Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon (54417 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 11:57am On Dec 11, 2013
alextayo:

It is very obvious that you are suffering from crude ignorance and gross unpopularity syndrome and you are just looking for cheap popularity by attacking the Catholic Faith...We Catholics have decided to ignore like a contingent being(if you understand what that means and i bet you wont ...unless you visit google).

If you truly need this popularity, why dont you pitch your tent on the 3rd mainland bridge and I bet you, you will become a celebrity overnight.

Yh Yh tell us more abt ignoring all dat I hv typed on this thread...so far so good, none of u catholic liars hv been able to defend the man made Marian devotion

I dnt need popularity, perhaps ur church does, like it did before the reformation, by usurping absolute authority to overturn real Biblical doctrines for dea man made money thrivin doctrines!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
clefstone: You keep twisting d Bible to foster ur anti-Catholic agenda. Where in d Bible did Jesus call himself son of David? Please read Matt 22:42-46 to correct your lies.

Why dnt u tell us what's in Matt 22:42-46 and hw it supports ur case?
Now how does dis refute the fact that Jesus is David's Son? Jesus is asking them that if David calls Him Lord how then is He his Son? How is dis fact twisting?
You as a catholic believe Jesus is God (I do too)...how den did Jesus call the Father God?

Does dis sound familiar? Answer it and let's see who is twisting Biblical facts...are u dis so confused?

Well let's look at Jesus' statement in Revelations 22:16

16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the OFFSPRING of David, the bright morning star."

Now don't u hv dis in ur Bible? Or did I twist dis in mine?

Infact this statement answers the question of why David calls Jesus His Lord n Jesus cud stil say He is David's Son. Jesus is David's Son according to the flesh!

Why is dis hard for u? Are u no longer a Christian?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

Yh Yh tell us more abt ignoring all dat I hv typed on this thread...so
far so good, none of u catholic liars hv been able to defend the man
made Marian devotion

I dnt need popularity, perhaps ur church does, like it did before the
reformation, by usurping absolute authority to overturn real Biblical
doctrines for dea man made money thrivin doctrines![/quote] i pray u dont die of high bp becos of catholic church
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
Annaka: i pray u dont die of high bp becos of catholic church

Lolzzz do u care dat much Perhaps if u do, pray to Mary so she can make me not get high bp na
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 8:43am On Dec 12, 2013
dejilg:

Why dnt u tell us what's in Matt 22:42-46 and hw it supports ur case?
Now how does dis refute the fact that Jesus is David's Son? Jesus is asking them that if David calls Him Lord how then is He his Son? How is dis fact twisting?
You as a catholic believe Jesus is God (I do too)...how den did Jesus call the Father God?

Does dis sound familiar? Answer it and let's see who is twisting Biblical facts...are u dis so confused?

Well let's look at Jesus' statement in Revelations 22:16

16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the OFFSPRING of David, the bright morning star."

Now don't u hv dis in ur Bible? Or did I twist dis in mine?

Infact this statement answers the question of why David calls Jesus His Lord n Jesus cud stil say He is David's Son. Jesus is David's Son according to the flesh!

Why is dis hard for u? Are u no longer a Christian?
If then David calls him Lord, how can he be His son(Matt 22:44). Jesus rightly called the Father God because while on earth he lowered himself to take the form of man. Since men depended on God, Jesus had to do d same in his human nature. Hence a Apostle Paul wrote, ''though his nature was divine, he did not cling to his equality with God, a thing to be grasped. Thr is no corelationship between David/Christ nd Father/Christ relationships.
How is Jesus David's son according to d flesh?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2013
dejilg:

Yh Yh tell us more abt ignoring all dat I hv typed on this thread...so far so good, none of u catholic liars hv been able to defend the man made Marian devotion

I dnt need popularity, perhaps ur church does, like it did before the reformation, by usurping absolute authority to overturn real Biblical doctrines for dea man made money thrivin doctrines!
Usurping authority? Who established the Bible as an authority; d Church or d Bible itself. Where in d Bible is it written that a book of authority be compiled? Who compiled d Bible and gave it authority? Is it documented in the Bible that any idea outside it is false?
Now, the Bible is an authoritative document compiled by THE CHURCH through the gaurdiance of the Holy Spirit which is the divine councellor of d church. For the Church to compile such a document, it has to have authority itself. No wonder Jesus invoked authority on the Church, when He said to Peter, ''you r the rock and upon this rock i will build my Church.............whatever u bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever u loose on earth is loosed in heaven''. Such is the power/authority of the Church, d same authority wit wc she established d Bible as a spiritual document to guide the faithfuls. (to be contd......)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
clefstone: If then David calls him Lord, how can he be His son(Matt 22:44). Jesus rightly called the Father God because while on earth he lowered himself to take the form of man. Since men depended on God, Jesus had to do d same in his human nature. Hence a Apostle Paul wrote, ''though his nature was divine, he did not cling to his equality with God, a thing to be grasped. Thr is no corelationship between David/Christ nd Father/Christ relationships.

