Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders - Nairaland / General (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders (56454 Views)

Fire Outbreak In Ikoyi Caused By Motorcycle Carrying 30 Liters Of Petrol / Professional Female Begger That Drives An SUV And Begs For N1K Exposed At Ikoyi / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ogeoflyf(f): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
chinedumo:

wetin i mean be say u no fit suffer like guys dey suffer.
Woman no dey plenti like dat for prison.

But i hear say female wardens dey collect money from big men to sleep with female inmates.
Nne i know u b big woman
Nne try visit. Na human beings like you o. Even if it is to go and say sorry. U have tried.

jesus said 'when i was in prison you visited me'

Ok thanks. But Nna m not goin. embarassed I dey fear biko
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
ifyalways: @OP,morrrrrrre!

I've been to Ikoyi prisons on prison ministration. I could never have guessed that things were this bad inside.
ifyalways, they won't allow you to enter inside d wards/cells where d main bullshitt is happening..

There's morrrrrrrrrrrrrre stories but I will post later in the evening. Plssssssss guys bear wit mewink
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Numerouuuno: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
ogeoflyf:
how you take know.? undecided
BTW y are you telling me , I tell you say I one visit.. (•_•)
i love the way you decipher his statement.
That bros wish for you get k-leg o.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sarah a: Nice write up
thnx sister..wink
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by chinedumo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
ogeoflyf:

Ok thanks. But Nna m not goin. embarassed I dey fear biko

nne no fear. We fit go together.

No pain. No gain.

We need Nigerian Mandela
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ogeoflyf(f): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
chinedumo:

nne no fear. We fit go together.

No pain. No gain.

We need Nigerian Mandela

Abi ooo. you can b one. Infact I nominate you
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ogeoflyf(f): 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Numero uuuno:
i love the way you decipher his statement.
That bros wish for you get k-leg o.

Lol. Dnt mind him
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Prettielle(f): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
@Op..Pele! I really feel 4u gaan btw o,dis ur xperience has really opened my eyes and as well made me to apprc8 my life..

OP thanks 4sharing,still waitin 4d complete season oo!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by hustla(m): 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Omo prison Na war o
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by neneblazing95(f): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
woah!!!cant bliv i read all d threads..as much as such xperience was unfathomable&humiliating,i really enjoyed ur write-up xpecially d way yhu captured&painted som scenarios..yhu can post dz on a blog,journal or sumtin!!..i neva knew nigerian's prison system is as bad as dz...oh boy,persn no fiy sabi d value of deir freedom til dey visit prison or listen tu such xperience...oga,hop say yhu no dey smoke weed for gathering?! sadwoah!!!cant bliv i read all d threads..as much as such xperience was unfathomable&humiliating,i really enjoyed ur write-up xpecially d way yhu captured&painted som scenarios..yhu can post dz on a blog,journal or sumtin!!..i neva knew nigerian's prison system is as bad as dz...oh boy,persn no fiy sabi d value of deir freedom til dey visit prison or listen tu such xperience...oga,hop say yhu no dey smoke weed for gathering?!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Oludrex(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
experimentist: . Plssssssss guys bear wit mewink
Bear wit U ke.. Na u be our boss na .. We dey ur back dey follow U

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by temitope23(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
I was once their Music teacher in Ikoyi Prison that place na hell. Biggy(even though the guy no fat) obed etc were people I teach. But those guy carry face wey no resemble person wey suffer although once in a while they'll always beg and ask for money or shirt.
I no know say them dey suffer like this.
Now teaching in kirikiri medium and maximum teaching the same thing.
Although maximum na big boys prison.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by hotmas911(m): 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
o ga o!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Solodegreat24(m): 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
I used to knw of somone dat was imprisoned for three yrs in Benin. Wen d guy was tellin me his experience there i shed tears and as a result he almost gone blind. So many Innocent souls wallowin and abandoned there. D guys said somtin dat stroke me, he Saïd we ought to be kneelin down on d road every 5mins wt our hands lifted to tnk God for d freedom hè as given bcus many ar wishin dey ar free lik us. It is dat bad. May God open d eyes of our leaders. Many ar dere bcus of our leaders inhumanity to man. Dey loot our money, no employment. Som Will strugle hard to pass tru sch, pay Sch fees, hand-out,carryover, lecturers wil mak demands, u wil read and ur head wil almost catch fire. After all dis no job. Companies Will tell u dat u dnt hv experience wen u spent ur life frm pry to uni where did dem expext u to get d experience frm if dem dnt giv u d oppurtunity. Govt officials Will rather wait for thier children dat Sch in abroad to occupy vacant positions dan to giv it to u. In all of dis u hv aged parents and younger ones dat luk up to u for survival. Nobody came to dis world wt d mind to b a criminal. D society we found ourselfs made dos pple dat way. A society where d rich oppress d poor and made dem to eat frm d left ova frm thier table lik lazarus. Pple ar angry and d only way de can quench dat is to tak it back on d society. And wen dey ar caught u subdue dem to anoda hardship. Hw wil dem b happy. May God help us

14 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by MeAndYou(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
very unfortunate
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by JentleJosh(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
I'm not sure of what brought me here, but, one thing is certain; I'd watch this thread to the end. Infact I've bookmarked the topic already. @Op I dey gbadun you. You needn't rush it. Just continue updating the thread "poco a poco" (which means little by little). This is a real eye-opener presented in a scintillating manner.
A na ma bia (I dey come).

