Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders (56311 Views)

Fire Outbreak In Ikoyi Caused By Motorcycle Carrying 30 Liters Of Petrol / Professional Female Begger That Drives An SUV And Begs For N1K Exposed At Ikoyi / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
Myself, AA and many other inmates walk out of our cell, out of our wards. Omo come see faces, awon omo oro dem. One by one, we met our partners (dudes I was arrested wit). We met Uche, Ogbebor, yemi and some othere guys. We about five in numbers. We saw everyone heading to a particular direction. "O boy why everybody dey go dat way" I foolishly asked AA knowing well that there's no way he woulda known since we are both new comers here. "Make we go confirm" he replied. All of us walked down to the place and learned that inmates are struggling to fetch water from one tap. There's only one tap in the yard and water can stop rushing at any moment, hence the rushing. "Guy na water dem dey collect o, me sef wan bath oh. See as pesin just dey smell anyhow. Choi" I protested. "Na so, abeg make we find bucket jor!" Uche supported. I immediately spot one of my cell mate, Yahaya. He was dragging a small bucket of water along so I followed him behind.

"Bros I dey hail o" I said as I approach him. "Alejo, hw u dey?" Yahaya replied. "I dey fine jaree" I said even thou I'm not ok. We walk together to a place like an uncompleted building that looks like an abattoir. Thou the place is roofless. All the inmates are there busy taking their bath naked. Nobody send anybody. Na that day I see different types of pricks (penis or joystick or d'ick). I see men wey get horse prick, men wey carry prick like tuber yam. Banana shapes, candle, coca cola and pepsi bottle shaped d'ick. I saw a guy with craawcraaw all over his body. I stood there and watched as my new prison friend Yahaya took his bath. After he's thru he gave me the I went back to the tap to fetch water. I got there in no time as I aslo saw AA coming thru with a bucket. I joined the queue till it got to my turn, as I was about to fetch one guy that looks like Vin Diesel came from no where and place his bucket under the tap. "Oga wetin happen na, na my turn to fetch na" I protested. The guy just looked at me with one kain bad eyes as if he's gona eat me raw. "Thunder fire you there, you wan die? Abi ofe kin pa e sinu ewon ni" (means...u want me to kill u in d prison abi?) "Ah bros no vex oh, shebi na play I dey play!" I quickly said before he land me a heavy slap. I waited till he fetched to his satisfaction, another wicked looking dude came to fetch I dare not say anything, those guys are convicted criminals they can do an undo. After they fetched I managed to fetch mine and left for mt bath. As I was walikng to where I will take my bath I met a guy that I know in my area. He has been in the 'federal palace hotel (prison yard) for two year on ATM (awaiting trial). "Baba yayyane?" He greeted me. "Heeey, chuchuchu, lafiya kalau" I replied as I shook his hand wit a smile on my face. It's been long we saw, I didn't even know he has been behind the mighty walls all these years. He told me to go and have my bath and meet him later at Ward A, cell B or so.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by vizboy(m): 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
ehen I still dey wait oh
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by sureway1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
e be like say this your story na another seasonal film...
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
sure way: e be like say this your story na another seasonal film...

bro d tin still long oh.. Abeg mek na bear wit me una knw say.. I just dey learn hw to wrtiewink
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by speak2me: 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
Omo Ω̴̷̷̴̩̩̩̥̐͠a̶̲̥̅̊ђ season film b D̶̲̥̅ɪ̣̝̇§ 1 Ơ̴̴̴̴͡
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by arowstev2000: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
[b][/b]
sure way: e be like say this your story na another seasonal film...

we don reach Ikoyi prison season 7
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kingtim(m): 1:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
Op... Why not write a book. I strongly believe you'll excell. Damn! see the way u dey write the experience.. Your english mixed with vernacular is so on point... I see myself buying your book someday!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kingtim(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Btw.. Lemme follow you asap! I will also need your facebook id thats if u have any and you are willing to give me.... I like to be your friend. You also gonna gimme some advice too. Thanks.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by MyOpinion1(f): 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2013
hmmmm....see life, see experience...
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by PurestBoy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kingtim: Btw.. Lemme follow you asap! I will also need your facebook id thats if u have any and you are willing to give me.... I like to be your friend. You also gonna gimme some advice too. Thanks.

