Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54415 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by stanlomite: 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2013
To all prosecutors of Catholic belief and faith on NL I like u to know these
Catholic don't worship mary but honour her(Luke 1:42) even the angel give her honour(Luke 1:28) and Mary is the mother of God(Luke 1:43)
Mary is the mother of Christians(John 19:25-27)
Mary can intercede for us(John 2:3-8, 1Tim 2:1)
Position of Mary in heaven according to Rev 12:1.
We worship God but give honour to who he came out of.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2013
babatgtr: Pls nd pls I wnt to beg every1 here nt to abuse a servant of God,wether wat he did is right or wrong jst leav him wif God, pls in other nt to face d̶̲̥̅̊ God's anger. Thanks
You mean the Pope that your okonta insulted?Yes,I agree with you.The devil okonte guy shouldn't insult the Pope,rev.frs and catholics.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
farem: [color=#990000][/color]

All have sinned (including Mary, Okotie, Adeboye, Abraham, Isaac Jacob, Adam, You ..... Myself!
- Bible (the Greatest authority in Heavens and Earth). Puncture this Truth, and you puncture your space in Heaven!
On Praying to/Worshipping Mary

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..."

(Exodus 20:4-5)

We are forbidden from praying or even bowing to any type of image or statue. The Catholic religion centers around breaking God's commands, especially the 2nd commandment not to bow to an image (Mother Mary). It is a sin to bow to an image of Mary, whether you pray to her or not.

Notice that the Bible forbids us to even "bow" to a graven image. All of the Catholic people who keep defending themselves by saying that they don't really pray to Mary need to read the Bible better. It's an abomination unto God for anyone to even BOW before a statue or painting and pray. We are not to bow to ANY image. If you bow down in front of a statue of Mary, you are committing wickedness. It is as simple as that!
I just prefer bowing to Mary.Instead of okonte that you worship.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 1:22am On Dec 06, 2013
clefstone: don't rily undastnd d final part of this ur comment but i'l try nd reply u. First of all, wen Mary got wind of d wine situation, she immediately went to her son, Jesus. His reply was, 'woman, dont u know my time has not yet come? She ignored his response nd commanded d servants to do whatever Jesus tells them. This tells 2 important tins, 1. Mary knew Jesus could do sometin about the situation(unshaken belief in Christ). 2. She knew Jesus would not deny what she requested even if it means rearrangement of d divine plot as his time had not come.
Whether u lyk it or not, Mary is not ordinary. Do you ever imagine a woman pregnant with God. Thats what Mary was. Though she was born ordinary, by God's grace and by her co-operation with God, she was made the mother of God. She deserves all the reverence afterall she said it herself that all generation shall call her blessed

Again u let ur assumptions play right? Show us proof in d Bible where it is stated that "Mary isn't Ordinary"........what of Elijah? Enoch? according to ur standards too, are they ordinary? Why haven't u been honouring dem? I hv pointed so many times on this thread dat Jesus ddnt even consider Mary as important as David, so hv u been honouring David too?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 1:43am On Dec 06, 2013
free radical: And you think a vessel smeared with sin can house our all holy God> Or you dnt tink Jesus is God.

seems dis ppl dnt knw why Jesus had no earthly
Father and Mary has earthly father, a very good
distinction here! Jesus was sinless cos He isn't d
product of the normal procreation of man! but He
had to have a body and be born of a woman
because He has to partake of our humanity, and
be unda d law dat condemns us to d flesh inorder
to free us from the curse. Mary on d other hand
was a sinner like u and I (not in d sense of
committing sin) and d reason for being a virgin at
d conception of Jesus only meant it is a sign for
Israel and nothing more special about it...and Mary being a Virgin is a sign!

And am amazed that u ddnt know that its cos of Jesus' mortality in human flesh that He was being able to be crucified. Had Mary being anythin special as u suggest, Jesus wdnt have been able to be crucified, He wud have been like Adam before he ate of the tree of good and evil...Jesus had to have a mortal body, hence the purpose of Mary. This is as opposed to ur erroneous thinkin of a "holy special" Mary able to contain God...perhaps u ddnt know dat Jesus emptied Himself by eclipsing His Glory, so as to fit in dis world. Read the Carmeni Christi Phillipians 2:6-7.

