Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Islam And Terrorist - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Terrorist (5435 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Tipton Mosque Blast Was 'terrorist Attack', Say Police / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2008
how can islam tackle terror , contribution please
Re: Islam And Terrorist by olabowale(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2008
@Jayon:
Hopefully a better way, or at least the same way the Christian tackled their Terrorist Crusaders, Polgromists, etc in Europe, and other places. Inshallah, the muslims will not have to secularize their religion, going to the extreme of just keeping it by name, only, without the fundamental substance that it has kept it, right from the time of its completion on the noble Prophet, (AS).

We will not borrow from the Jews, also, since Islam has all the answers, we just have to go back to the moderation in religion and adequately appropriate resolute that are enjoined in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Read the Qur'an and study the sunnah. At least no one can jazz you for acquisition of knowledge. Only a fool will say that he never gets offended or angered when he is wronged. You know the doctrine of turning the other cheek does not work. It has never worked. No one single event in human history hassuccessfully demostrated it. Not Jesuswho was reported to have said it. Afterall, he did not allow Paul to continue to persecute him, when he had enough, he yelled from "Christian heaven," Saul, Saul why persecute me?

By the way the Christian heaven is where Jesus is now, right? When the Christians refer to their best destination after this worldly life, it is the Christian heaven. Then how can somebody in this heaven, be feeling any persecution from events on earth? If Jesus felt the persecution on himself there, is that truly a peaceful place, a good heaven? If Jesus believed that Saul was persecuting his rightly guided followers, he would just have said why persecute my follwoers, not why persecute me. Afterall, his followers and him were not the same body, etc.

I have to bring this up, because this is the way human mind works. I hope you and those who are going to contribute to this thread, will try to engage me on this.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by theopops: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2008
olabowale:

@Jayon:
Hopefully a better way, or at least the same way the Christian tackled their Terrorist Crusaders, Polgromists, etc in Europe, and other places. Inshallah, the muslims will not have to secularize their religion, going to the extreme of just keeping it by name, only, without the fundamental substance that it has kept it, right from the time of its completion on the noble Prophet, (AS).

We will not borrow from the Jews, also, since Islam has all the answers, we just have to go back to the moderation in religion and adequately appropriate resolute that are enjoined in the Qur'an and Sunnah. Read the Qur'an and study the sunnah. At least no one can jazz you for acquisition of knowledge. Only a fool will say that he never gets offended or angered when he is wronged. You know the doctrine of turning the other cheek does not work. It has never worked. No one single event in human history hassuccessfully demostrated it. Not Jesuswho was reported to have said it. Afterall, he did not allow Paul to continue to persecute him, when he had enough, he yelled from "Christian heaven," Saul, Saul why persecute me?

By the way the Christian heaven is where Jesus is now, right? When the Christians refer to their best destination after this worldly life, it is the Christian heaven. Then how can somebody in this heaven, be feeling any persecution from events on earth? If Jesus felt the persecution on himself there, is that truly a peaceful place, a good heaven? If Jesus believed that Saul was persecuting his rightly guided followers, he would just have said why persecute my follwoers, not why persecute me. Afterall, his followers and him were not the same body, etc.

I have to bring this up, because this is the way human mind works. I hope you and those who are going to contribute to this thread, will try to engage me on this.

After all these gibberish, how does that answer the question? So, you are supposed to strike back, once someone does you wrong? According to you, Islam does not mean peace, because if it did, you will recognize that when a wrong thing is done to you, killing the person is not the peaceful way to go. Thanks for confirming what we have always know. Islam doesn't mean peace.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by babs787(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
@theopops

After all these gibberish, how does that answer the question[b]? So, you are supposed to strike back, once someone does you wrong? According to you, Islam does not mean peace, because if it did, you will recognize that when a wrong thing is done to you, killing the person is not the peaceful way to go[/b]. Thanks for confirming what we have always know. Islam doesn't mean peace.

Insha Allah, I will reply you when I am free giving you answer from the Quran, Hadith and in the light of the bible.