And some wraps of jumbo too
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kingtim(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
PurestBoy:

bros you dey craze o lol.. I don laff tire grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kingtim: Op... Why not write a book. I strongly believe you'll excell. Damn! see the way u dey write the experience.. Your english mixed with vernacular is so on point... I see myself buying your book someday!
writing a book ke? shocked wit dis my worwor type writings?! God dey sha.

I'm lookin up to writers like; flow, foxy_rebirth, saint and some other guys with writing talents. They're my inspiration. I advice u to read there stuff u learn.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
PurestBoy:

grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Saraben(f): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
my b3 don low finish o
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kingtim(m): 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: writing a book ke? shocked wit dis my worwor type writings?! God dey sha.

I'm lookin up to writers like; flow, foxy_rebirth, saint and some other guys with writing talents. They're my inspiration. I advice u to read there stuff u learn.
bros forget those things about your type writing... I have never seen u spelt anything wrongly here. The only ones i could recall that u did spell wrongly were those once u might have typed mistakenly with your phone keypad... You must write book(s) For us in Jesus Name Amen! grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Obieem: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
This one wey male prison story D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ like this. How female own wan D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Lanretoye(m): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
booqee: MY DEAR SISTER, first and foremost, i'm not a bro! angry
Sorry sis,na the tory paint my eyes...
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ACM10: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bros I can see that u are flirting with writing. You are a good storyteller sha. I have no doubt that u will excel in the trade.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by MyOpinion1(f): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
abeg who know d whereabout(s) of dis op should pls notify him to come and finish his story ooo
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by greall1: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
O boy dis one na season Film. I feel for your bad experience.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by premlove(m): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
You are very talented op ur grand children 'll enjoy you
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by megastu(m): 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
LWKMD. Very hilarious.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by SugaryBelle(f): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
[/quote] experimentist

Na that day I see different types of pricks (penis or joystick or d'ick). I see men wey get horse prick, men wey carry prick like tuber yam. Banana shapes, candle, coca cola and pepsi bottle shaped d'ick...
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kingtim: bros forget those things about your type writing... I have never seen u spelt anything wrongly here. The only ones i could recall that u did spell wrongly were those once u might have typed mistakenly with your phone keypad... You must write book(s) For us in Jesus Name Amen! grin

Amen; the Op is rily gud..writing isn't all abt correct spellings..its all abt hw to put expressions and events into written words and capture the readers attention whole heartedly..there are editors that can edit and correct the mistakes perfectly, think abt it bro...WRITE a BOOK on this story and I trust the nairaland house...we'll forever b supportive of our own

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by torture: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
OP Please write a book on this. You are a superb story teller. Just pen it this way, mixed with vernacular. You owe this story to the world. You are good. Even if its not a hard copy book. But you have to put this together maybe in an ebook. Good luck bruv. And please quit smoking weed in public.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Peculiarni(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Press like if you wan see the end of this story ;

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Johnnny(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
My man, you just took me back 12years ago, when I and my manager were framed by our employer (who is a deacon in my church) and we landed in Ikoyi Prison Awaiting Trial (ATM) for 4 days.

I dont want to recount that experience, its barbaric! and cruel!

You wont believe that some of the inmates of ATM are unable to get bail, just because they have nobody to pay as little as 500naira for their bail. Some are even there, without their relatives and friends knowing they are there, Police just raided them, label them armed robbers, they got to court, said they are not guilty and next thing, they are in Black Marias and shipped to ATM.

One case that brought tears from my eyes when I got there, was the case of a boy and his dad, I didn't meet the dad as he died like a week plus before we got there.

This boy (Sule) and his dad came to Lagos from their village (God knows where) to check on his elder brother, got to his place very late in the night only to be told he had pack out, they had nowhere to sleep, and GSM was not common at that time, 2001. They where just roaming about looking for a place to sleep when Police raked them and labelled them armed robbers, from cell to court to prison (ATM). They were there for 2 years, and later maybe due to sickness, hunger or maltreatment, the father died.

The warders arranged that the corpse be thrown into the big suck away that OP mentioned earlier, but the chief warder at that time disagreed that they check the forms filled by each inmate to know his address and contact them to come and carry their corpse, so it was sent to the morgue. They contacted the Ikoyi police station, which contacted the police station in the village where they came from through the address they gave and those now got in contact with the family.