Now I know u r a catholic and not a Christian and u dnt know ur Bible, I quoted Rev 22:16 to u and yet u pretend not to see it...

Luke 18

37 They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." 38 And he cried out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" 39 And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" 40 And Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him. And when he came near, he asked him, 41 "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me recover my sight."

Here did Jesus questioned being called Son of David?? And what gave the man d impression that Jesus is David's Son?

Seems u only read dat part of the Bible ur priests wants u to read. Did u read d Geneology of Christ?

If so, why ask, how Jesus is David's Son according to the flesh? To answer ur question abt Jesus asking d Jews how come David called Him Lord. Read Rev 22:16....Jesus is d "root" i.e Creator/Sustainer of David and also has descended through David's lineage! How come u dnt know dis?

Are u being dishonest with Biblical truth? Or u r doin what ur priests asked u to?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
clefstone: If then David calls him Lord, how can he be His son(Matt 22:44). Jesus rightly called the Father God because while on earth he lowered himself to take the form of man. Since men depended on God, Jesus had to do d same in his human nature. Hence a Apostle Paul wrote, ''though his nature was divine, he did not cling to his equality with God, a thing to be grasped. Thr is no corelationship between David/Christ nd Father/Christ relationships.

Now I know u r a catholic and not a Christian and u dnt know ur Bible, I quoted Rev 22:16 to u and yet u pretend not to see it...

Luke 18

37 They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." 38 And he cried out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" 39 And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" 40 And Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him. And when he came near, he asked him, 41 "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me recover my sight."

Here did Jesus questioned being called Son of David?? And what gave the man d impression that Jesus is David's Son?

Seems u only read dat part of the Bible ur priests wants u to read. Did u read d Geneology of Christ?

If so, why ask, how Jesus is David's Son according to the flesh? To answer ur question abt Jesus asking d Jews how come David called Him Lord. Read Rev 22:16....Jesus is d "root" i.e Creator/Sustainer of David and also has descended through David's lineage! How come u dnt know dis?

Are u being dishonest with Biblical truth? Or u r doin what ur priests asked u to?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2013
clefstone: Usurping authority? Who established the Bible as an authority; d Church or d Bible itself. Where in d Bible is it written that a book of authority be compiled? Who compiled d Bible and gave it authority? Is it documented in the Bible that any idea outside it is false?
Now, the Bible is an authoritative document compiled by THE CHURCH through the gaurdiance of the Holy Spirit which is the divine councellor of d church. For the Church to compile such a document, it has to have authority itself. No wonder Jesus invoked authority on the Church, when He said to Peter, ''you r the rock and upon this rock i will build my Church.............whatever u bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever u loose on earth is loosed in heaven''. Such is the power/authority of the Church, d same authority wit wc she established d Bible as a spiritual document to guide the faithfuls. (to be contd......)

Thirdly, it cannot be proven that the Catholic Church is solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the
New Testament books. In fact, it can be shown that the New Testament books were gathered into one volume and
were in circulation long before the Catholic Church claims to have taken its action in 390 at the council of Hippo. In
the following we list some of the catalogues of the books of the Bible which are given by early Christian writers.
326. Athanasius, bishop at Alexandria, mentions all of the New Testament books.
315-386. Cyril, bishop at Jerusalem, gives a list of all New Testament books except Revelation.
270. Eusebius, bishop at Caesarea, called the Father of ecclesiastical history, gives an account of the
persecution of Emperor Diocletian whose edict required that all churches be destroyed and the Scriptures
burned. He lists all the books of the New Testament. He was commissioned by Constantine to have transcribed
fifty copies of the Bible for use of the churches of Constantinople.
185-254. Origen, born at Alexandria, names all the books of both the Old and New Testaments.
165-220. Clement, of Alexandria, names all the books of the New Testament except Philemon, James, 2 Peter
and 3 John. In addition we are told by Eusebius, who had the works of Clement, that he gave explanations and
quotations from all the canonical books.
160-240. Turtullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2
Peter, James and 2 John.
135-200. Irenaeus, quoted from all New Testament books except Philemon, Jude, James and 3 John.
100-147. Justin Martyr, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them and some of the
epistles of Paul and Revelation.
Besides the above, the early church fathers have handed down in their writings quotations from all the New
Testament books so much so that it is said that the entire New Testament can be reproduced from their
writings alone.
Thus, the New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a
matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read
among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from
Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27).
The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev.
20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).

