Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (55028 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
dejilg:

Dude am tired of curing ur Ignorance, only Jesus will help u. U misrepresent me all d time, I asked a simple question. "Show me where Jesus said Mary is His Mother"..........now u claim Jesus never said He is d son of David.....pls explain Rev 22:16 to us!

To show ur never ending ignorance and desperation u connected Jesus word of "woman" with God calling "the woman" of Genesis? Dude are u being serious about how ignorant u r?

Perhaps check my post again! Expound on the curse being laid on "the woman" first and later let's dive in to d prophecy! Mr. Wrong catholic picked...hahaahahahahahaha
He cursed 'The Woman' and and also promised to raise through her the offspring that will crush d head of d serpent. The emphasis here is 'the woman' the same woman of Revelation 12 who is crowned with 12 stars representing d 12 tribes of Isreal, the same woman is in labour(d curse, Rev 3:16) and about to give birth to a son who will rule wit an iron rod(the promise of d redemptor, Rev 3:15). Who else is this woman but Mary who Jesus mysteriously kept calling woman. Note at the end of Rev 12 how the rest of the offspring of the woman is said to be those that do d will of God. We the faithfuls r therefore children of d woman, we therefore rightly call the Madonna mother of the Church. Think think think b4 u talk
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
dejilg:

Is dat ur explanation to d quoted verse?
Well am being used to show u the Biblical truth
mr bible was Jesus a nairalander? since evry of ur tin must be in the bible
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
dejilg:

Dude am tired of curing ur Ignorance, only Jesus will help u. U misrepresent me all d time, I asked a simple question. "Show me where Jesus said Mary is His Mother"..........now u claim Jesus never said He is d son of David.....pls explain Rev 22:16 to us!

To show ur never ending ignorance and desperation u connected Jesus word of "woman" with God calling "the woman" of Genesis? Dude are u being serious about how ignorant u r?

Perhaps check my post again! Expound on the curse being laid on "the woman" first and later let's dive in to d prophecy! Mr. Wrong catholic picked...hahaahahahahahaha
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
dejilg:

Revelation 12(my comments in d brackets): 1. A great nd wondrous sign occured in heaven, a 'Woman' clothed with d sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head(a woman glorified even b4 she gave birth, d twelve stars representind d twelve tribes of Isreal). She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth(compare Gen 3:16). 3. Then anoda sign appeared in heaven, an enormous red dragon wit seven heads nd ten horns and seven crowns on his head(obviously satan).............4. She gave birth to a son, a male child, who will rule all the nations with an iron sceptre(compare Gen 3:15)............17. Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring..those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.(note who d rest of her offspring are. All the faithfuls are therefore the offspring of the woman). Without doubt this woman is MARY. No wonder Jesus always called her woman.
One tin i like about arguement is that even wen both parties disagree, d truth is always imprinted into d heart of d one whose opinion is false. I know u r learning d truth gradually. Don't be ashamed to go to d nearest Catholic church and ask to be accepted into communion with the faithfuls
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
clefstone: He cursed 'The Woman' and and also promised to raise through her the offspring that will crush d head of d serpent. The emphasis here is 'the woman' the same woman of Revelation 12 who is crowned with 12 stars representing d 12 tribes of Isreal, the same woman is in labour(d curse, Rev 3:16) and about to give birth to a son who will rule wit an iron rod(the promise of d redemptor, Rev 3:15). Who else is this woman but Mary who Jesus mysteriously kept calling woman. Note at the end of Rev 12 how the rest of the offspring of the woman is said to be those that do d will of God. We the faithfuls r therefore children of d woman, we therefore rightly call the Madonna mother of the Church. Think think think b4 u talk

Oh my God...how unscholarly and unhistorical can u be? So the woman of revelations 12 is now Mary again? Not Israel herself? Ok answer me this. Did Mary birthed d 12 tribes of Israel?

And how z dat in connection to the curse in Genesis 3 I said tell us wen d curse started to take effect! Stop dis eisegesis of the Bible.

Again Rev 12:17

17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

So she had other offsprings! Do u agree Mary had other offsprings
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Annaka: mr bible was Jesus a nairalander? since evry of ur tin must be in the bible

Miss catholic...Jesus being a nairalander or not; u shld ask Mary! If everythin must nt be in d Bible, den y else do we have to have a stopping point? Like ur traditions, why dnt we go beyond dat, perhaps also look into d quran, book of mormons, jehovah witnesses, hindu etc to get doctrines too?!

