Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders (56319 Views)

Fire Outbreak In Ikoyi Caused By Motorcycle Carrying 30 Liters Of Petrol / Professional Female Begger That Drives An SUV And Begs For N1K Exposed At Ikoyi / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Olayinkaoj(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
[quote
author=ACM10]Experimentist are u still experimenting? Omo why u dey
dull this thread naa? You wan make we lose interest. Come finish dis
gist b4 I place curse on u. I swear na Kirikiri wey joint smoking go
land you. This tym around na 3yrs ATM and 7yrs incarceration. No joke
with me o. grin[/quote]
stop d curse pls. The narration may seem sweet but d experience was not palatable. There is power in words we speak pls
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by moscobabs(m): 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: Myself, AA and many other inmates walk out of our cell, out of our wards. Omo come see faces, awon omo oro dem. One by one, we met our partners (dudes I was arrested wit). We met Uche, Ogbebor, yemi and some othere guys. We about five in numbers. We saw everyone heading to a particular direction. "O boy why everybody dey go dat way" I foolishly asked AA knowing well that there's no way he woulda known since we are both new comers here. "Make we go confirm" he replied. All of us walked down to the place and learned that inmates are struggling to fetch water from one tap. There's only one tap in the yard and water can stop rushing at any moment, hence the rushing. "Guy na water dem dey collect o, me sef wan bath oh. See as pesin just dey smell anyhow. Choi" I protested. "Na so, abeg make we find bucket jor!" Uche supported. I immediately spot one of my cell mate, Yahaya. He was dragging a small bucket of water along so I followed him behind.

"Bros I dey hail o" I said as I approach him. "Alejo, hw u dey?" Yahaya replied. "I dey fine jaree" I said even thou I'm not ok. We walk together to a place like an uncompleted building that looks like an abattoir. Thou the place is roofless. All the inmates are there busy taking their bath naked. Nobody send anybody. Na that day I see different types of pricks (penis or joystick or d'ick). I see men wey get horse prick, men wey carry prick like tuber yam. Banana shapes, candle, coca cola and pepsi bottle shaped d'ick. I saw a guy with craawcraaw all over his body. I stood there and watched as my new prison friend Yahaya took his bath. After he's thru he gave me the I went back to the tap to fetch water. I got there in no time as I aslo saw AA coming thru with a bucket. I joined the queue till it got to my turn, as I was about to fetch one guy that looks like Vin Diesel came from no where and place his bucket under the tap. "Oga wetin happen na, na my turn to fetch na" I protested. The guy just looked at me with one kain bad eyes as if he's gona eat me raw. "Thunder fire you there, you wan die? Abi ofe kin pa e sinu ewon ni" (means...u want me to kill u in d prison abi?) "Ah bros no vex oh, shebi na play I dey play!" I quickly said before he land me a heavy slap. I waited till he fetched to his satisfaction, another wicked looking dude came to fetch I dare not say anything, those guys are convicted criminals they can do an undo. After they fetched I managed to fetch mine and left for mt bath. As I was walikng to where I will take my bath I met a guy that I know in my area. He has been in the 'federal palace hotel (prison yard) for two year on ATM (awaiting trial). "Baba yayyane?" He greeted me. "Heeey, chuchuchu, lafiya kalau" I replied as I shook his hand wit a smile on my face. It's been long we saw, I didn't even know he has been behind the mighty walls all these years. He told me to go and have my bath and meet him later at Ward A, cell B or so.
what a nice experience....whaoooo!! I wish I were u grin grin grin grin

God forbid Bad thing

I know some guys will still quote me!!!!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ACM10: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
Olayinkaoj:
stop d curse pls. The narration may seem sweet but d experience was not palatable. There is power in words we speak pls

I neva curse am o. I just dey reveal to am d effect of my curse. But if im insist say I'm go mess with our mb, I will be left with no other option. grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
Make una no vex abeg I go update for night around 11pm..
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by DAY12(m): 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
Naija Prison.... angry