Jesus after resurrecting now has an immortal human body i.e A Glorifed Human (Jesus remained a with His human body after resurrection)...this is the perfection of the Human nature that Adam lost!

So cast aside ur silly theories all in d effort of supporting catholicism, and study ur Bible!

Goodluck to u
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Reallandmark: 2:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Rev Chris continue to advertise ur church n urself
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by vikinatius(m): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2013
There's no need kidding! The fact is as clear as a High definition video camera. For God has already passed his judgement as in the scripture " thou shall serve no other gods(graven images) before me". So lets stop panting and be specific. And it is also said that "no one comes to the father except through me", we know everthing my people
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2013
dejilg:

Again u let ur assumptions play right? Show us proof in d Bible where it is stated that "Mary isn't Ordinary"........what of Elijah? Enoch? according to ur standards too, are they ordinary? Why haven't u been honouring dem? I hv pointed so many times on this thread dat Jesus ddnt even consider Mary as important as David, so hv u been honouring David too?
Catholics don't honour Mary alone but ALL the holy people who hv gone before us. Do u know that the Feast of Ss Peter and Paul is a Catholic holiday for example, if u attend Catholic school any whr in d world that day is a school free day. The above people u just mentioned; David, Elijah nd Elisha, r worth reverence but i'm telling you that they would rather be Mary if given d option. Who wouldn't? Remember tht Moses begged to see God. Compare tht with the woman who bore him, cared for him, lived with him and remained with him until his final hour.
As for whether she was ordinary, yes she was born an ordinary Jewish girl like millions before her nd after her. But wen the immaculate conception occured, she became the Mother of God. Now do u call that person ordinary?
As for assumptions, i wud lyk u to point out whr i hv assumed anytin here.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
clefstone: Catholics don't honour Mary alone but ALL the holy people who hv gone before us. Do u know that the Feast of Ss Peter and Paul is a Catholic holiday for example, if u attend Catholic school any whr in d world that day is a school free day. The above people u just mentioned; David, Elijah nd Elisha, r worth reverence but i'm telling you that they would rather be Mary if given d option. Who wouldn't? Remember tht Moses begged to see God. Compare tht with the woman who bore him, cared for him, lived with him and remained with him until his final hour.
As for whether she was ordinary, yes she was born an ordinary Jewish girl like millions before her nd after her. But wen the immaculate conception occured, she became the Mother of God. Now do u call that person ordinary?
As for assumptions, i wud lyk u to point out whr i hv assumed anytin here.

Again u have told us abt what u want the so called people to feel and not actually what they feel and who dey are. I have showed u dat even according to Jesus, David had a more special place than Mary, Jesus made no reference to Mary after His resurrection and even did less during His lifetime on earthly ministry! Yet u come wit these ur false allusion of David, and Elijah optin to be Mary bla bla! Now how many of these other that have "gone before us" do u have a prayer to and statues for in every Catholic church just like that of Mary?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
dejilg:

Again u have told us abt what u want the so called people to feel and not actually what they feel and who dey are. I have showed u dat even according to Jesus, David had a more special place than Mary, Jesus made no reference to Mary after His resurrection and even did less during His lifetime on earthly ministry! Yet u come wit these ur false allusion of David, and Elijah optin to be Mary bla bla! Now how many of these other that have "gone before us" do u have a prayer to and statues for in every Catholic church just like that of Mary?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by freeradical(m): 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
dejilg:

seems dis ppl dnt knw why Jesus had no earthly
Father and Mary has earthly father, a very good
distinction here! Jesus was sinless cos He isn't d
product of the normal procreation of man! but He
had to have a body and be born of a woman
because He has to partake of our humanity, and
be unda d law dat condemns us to d flesh inorder
to free us from the curse. Mary on d other hand
was a sinner like u and I (not in d sense of
committing sin) and d reason for being a virgin at
d conception of Jesus only meant it is a sign for
Israel and nothing more special about it...and Mary being a Virgin is a sign!

And am amazed that u ddnt know that its cos of Jesus' mortality in human flesh that He was being able to be crucified. Had Mary being anythin special as u suggest, Jesus wdnt have been able to be crucified, He wud have been like Adam before he ate of the tree of good and evil...Jesus had to have a mortal body, hence the purpose of Mary. This is as opposed to ur erroneous thinkin of a "holy special" Mary able to contain God...perhaps u ddnt know dat Jesus emptied Himself by eclipsing His Glory, so as to fit in dis world. Read the Carmeni Christi Phillipians 2:6-7.