Like I said, ur church tradition negates a lot of Biblical truths! So we have rejected them!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by POPEII: 8:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
The Same bible that says oral traditions exist?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
dejilg:

Oh my God...how unscholarly and unhistorical can u be? So the woman of revelations 12 is now Mary again? Not Israel herself? Ok answer me this. Did Mary birthed d 12 tribes of Israel?

And how z dat in connection to the curse in Genesis 3 I said tell us wen d curse started to take effect! Stop dis eisegesis of the Bible.

Again Rev 12:17

17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

So she had other offsprings! Do u agree Mary had other offsprings
Your reading skill is faulty. From d scripture above, the other offspring of the woman r those who keep the commandment of God nd hold to d testimony of Jesus. Mary as the new Eve becomes the Mother of God's people. The passage doesnt imply that d offspring of the woman r her biologicaal children, hence d description of wht it means here by d other offspring of d woman. However, d son of the woman was born physically by d woman.
Also, the passage states tht the woman is crowned with twelve stars, how does that imply that Mary birthed d twelve tribes of israel? Crown here is used to symbolize glory, majesty over Israel.
Pls try to improve on ur reading skillz
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
clefstone: Your reading skill is faulty. From d scripture above, the other offspring of the woman r those who keep the commandment of God nd hold to d testimony of Jesus. Mary as the new Eve becomes the Mother of God's people. The passage doesnt imply that d offspring of the woman r her biologicaal children, hence d description of wht it means here by d other offspring of d woman. However, d son of the woman was born physically by d woman.
Also, the passage states tht the woman is crowned with twelve stars, how does that imply that Mary birthed d twelve tribes of israel? Crown here is used to symbolize glory, majesty over Israel.
Pls try to improve on ur reading skillz

Urs is the one dat z faulty! That verse separates the offspring from those who kept the Testimony of Jesus Christ... Moreover the Angel are portrayed as keeping the testimony of Jesus in revelations and d Dragon also fought dem, are they also the offspring of the woman.....dude improve on reading n findin what the Bible teaches not what u r being told to just nodd yes to!

The Woman in Revelations 12 is Israel...if u say no! Then explain the 12 stars! If u claim its d disciples, den are u sayin that Jesus' disciples were present before he was born! Give proof for ur eisegesis

Again like I said, its only wen u make the woman in d verse to be Mary, that the crown of 12 stars doesn't make sense! Ur explanation creates the fault, not mine! So solve it!

When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the
angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his
wife, but knew her not until she had given birth
to a son. And he called his name Jesus. Matthew
1:24-25 ESV
Any catholic here to tell us what dis verse is
saying?

Perhaps u missed my post that u shld explain dis to us! Tell us what Matthew was talkin about here
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
dejilg:

Urs is the one dat z faulty! That verse separates the offspring from those who kept the Testimony of Jesus Christ... Moreover the Angel are portrayed as keeping the testimony of Jesus in revelations and d Dragon also fought dem, are they also the offspring of the woman.....dude improve on reading n findin what the Bible teaches not what u r being told to just nodd yes to!

The Woman in Revelations 12 is Israel...if u say no! Then explain the 12 stars! If u claim its d disciples, den are u sayin that Jesus' disciples were present before he was born! Give proof for ur eisegesis

Again like I said, its only wen u make the woman in d verse to be Mary, that the crown of 12 stars doesn't make sense! Ur explanation creates the fault, not mine! So solve it!

When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the
angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his
wife, but knew her not until she had given birth
to a son. And he called his name Jesus. Matthew
1:24-25 ESV
Any catholic here to tell us what dis verse is
saying?

Perhaps u missed my post that u shld explain dis to us! Tell us what Matthew was talkin about here
You just pick one of the anti-catholic verses you were taught nd think u hv made an unanswerable observation. Unfortunately, like i wrote b4, u picked d wrong Catholic. Heretics hv raised these points in d past and hv been shamed by d answers of saints.
Now to ur question, in many examples from scriptures, d words before nd until do not signify wht happened afterwards; for that point is left indefinite, but only what was done before or not done. Thus, wen it is said, sit down at my right hand until i make thine enemies my footstool, by no means signifies that after d subjection of his enemies, d son of God is no longer to sit at d right hand of his father. In common conversation, when we say that a man died before he reached his 3oth year, we do not mean that he afterward attained it.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
clefstone: You just pick one of the anti-catholic verses you were taught nd think u hv made an unanswerable observation. Unfortunately, like i wrote b4, u picked d wrong Catholic. Heretics hv raised these points in d past and hv been shamed by d answers of saints.
Now to ur question, in many examples from scriptures, d words before nd until do not signify wht happened afterwards; for that point is left indefinite, but only what was done before or not done. Thus, wen it is said, sit down at my right hand until i make thine enemies my footstool, by no means signifies that after d subjection of his enemies, d son of God is no longer to sit at d right hand of his father. In common conversation, when we say that a man died before he reached his 3oth year, we do not mean that he afterward attained it.