Na DEATH grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ACM10: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
experimentist: Make una no vex abeg I go update for night around 11pm..

angry angry
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kingtim(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
11pm! shocked bros nor lemme find u reach house o. I just don't wanna loose my cool at this point in time o..
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kevsman(m): 6:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kevsman(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
no wahala sha, i day
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Kingtim(m): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
moscobabs:
what a nice experience....whaoooo!! I wish I were u grin grin grin grin

God forbid Bad thing

I know some guys will still quote me!!!!

bro same taughts was running through my head..... At a point in time, the story was getting really interesting that i almost wished it was me.. GOD FORBID BAD THING. If u had or Still having same taughts like me, like my post. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by iamlukky(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bros, whissh level nah... Why u start d tori sef SHU
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Peculiarni(m): 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Oooooooo 11pm i go dey beside my hubby now
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Justeenaleo(f): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Peculiar ni: Oooooooo 11pm i go dey beside my hubby now
No worry I go come wake u
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by youthmustwork: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Experimentist @ finish this story befor I hang myself for this celine fan !!!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
ACM10: Experimentist are u still experimenting? Omo why u dey dull this thread naa? You wan make we lose interest. Come finish dis gist b4 I place curse on u. I swear na Kirikiri wey joint smoking go land you. This tym around na 3yrs ATM and 7yrs incarceration. No joke with me o. grin

Please, that sounds too harsh to be a joke! He did not gather this experience in one day, why must he rush over it in one day? Besides, the guy actually has a real life outside Nairaland.

OP, I'm in total support of those encouraging you to write a book. You have the skill, you have the story. I have read so much about the condition of naija prisons in dailies but non this explicit. Your story actually brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't even bring myself to see the humor in it. All I can think about is the fate of the innocent ones in there and what they have to go through, especially that Sule guy another poster mentioned.

Thank you for sharing with us, I pray for God's continued favor and protection over us and our family members, in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ademega(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2013
O ga ooh
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by JustWahlay: 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
Alaye con finish dis story b4 I vex
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Peculiarni(m): 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Justeenaleo:
No worry I go come wake u
lolzzzz
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
Typing.....
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Continuation

I collected a soap from Yahaya as I was going to take my bath. The cloths that followed me the the prison yard were a blue and black polo shirt and a black round-neck which I wore under the polo top. Both cloths were dirty and the stench dat is oozing out of them can cause a mini earthquake. I pull them off, pull off my blue jeans which has turn multi colours due sleeping on the dirty cell floors. I also off my boxers before I took my bath. After taking my bath I used the remaining water to wash the tops. I wash them and spread them on the grass so they can quickly dry before the bell is rang. I sighted Yahaya nearby smoking cigarette as he is watching some guys were playing table tennis. I went up and joined him. "You go smoke cigar" yahaya asked "yes na" I replied even thou I'm not a cigarette fan. I hate cigar with a passion but wen it comes to igboh, me and fela na d same. I lit up the cigarette and puffed it hard and inhale thinking I was smoking weed. "Kpu kpuh" I choked a bit but I tried hard to keep it going so I don't fall my hand for where men dey. As I was with yahaya discussing my mind was on my cloths that were on the grass. Someone can just do away with them before I know it. I and yahaya went back to where my cloths are and sat somewhere on a block where I can be seeing my cloths.

Yahaya told me how he was arrested somewhere around eko hotel where he was hustling at a club on a friday night. A woman accused of him of trying to steal from her car which he said he didn't know anything about. He said he has been on awating trial for over 3 months and that nobody knows that he has been arrested. I told how I got arrested and everything. He pleaded with me that if released I should please go to a place in new market VI to inform his people of his conditions. I agreed with him. I felt pity for him, I'm willing to help him if I'm out, I promised myself. Just as we were discussion another dude from our sale came around and joined us. His name is Sunday, he's an okada rider. He said he was arrested by the police and charged to court for nothing (before okada was banned in lagos). Just like Yahaya, nobody knows his (Sunday) conditions. He also told me to pls help him deliver the message when I'm out. Another dude came also from my cell, he also narrated his own part of the stroy. Unlike Sunday and Yahaya, this dude (I forgot his name) was charged with murder and also on awating trial. According to him he said he was arrested around Iddo, there was a fight and someone was killed and after everything police came and started arresting anyone they saw on sight. I somehow believed his story cos I knw our Naija police and their way of handling things un professionally. I promised all of them that if I'm out I will do what I can do to make sure someone who knows them get the info. They all put their hope on me and they believed I will help them.