Thanks
Re: Islam And Terrorist by olabowale(m): 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2008
@theopops:

After all these gibberish, how does that answer the question? So, you are supposed to strike back, once someone does you wrong? According to you, Islam does not mean peace, because if it did, you will recognize that when a wrong thing is done to you, killing the person is not the peaceful way to go. Thanks for confirming what we have always know. Islam doesn't mean peace.

How you came about this, above from my piece is very amazing. You should at least provide proofs. Okay a singular proof. You can not tell me that i insinuated from my writing that islam does not value peace, even though i dislike meekness. There are are many instances in the Qur'an where meekness is encouraged. For a example a society where they have practiced revenge for many generations without end, is even encouraged to forgive, without revenge and not taking a ransome as in the blood money. But to seek mercy and reward about the loss from Allah alone. Now top that.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2008
olabowale:

@Jayon:

What a most foolish response. He asked a simple question and all of a sudden jews, christians, crusade, progrom, heaven, Paul, Jesus e.t.c. are appeariing in your post? What has all that got to do with the basic question - Islam and terror?

I ask for the 1000th time - is it possible to discuss anything about islam without dragging christianity into it?
Re: Islam And Terrorist by reindeer: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2008
@olabowale
and you said i was wrong when i said islam has no identity without christianity,
look at the scenario

qtn: how can ISLAM tackle terrorism

your ans: should only do better that CHRISTIANTY,

which was obviously not mentioned by the question, you just had to come around to it, you only confirm it, you cant answer a single question on anything islam without mentioning those words, jesus,bible,jews,christians etc

as a test case can you pls answer the following question,

who was prophet mohammed ?(im supposed to put pbuh as a mark or respect here)
i bet your answer will start with THATS THE GUY AFTER JESUS CAME, isnt that so? grin
Re: Islam And Terrorist by littleb(m): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2008
@jayon,

I wish you are sincere with your question, probably you will get a better response. Check through my dictionany, if I am correct terror means violent or threat of violence carried out for political purpose. With this, it is very glaring everywhere both internationally and local. Fighting/tackling it is a sociental obligation and not only peculier to muslim or Islamic religion. As a muslim, Islam against terror in whatever form and not only nonislamic but also against humanity, whoever does it has commited a grievous sin against a divine law. Such a person, if caught should be dealt with according to the law.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by samba123(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2008
jayon:

Dealing with the problem in our society is not just Terrorism we have a lots of problems and we have been experiencing in our Life. These questions had been circulating all around.

Muslim label continue in every form of the media accompanied by gross misinformation about Islam, such misinformation and false propaganda often leads to discrimination and acts of violence against Muslims world.

*The only thing we can tackle is to give advice or dawaah in our own community that is the best ways.

*Advertising using the media and issuing pamphlets

*Educate those people who are misinform about Islam.

*Symposium in a public place

*Inviting groups or association in every sectors of society and establishing a common term and idea to focus and educate more people regarding Islamic belief and teaching of the Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet (saw).

These things can improve regarding those people who oppose and can educate/teach them that Muslims are tolerant religion in our society.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2008
@littleb, samba, babs and ola

May Almighty Allah continue to bless you all

@poster

Your question is on spot. This is because, if a society is good, it is because of the musllims, and if it is bad, it is the muslims.

Allah has perfected our religion for us, so , yes we have the tools to tackle every ill of society. What is described as

terror/terrorism today is constantly being linked to Isalm. The first step to understanding the answer is to disabuse your

mind that terror acts are Islamic. Muslims understand the rules of warfare. howver "terror" on the news today follow

neither Quranic injunctions nor reported practices of Prophet Mohammed (SAW).

By practising Islam the way the Prophet did, we solve the terror problem by more than 90%.

However, when the current "junta" continues to harass (intimidate, imprison, ridicule, oppress etc (you know the list)

muslims that have no connection to terror events), and discriminate against people simply because they are muslims,

where will you find the muslims to effect a change?