Peter being the first pope is another catholic myth! Peter ddnt head d church in rome...big hoax! Stop spreading it. Show us proof not word of mouth!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
clefstone: Usurping authority? Who established the Bible as an authority; d Church or d Bible itself. Where in d Bible is it written that a book of authority be compiled? Who compiled d Bible and gave it authority? Is it documented in the Bible that any idea outside it is false?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by az77zy(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2013
what okotie said is true. The full story of catholic and the antichrist saga can be read @ the link http://toksmata.com/pendingprophecies.html
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2013
okotie is notin but a frustrusted politician,womaniser and attention seeker,he can neva bcome a president cos women wil suffer
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

Luke 18

37 They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." 38 And he cried out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" 39 And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" 40 And Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him. And when he came near, he asked him, 41 "What do you want me to do for you?" He said, "Lord, let me recover my sight."

You keep on running in circles. You claimed Mary is not Mother of God because Jesus did not call her mother. However, on multiple occassions d Bible author referred to her as his mother and the people of his time called Mary his mother just like the blind man called him the Son of David as u cited. Don't even try to use d passage he said ''my mother and my brothers are...........'' cos if u r smart enough u'l know why he said that given d context. Learn hw to undastnd d scripture in context instead of reading a line nd thinking its ur eureka moment.
Secondly, how can d geneology account of Matthew explain Jesus' relationship wit David in flesh when the said account traces down Jesus' lineage from Abraham through to Joseph. Or don't u know Jesus nd Joseph were not related in flesh?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

Luke 18

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
clefstone: You keep on running in circles. You claimed Mary is not Mother of God because Jesus did not call her mother. However, on multiple occassions d Bible author referred to her as his mother and the people of his time called Mary his mother just like the blind man called him the Son of David as u cited. Don't even try to use d passage he said ''my mother and my brothers are...........'' cos if u r smart enough u'l know why he said that given d context. Learn hw to undastnd d scripture in context instead of reading a line nd thinking its ur eureka moment.
Secondly, how can d geneology account of Matthew explain Jesus' relationship wit David in flesh when the said account traces down Jesus' lineage from Abraham through to Joseph. Or don't u know Jesus nd Joseph were not related in flesh?

I dnt know where u kept ur glasses! Now show me where I typed or insinuated "Mary is not the Mother of God, becos Jesus ddnt say Mary is His Mother...! Show me! Simple show us where Jesus said Mary is His mother, dats all I asked for. U catholics are such bad liars, u cudnt show what I asked from the Bible, now u turn to commit fallacy and throw out red herrings! I only pointed to the fact that Jesus ddnt consider His relationship with Mary as important as that of David...what cnt u get here? Since u catholics say its because Mary z Jesus' Mother, dats why u "honour" her, I hv challenged u to show us from the Bible if Jesus made any reference to her that portrays her being able to pray for u. Like I said, Jesus made mention of David as His ancestor according to the flesh, while he made no mention of Mary at all. Simple challenge, prove otherwise! Stop misrepresenting me!.....I dnt wanna call u a liar! But u fit well for one

Again u claim that "my mother and my brothers are"....u claim this "mother" in d verse of Matthew refers to Mary! Dude are u dis desperate?

Let me post the surrounding context, since u really like context but here u failed to keep ur advice!

Matthew 12:46-50

Jesus’ Mother and Brothers
46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his
mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to
speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

This verses shows Jesus saying that "My Mother is anyone that does the will of My Father" and He even points to His Disciples in this regard and not Mary!......why are u desperate? Now u hv just shot ur catholic stage of Mary having no other children, since this verse says Jesus' mother and brothers are outside, while His Disciples are with Him. Again who are dis brothers? Perhaps u will talk about brotherhood in jewish thinkin! Mind u, this ppl calling out to Jesus for His mother are jews too! So given ur "brotherhood in jewish thinkin" holds! How are the Gospel writers supposed to relate this story if it were to be His very own siblings? Tell us how they would hv reported it.

