Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. (138738 Views)

Things Every Young Person Should Know In This Day And Age / Please Advice! How To Guide A Child That Shows Early Sign Of Homosexuality. / How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
hmmmm......strange happenings!
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by vickkyruby(f): 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
Wonderful thread!

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by datibo: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
been following this thread from d first page n m also new on nairaland. lemme say my own story. I cud remember when I was very young, was in primary school. there was this nyt I was slpn in my sisters room. FRom the room I could see the passage. I didn't know wah woke me up that nyt. I raised up my heard and saw a dwarf walking tru d passage. I became scared and quickly laid my head on d bed. it just walked pass. The next day, I told everyone but nobody believed me. pls parents if your children tell you strange tyns pls bliv them cos they can see things as they r still with out sin. its sin that makes us not see things as we get older.

9 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
As a teenager,i followed my pa to the village. i remember being in my room, i woke up from sleep and had the urge to ease my self (urinate). There was no electric power supply, it was dark and cold.

I wore my slippers went out of the room inyo the chilly night to urinate in the middle of compound.
I stepped outside, my grandma local dog who was sleeping by the entrance, stood and followed behinde me.

The compound is very wide. Surrounded by many smaller buildings, seperated from the main building.
While i pee on the ground,grandma dog began to make that groaning sound,the way dogs do when they see an intruder appoaching.
What i didnt know was that there was actually something ither standing or approaching towards me where i stood. I looked in the distance all but darkness. But i felt my hairs stood up, and my head swelling biger than normal. I felt something approaching, walking.
The dog by my side ran ahead into the darkness, and started to bark at the direction i felt the force. Its hair also stood, and its ears pointed erect forward, by now it was barking rapidly.

Ok, this was the reality, in one of the building in the compound lived a woman about the age of 35, i think, who we all know her story as someone who as been single, she left the citu reside to the village, she died at that moment, this very night in her room and she, her spirit must have been standing by door of her room, or ruming around that area.
As the dog ran back in fear to my side, no one told me before my already weak kneel head quickly into my room as the dog follow but would stop look back bark, groan, and followed behinde me.

I wss shivering, i was cold, i was afraid. I felt a presence.

Few minutes later , like 10minutes later , while in my room, i heard a loud scream, a scream of deep sorrow, from the building, everyone got up my dad went to check, came back and anounce to us the death of the lady i decribed earlier, it was a younger sister that discovered she was dead in her room.

I knew right there and then, what i felt and what the dog must have seen that faithful night must have been the spirit of the dead sad young woman.

I told my people about it the next day.

7 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
Just want to use this medium to remember and write about a friend, i cant even remember his name.

I was in nursery 3, this my friend who was so quiet, gentle, but dress very shabily, torn uniform. I loved this my friend so much. I remember what prompted me to ask why he has no food to eat during break, as we shared my food together.
Without looking at me, he said, he dont like his home, that his mother is not living with his father and the woman he calls ''mummy'', maltreats him everyday.

While walking together side by side, he tells me, he ''will soon go'', that i ''will not see him again'', i asked his were, that is he going to another school?
But he didnt repliy.
He was crying.
Just then my father came to pick me up to go home.
I noticed i didnt see this my friend anymore.
Like a week or so later, my teacher and other teacher were talking about this my very good beloved friend.
He died.
As i write this ....tears....i dont knw why. Even when i knw its been years back. I which to see my friend, my best friend.
I still have his picture, when we all had a general class photo taken of us. I dont knw why i remember this now, just felt to share it.

10 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by nnamdiosu(m): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2015
ebuetor:
Just want to use this medium to remember and write about a friend, i cant even remember his name.

I was in nursery 3, this my friend who was so quiet, gentle, but dress very shabily, torn uniform. I loved this my friend so much. I remember what prompted me to ask why he has no food to eat during break, as we shared my food together.
Without looking at me, he said, he dont like his home, that his mother is not living with his father and the woman he calls ''mummy'', maltreats him everyday.