It is at that point that the family knew that Sule and his Dad that everybody thought had died maybe through accident, money ritual or whatever had been in prison in Lagos all the while. Even the elder brother they came to see, had gone home later and was told they left to Lagos to look for him, he went to his former house and was told they came and left.

The second day I spent there, was the day the family of Sule came to bail him from the prison. Everybody in our cell room (more like a hall with bunker beds aligned to the wall and space in the middle (jankara Market) were happy for him. He actually left the prison as a christian, he sometimes leads the prayer sessions, which comes at intervals, I think 30mins interval or thereabout, I dont remember exactly.

I was bail the fourth day (Thank God) but to me, its like I was there for 4years. My people, Ikoyi Maximum prison is another world in its own entirety.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ACM10: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
Experimentist are u still experimenting? Omo why u dey dull this thread naa? You wan make we lose interest. Come finish dis gist b4 I place curse on u. I swear na Kirikiri wey joint smoking go land you. This tym around na 3yrs ATM and 7yrs incarceration. No joke with me o. grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by waspa1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
this story is beutifully bad and touching one,i pray may almighty Allah*s.a.w*never let us experience it in our life*amen*...haa nkan be!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Justeenaleo(f): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: Myself, AA and many other inmates walk out of our cell, out of our wards. Omo come see faces, awon omo oro dem. One by one, we met our partners (dudes I was arrested wit). We met Uche, Ogbebor, yemi and some othere guys. We about five in numbers. We saw everyone heading to a particular direction. "O boy why everybody dey go dat way" I foolishly asked AA knowing well that there's no way he woulda known since we are both new comers here. "Make we go confirm" he replied. All of us walked down to the place and learned that inmates are struggling to fetch water from one tap. There's only one tap in the yard and water can stop rushing at any moment, hence the rushing. "Guy na water dem dey collect o, me sef wan bath oh. See as pesin just dey smell anyhow. Choi" I protested. "Na so, abeg make we find bucket jor!" Uche supported. I immediately spot one of my cell mate, Yahaya. He was dragging a small bucket of water along so I followed him behind.

"Bros I dey hail o" I said as I approach him. "Alejo, hw u dey?" Yahaya replied. "I dey fine jaree" I said even thou I'm not ok. We walk together to a place like an uncompleted building that looks like an abattoir. Thou the place is roofless. All the inmates are there busy taking their bath naked. Nobody send anybody. Na that day I see different types of pricks (penis or joystick or d'ick). I see men wey get horse prick, men wey carry prick like tuber yam. Banana shapes, candle, coca cola and pepsi bottle shaped d'ick. I saw a guy with craawcraaw all over his body. I stood there and watched as my new prison friend Yahaya took his bath. After he's thru he gave me the I went back to the tap to fetch water. I got there in no time as I aslo saw AA coming thru with a bucket. I joined the queue till it got to my turn, as I was about to fetch one guy that looks like Vin Diesel came from no where and place his bucket under the tap. "Oga wetin happen na, na my turn to fetch na" I protested. The guy just looked at me with one kain bad eyes as if he's gona eat me raw. "Thunder fire you there, you wan die? Abi ofe kin pa e sinu ewon ni" (means...u want me to kill u in d prison abi?) "Ah bros no vex oh, shebi na play I dey play!" I quickly said before he land me a heavy slap. I waited till he fetched to his satisfaction, another wicked looking dude came to fetch I dare not say anything, those guys are convicted criminals they can do an undo. After they fetched I managed to fetch mine and left for mt bath. As I was walikng to where I will take my bath I met a guy that I know in my area. He has been in the 'federal palace hotel (prison yard) for two year on ATM (awaiting trial). "Baba yayyane?" He greeted me. "Heeey, chuchuchu, lafiya kalau" I replied as I shook his hand wit a smile on my face. It's been long we saw, I didn't even know he has been behind the mighty walls all these years. He told me to go and have my bath and meet him later at Ward A, cell B or so.
Yeh!! My MB I will kill u today!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

The Long Cobra We Killed During Prayers / Do You Have Secrets You Intend To Take To The Grave? Get Some Off Your Chest / Fire Killed Many In Onitsha: Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.