Wow my eyes caught ur foolishness! So if Jesus wasn't related to Joseph in the flesh, so He can't be related to David? Wait are u a Chrisitan? Ok, let's put dat aside? What abt Jesus' genealogy through Mary, found in Luke 3:23-38? Or is dat one too a failed attempt?! Infact u dnt even know the mystery of why Jesus considers His relationship to David more important than Mary's.....jewish people in Jesus' time understood dat the Messiah is to be from the line of David, even more so through his Son Nathan, from which Mary is descended, but Nathan had no child and Solomon had to marry his wife and raise children for Nathan! hence the tree up to David, on Joseph's side, Jesus can be rightfully crowned King because Joseph is a direct descendant of Solomon and David!.....dude how much of ur ignorance do I need to cure??!

Even on this issue of Jesus' virgin birth, just check the thread, I hv explained why it was necessary for Jesus to hv such birth, and why Mary immaculate conception is a hoax and has nothing to do with Jesus' Divinity and coming to earth!....wake up from ur slumber

I kindly advice u to stop misrepresenting the Bible based on a man made doctrine of catholicism!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by POPEII: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Wislet: So.... The Redemption plan of the Lord Jesus excluded Mary? You are all trying to say that the Lord Jesus came to die for everybody else on earth except her....cos she was without sin? Really??
Why didn't Jesus worship her then? Is there anywhere it's written He did? We'd love to know pls.
The fact that God favoured her to be the one to give birth to the Lord meant she was without sin? It meant she was soooo holy she was the only one qualified?

Is that what you think or are being taught?

She was sooo holy she was not part of the sin of Adam? She was not born of man but dropped 'hollily' from the skies?

Are YOU sure about that? Or you swallow teachings without seeking knowledge from God's word?

Not gonna argue the word with anybody...but, no one will use another person as an excuse that he was taught anything. The Bible is there for you to read for yourself, and the Holy Spirit is there to give you understanding.
THE SAME WORDS WE GAVE YOU ?
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II:

No, u ddnt give anyone anything!

The early church fathers predated catholicism, quoted extensively from the NT so much dat we can construct the NT with exception of 11 verses which bear no doctrinal issues!
So if these early church fathers, whom are even model for us and ur so called church quoted from these NT books, how come u r d one who gave us the words!!!

Perhpas u shld scroll up to see my earlier posts regarding d issue of canon of NT.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by POPEII: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

The early church fathers predated catholicism, quoted extensively from the NT so much dat we can construct the NT with exception of 11 verses which bear no doctrinal issues!
So if these early church fathers, whom are even model for us and ur so called church quoted from these NT books, how come u r d one who gave us the words!!!

Perhpas u shld scroll up to see my earlier posts regarding d issue of canon of NT.

Jesus was Catholic.
Besides before the great schism you all heretics were Catholics . So Catholic gave u everything even Christmas and Easter, stop being ungrateful and don't let your hate blinds u
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

I dnt know where u kept ur glasses! Now show me where I typed or insinuated "Mary is not the Mother of God, becos Jesus ddnt say Mary is His Mother...! Show me! Simple show us where Jesus said Mary is His mother, dats all I asked for. U catholics are such bad liars, u cudnt show what I asked from the Bible, now u turn to commit fallacy and throw out red herrings! I only pointed to the fact that Jesus ddnt consider His relationship with Mary as important as that of David...what cnt u get here? Since u catholics say its because Mary z Jesus' Mother, dats why u "honour" her, I hv challenged u to show us from the Bible if Jesus made any reference to her that portrays her being able to pray for u. Like I said, Jesus made mention of David as His ancestor according to the flesh, while he made no mention of Mary at all. Simple challenge, prove otherwise! Stop misrepresenting me!.....I dnt wanna call u a liar! But u fit well for one

Again u claim that "my mother and my brothers are"....u claim this "mother" in d verse of Matthew refers to Mary! Dude are u dis desperate?

Let me post the surrounding context, since u really like context but here u failed to keep ur advice!

speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

This verses shows Jesus saying that "My Mother is anyone that does the will of My Father" and He even points to His Disciples in this regard and not Mary!......why are u desperate? Now u hv just shot ur catholic stage of Mary having no other children, since this verse says Jesus' mother and brothers are outside, while His Disciples are with Him. Again who are dis brothers? Perhaps u will talk about brotherhood in jewish thinkin! Mind u, this ppl calling out to Jesus for His mother are jews too! So given ur "brotherhood in jewish thinkin" holds! How are the Gospel writers supposed to relate this story if it were to be His very own siblings? Tell us how they would hv reported it.