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Saraha1(f): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
At op oya do quick na? Habi you won make I slap you ni? Lol
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by youthmustwork: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Op, I really want to visit ds place in my next generation, hahhahah.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jentle-Josh:
I'm not sure of what brought me here, but, one thing is certain; I'd watch this thread to the end. Infact I've bookmarked the topic already. @Op I dey gbadun you. You needn't rush it. Just continue updating the thread "poco a poco" (which means little by little). This is a real eye-opener presented in a scintillating manner.
A na ma bia (I dey come).
nnwane, obago grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Sarah a: At op oya do quick na? Habi you won make I slap you ni? Lol
swthrt, remain loyal wink
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
youth must work: Op, I really want to visit ds place in my next generation, hahhahah.
no need to wait till next generation, just try murder one and wait there til cops come, tell dem say na ikoyi prison u want serve. (Na joke oh no tryam bro)

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
Typing tinz wink

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by youthmustwork: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
Op. I jux found out nw say u be igbo guy. Lol. I wonder hw u managed d write those hausa or yoruba.

Last bullet > see as all ds oka ikpo nairaland babes jux d trip for u.

U re nw a mighty E-celeb. I salute sir !!!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by heykims(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
youth must work: Op. I jux found out nw say u be igbo guy. Lol. I wonder hw u managed d write those hausa or yoruba.

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
youth must work: Op. I jux found out nw say u be igbo guy. Lol. I wonder hw u managed d write those hausa or yoruba.

my broda I no be Igbo oh, I be confirm aboki inside grin me and ice prince na the same mama born us (na lie o I no knw ice prince from adam)
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by heykims(m): 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2013

An Igbo who is a Muslim, dts rare.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2013

Just cos he typed 'Nwanne, Obago', he has now turned Igbo? U should have asked him first instead of concluding
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Grendel(m): 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
We don't know the value of Peace and Freedom we have until our ENEMY visit Prison.

Baba God thank you ooooo
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
NOTE: Hi fellas. Actually I didn't know dis story will get to dis extent and even to making front page. Initially only decided to share the part where that hungry warder ate poo and beans and stop but I saw so interest in the story from many Nairalanders so I was motivated to write the whole experience I gathered in there. For those of thinking the stroy is fabricated, hell no, everything I wrote up there is real.

Ok, now I want to take you guys back to how evrything started. From our arrival etc. Get a grip! wink

The Genesis

After the crook judge finished judging us at the magistrate court Igbosere rd, lagos island, about 6 of us or so, he were placed on 30-40k bail wit 2 sureties. We were taking out from 5th floor of the building to downstair with handcuffs on our hands and legs like some notorious criminals. The cut handed us to the warder who were are on standby already waiting for people like us with their coastal bus, arm mopols etc. They locked us in one cell in the court premises. As soon as we entered the cell some guys we met inside started intimidating us. they threatened us and ask us to drop our money. "For wetin na, na una papa carry me come here?" I cursed. "Gboooaaa, abi oloshi ni iya e ni, ogun lo ma pa iya e" a very ruff guy dude with scars all over his face gave me a very heavy blow I staggered back ward. "Oga ko jor, a jon lo ewon ni, abi oloshi ni wo no?!" I replied as I tried to retaliate the blow I received but I was held back by some other guys who are also wit d same guy that gave me a hit. "Wetin haffen sef, why una go dey collect feefle money eh?" A guy behind me who we met there protested. "Na so una go dey collect everybody wey enter here eeh!" He added. We caused a lil commotion until a warder came in and calmed the situation. Few minutes later we were moved into a coastal bus and taken straight to the prison. As soon as we arrive, we were asked to come down one by one and headed str8 to the entrance. We were asked to drop all our belongings at the counter to a warder officer who take record of evrything but not without a bribe. Imagine, a warder officer asking for something from a prisoner shocked