Jesus after resurrecting now has an immortal human body i.e A Glorifed Human (Jesus remained a with His human body after resurrection)...this is the perfection of the Human nature that Adam lost!

So cast aside ur silly theories all in d effort of supporting catholicism, and study ur Bible!

Goodluck to u
You are funny guy. So in essence you are saying that Jesus Christ was not God when he came into this world. Well the catholic church teaches otherwise that he was true God and true man. Read the entire gospel together and you will see there are times where he spoke as God and other times he spoke as man. I think say na una protestants na e read bible how come una no see all this ones. Abi una eyes dey see only wetin una want make e see. Even me wey dey read only missal i sabi say scripturally you cannot separate the divinity fo Christ from his Humanity grin grin grin.

Then about the crap u spewed that mary is just ordinary i will also refer you to go backand read your bible again. Read the book of genesis chapter 3 and tell me who you think is 'the woman' whose offspring will crush the head of the serpent?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

Again u have told us abt what u want the so called people to feel and
not actually what they feel and who dey are. I have showed u dat even
according to Jesus, David had a more special place than Mary, Jesus made
no reference to Mary after His resurrection and even did less during
His lifetime on earthly ministry! Yet u come wit these ur false allusion
of David, and Elijah optin to be Mary bla bla! Now how many of these
other that have "gone before us" do u have a prayer to and statues for
in every Catholic church just like that of Mary?[/quote] u lyk askin dumb questions o,if u want 2 learn abt d church join them
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
free radical: You are funny guy. So in essence you are saying that Jesus Christ was not God when he came into this world. Well the catholic church teaches otherwise that he was true God and true man. Read the entire gospel together and you will see there are times where he spoke as God and other times he spoke as man. I think say na una protestants na e read bible how come una no see all this ones. Abi una eyes dey see only wetin una want make e see. Even me wey dey read only missal i sabi say scripturally you cannot separate the divinity fo Christ from his Humanity grin grin grin.

Then about the crap u spewed that mary is just ordinary i will also refer you to go backand read your bible again. Read the book of genesis chapter 3 and tell me who you think is 'the woman' whose offspring will crush the head of the serpent?

Now quote me saying Jesus wasn't God!

And again Genesis 3 doesn't solve ur problem, u r reading from ur Catholic mischevious translation! God never mentioned anythin about Mary in that verse but was saying Eve's seed will crush the serpent's head.

Gen 3:15

15  I will put enmity between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring;
he shall bruise your head,
and you shall bruise his heel."

Now the catholics have replaced the "he" in the verses with "She"......and u claim that u read ur Bible? How come u dnt knw dis difference? Seems am more catholic dan u!

Again I never said Jesus stopped being God...is dis how u mistranslate everytin?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Annaka: u lyk askin dumb questions o,if u want 2 learn abt d church join them

Well its dumb becos u dnt hv an answer to it...get over ur filthy church history and tell us why!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by alextayo(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
dhensity:

lol see another confused person, honour to Mary, Glory to Jesus..smh, where in d bible was Mary said 2 be honoured..in d long run u stil worshiping her...

i knw my bible was explicit about it...about making any image with the likeness of things on heaven nd on earth!!! pls open ur eyes ok

I always wonder what is the problem with all these depraved creatures who are always anti-Catholicism. Where else do you want to get a balanced scriptural teaching if not the Catholic church. I studied Philosophy for 4 years and almost derailed from Christianity yet it takes between 10 to 15 years to prepare a catholic priest for ordination (studying Philosophy and Theology) and this explain the quality of teachings and sermons we get from the pulpit.

Just because your Pastors attended a 3 months Bible verse memory course (Popularly called Bible School) and thereafter starts parading themselves as if they are the best thing that ever happened after bread and butter doesn't give you the audacity to wag you germs ridden tongue on a faith you knew nothing about.

Even your fore-fathers where wise enough not to bad mouth the Catholic faith

At times i wonder if you people read your bible with kerosene lamps because i cant understand why your arguments about the catholic church are always baseless and laced with malicious ideas generated from your half baked Pastors.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by alextayo(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
dejilg:

It seems u haven't gone through the thread well to see how dis ur "mother myth" falls apart! If u honour mary cos she is Jesus' Mother, den why don't u also honour David??