While walking together side by side, he tells me, he ''will soon go'', that i ''will not see him again'', i asked his were, that is he going to another school?
But he didnt repliy.
He was crying.
Just then my father came to pick me up to go home.
I noticed i didnt see this my friend anymore.
Like a week or so later, my teacher and other teacher were talking about this my very good beloved friend.
He died.
As i write this ....tears....i dont knw why. Even when i knw its been years back. I which to see my friend, my best friend.
I still have his picture, when we all had a general class photo taken of us. I dont knw why i remember this now, just felt to share it.

many little children actually do have personally revelations and visitations from Jesus or their guardian angels. I suspect this ur friend was one of them. Jesus had probably seen the way he was maltreated and come go visit him to comfort him. perhaps Jesus had then told him he would come to take him soon. that was why he knew.
I love asking little children their dreams.. many dream of going to heaven or weeing Jesus on a white horse carrying them around heaven. I asked my friends child what she dreams of and when she told me i was shocked. I was like jesus what about me na, is it only her, wen u will appear to me too? Lol. God bless the little children every where that are being maltreated and abused. amen

6 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by prissyluv(f): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
I love this thread dearly. Thanks to all that shared their experiences and those that gave advice and encouragement.

I ve a question which is,do satan manipulate ones dream?
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
Augustbreak:
Thanks but I'm so discouraged now.This is the second time we are being robbed though in different places.We pray daily on our family alter.Now I don't even know what to pray about..

Are you a sincere tither? From personal experience, people who faithfully pay their tithe do not get devoured. And even when the enemy tries, God has a way of restoring seven folds...
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
vindicated:
@Ebuetor, I understand very well what you are talking about...I speak to GOD as if He is sitting beside me as I kneel or prostrate down to pray or worship. My prayer styles are never the same. Some days am quiet and calm, some days am loud and forceful, some days, am in tears...all depending on what I am feeling and asking GOD.

Welfare prayers is different from thanksgiving prayers and devotional prayers.
I was in the prayer band and realized that we can repeat a prayer point in different way, all in a bid to tarry. Like the bible says, GOD knows our thoughts and motive behind every action and words spoken... And Angels also listen to our prayers ... Whenever I invite the Holy Spirit of GOD to take control and pray for me, HE goes straight to the point... Likewise when I invite my Personal Angel to pray with me, He also go straight to the point... I began to learn how to pray targeted and precise prayers while expressing myself and opening my heart completely to His presence, avoiding repetition of words often. Like father I want a book. Book I want. Book I ask. I ask for book. I wish for a book. I desire a book. ...hope you get my drift...rather I will say, father, please, I have an exam to write and I don't have the text book, please make a way for me to have the text book, so that I can read for my exams...I will mention the book and author, and thanking Him ahead for making it possible.

Some days, I just sit down on the floor and speak to GOD, as I will respectly speak to my earthly father when am troubled over an issue, and believe me when I say that, I get quicker result. Because, I am always overwhelmed with His presence, that I will be crying in my room.

Like I said earlier Ebuetor, everybody should work out his or her own personal relationship with GOD, thanks you Ebuetor cheesy

I wish i have a stronger prayer life. I really do not know how to pray, i try... but i don't know...

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by paranorman(m): 6:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
prissyluv:
I love this thread dearly. Thanks to all that shared their experiences and those that gave advice and encouragement.

I ve a question which is,do satan manipulate ones dream?
wel, from my understanding, there are 3 types of dreams: ones from God, from the devil and ones as a result of your imaginations.
I also want to know the answer to this question. One thing is sure, if you'v got a confusing dream, talk to God about it if you'r a faithful child or someone who's spirirually matured and knowledgeable about dreams. God never fails, He is so sure! So, did you have a confusing dream?

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by paranorman(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
veave:

I wish i have a stronger prayer life. I really do not know how to pray, i try... but i don't know...
start from somewhere. It wont happen like magic. It takes time and determination. Ask the HolyGhost to pray for you and direct you. One thing is to pray, another is to prevail in prayer. So prayer for lengthy periods is not utmost(though neccessary atimes), prevailin is all the matters. You wanna increase, act like you wanna and ask God for hep and direction. Every Christain has gotta grow!