Take Britain as a case in study, as soon as they started to work with muslims, they have foiled more than one terror

attempts. Other wise societies are taking a cue from the Brits.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by olabowale(m): 12:02am On Jul 30, 2008
@Reindeer:

@olabowale
and you said i was wrong when i said islam has no identity without christianity,
look at the scenario

which was obviously not mentioned by the question, you just had to come around to it, you only confirm it, you can't answer a single question on anything islam without mentioning those words, jesus,bible,jews,christians etc

When are you a Jew? Aren't you a guy from Africa,probably west african and a good chance that you are a nigerian? Has Christianity faired well without aligning itself with the Jews? You even have their torah, which you call OT to make your book feel fuller, yet you have no regard for it. You are quick to disregard its injuctions for evenSaul/Paul's wierd statements.

as a test case can you please answer the following question,

i bet your answer will start with THATS THE GUY AFTER JESUS CAME, isnt that so?

If you had actually bet or wagered with me, with something substantial like all your earnings from now till you are about 80 years, or otherwise revert to islam, i would have answered your question by putting you in a poor house or you will be wearing a jalabiyya. You probably will look exotically handsome in it anyway.

My answer would have been the man who is answer from Allah of the prayer of prophet Ibrahim for his progeny. Read about the prayer of Ibrahim and the acceptance of that prayer and the answer from God. There is a place in Makka called maqam Ibrahim, thats where the prayer is made. How about that. You lost bigtime.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by JeSoul(f): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2008
reindeer:

@olabowale
look at the scenario

which was obviously not mentioned by the question, you just had to come around to it, you only confirm it, you can't answer a single question on anything islam without mentioning those words, jesus,bible,jews,christians etc

as a test case can you please answer the following question,

i bet your answer will start with THATS THE GUY AFTER JESUS CAME, isnt that so? grin
hehe grin cool
Alhaji you shot yourself in the foot, see as you just exposed urself. The fact is islam is lost without christianity, or better yet islam is just plain lost. cool
Re: Islam And Terrorist by reindeer: 12:38am On Jul 31, 2008
@olabowale
you are quite an interesting chap
wouldnt mind meeting you outta this allegation slinging forum.
you can mail me at rednosedeer@lycos.com

you never cease to make me smile and attimes laugh grin
Re: Islam And Terrorist by olabowale(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2008
@JeSoul:

hehe
Alhaji you shot yourself in the foot, see as you just exposed yourself. The fact is islam is lost without christianity, or better yet islam is just plain lost.

Is KFC lost without McDonald? When a question is asked by Jayon about terrorism in Islam, considering thathe is a Christian, I need to remind him that once and even now some people believe that Christianity has a whole lotta terrorists in it.

It is there prudent for me to bring out to the reminder of the days when the Christians used to terrorise the whole world, with the Bible and cross in one hand and guns and weap in the other.

The colonizers brought about their religion along with their intention of land and mineral resources grabbing mentality. Ask the Native Americans.

The have never forgotten. Since you like the Simpsons, yesterday they show how the whole Springfield township was moved, because of the atrocities of the pilgrims.

In Yorubaland there is an expression that goes something like this: What ever it is similar to is what you compare what you are describing. The pattern on the palm tree does not resemble the forehand of the Turtle.

I could have used the jewish terrorising people in the past and now the palestines as my response, but i want you christians to know that you have gone through the same experience as the muslims may be now going through.

Is that shooting myself in the foot? Maybe I should conveniently deny the fact that there are still people who continue to feel some form of atrocious behaviors from the christians; see the You tube video: Christian misionary atrocities. hehe.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by olabowale(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2008
@OmoAwo: May God Almighty reward you for your piece below. May God give justice to Reverend Pat Robertson. Dealing in Justice and Mercy in truth without a creation being able to complain is what Allah the Almighty is able to do.

Posted by: OmoAwo
Insert Quote
The topic of Violence in Islam is not new. The following write-up apparently by an non-Muslim on the topic probably answers it all.

In Defense of Pat Robertson
Pat Robertson and others are right about Islam being a violent religion. Look at the evidence for yourself.

Pat Robertson recently drew attacks from Muslim groups for calling Muhammad a "wild-eyed fanatic," among other things. Robertson, as usual, states the case in excessively inflammatory terms.