Oh come on! U can do better dan dis! I haven't been taught to be anti catholic, I read the Bible and came across verses that expose ur lies! And if ur so called "saints" hv refuted dis "anti catholic" verse, why dnt u share it wit us Instead of just brushing it aside

Oh my God, dude just came with a lame excuse! Firstly u said and I quote

"sit down at my right hand until i make thine enemies my footstool, by no means signifies that after d subjection of his enemies, d son of God is no longer to sit at d right hand of his father."

Wow! How much more eisegesis can u do?
Well it doesn't mean the Son would no longer sit on His Father's right hand, but it means He can now rule supreme over His enemies, but He should wait for a moment till His enemies are subdued. moreover this is in the future not d past! it has no connection to what we discussin Bro...u hv to do better dan dis

Again u typed and I quote

"In common conversation, when we say that a man died before he reached his 3oth year, we do not mean that he afterward attained it."

I wonder what dis example has to do with d verse? Well it showed us what happened to d man! And again u seem to show u lack understanding of the English language! Again dis is in the past (notice the tense is in the past)....showed what happened!

Now let me quote the verse again!
Matthew 1:24-25

24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

The verse is reporting what happened in the past! Joseph ddnt have intercouse with Mary, until she had birthed our Lord Jesus Christ! Perhaps u want examples of the meaning of the word "knew" in the use of context here! Example is

Genesis 4:1-2

1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord."2 And again, she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a worker of the ground.

It says Adam knew his wife and dis resulted in a child --- meaning intercourse
And again she bore Abel... --- intercourse

Genesis 4:25

25 And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, "God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him."

And again had another son by intercourse! --- "knew his wife"

Wonderful isn't it? They all reported the past, just as Matthew did, but the Psalm u quoted is talking about the future!!! and doesn't even parallel the verse we are discussing!

U can do better dan ur "saints" u relying on! Read ur Bible
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 9:15am On Dec 16, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

Oh come on! U can do better dan dis! I haven't been taught to be anti
catholic, I read the Bible and came across verses that expose ur lies!
And if ur so called "saints" hv refuted dis "anti catholic" verse, why
dnt u share it wit us Instead of just brushing it aside

"sit down at my right hand until i make thine enemies my footstool, by
no means signifies that after d subjection of his enemies, d son of God
is no longer to sit at d right hand of his father."

Well it doesn't mean the Son would no longer sit on His Father's right
hand, but it means He can now rule supreme over His enemies, but He
should wait for a moment till His enemies are subdued. moreover this is
in the future not d past! it has no connection to what we discussin
Bro...u hv to do better dan dis

"In common conversation, when we say that a man died before he reached
his 3oth year, we do not mean that he afterward attained it."

I wonder what dis example has to do with d verse? Well it showed us what
happened to d man! And again u seem to show u lack understanding of the
English language! Again dis is in the past (notice the tense is in the
past)....showed what happened!

24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord
commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had
given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

The verse is reporting what happened in the past! Joseph ddnt have
intercouse with Mary, until she had birthed our Lord Jesus Christ!
Perhaps u want examples of the meaning of the word "knew" in the use of
context here! Example is

1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain,
saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord."2 And
again, she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and
Cain a worker of the ground.

It says Adam knew his wife and dis resulted in a child --- meaning
intercourse

25 And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his
name Seth, for she said, "God has appointed for me another offspring
instead of Abel, for Cain killed him."

Wonderful isn't it? They all reported the past, just as Matthew did, but
the Psalm u quoted is talking about the future!!! and doesn't even
parallel the verse we are discussing!