Wow my eyes caught ur foolishness! So if Jesus wasn't related to Joseph in the flesh, so He can't be related to David? Wait are u a Chrisitan? Ok, let's put dat aside? What abt Jesus' genealogy through Mary, found in Luke 3:23-38? Or is dat one too a failed attempt?! Infact u dnt even know the mystery of why Jesus considers His relationship to David more important than Mary's.....jewish people in Jesus' time understood dat the Messiah is to be from the line of David, even more so through his Son Nathan, from which Mary is descended, but Nathan had no child and Solomon had to marry his wife and raise children for Nathan! hence the tree up to David, on Joseph's side, Jesus can be rightfully crowned King because Joseph is a direct descendant of Solomon and David!.....dude how much of ur ignorance do I need to cure??!

Even on this issue of Jesus' virgin birth, just check the thread, I hv explained why it was necessary for Jesus to hv such birth, and why Mary immaculate conception is a hoax and has nothing to do with Jesus' Divinity and coming to earth!....wake up from ur slumber

I kindly advice u to stop misrepresenting the Bible based on a man made doctrine of catholicism!
you r tryin so hard but stil gettin it all wrong. First of all, i didnt write anytin to suggest tht Jesus said Mary is His mother in Matthew, well he didn't need to cos evrybody knew she was. 2ndly, wen Christ was about to die, he said to John, ''son behold your Mother'' and Mary went to live with John from tht moment. If Mary had other sons and daughters i doubt it if that wud hv bin possible. 3rdly, Luke 3 traces Christ's geneology through Joseph and not Mary and see wht it had to say, ''He was the son, SO IT WAS THOUGHT, OF Joseph, the son of Heli. 4thly, Jesus called Mary woman for a reason. Note, Jesus' life was a fulfilment of the old testament. Now, in Gen 3:15, it is written, ''I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offsprings and hers, He will crush your head and you will strike his heel''. Who is d woman you may ask? The quickest ansa tht will come to mind is Eve. But look again. Wen it mentioned the offsprings of the woman it was in singular form, 'HE' and not 'they'. Now who is the offspring of the woman, who is d HE? If the HE is Jesus, d woman becomes who? Then wen u read about Jesus callin his mother woman you should undastnd that He was fulfillin that prophecy. Match this with Revelation 12 and u will get greater insight.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II:
Well, the Church teaches that Mary was exempted from the stain of original sin because she had to concieve Jesus. With God all tins r possible.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

Ignorance in high places. What makes a Catholic? You love d early Church fathers nd agree wit their teachings yet u deny Marian theology. Unfortunately here are some facts to show the early father's recognised Mary as very special.
1. Your friend St. Irenaeus called Mary the new Eve. I agree she is but Is it in d bible that Mary is new eve?
2. St. Augustine wrote that Mary is a perpetual virgin citing Ezek 44:2, ''this gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall pass through it. because the Lord the God of Isreal hath entered in by it''. He concluded that mary was a virgin b4 Jesus birth, during his birth and forever after his birth.
3. St. justin Martyr also parallels the relationship between Mary and Eve.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by clefstone(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

Thirdly, it cannot be proven that the Catholic Church is solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the
New Testament books. In fact, it can be shown that the New Testament books were gathered into one volume and
were in circulation long before the Catholic Church claims to have taken its action in 390 at the council of Hippo. In
the following we list some of the catalogues of the books of the Bible which are given by early Christian writers.
326. Athanasius, bishop at Alexandria, mentions all of the New Testament books.
315-386. Cyril, bishop at Jerusalem, gives a list of all New Testament books except Revelation.
270. Eusebius, bishop at Caesarea, called the Father of ecclesiastical history, gives an account of the
persecution of Emperor Diocletian whose edict required that all churches be destroyed and the Scriptures
burned. He lists all the books of the New Testament. He was commissioned by Constantine to have transcribed
fifty copies of the Bible for use of the churches of Constantinople.
185-254. Origen, born at Alexandria, names all the books of both the Old and New Testaments.
165-220. Clement, of Alexandria, names all the books of the New Testament except Philemon, James, 2 Peter
and 3 John. In addition we are told by Eusebius, who had the works of Clement, that he gave explanations and
quotations from all the canonical books.
160-240. Turtullian, contemporary of Origen and Clement, mentions all the New Testament books except 2
Peter, James and 2 John.
135-200. Irenaeus, quoted from all New Testament books except Philemon, Jude, James and 3 John.
100-147. Justin Martyr, mentions the Gospels as being four in number and quotes from them and some of the
epistles of Paul and Revelation.
Besides the above, the early church fathers have handed down in their writings quotations from all the New
Testament books so much so that it is said that the entire New Testament can be reproduced from their
writings alone.
Thus, the New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a
matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read
among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from
Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27).
The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev.
20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).