But it must be said that Robertson's basic critique of Islam as an inherently violent religion is accurate. This may not be politically correct to say, but one need only examine evidence.

Islam is not only violent in its current practice but at its core--which is to say in its sacred text, the Qur'an.
Remember that Muhammad was a military leader and as such involved personally in a great deal of brutality.

In the course of one battle, Muhammad's troops raid a village and kill everyone "until there was no survivor left." [Full citations provided below.] During another battle, Muhammad's troops killed many men but the "prophet" is disturbed that male infants weren't murdered too--and sends the troops back to finish the job.

The early Muslims are shown to be not only brutal but treacherous (a fact worth remembering as we consider peace treaties with Muslim nations).

In one battle, the Muhammadans promised peace to a tribe nearby. Then, when the other tribe members were lulled into complacency, Muhammad massacred "all the males." They kept the women as slaves.

The hatred for other faiths that we see in modern Islam has its roots in the Qur'an. The book tells how the Jews of the area had offered peace and Muhammad invited them to a ceremony to declare peace.

Instead, Muhammad massacred the 950 of them.

Muhammad even countenances brutality against his own people. When a group in the region reputedly insulted Allah by worshiping an idol, Muhammad led the slaughter of 3,000 people in a single day.

When some of his followers strayed by following non-Islamic sex practices, Allah literally directs Muhammad to slaughter another 24,000: "take all the heads of the people and hang them up before Allah against the sun."

Under the Sharia, the Islamic law, even the slightest infractions are punished with brutal violence. Some foods were not cooked according to Halal laws? Two men were immediately executed.

The notion that Allah is a forgiving God is comical. At one point, Muhammad had led his troops to victory and then had his troops mutilate the Instruments of the opponents.

He and his allies also set fire to a walled city and then waited for the victims to flee, at which point they were ambushed and slaughtered. Putting aside the historical accuracy of that account, is this really the "God of Peace" that Muslim leaders speak about?

The appalling treatment of women we see in Islamic countries today also has its roots in the Qur'an. When a mob of Muslims is attacking a man, he responds by offering his own daughter to be raped.

Allah teaches the Muslims that to in order repopulate a diminished tribe, they should go to a nearby field, wait for the women to come out, and then kidnap, rape and marry them.

This is all very consistent with the basic theology of Islam spelled out in chilling clarity by Muhammed himself: "I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Finally, if there's any doubt about the fanatical nature of the faith, it should be dispelled with this chilling passage: "Happy shall they be who take your little ones [babies] and dash them against the rock."

If you are skeptical, I urge you to read the passages and citations yourself. It's there in black and white.

Hmmm, I seem to have made a few errors with the attributions. The passages you've just read are not from the Qur'an; they're from the Bible.

Where I say Muhammad, I actually meant either Moses, Joshua, David, or another biblical figure. "I have not come to bring peace but a sword" was uttered by Jesus. When I say "Allah," I actually meant God of the Hebrew Bible. And when I refer to Muhammed's troops, I actually meant the Hebrews.

There are obviously many other examples of brutality in the Bible (the best summary I've seen is Gregg Easterbrook's "Beside Still Waters"wink.

Forgive my sloppiness, but it seemed useful to make a point, which is not that Christianity or Judaism are inherently violent but rather that the exercise of scanning ancient texts and pulling out passages depicting violence is of dubious value. Men and women of that earlier day were violent, and so was the God of their sacred book.

Citations:

For a particularly nice summary of the Bible's violent elements see Gregg Easterbrook's wonderful book, "Beside Still Waters."
Remember that Muhammad is a[b] military leader and as such is involved personally a great deal of brutality. In the course of one battle led by Muhammad, he raids a village and kills everyone "until their was not one survivor left." (This is actually from Numbers 21:35,[/b] the story of the taking of Bashan.)

After another battle, Muhammad's troops have slain many men but the "prophet" is disturbed that male infants weren't killed--so he sends the troops back to finish the job. (This actually occurs in Numbers 31:14-17, when Israel takes vengeance on the Mid'ianites.)