U can do better dan ur "saints" u relying on! Read ur Bible[/quote] guy na catholic kil any of ur family member or dem collect ur church members because u neva remove d log 4rm una church eyes finish o
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Annaka: guy na catholic kil any of ur family member or dem collect ur church members because u neva remove d log 4rm una church eyes finish o

Ehm ehm! Am beginning to see that u r caught up in this fantasy of urs! Which "log"? Why dnt u point dem out

Well am nt against catholic killing or not, but since u admit u r killers! Well history nodds a "yes" too
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by POPEII: 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
dejilg:

Ehm ehm! Am beginning to see that u r caught up in this fantasy of urs! Which "log"? Why dnt u point dem out

Well am nt against catholic killing or not, but since u admit u r killers! Well history nodds a "yes" too
You are being used by Satan
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II:
You are being used by Satan

Hey there! I have heard dat before, seen it before...even the Jews levelled dis kind of arguement against Christ!
So stop repeating a worn off phrase
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by drnoel: 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ken_Jak: Though the catholics are not worshipping God, they're worshipping Mary... It's not for him or anyone to judge except God cos God says in the bible, Judge not for you not to be judged.
He's wrong with his preaching.
speak 4 ur self
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Sunglow: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
fragil gal: Church can't take u to heaven not even u pastor okotie,stop criticizing and pray hard u make heaven too!
You don't pray hard to make heaven, cos praying hard won't open the gates of heaven for you.EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Sunglow: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
clans:
I'm going to answer you on the communion part only. in my parish before the reception of the holy communion an announcement is made " the sacrament of the holy Eucharist is made for Catholics who are in the state of grace, visitors and non communicants should sit down and pray with us" in my catechism I was taught that he that eated and drinketh unworthy eatth and drinketh judgment to him self. so its just a check to prevent this. and I don't receive the communion when I go to other churches, I don't even go to other churches
My dear I was brought up in a Catholic home,but when I came of age I decided to know the truth aboutGOD,HIS KINGDOM, AND CHRIST.I then discovered the truth,the teachings of the Catholic are twisted and you will be blinded by it.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ebukaOtika(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2013
Sunglow: You don't pray hard to make heaven, cos praying hard won't open the gates of heaven for you.EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGAIN HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD

So what of those that Molest and rape There Members in the Name of "Born Again " nko ? ? ?,,.,,,,.,,.,.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ebukaOtika(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Sunglow: My dear I was brought up in a Catholic home,but when I came of age I decided to know the truth aboutGOD,HIS KINGDOM, AND CHRIST.I then discovered the truth,the teachings of the Catholic are twisted and you will be blinded by it.

Owk you Knew The "TRUTH" AND LEFT ,,.,,,, what of those that Convert into That same catholic Church ,,.,,,, DO YOU MEAN THEY are BLIND ? one mans food is another mans POISON ,,.,,,,if you are not comfortable with the Catholic Worship ,,.,,,,.. Take your leave and let Others Who are willing to Join the catholic Church come and Join and be Baptized in the Name Of The FATHER ., SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT,,.,,,,. AMEN...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by POPEII: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
dejilg:

Hey there! I have heard dat before, seen it before...even the Jews levelled dis kind of arguement against Christ!
So stop repeating a worn off phrase
will pray the rosary for your lost soul
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2013
dejilg:

Oh come on! U can do better dan dis! I haven't been taught to be anti catholic, I read the Bible and came across verses that expose ur lies! And if ur so called "saints" hv refuted dis "anti catholic" verse, why dnt u share it wit us Instead of just brushing it aside

"sit down at my right hand until i make thine enemies my footstool, by no means signifies that after d subjection of his enemies, d son of God is no longer to sit at d right hand of his father."

Well it doesn't mean the Son would no longer sit on His Father's right hand, but it means He can now rule supreme over His enemies, but He should wait for a moment till His enemies are subdued. moreover this is in the future not d past! it has no connection to what we discussin Bro...u hv to do better dan dis

"In common conversation, when we say that a man died before he reached his 3oth year, we do not mean that he afterward attained it."

I wonder what dis example has to do with d verse? Well it showed us what happened to d man! And again u seem to show u lack understanding of the English language! Again dis is in the past (notice the tense is in the past)....showed what happened!

24 When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, 25 but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

The verse is reporting what happened in the past! Joseph ddnt have intercouse with Mary, until she had birthed our Lord Jesus Christ! Perhaps u want examples of the meaning of the word "knew" in the use of context here! Example is

1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord."2 And again, she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a worker of the ground.

It says Adam knew his wife and dis resulted in a child --- meaning intercourse

25 And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, "God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him."

Wonderful isn't it? They all reported the past, just as Matthew did, but the Psalm u quoted is talking about the future!!! and doesn't even parallel the verse we are discussing!