Peter being the first pope is another catholic myth! Peter ddnt head d church in rome...big hoax! Stop spreading it. Show us proof not word of mouth!
with all due respect, you don't argue intelligently. You just copied and pasted wikipedia without reading through nd matching it wit d topic. When Paul wrote tht d Holy Scriptures were written for all as u rightly quoted, was he referring to d NT texts which were not even written then? My brother, that there are 27 books of the new testament, with 4 gospel accounts is a Church dogma. Yes, the ultimate decision was influenced by d writings of the early church fathers but even these writing had some discrepancies with each other. For example, if u go back to read wikipedia, u will discover that some did not believe Revelation to be scripture, some did not consider some pauline letters as written by St. Paul. But it was when the Church(notice i try to avoid using Catholic) made it a canon that those 27 books began to be seen universally as d books of the NT. I am only using this as an example to show the authority of the Church. And it is significant that it is not written anywhr in scripture that the Bible is an exclusive document of instruction. As 'Catholics' we believe in sacred tradition, scripture and divine revelation. We believe that everytin in d Bible is true but we also hv other sources of inspiration.
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II:

Jesus was Catholic.
Besides before the great schism you all heretics were Catholics . So Catholic gave u everything even Christmas and Easter, stop being ungrateful and don't let your hate blinds u

Wow! He said my hate could blind me...well pays off than my naiveness blinding me to the truth of the Bible and historical facts! Easter n Christmas aren't celebrated by me and my family as well as many Christians in the world, so how are we supposed to be grateful for dis ur pagan repackaged holidays!

Secondly Jesus wasn't catholic, why lying through ur teeth (so to speak; if speaking).....dude come up with a better lie! Before catholicism, wea dea no Christians or Churches Are u dumb or just naïve?

Call us heretics, u r right, since we do not follow ur man made doctrines, but follow the Bible only! Not some stupid church tradition!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by POPEII: 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
dejilg:

Wow! He said my hate could blind me...well pays off than my naiveness blinding me to the truth of the Bible and historical facts! Easter n Christmas aren't celebrated by me and my family as well as many Christians in the world, so how are we supposed to be grateful for dis ur pagan repackaged holidays!

Secondly Jesus wasn't catholic, why lying through ur teeth (so to speak; if speaking).....dude come up with a better lie! Before catholicism, wea dea no Christians or Churches Are u dumb or just naïve?

Call us heretics, u r right, since we do not follow ur man made doctrines, but follow the Bible only! Not some stupid church tradition!

Jesus------> God
Jesus to Peter--------> on this rock I will build my church

Peter----------> Catholic and first pope (this debunk your so called existence of churches before catholi church(which is the early church)

Therefore

Jesus--------> Catholic

What about being grateful for the bible? For the blood we shed to protect the Christendom against Moslems ? For the sign of the cross ?

Catholicism is the Alfa and omega , God's own church .
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ebukaOtika(m): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
fragil gal: Church can't take u to heaven not even u pastor okotie,stop criticizing and pray hard u make heaven too!

YOU ARE AMONG THE FIRST 5 WISEST PERSONS I HAVE MET HERE ON NL ,,.,,,,. May you Live Long to Teach Us Wisdom ,,.,,. Thanks
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

I dnt know where u kept ur glasses! Now show me where I typed or
insinuated "Mary is not the Mother of God, becos Jesus ddnt say Mary is
His Mother...! Show me! Simple show us where Jesus said Mary is His
mother, dats all I asked for. U catholics are such bad liars, u cudnt
show what I asked from the Bible, now u turn to commit fallacy and throw
out red herrings! I only pointed to the fact that Jesus ddnt consider
His relationship with Mary as important as that of David...what cnt u
get here? Since u catholics say its because Mary z Jesus' Mother, dats why u
"honour" her, I hv challenged u to show us from the Bible if Jesus made
any reference to her that portrays her being able to pray for u. Like I
said, Jesus made mention of David as His ancestor according to the
flesh, while he made no mention of Mary at all. Simple challenge, prove
otherwise! Stop misrepresenting me!.....I dnt wanna call u a liar! But u
fit well for one

Again u claim that "my mother and my brothers are"....u claim this
"mother" in d verse of Matthew refers to Mary! Dude are u dis desperate?