They are shown to be not only brutal but treacherous (history worth remembering as we consider peace treaties). In one battle, the Muhammadans promised peace to a tribe nearby and then, when they were lulled into complacency, massacred "all the males." They kept the women as slaves. (This is a story from Genesis 34:25, when Simeon and Levi take vengeance on Shechem, who had defiled their sister Dinah.)

The hatred for other faiths that we see in modern Islam has its roots in the Qur'an. At one point, the Jews of the area had offered peace and Muhammad invited them to a ceremony to declare peace. Instead, Muhammad massacred the 950 of them. (As Elijah does, in I Kings 18:40, to the followers of the false God Ba'al.)

But it goes beyond that; Muhammad even countenances brutality against his own. When one group in the region reputedly insulted Allah by worshiping an idol, Muhammad led the slaughter of 3,000 people in a single day. Another group of dissenters prompted a bloody massacre led by Muhammed that killed 14,700 people, according to the Qur'an. (When Korah leads a rebellion against Moses and Aaron, a plague sent by God kills 14,700, Numbers 16:49).

Later, when some of his followers strayed by following non-Islamic sex practices, Allah literally directs Muhammad to slaughter another 24,000: "take all the heads of the people and hang them up before Allah against the sun." (This slaughter occured in Numbers 25:9, when some Isarelites were found to have joined the Moabites in improper sex.)

Under the Sharia, the Islamic law, even the slightest infractions are punished with brutal violence. In one case, some foods were not cooked according to Halal laws, and the two men were immediately executed. (The Lord smites Nadab and Abi'hu, the sons of Aaron, in Leviticus 10:2, for offering an unholy sacrifice.)

The notion that Allah is a forgiving God is comical. At one point, some people had the temerity to question one of the dietary laws and Allah supposedly responded by sending poisonous snakes to kill people. At another point, Muhammed had led his troops to victory but then proceeded to murder and then mutilate the Instruments of the opponents. In one case, they set fire to a walled city and then wait of the fleeing victims and slaughter them as they try to escape. (As Joshua and the people of Israel do to the city of Ai in Joshua 8:22.)

The appalling[b] treatment of women in Islamic countries today has its roots in the Qur'an. In one case, a mob of Muslims is attacking a man and he responds by offering his own daughter to be raped. (As in Judges 19:24.[/b])

In some cases, it specifies that women who are raped should be executed. (One of these cases appear in[b] Deuteronomy 22:23-27.)[/b]

In another case, Allah literally instructs the Muslims that to repopulate a diminished tribe they should go to a nearby field, wait for the women to come out, kidnap, rape and marry them. (In Judges 21:20-24, Benjamite soldiers are told to repopulate their tribe by kidnapping the women of Shiloh.)

This is all very[b] consistent and the theology that undergirds this is spelled out in chilling clarity, directly from Muhammad himself: "I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." (This quote is actually attributed to Jesus in the New Testament, Matthew 10:34.)[/b]

Finally, if there's any doubt about the fanatical nature of the faith, it should be dispelled with this chilling passage: "Happy shall they be who take your little ones [babies] and dash them against the rock." (This quote is actually from the Psalms, 137:9, when the exiled Israelites dream of revenge against Babylon.)

Any question or at least comments?
Re: Islam And Terrorist by OmoAwo: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
And you too Olabowale. I spent over a day looking for the write-up from my archive. Mysteriously though, the topic where you copied the posting from has disappeared on Nairaland.com.

Salam alaikum w/w
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
@omoawo,

I looked for the topic too right after I posted a reply this am.

Tx for the post
Re: Islam And Terrorist by theopops: 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
This is still interesting. The only way to answer the question, is to look into the same book that you all say is corrupted. I mean, on one side, you use the same Bible to justify your beliefs. On the other hand, you say the same book is wrong and it is not authentic. Something is definitely wrong here.

Ok, lets just say you are right about everything you typed, i.e, Omoawo, can you please answer the question. How come in the present day, read me well, in 21st century, when there is a case of people blowing up a place, it is always, lets be generous here and say 75% related to Islam? Please, kindly answer this question, without going into the corrupted book aka Bible. Question is, what can be done to reduce the link between terrorism and Islam? Unless you are not being honest with yourself, you agree there is indeed a link between the two, in this present time. Again, emphasis is on 21st century. Not 2000 yrs ago, not 500 yrs ago, we talking 2008.