Before entry a thorough search will be conducted. They will search from ur head to ur toes. Your yansh hole, armpits, pr'ick, even if u get toto sef dem go chook hand inside just to make sure no one carries any illegal item into the yard. One by one we got into the yard, I was surprised to note that more people are being brought in. "So na so dem dey carry people enter dis place everyday?" I asked myseff as I wondered. As we sat on the floor waiting on our next destination some of the inmates were passing by, some are offloading pure water from a truck. "Una don die today! Wetin carry una come here?" One of the inmate threatened us. There's a guy called omo alhaja who was brought in wit us. He told me that it was his 3rd time in the yard now that I should fear those guys that they can't do nothing. I looked at him "shocked shoo, so u be regular customer here" I teased. He smiled and hissed "no worry I get boys here, I no go suffer, if u dey my cell u go enjoy well well. Nobody go touch u for where I dey" he assured and I nodded in agreement. Some minutes later a guy who looks and sound like a kanuri man came and started addressing us. He told us that from now on, we are under hsi control. That anyone that messed up or misbehave will be dealt with severely. If anyone tries to escape will be shut down by a sniper. He said we are not in Nigeria anymore, that we are now in federal palace hotel. the black maria that brought is referred as a hummer jeep and that from now on our names is 'alejo" which means new comers.

"Alejooooo!" the commander shouted. "Yes sir" we all shouted back. "We be dis place?" he asked loudly. "Federal palace hotel" he answered. "Which kain motor bring una cone?" He asked. "Hummer jeep" we replied. Same process was repeated like 3 time. Then were asked to sit back on the floor. I and 2 of my friends were called by the wicked kanuri guy. We went closer and started talking saying "dis place wey una come no be una papa house oh, here na prison, na work una come do here oh" he said furiously. "Una go pack sh'it, clear grass well- well. But if una no wan work una go pay some money" he added. "Ah oga we no get money oh abeg" I said with a pity face. "Thunder fire you! Who be ya oga?" He fired at me. "Sorry sir" I quickly said. "U no get money abi, ok, u go pack shi't na. Shebi u no wan pay" he said as he walk forth and asked me and AA to follow him. As we followed him I decided to speak hausa to him maybe he will consider that I'm hausa and show a lil mercy. "Yalape don Allah ka yi hakuri ma na, ba mu da....." I tried to plead with him but was stoped by his shout. "Shut up there! If u speak that ting for me again u go c ursef" h said angrily. I just kept quiet and followed like a zombie. "Na the money wey ya papa work put for my pocket u wan collect, thunder faya you" I dare not said that loud or I'll locked in a single cell for the whole night.

He wicked guy took to the back of the yard where there are many spoilt suck away. There were about three suck away filled up with sh'it water (I mean confirm sh'it water o) and we were give a bucket so we can be fetching the poo water from the suck away and pour into a gutter by d side. angry I watched as my friend AA grabbed the bucket and started fetching the poo water and pour them in the gutter. The smell that oozed out of the suck away if mixed with some chemical can cause a very serious gobee. AA fetched and fetched and fetched before he was told to hand over the bucket to me, oh God! I was confused, how the hell will do this! I just swallow my breath grab the bucket and start fetching d damn poo water. "No be sh'it water? I go pack, highest we go find water wash body" I encouraged myself. I fetched, fetched and fetched tire before I was told to handover to another dude. Life just tire me immediately at the spot.

After enough sh'it water packing we came back and met the rest alejos where we left them. After everyone is back to the waiting point we were all asked to enter one particular room which is referred to as "new arrivals room'. The place stinks like dead. There a latrine in the room which is sending out some deadly poo stinks into the atmosphere. It gets worst when pee is dropped in cos it stirs the inside making the smell to increase. Oh my goodness! Through the windows some inmates came peeping at us from outside. "Alejo, una welcome oh, make una no worry una go chop beans well well" one of said while grinning. I saw omo alhaja called a guy and they shook hand thru the window. He requested for a cigarette which the quickly went and brought some in a pack. Omo alhaja gave me 2 white london I collected it a lit it immediately so to neutralise the deadly stench coming out of the damn toilet. We slept in that miserable room on the floor till the next that we were taken out and pictures and record of each and everyone of us was taken couple with the details of our offence. No be small tin oh..
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by adeyemik: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Op, thanks for the insight and for narrating your invaluable experience in the prison. It is very unfortunate that no reformation or transformation whatsoever takes place in Nigeria Prison, except for those that decided to turn a new leave once they are free, and I'm sure the percentage will be less than 3%. With your expose, I must redouble my effort to be conscious of my time, what I say, where I go, those I hangout with and most importantly asking God to guide and keep me away from the "Älakobas" that are out there. And I pray for those that are innocently incarcerate, God will send them a Moses, that will liberate them from the shackles of incompetent judiciary and tortuous prison system.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Ephramed(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ayaaaa the first thing if person enter there,na ur survival instinct gas work for u,if u no get survival instinct,2 days u don kpai.

GOd no go make us DeY right place wrong time.THERE IS NOTHING ON EARTH LIKE FREEDOM.ME TALK AM I NO GO CHANGE AM.I GO STILL TALK AM.nothing sweet pass freedom i mean nothing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Still following @ OP..pls dnt giv up abt writting the book ok

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Nairaland #10YearsChallenge: Upload Your Throwback Pictures Here / Fire Killed Many In Onitsha: Graphic Photos / How To Change My Username

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.