4 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
paranorman:

start from somewhere. It wont happen like magic. It takes time and determination. Ask the HolyGhost to pray for you and direct you. One thing is to pray, another is to prevail in prayer. So prayer for lengthy periods is not utmost(though neccessary atimes), prevailin is all the matters. You wanna increase, act like you wanna and ask God for hep and direction. Every Christain has gotta grow!

Okay, will try... angry
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by nnamdiosu(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
veave:

I understand where you are. I was once there till God helped me and he is still helping me combat that area. can I suggest some tips for you?
first I suggest u are a Christian?
secondly you need to have a particular time set out to pray. it will help you seriously. maybe every 12 or 3 k clock? the one that you are sure no one will be there to disturb you. then start with worship. Dont ever start prayers without thanksgiving, worship and praise
then ask him for forgiveness of sins.
talk to God like he is your father and he is near you. as you pray talk to him like he is beside you (like sis vindicated said). also ensure that in between your prayers pick a verse from the bible and read it out to God. I like reading from psalms. the more you read psalms you will notice some psalms are for praises, some for warfare, some for thanksgiving, some to report enemies assigned against your life.
make sure you make it regularly at that particular time you have decided in your mind between you and God. I tell you the truth, before long you will see that you will be addicted to prayer. BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WOULD NOT BE INSTANTLY. PRAYER TAKES TIME. EVEN WHO GOD IS GUIDING IN THE PRINCIPLES IF PRAYER STILL FACE STRUGGLES.
I'm a loving testimony to these. pm if you have any questions. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL ENABLE YOU WITH THE GRACE TO PRAY IN JESUS NAME. GOD LOVES YOU. AND I DO TOO. 2nd chronicles 7 11-15, Ps 5

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
nnamdiosu:

I understand where you are. I was once there till God helped me and he is still helping me combat that area. can I suggest some tips for you?
first I suggest u are a Christian?
secondly you need to have a particular time set out to pray. it will help you seriously. maybe every 12 or 3 k clock? the one that you are sure no one will be there to disturb you. then start with worship. Dont ever start prayers without thanksgiving, worship and praise
then ask him for forgiveness of sins.
talk to God like he is your father and he is near you. as you pray talk to him like he is beside you (like sis vindicated said). also ensure that in between your prayers pick a verse from the bible and read it out to God. I like reading from psalms. the more you read psalms you will notice some psalms are for praises, some for warfare, some for thanksgiving, some to report enemies assigned against your life.
make sure you make it regularly at that particular time you have decided in your mind between you and God. I tell you the truth, before long you will see that you will be addicted to prayer. BUT PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WOULD NOT BE INSTANTLY. PRAYER TAKES TIME. EVEN WHO GOD IS GUIDING IN THE PRINCIPLES IF PRAYER STILL FACE STRUGGLES.
I'm a loving testimony to these. pm if you have any questions. I PRAY THAT GOD WILL ENABLE YOU WITH THE GRACE TO PRAY IN JESUS NAME. GOD LOVES YOU. AND I DO TOO. 2nd chronicles 7 11-15, Ps 5

Amen, thank you...

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by nnamdiosu(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2015
veave:

Amen, thank you...
you welcome dear. by Gods grace i always pray everyday by 12 midnight till 2 or quarter to three am. if u like ( and if its convent for you) I can always flash you like three consecutive times. iron sharpenth iron.
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
nnamdiosu:

you welcome dear. by Gods grace i always pray everyday by 12 midnight till 2 or quarter to three am. if u like ( and if its convent for you) I can always flash you like three consecutive times. iron sharpenth iron.