David is being regarded as "the Highest of the kings of the Earth" and Jesus Himself says (in His Glory) "I am the root and the OFFSPRING of David" --- seems David is more important here! So why dnt u "respect and honour David too"?

I hope I will be the one to cure you of your terminal disease called ignorance and sheer denial of the role of Mary in your life.

Read Luke 1: 46 - 55 and ponder on the commentary below. If after all these, you are not cured, then you need a trip to the world beyond for total cure.

Mary is exemplary of the humble, faithful disciple. That a woman provides such an example is significant, since first-century culture often relegated women to a secondary status. Such examples exist in the Old Testament as well (Miriam in Ex 15:21; Hannah in 1 Sam 2:1-10; Deborah in Judge 5). One of the beauties of Luke's gospel about infancy of Jesus is that different sorts of people all experience joy at the arrival of Jesus. This reveals Jesus' universal appeal. Praise for God's Word to Mary (1:46-49)

Despite her humble position, she will be honored by all generations. Here is the reason for both her honor and her praise--God the Almighty has done great things on her behalf. Generations will see her as an example of a simple human touched by divine power and presence. But it is God who is unique, as her declaration of his holiness makes clear. He is the one "set apart" who is worthy of praise. For her, his name is wonderful because his character is true. Praise for God's Acts to All (1:50-53)
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
alextayo:

I hope I will be the one to cure you of your terminal disease called ignorance and sheer denial of the role of Mary in your life.

Read Luke 1: 46 - 55 and ponder on the commentary below. If after all these, you are not cured, then you need a trip to the world beyond for total cure.

Mary is exemplary of the humble, faithful disciple. That a woman provides such an example is significant, since first-century culture often relegated women to a secondary status. Such examples exist in the Old Testament as well (Miriam in Ex 15:21; Hannah in 1 Sam 2:1-10; Deborah in Judge 5). One of the beauties of Luke's gospel about infancy of Jesus is that different sorts of people all experience joy at the arrival of Jesus. This reveals Jesus' universal appeal. Praise for God's Word to Mary (1:46-49)

Despite her humble position, she will be honored by all generations. Here is the reason for both her honor and her praise--God the Almighty has done great things on her behalf. Generations will see her as an example of a simple human touched by divine power and presence. But it is God who is unique, as her declaration of his holiness makes clear. He is the one "set apart" who is worthy of praise. For her, his name is wonderful because his character is true. Praise for God's Acts to All (1:50-53)

Well sorry if ur "antidote" made up for pure lies and fantasy doesn't cure my supposed ignorance! Seems u lost ur glasses on d question! Perhaps u shld answer the question. Again stop with these shameful exergesis of the Bible, why dnt u tell us about Deborah?.....and why Jesus never mentioned anythin abt honouring Mary at all either in d Gospel or through out the New Testament? Again why dnt u honour David as u honour Mary? Cos Jesus said in His own words that "I am the root and OFFSPRING of David"...I wonder why Jesus said dis! And in the OT, God says of David, that He will make Him the Highest of the Kings of the earth!!! Why dnt u honour David?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by alextayo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
dejilg:

Well sorry if ur "antidote" made up for pure lies and fantasy doesn't cure my supposed ignorance! Seems u lost ur glasses on d question! Perhaps u shld answer the question. Again stop with these shameful exergesis of the Bible, why dnt u tell us about Deborah?.....and why Jesus never mentioned anythin abt honouring Mary at all either in d Gospel or through out the New Testament? Again why dnt u honour David as u honour Mary? Cos Jesus said in His own words that "I am the root and OFFSPRING of David"...I wonder why Jesus said dis! And in the OT, God says of David, that He will make Him the Highest of the Kings of the earth!!! Why dnt u honour David?