U can do better dan ur "saints" u relying on! Read ur Bible
we gave u d xmas u celebrated today

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
clefstone: we gave u d xmas u celebrated today

Really Well wat if I told u I dnt celebrate xmas? How much more errors can u make? And again, what's xmas abt? If its d "birth of Jesus Christ", den I celebrate it everyday. Try claiming u were d one who brought Jesus from Heaven!
I shake my head for u
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 12:09am On Dec 27, 2013
While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed." But He said, "ON THE CONTRARY, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it." (Luke 11:27-28)

so Jesus wasn't stamping "blessed" on Mary according to dis verse?!
Catholics!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Dnaz(m): 7:27am On Dec 28, 2013
God forgive me but the truth must be told. Christianity is a confused religion
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 12:27am On Dec 29, 2013
Dnaz: God forgive me but the truth must be told. Christianity is a confused religion

We have heard dat before. We decided to check it out. Go advertise somewea else!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Swiftmode: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
FrancisTony: why are you honouring ur mum? She be God or Jesus. *sorry if u find it abusive*
I did not know Mary was your mother.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by missuniverse(f): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2014
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by nora544: 10:52am On Jul 15, 2014
Vin2014: When you make someone's image and pray to them instead of praying directly to God through his son Jesus Christ ,you are comitting idolatry.For scriptures clearly teach that the only intercessor between mankind and God is Jesus Christ/Messiah.When you are not confident to approach God it means sin is blocking you as Adam and Eve hid from God in the garden.If you really believe Lord Jesus Christ set you free from all sins by his death on the cross,shedding his sinless blood for the sins of all mankind,so that all who believe in him will be saved,then you can confidently approach the throne of God in the name of his son Jesus Christ.

This idolatrous practice of intercession/veneration of saints corrupted God's Church in 4th century AD during the rule of Constantine,when he made Christianity a royal religion.Many pagans of Roman empire converted to 'christianity' without any repentence only to obtain state benefits.Since these unrepented souls couldn't forgo of their old idolatry the just changed the names of old idols to christian names and continued to use them in prayer/worship which came to be known as "intercession/veneration of saints aka repackaged idolatry.Evidences for this idolatrous transmutation is evident in history and archeology.The Serapis-pagan God resemble Jesus,Venus resemble Mary and many others are there.

Those who objected to this idolatrous corruption were branded as heretics and massacred by Roman military of Catholicism.
Some of this true christians who were persecuted and killed by heretic idolatrous catholicism were.
1-Early Jewish Christians,Celtic church,Gothic arians,Donatists,Manichaens((1st-7th century AD)
2-Paulicians,Bogomils(6-12th century AD)
3-Waldensians,Cathars,Hussites,Strigolnikis,Anabaptists and finally Protestants(11th century AD till today).
Thus we can see true Christianity forms an uncorrupted continous chain from the day of Pentecost some 2000 years ago.This true Christianity aka God's Church is built on the rock foundation which is the revelation given to Apostle Peter by the most high God that Jesus is the son of God and is the Christ/Messiah and gates of hell (catholicism and other idolatrous false religions)hall not prevail over it.(Mathew16:16-18)Catholics claim this "rock foundation" is Apostle Peter himself and his mortal body is buried under Vatican.They claim the "authority of keys " given by Lord Jesus to apostle Peter is given only to Peter and those that come in his lineage-Papal lineage-which itself is broken lineage as evidenced by history and archeology.But they are unaware that this "authority of keys" is given to all believers/followers of Lord Jesus Christ in Mathew18:18.

Thus Scripture,History ,archeology and all other real evidence prove that catholicism is an idolatrous fake sect that claims to be christian but in reality leads people to eternal hell fire through their idolatrous practice of intercession/veneration of saints(Revelations21:.Scriptures. asks us to flee from idolatry-1Corinthians10:14 ,for it will lead to eternal hell fire-Revelations21:8.

Read the Bible(scriptures)
Visit yahwehword. or yah12..com

are you a pastor from one of this new churches in nigeria and you need some people who want to go to your block!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Weah96: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
manny4life:

What happens in the great beyond is not for us to discern

Dude, all Christians know what happens when people die. It says that right in the bible. Are you saying that you don't know what happens when we die? Heaven, the fire, the golden streets and what not? Don't you believe it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Why I Have A Fleet Of Private Jets, Bishop Oyedepo Reveals / Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Family In Milan (Vacation Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.