Really?
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by nnamdiosu(m): 2:06am On Jan 23, 2015
veave:

Really?
yes now. once I am about to pray I'll flash you so u too can start. if you are awake and are starting to pray you then cut the call. if u Dont cut it I'll assume that u are tired or have fallen asleep deeply. before one week it would have been normal for you to start praying without me flashing you. then....your spirit would have started becoming strong to force ur flesh to cooperate and pray by fire by force. reply my mail. then I'll give u some tips to aid you in praying. all things are possible to him that beliveth. even to revive your prayer altar by the holy ghost fire. with God all things are possible.

4 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 7:55am On Jan 23, 2015
nnamdiosu:

yes now. once I am about to pray I'll flash you so u too can start. if you are awake and are starting to pray you then cut the call. if u Dont cut it I'll assume that u are tired or have fallen asleep deeply. before one week it would have been normal for you to start praying without me flashing you. then....your spirit would have started becoming strong to force ur flesh to cooperate and pray by fire by force. reply my mail. then I'll give u some tips to aid you in praying. all things are possible to him that beliveth. even to revive your prayer altar by the holy ghost fire. with God all things are possible.

Okay... what name should i look out for? you username?
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by nnamdiosu(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2015
veave:

Okay... what name should i look out for? you username?
instead just send me an email on Nnamdiosu@gmail.com. I still Dont understand nl pm system.
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 9:05am On Jan 23, 2015
nnamdiosu:

instead just send me an email on Nnamdiosu@gmail.com. I still Dont understand nl pm system.

Okay.
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 10:06am On Jan 23, 2015
nnamdiosu:

Done that already... thanks
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by SporaD8: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
ebuetor:

when you pray, EXPRESS YOUR SELF, before God, in speech, in feeling, in heart. Dont hold back, flow , EXPRESS YOUR SELF. EXPRESS YOUR SELF!!
Note am buttressing this part....thanks vindicate
Wow! man you'd never realise how much this thread is helping people to realise themselves spiritually!
To me its more like a eye opener - like I had been sleeping all these while, only to be awaken by the deep-secret revelations contained in this thread - to realisation of lotta things that has happened and is still happening around me which I were never aware of! Indeed ignorance is a disease and not an excuse.
Keep the good work bro, May the good lord continue to be your strength.
I have a question though - do you have a plan to go into a full-time ministry?
Like someone said earlier, "With great talent lies great responsibility." Your type is what we need to cause a massive revival in this sinful generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by paranorman(m): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
I need to ask someone who's a prayer warrior/deliverance minister some questions.. Anyone here a Christain soldier?
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by prissyluv(f): 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
paranorman:

wel, from my understanding, there are 3 types of dreams: ones from God, from the devil and ones as a result of your imaginations.
I also want to know the answer to this question. One thing is sure, if you'v got a confusing dream, talk to God about it if you'r a faithful child or someone who's spirirually matured and knowledgeable about dreams. God never fails, He is so sure! So, did you have a confusing dream?

Thanks dear. U didnt add the malaria dream.lol. Yea,I had...
Pls others should throw more light to my question.
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by Joel3(m): 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
paranorman:
I need to ask someone who's a prayer warrior/deliverance minister some questions.. Anyone here a Christain soldier?
tell me maybe I can help
Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by vindicated: 4:03am On Jan 26, 2015
@Veave,
Remember, a thousand mile began with a step. Start small, with the Lord's prayer, then get a bible that is translated in simple English, especially the type that puts subheadings on each chapter. Then go the book of psalms. On each chapter, it will say of it is a prayer of Thanksgiving, or forgiveness, or sickness. Pick the chapter that is suitable for your need and read it as prayer. When you start this everyday, little by little, you will develop your own way of prayer. Simply be yourself. This is an example:

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by vindicated: 5:00am On Jan 26, 2015
Cont'd: veave, with time, you will begin to paraphrase the words to suit your situation by inserting your name instead, and your problem. For example. I want to praise God with Psalms 150, 149 and 148. I paraphrase the words to suit my own manner of speaking and skip some verses. Ask for the help of the Holy Spirit:
Praise: Psalms 148-150.
I PRAISE YOU LORD, IN YOUR TEMPLE.
I PRAISE YOUR STRENGTH IN HEAVEN!
I PRAISE YOU, FOR THE MIGHTY THINGS YOU HAVE DONE.
I PRAISE YOUR SUPREME GREATNESS.
I AM GLAD, BECAUSE YOU ARE MY CREATOR.
LET THE SUN, MOON, SHINNING STARS, AND WATERS ABOVE THE SKY PRAISE HIM.
LET ALL THE ANGELS AND HEAVENLY ARMIES PRAISE HIM.
LET THEM ALL PRAISE THE NAME OF OUR LORD, HIS NAME IS GREATER THAN ALL OTHERS.
HIS GLORY IS ABOVE EARTH AND HEAVEN.
I PRAISE THE LORD OF ISRAEL!

You can continue to praise HIM for every single thing HE has done for you. It could be for safe journey. I PRAISE YOU FOR GIVING ME SAFE JOURNEY TO Bleep AND BACK HOME.I PRAISE YOU FOR LETTING ME FIND FAVOR IN THE EYES OF MY EMPLOYER. Just like that Veave, gradually you will build your own way of expressing yourself to God.

1 Like

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by vindicated: 5:28am On Jan 26, 2015
Psalm 51 is prayer for forgiveness of sin:
Be merciful to me, O God, because of your constant love, because of your great mercy wipe away my sins. I recognize my faults and I am always aware of my sins, and against you only have I sinned.
Please, wash away all my evil and make me clean from my sin.Create in me a clean heart o Lord, and put a new and loyal spirit in me. Please give me the joy that comes from your salvation.
O God be kind to me and help me rebuild my life.You do not want animal sacrifices, neither are you pleased with burnt offerings. My sacrifice to you Lord, is my humble spirit, for you will not reject a humble and repentant heart my creator. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by vindicated: 5:49am On Jan 26, 2015
If I want to pray for help, I can combine psalms 140-143.
I call unto you Lord, help me.
Lord hear my prayer.
In your righteousness listen to my plea.
Receive my prayer as incense.
Lord, you are my protector, you are all I want in this life.
Protect me from the power of the wicked.
They are always plotting evil, always stirring up quarrels. Their tongues are deadly like snakes, their words are like cobra's poision.
Save me Lord! Don't let my enemies be victorious over me! Let red hot coals fall on them and thrown into a pit and never to get out.
I trust in you, don't let me die! Protect me from the traps they have set for me, like wood that is split and chopped into bits, so my enemies bones will be scattered at the edge of their grave!
Please, hear my prayer Lord!
Don't put me on trial, because no one is innocent in your sight.I bring all my complaints and troubles to you, because you are my father and protector, because of your love for me, destroy my enemies and oppressors, for I am your daughter and You are my God! Amen. ( I always call out the name of my enemies or people who trouble me)

1 Like

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 7:56am On Jan 26, 2015
vindicated:
@Veave,
Remember, a thousand mile began with a step. Start small, with the Lord's prayer, then get a bible that is translated in simple English, especially the type that puts subheadings on each chapter. Then go the book of psalms. On each chapter, it will say of it is a prayer of Thanksgiving, or forgiveness, or sickness. Pick the chapter that is suitable for your need and read it as prayer. When you start this everyday, little by little, you will develop your own way of prayer. Simply be yourself. This is an example:

Thank you very much. Through God's help using someone here i've been able to start praying.... and i'm happier... i'll add this too...
Really appreciate...

2 Likes

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by vindicated: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2015
veave:

Thank you very much. Through God's help using someone here i've been able to start praying.... and i'm happier... i'll add this too...
Really appreciate...

To God be the Glory, and am happy for you and thank God for using Nmadiosu to be your prayer mentor. God is your strength cheesy

1 Like

Re: Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. by veave(f): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2015
vindicated:

To God be the Glory, and am happy for you and thank God for using Nmadiosu to be your prayer mentor. God is your strength cheesy

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (34) (Reply)

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! / Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.