All you have been doing is just blatant denial of facts. So you even denied the Gospel all because you have serious hatred issues with the Catholic church. It is ridiculous that you could call a portion of the bible lies and fantasy (Luke 1: 46-55) and that shows how desperate you are to show your hatred towards the church. Even Prophet Isaiah in the coming of the Immanuel (Isaiah 7:13-14) prophesied: …Then he said, "Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well? "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

Do you think Isaiah was referring to Deborah or probably the wife of your village Head. This is the only antidote I have for you.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free........otherwise your case will be like that of a little child who is restless all his life just because he wants to put all the waters of the ocean into a hole he dug on the beach.....
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 5:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
[quote
author=alextayo]

All you have been doing is just blatant denial of facts. So you even
denied the Gospel all because you have serious hatred issues with the
Catholic church. It is ridiculous that you could call a portion of the
bible lies and fantasy (Luke 1: 46-55) and that shows how desperate you
are to show your hatred towards the church. Even Prophet Isaiah in the
coming of the Immanuel (Isaiah 7:13-14) prophesied: …Then he said,
"Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try
the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well?
"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will
be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

Do you think Isaiah was referring to Deborah or probably the wife of
your village Head. This is the only antidote I have for you.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you
free........otherwise your case will be like that of a little child who
is restless all his life just because he wants to put all the waters of
the ocean into a hole he dug on the beach.....[/quote] my dear dont answer him again,i wonder which prosperity church he attends
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2013
alextayo:

All you have been doing is just blatant denial of facts. So you even denied the Gospel all because you have serious hatred issues with the Catholic church. It is ridiculous that you could call a portion of the bible lies and fantasy (Luke 1: 46-55) and that shows how desperate you are to show your hatred towards the church. Even Prophet Isaiah in the coming of the Immanuel (Isaiah 7:13-14) prophesied: …Then he said, "Listen now, O house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of my God as well? "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.

Do you think Isaiah was referring to Deborah or probably the wife of your village Head. This is the only antidote I have for you.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free........otherwise your case will be like that of a little child who is restless all his life just because he wants to put all the waters of the ocean into a hole he dug on the beach.....

See desperation! Now quote to us all dose verse u been throwing out and show us Mary in it and how d verses say we shld "honour" her! Show it to us! Seems u can't read, u talked about women been ridiculed or such in d OT...u mentioned some examples and den u try to make Mary an exception, but I mentioned Deborah and den u start frettin! U have no cure but talk rubbish just to defend ur man made doctrines that only lead to hell! The devil has cunningly deceived u through catholicism...show us where it is commanded to honour Mary na!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
alextayo:

See desperation! Now quote to us all dose verse u been throwing out and show us Mary in it and how d verses say we shld "honour" her! Show it to us! Seems u can't read, u talked about women been ridiculed or such in d OT...u mentioned some examples and den u try to make Mary an exception, but I mentioned Deborah and den u start frettin! U have no cure but talk rubbish just to defend ur man made doctrines that only lead to hell! The devil has cunningly deceived u through catholicism...show us where it is commanded to honour Mary na!

U mentioned the coming of "Immanuel".....what did God talked abt the Virgin birth? "Its a sign"......God ddnt say anythin abt it but just a sign of prophecy! also I explained dat Mary isn't conceived immaculately, she had parent who are sinners just like she was. Mary is a product of sexual procreation, Jesus isn't. That's why Jesus' nature is quite different from Mary's. Mary's is sinful nature, Jesus is Pure n Divine. What lies do u catholics wanna come up with again?

Again u seem to have a partial blindness.....I asked u why u dnt honour David, since Jesus Himself considers David even much more important that Mary!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Annaka: my dear dont answer him again,i wonder which prosperity church he attends

Yeah yeah! He shldnt answer me becos I have been showing the devilish doctrines u have been defending since...here again u assumed that I go to a "prosperity" church, talk abt being desperate! Dear I attend none of the so called churches u have before ur eyes! And to break it to u, Catholic church is the worst, perhaps u can search online for d crimes of ur so called priest and holy fathers! Stupid church promoting pedophilia!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 11:00am On Dec 10, 2013
dejilg:

The Gospel is basically a biography of Jesus' earthly life so i don't undastnd y u expect Mary to be referenced more often than she was even though she is most likely the source of a lot of information found in it. To enlighten u, we hv prayers to all d Saints, including our own Blessed Tansi and statues of all of them too. Do u even know that mary said in d bible, ''ALL generation shall call me blessed''?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2013
dejilg:

U mentioned the coming of "Immanuel".....what did God talked abt the Virgin birth? "Its a sign"......God ddnt say anythin abt it but just a sign of prophecy! also I explained dat Mary isn't conceived immaculately, she had parent who are sinners just like she was. Mary is a product of sexual procreation, Jesus isn't. That's why Jesus' nature is quite different from Mary's. Mary's is sinful nature, Jesus is Pure n Divine. What lies do u catholics wanna come up with again?