Thanks.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by olabowale(m): 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2008
@Ayinba1: I was surprised that they cancelled the thread after you posted. They seem to have itchy finger, forgeting that most of us are grown ups.

We can handle more situations than they give us credit for. I guess they cancelled it, because they did not read through Omoawo's piece. maybe they are concerned about the reaction of some cronic reactionary muslims.

These type of muslims give the nairaland musims a bad stigma.

But of course the worldwide number of such muslims and their mindset, though a small percentage of the muslims, they have set the trend whereby the enemies of Islam have been able to libel the Ummah with a title tha does not befit it.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2008
@thepops

The topic is Islam and terrorist. You have nothing to say to the above post? Are you going to deny that these verses came from the bible? If your answer is no, then you really have nothing to say.

Now, when you and your cronies start to say that Islam supports "terror",then this is proof that Christianity based on these verses supports terror,barbarism and violence. There are no limits to what "God" allows you to do.

While we don't argue that some of the "terror " acts today are committed by those who say they are muslims,we show you verses from the Quran that warn against what these people do. However because of your zeal to tarnish Islam, you refuse to see.

Okay now, tell us about the verses above,

I can just hear them say, "come on now,that's old testament" turn a page and God changes
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
ayinba1:

@thepops

The topic is Islam and terrorist. You have nothing to say to the above post?

It simply reiterates the absurdity of islam and its unhealthy obsession with the bible. You CLEARLY stated the topic, kindly show me what it has to do with biblical verses.

Theopops made a very valid point - on one hand olabowale is trying to dismiss the topic (posted by a muslim by the way) by using the time tested islamic excuse of "well see bible verses too" . . . the very same bible you once claimed the pen of the scribes had corrupted?

Can you truly have it both ways?
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2008
Bible strongly supports terror.That's all the post said. The original posted question has been answered.

So much for you getting banned from this forum.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 01, 2008
ayinba1:

Now, when you and your cronies start to say that Islam supports "terror",then this is proof that Christianity based on these verses supports terror,barbarism and violence. There are no limits to what "God" allows you to do.

The mere fact that a muslim made this thread already discredits your ready made "see bible too" excuse. Bringing "proof" from the bible does not absolve you of having to answer the REAL ISSUE - why is islam always associated with terrorism?

When christians debate the issue of "violent" scriptures in the bible, how many of them do you see scrambling to post the quran to run away from having to answer the question?

I will look forward to a day when muslims can have a honest introspection that will exclude the bible, christians, jews . . . sadly i dont see it every coming. It only strengthens the growing conviction that without christianity, islam has no identity.

ayinba1:

While we don't argue that some of the "terror " acts today are committed by those who say they are muslims,we show you verses from the Quran that warn against what these people do. However because of your zeal to tarnish Islam, you refuse to see.

True . . . but one thing OmoAwo clearly skipped when posting his litany of bible scripture are clear verses that say in no certain terms - love your enemies and do good to those who dispitefully use you. Did you also see it?

ayinba1:

Okay now, tell us about the verses above,

I can just hear them say, "come on now,that's old testament" turn a page and God changes

I can also hear and read you say "oh but come on now, the bible also has violent verses".
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
Islam refers to the bible so that you may understand.  Do not for one second think that Islam or the Quran needs the Bible to stand.

We refer to the bible so that you may understand.

Even on nairaland,check out posts that talk to muslims alone (with no contamination from nosy ones like David -  grin)

Then tell me if the bible was used.

My derbrother,open your heart. You know Islam is the truth.give your heart rest.

Peace shocked
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
ayinba1:

[b]Bible strongly supports terror.[/b]That's all the post said. The original posted question has been answered.

I know that is what omoAwo's post was saying but it still begs the question, is that the best answer a muslim can come up with?

Q: why is islam associated with terror?
muslim: well see bible too?