Let me post the surrounding context, since u really like context but
here u failed to keep ur advice!

speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are
standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”
48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49
Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers.
50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and
sister and mother.”

This verses shows Jesus saying that "My Mother is anyone that does the
will of My Father" and He even points to His Disciples in this regard
and not Mary!......why are u desperate? Now u hv just shot ur catholic
stage of Mary having no other children, since this verse says Jesus'
mother and brothers are outside, while His Disciples are with Him. Again
who are dis brothers? Perhaps u will talk about brotherhood in jewish
thinkin! Mind u, this ppl calling out to Jesus for His mother are jews
too! So given ur "brotherhood in jewish thinkin" holds! How are the
Gospel writers supposed to relate this story if it were to be His very
own siblings? Tell us how they would hv reported it.

Wow my eyes caught ur foolishness! So if Jesus wasn't related to Joseph
in the flesh, so He can't be related to David? Wait are u a Chrisitan?
Ok, let's put dat aside? What abt Jesus' genealogy through Mary, found
in Luke 3:23-38? Or is dat one too a failed attempt?! Infact u dnt even
know the mystery of why Jesus considers His relationship to David more
important than Mary's.....jewish people in Jesus' time understood dat
the Messiah is to be from the line of David, even more so through his
Son Nathan, from which Mary is descended, but Nathan had no child and
Solomon had to marry his wife and raise children for Nathan! hence the
tree up to David, on Joseph's side, Jesus can be rightfully crowned King
because Joseph is a direct descendant of Solomon and David!.....dude how
much of ur ignorance do I need to cure??!

Even on this issue of Jesus' virgin birth, just check the thread, I hv
explained why it was necessary for Jesus to hv such birth, and why Mary
immaculate conception is a hoax and has nothing to do with Jesus'
Divinity and coming to earth!....wake up from ur slumber

I kindly advice u to stop misrepresenting the Bible based on a man made
doctrine of catholicism![/quote] oo pls shut up,we r only answerable 2 God,its non of ur biznes if we r honourin mary or not
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ebukaOtika(m): 11:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
clans:
mister you just judged too. i rather u keep quiet than say things u aint sure off. biko!!! its called HONORING Mary not Worshipping

You dey mind am ? I no think say him sabi English Sef ,.,,, Maybe Him Think Say na The Same Thing Them Be ,,.,,,,.,,.,,,,.,,.,, I.T.K
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ebukaOtika(m): 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
clans: i just don't get the beef with people and Catholics. im a proud catholic and loving it, and i seriously take no offense to whatever pastor Chris says. instead i will take an offense when someone says we aint worshiping God, where did you get such an idea from. but as a peace loving Catholic i am, i would pray for your souls and ask the good God to grant you pardon and pray its not to late for you.. peace be with you... smiley

AND WITH YOUR SPIRIT o jare
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
clefstone: with all due respect, you don't argue intelligently. You just copied and pasted wikipedia without reading through nd matching it wit d topic. When Paul wrote tht d Holy Scriptures were written for all as u rightly quoted, was he referring to d NT texts which were not even written then? My brother, that there are 27 books of the new testament, with 4 gospel accounts is a Church dogma. Yes, the ultimate decision was influenced by d writings of the early church fathers but even these writing had some discrepancies with each other. For example, if u go back to read wikipedia, u will discover that some did not believe Revelation to be scripture, some did not consider some pauline letters as written by St. Paul. But it was when the Church(notice i try to avoid using Catholic) made it a canon that those 27 books began to be seen universally as d books of the NT. I am only using this as an example to show the authority of the Church. And it is significant that it is not written anywhr in scripture that the Bible is an exclusive document of instruction. As 'Catholics' we believe in sacred tradition, scripture and divine revelation. We believe that everytin in d Bible is true but we also hv other sources of inspiration.

Dude I never quoted wikipedia, u just scored a zero point! Dude are u so blind and naïve? Some ddnt consider Revelations to be scripture, doesn't mean u catholics gave it authority of scripture like u claim. The early church fathers quoted from it and hence sees it as scripture probably over time wen they reach a decision. Now u said wen paul said that the scriptures was written for all..., the NT wasn't in existence(any part of it)? Show us proof! Dude why reasoning like a fowl? Did the catholic church give us the OT? Isn't that purely Jewish scriptures of Judaism? What has dis gotta do with Catholics, if as u claim the NT wasn't written wen paul wrote? How does dis meant ur church gave us the scripture?
Wow actually u cud speak a lil bit of truth! The Church not catholic made it canon, infact u catholics ddnt make it canon quickly, u had to wait till d 4th council...so how come u can fight dat u gave us scripture (NT)?