Again u seem to have a partial blindness.....I asked u why u dnt honour David, since Jesus Himself considers David even much more important that Mary!
See who is looking for Bible proof writing contra-biblical fact. Where is it written tht Jesus considered David as greater than Mary?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
clefstone: The Gospel is basically a biography of Jesus' earthly life so i don't undastnd y u expect Mary to be referenced more often than she was even though she is most likely the source of a lot of information found in it. To enlighten u, we hv prayers to all d Saints, including our own Blessed Tansi and statues of all of them too. Do u even know that mary said in d bible, ''ALL generation shall call me blessed''?

So u do have prayer to all saints? Why dnt u type out the one for David? And if the Gospel are the biographies of Jesus Christ, y den r u using it to try prove ur Marian doctrine? And wen I asked y u dnt do d same for David, u simply ignore, even when this biographies makes David as much more important as compared to Mary

Yes I knw Mary said dat, and its in dese "biographies"... so what has dat got to do with the issue of catholics honouring/worshipping Mary? Have protestants been calling her "cursed"?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2013
clefstone: See who is looking for Bible proof writing contra-biblical fact. Where is it written tht Jesus considered David as greater than Mary?

I have not type "David is greater than Mary" nor anythin of such. Importance doesn't mean greatness...I only said u shld read the Bible and show me where Jesus said Mary is His mother, but instead Jesus refers to the fact that He is David's Son... Hence David is more important as to Jesus' Ministry and Mission compared to Mary....even after Jesus' resurrection and revelation in Glory, He still made no mention of Mary but David...so am not d one who is doin conta-biblical facts. Its u and I hope u wake up from ur slumber. So u can stop following d man made doctrine of catholicism which sees itself higher than the authority of the Bible
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
Catholics and lies!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by asam7(f): 2:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
He is not a serious man. Fake man of God
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by alextayo(m): 7:24am On Dec 11, 2013
dejilg: Catholics and lies!

It is very obvious that you are suffering from crude ignorance and gross unpopularity syndrome and you are just looking for cheap popularity by attacking the Catholic Faith...We Catholics have decided to ignore like a contingent being(if you understand what that means and i bet you wont ...unless you visit google).

If you truly need this popularity, why dont you pitch your tent on the 3rd mainland bridge and I bet you, you will become a celebrity overnight.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2013
dejilg:

I have not type "David is greater than Mary" nor anythin of such. Importance doesn't mean greatness...I only said u shld read the Bible and show me where Jesus said Mary is His mother, but instead Jesus refers to the fact that He is David's Son... Hence David is more important as to Jesus' Ministry and Mission compared to Mary....even after Jesus' resurrection and revelation in Glory, He still made no mention of Mary but David...so am not d one who is doin conta-biblical facts. Its u and I hope u wake up from ur slumber. So u can stop following d man made doctrine of catholicism which sees itself higher than the authority of the Bible
You keep twisting d Bible to foster ur anti-Catholic agenda. Where in d Bible did Jesus call himself son of David? Please read Matt 22:42-46 to correct your lies.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2013
dejilg:

So u do have prayer to all saints? Why dnt u type out the one for David? And if the Gospel are the biographies of Jesus Christ, y den r u using it to try prove ur Marian doctrine? And wen I asked y u dnt do d same for David, u simply ignore, even when this biographies makes David as much more important as compared to Mary

Yes I knw Mary said dat, and its in dese "biographies"... so what has dat got to do with the issue of catholics honouring/worshipping Mary? Have protestants been calling her "cursed"?
The geneology of Jesus according to the book of Matthew traces Christ's ancestry from Abraham to David and then to Joseph. Notice what is written after Joseph, ''and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. Jesus here is traced to David as a foster. The people of his time didnt know that Joseph was not his biological father, so they called him Son og David, fulfilling d prophesy, He shall be called Son of David. However, Mary contributed all the genetic material for Christ's human body, hence she becomes mother of Jesus and thus mother of God
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2013
dejilg:

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / 'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.