How does that answer the question posted by a muslim? The original question was not answered at all, the longest and only coherent post came from omoawo and its all full of "well see bible too" . . . absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Back to your baseless allegation - if indeed the bible STRONGLY supported terror, why are majority christian nations not supporters of terror?

ayinba1:

So much for you getting banned from this forum.

Is this seriously the best a muslim can do? What a shame.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
David Daviiiid,

Now open your eyes.When did Jayon become a muslim? I wasn't informed. but he/she is welcome anytime.

And
davidylan:

T
I can also hear and read you say "oh but come on now, the bible also has violent verses".

But I already said that  wink
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2008
David,

You seriously do not think my answer (see above)was incoherent.you may not like it though since I neither mentioned the bible nor the Xtians. Therefore I gave you nothing to bite into.

What exactly are you looking for? I mean there are 3-4 responses up there and none makes sense to you??
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2008
ayinba1:

Islam refers to the bible so that you may understand.  Do not for one second think that Islam or the Quran needs the Bible to stand.

1. Why does islam refer ONLY to the bible and no other book?
2. That we may understand what? Does that mean the quran isnt complete?
3. What bible does islam refer to? The one they claim is corrupt?

- if indeed the quran didnt need the bible to stand, why does it refer to it "that we may understand"?

ayinba1:

We refer to the bible so that you may understand.

Does the quran also refer to the buddhists manual that buddhists too may understand?

ayinba1:

Even on nairaland,check out posts that talk to muslims alone (with no contamination from nosy ones like David -  grin)

Then tell me if the bible was used.

Pls look and tell me how many of them barely manage to limp over 2 pages.

ayinba1:

My derbrother,open your heart. You know Islam is the truth.give your heart rest.

Peace shocked

Islam is the truth simply because you make the claim? You have to convince me first and you arent doing a good job at all if the best you can do is CONSTANTLY refer me to the bible!

The way to explain the quran is not to spend 90% of your time saying the bible is wrong.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2008
ayinba1:

David,

You seriously do not think my answer (see above)was incoherent.you may not like it though since I neither mentioned the bible nor the Xtians. Therefore I gave you nothing to bite into.

What exactly are you looking for? I mean there are 3-4 responses up there and none makes sense to you??

The first response was from olabowale and you can guess what was there - jews, christians, bible, Paul . . . what have those to do with the topic.

Babs787 claimed he was coming to give a response (of course we are still waiting) but ONLY promising to do so "IN THE LIGHT OF THE BIBLE". Now what has the bible to do with the topic?

Pls what other "responses" have i missed?
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2008
David,

you know Ramadan is coming up. This is a perfect opportunity and time for you to revertto Islam. Can youimagine how much rewards you will gain from Allah? You will be like a brand newbaby free of sins.

People may make it hard for you when you become a muslim but you have to keep your eyes on the goal--Aljannah.

And fastingis really easy onceyou start and fullof somany rewards.

Remember too that a person with "even a grain of pride in his heart will not enter aljannah"

pride here means turning ones nose up at the truth(Allah,Prophets, Islam,Quran)

I pray that Allah makes it easy for you (Amin)
Re: Islam And Terrorist by ayinba1(f): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2008
@david

I don't know if you are aware but Babs lost his dad.

I am confident that he will respond to the topic as soon as he can.
Re: Islam And Terrorist by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2008
ayinba1:

David,

you know Ramadan is coming up. This is a perfect opportunity and time for you to revertto Islam. Can youimagine how much rewards you will gain from Allah? You will be like a brand newbaby free of sins.

If even mohammad wasnt sure at his death what allah would do to him how else can i be convinced? What sins by the way?
What is the quranic definition of sin? Pls a verse would do?
How does allah remove sin? Pls just one quranic verse would do?

Its not enough to just make claims, i want to know that indeed that is allah's plan for the muslim slave.

ayinba1:

@david

I don't know if you are aware but Babs lost his dad.

I am confident that he will respond to the topic as soon as he can.

oops. Alas i mispoke, my sincere condolences to babs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contacts Of Al - Sunnah Scholars / Is It Obligatory To Be A Follower Of Any Denomination? / Putting Mobile Phone On Silent Mode While Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.