position of maturity. You comments often comes way too childish for your status here.
you have forgotten so fast that when people get old,their brains revert to that of a 3 years old child. So sad! cry

PDP made a mistake by trying to politicize the whole incident by giving the widow money. Oshiomole has shamed his political enemies by given her 2 million naira. So who's laughing best?
Good gesture by Oshiomole. cool

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by oluwashaddow(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Josydaky
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Op
Show us the photo
Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Psychedelia(m): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

He knows people like you exist, but he has to do what he ought to do: offer a sincere apology...and help the woman to live a better and more fulfilling life.

No matter what he does..people like you would always be available to question the motive and offer cynical comments.

You mean just like slow-witted syncophants of your ilk are ready to blindly attack Goodluck Jonathan for everything he does, but rush to shamelessly praise your party when it opens its doors to PDP leftovers like Achike Udenwa, Chris Ngige, Rotimi Amaechi (the SAME man you and Eko-Ile used to bash in the past. I've got URLs of those old threads to put you to shame) and Rochas Okorocha, right?

If your "progressive" Oshiomhole did that to counter his critics, then he's an even bigger dullard than I thought.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
Shey na because he was caught on camera

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023 / Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi Governorship Election / National Council Of State Meeting, State House, Aabuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.