Again we reject all ur man made "traditions and doctrines, and non Biblical revelations"....u can go ahead with them! But since its not in d Bible, I won't practice it. so I hope u acknowledge these facts as u hv stated that "its tradition" that makes our worlds separate. If any doctrine of urs is in Scriptures, we would accept, if not, we won't! Thank u.

And please argue intelligently!!!

The early church fathers did what they had to do, since its was necessary to authenticate books that were written in order to know its credibility. So the issue of Revelations is of such, examples like Hebrews, James etc too. Stop hastily catholicizin everythin!!!
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by Annaka(f): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote
author=dejilg]

Wow! He said my hate could blind me...well pays off than my naiveness
blinding me to the truth of the Bible and historical facts! Easter n
Christmas aren't celebrated by me and my family as well as many
Christians in the world, so how are we supposed to be grateful for dis
ur pagan repackaged holidays!

Secondly Jesus wasn't catholic, why lying through ur teeth (so to speak;
if speaking).....dude come up with a better lie! Before catholicism,
wea dea no Christians or Churches Are u dumb or just naïve?

Call us heretics, u r right, since we do not follow ur man made
doctrines, but follow the Bible only! Not some stupid church tradition!
[/quote] I AM PROUDLY CATHOLIC,wot of u which CORNER SIDE church do u attend?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by ebukaOtika(m): 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
chrissy3: so honouring mary means you have to go against God's command not to make image of anything in heaven,earth and beneath the sea,you must not bow? Now mary is now 'the way the truth and the life,no one comes to the father except through her? Funny I thought that was suppose to be jesus? Listen jesus christ had to be born as human so he must be born by a human and mary was picked for reasons know to God but the name mary can easily be Martha if someone else was picked .if I ask you catholics why mary was picked you can't say and your saying honouring mary.yes you would give her respect but she has no teaching of the bible and was a vessel for the birth of christ,she is just human nothing more.

So If that your so called babe Comes to your house to visit you ,,. And comes across your Mum And calls her " Hey Woman how far na " or if na you fellow guys come your house come jam your mama come tell am " Guy abeg tell That thing wey you call your mama make she go bring water for us " abeg Talk TRUE no LIE biko I Beg You,,.,,,,... you no go POUR THEM HOT ACID ? Not To Talk of the Mother Of My Saviour ? Mother Mary Mother of God I LOVE YOU PASS MY BIOLOGICAL MAMA ,,.,,,,.. The two of them even know that one ,.,,, i no dey hide am for them sef
Re: Pastor Okotie Replies Catholics Over His "Hell Fire"sermon by dejilg(m): 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
POPE II:

Jesus------> God
Jesus to Peter--------> on this rock I will build my church

Peter----------> Catholic and first pope (this debunk your so called existence of churches before catholi church(which is the early church)

Therefore

Jesus--------> Catholic

What about being grateful for the bible? For the blood we shed to protect the Christendom against Moslems ? For the sign of the cross ?

Catholicism is the Alfa and omega , God's own church .

Shameless catholics! Goin against the direct command of Jesus and u say I shld be grateful Come on! U shld be ashamed, do u know how many ppl hv been led astray by this ur church history?
I know u wud also want me to be grateful that ur church killed d Reformers for translating the latin vulgate into other languages! U hv a sick n twisted ideology there my friend!

While I agree that Jesus is God...
Now he claims to "debunk" me by claiming the hoax abt Peter being the first pope, I will ask u for proof that Peter is actually "catholic" or the "first pope" or even "pope" at all. We have letters n proofs for James the Brother of the Lord heading the Coptic Christians of Egypt...what proof of Peter do u mythical and hoax spreading catholics have and that Jesus is "catholic"....infact Jesus calls catholic church the "LovePeddler" which has left her husband (Jesus)...shame ur church has now followed the "queen of heaven" ---- the very pagan goddess that is now been paraded as Mary for u.

Now he talks abt the cross? Dude, u amaze me! So anytime I see a "+" sign, I shld be grateful to ur church? Dude get over urself! I dnt use cross, got nothing of it in my house...so why shld I be grateful? Only the name "Jesus" is enough for me...not cross or any catholic shit!

Dude wake up!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) / 'Magnificent' Ruins From Time Of Jesus Found In Earth's Holiest Site, Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.