Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. (7654 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ayekotoo:
what you people fail to understand is that, as a yoruba, we are supposed to defend every inch of our territory. no yoruba claims Lagos but they defend it cos its their own. same as other western states. I can say am from Oyo in the palace of Alaafin, can you Igbo say that in the palace of Alaafin if you won't be beheaded?
Ok, now do u agree that the entire SW region is useless, that's y all of u re claiming that u re from lagos?.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2013
lygn19:
LoL...me sef don tell am b4 o,
If e no take time n junior brother na half yoruba/half kanuri,
U knw how this ppl behave.

The power of truth is just unstoppable. They have all kept quiet in their shame. There is so much data at National Bureau of Statistic to keep these noise makers quiet for the rest of their lives. There will be no more chest beating from them on NL. The healthcare and education numbers will make them cry. How can people that contribute almost nothing to Nigeria claim ownership? We shall see them come 2015. Anyhow the election turns out they will always be the losers.

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2013
sleekdot:

Because Delta has Oil

When you compare the IGR of the SW with the SE then you know that Khaki no be leather No be small dem take pass them
wetin concern SE for this topic?
SE govt has low taxation culture and policy.

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by nduchucks: 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
I'm not sure what the OP is trying to prove, but the posted statistics does not show that Delta state is any more efficient at generating revenues other than the handouts they receive from the Feds and the associated taxes which are also directly related to the oil industry.

If the idea is to measure which states are well positioned to be self sustaining assuming oil dries up, then Delta state will be in the bottom half of the statistics.

A better way to rate these states would be to look at the IGR as a % of total revenues. Here is that statistics below, reach your own conclusions. As expected Lagos State remain at the top. You be the judge.

P.S. Bayelsa's performance is very shameful.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1455153_CUsersA949824DesktopIGR_jpg65e5091588d59934a89a745a099dc6a7
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
Oya compare tables grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by nduchucks: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles: Oya compare tables grin grin grin grin grin

You dey laugh? You've been busted, buster! cool
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You dey laugh? You've been busted, buster! cool

I laugh at stu pid people, you are free to dance naked, that nah your wahala. My question still stands, why is FIRS reporting N45b as IGR for year 2012 for delta. When the states of Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti combined have less. All your attempts to spin will not change this fact. Simply give me an answer or take a hike. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1546176/nbs-result-internally-generated-revenue

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by nduchucks: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

I laugh at stu pid people, you are free to dance naked, that nah your wahala. My question still stands, why is FIRS reporting N45b as IGR for year 2012 for delta. When the states of Ogun, Ondo, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti combined have less. All your attempts to spin will not change this fact. Simply give me an answer or take a hike. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1546176/nbs-result-internally-generated-revenue

Despite your childish name calling, I am willing to learn from you and I pledge not to stoop to the level of calling you names, for now. Please tell us the sources of Delta State's IGR apart from taxes from oil companies which are operating in the state. I'd appreciate if you could also provide the % of the IGR, which is not based on the mentioned taxes.

If you don't know, please say so. I believe the answer to my question may reveal the answer to your question "why is FIRS reporting N45b as IGR for year 2012 for delta."

I'm not here to engage in childish tribal or personal fights.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Despite your childish name calling, I am willing to learn from you and I pledge not to stoop to the level of calling you names, for now. Please tell us the sources of Delta State's IGR apart from taxes from oil companies which are operating in the state. I'd appreciate if you could also provide the % of the IGR, which is not based on the mentioned taxes.

If you don't know, please say so. I believe the answer to my question may reveal the answer to your question "why is FIRS reporting N45b as IGR for year 2012 for delta."

I'm not here to engage in childish tribal or personal fights.

Take your time and review the FIRS data. There are three states on top. look at their numbers. The state of Akwa Ibom produces more oil than delta. Delta and Bayelsa produce the same amounts of oil. Still the numbers between these three states are day and night. Cross river and Edo are the least oil producing states in the Southsouth. Even Ondo produces more oil than both of them . Yet their numbers are better than any state in West besides Lagos. Look at the data, it should be able to answer your questions.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by Ngwakwe: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Where is the source of this manipulated and fictitious document?

The table you posted shows Ebonyi State made a total of N9.4B from 2007 to 2011 while the one from FIR, Ebonyi State made a total of N27 Billion in just two years

2010 = N12,998,269,207.69 

2011 = N14,033,391,157.02

ndu_chucks: I'm not sure what the OP is trying to prove, but the posted statistics does not show that Delta state is any more efficient at generating revenues other than the handouts they receive from the Feds and the associated taxes which are also directly related to the oil industry.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1455153_CUsersA949824DesktopIGR_jpg65e5091588d59934a89a745a099dc6a7

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by Ngwakwe: 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2013
Why are there so many corrupted and politically manipulated data in this country emanating from unreliable sources just to score cheap points?

What an irredeemable Country

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

Take your time and review the FIRS data. There are three states on top. look at their numbers. The state of Akwa Ibom produces more oil than delta. Delta and Bayelsa produce the same amounts of oil. Still the numbers between these three states are day and night. Cross river and Edo are the least oil producing states in the Southsouth. Even Ondo produces more oil than both of them . Yet their numbers are better than any state in West besides Lagos. Look at the data, it should be able to answer your questions.

This has more to do with state's capacity and efficiency regarding tax collection and not necessarily the number of wells they have. You can have a million wells and still end up with 10k in IGR if you are not collecting taxes or efficient when it comes to tax collection.

You reason like a 2 year old kid. Use your head sometimes...
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

This has more to do with state's capacity and efficiency regarding tax collection and not necessarily the number of wells they have. You can have a million wells and still end up with 10k in IGR if you are not collecting taxes or efficient when it comes to tax collection.

You reason like a 2 year old kid. Use your head sometimes...

That's why your people reason like mad adults and are lagging behind grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin At least you acknowledge oil well is not a factor here. So, explain the numbers from your 5 southwest states cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

That's why your people reason like mad adults and are lagging behind grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin At least you acknowledge oil well is not a factor here. So, explain the numbers from your 5 southwest states cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't even understand the meaning of this rubbish.

Like I said, you reason like a 2 year old..
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

I don't even understand the meaning of this rubbish.

Like I said, you reason like a 2 year old..

hahahahahahahaha, keep crying. When you have an explanation for your 5 states numbers, come back and post it wink wink wink wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Proposed APC NEC Meeting Sparks Allegation Of Forgery / Another Lockdown on monday / Buhari Makes U-Turn, Okays Padding Of 2022 Budget By National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.