I smoke and smoke a lot of cigarette there and tried hard to forget my worries. I checked out my cloths on the grass, the black round neck was dry so I wore it and left the other one to dry fully. There was about to be a football match around on the nearby pitch. We moved closer to the field to watch. It was a match between Ward C (our ward( and Ward B (other ward) I can see some of my cell mates on the pitch. "Som these guys dey even play ball for inside this place?" I asked myself. And suddenly I saw a guy that I know on d pitch. Another Sunday, but this Sunday is not an inmate but a warder. "So dis guy wan go play ball with prisoner?" I tot. I made sure I stayed till after d game so I can meet Sunday. After the match I made my way closer to where Sunday was. "Sunday, how far?" He looked at me as if he didn't even know me. "Aah Sunday, u nor know me again" I said as I approach him more. he gave me a sign which I didn't understand. Before I knew it "puaaaaah" I received a very deadly slap from behind on my neck, I turn around just see another kitted warder behind me trying to deliver another hot slap to my face. "Wetin you dey find here, abi u wan escape" the warder shouted at me.. I didn't even answer him I ranned for my dear life.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by heykims(m): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
what an unfortunate interesting experience?
Theres nothing better dn freedom in life.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ACM10: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
lol grin grin
totally hilarious grin grin
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by moscobabs(m): 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
I don dey pity this guy ooo. so person dey suffer like this while me dey always enjoying mysef somewhere. But op is there no ladies among u?
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Tmany(m): 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jezz Wow the scary thing is about those that are arrested and no one knows their whereabout(some of their relatives may think they are dead like the SULE guy someone talked about) .
Op is it that they don't know the phone number of any of their relatives off hand, cause you already said there is a call centre in the prison.
Bro you chop a lot of slap o hope you done stop dey take igbo sha
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by ACM10: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
candy:

Please, that sounds too harsh to be a joke! He did not gather this experience in one day, why must he rush over it in one day? Besides, the guy actually has a real life outside Nairaland.

OP, I'm in total support of those encouraging you to write a book. You have the skill, you have the story. I have read so much about the condition of naija prisons in dailies but non this explicit. Your story actually brought tears to my eyes and I couldn't even bring myself to see the humor in it. All I can think about is the fate of the innocent ones in there and what they have to go through, especially that Sule guy another poster mentioned.

Thank you for sharing with us, I pray for God's continued favor and protection over us and our family members, in Jesus name.

Na wao. How I take harsh nw? Do u think I will wish this experience to my worst enemy. Still joke nevertheless. Saying something does not make it happen.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by Tmany(m): 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2013
moscobabs: I don dey pity this guy ooo. so person dey suffer like this while me dey always enjoying mysef somewhere. But op is there no ladies among u?
guy haha you get twisted mind o.
There are sperate prison for female and male abi you want make them dey pop prison babies
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by bayulll01(m): 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by bayulll01(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2013
@op u av a very good command of english I will advise you to write a book you will excel,if it's a true life experience and not just creativity or imagination I pity u,still u should try and write a book,u could be another chinua or wole soyinka in the making,hope u ve stop smoking if not u need visit a rehab.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by AS7(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
O boy wat of angola cell inside kirikiri, u know am? if no, u never c anytin o!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
bayulll01: @op u av a very good command of english I will advise you to write a book you will excel,if it's a true life experience and not just creativity or imagination I pity u,still u should try and write a book,u could be another chinua or wole soyinka in the making,hope u ve stop smoking if not u need visit a rehab.
Chinua Achebe ke? shocked those ones dem be baba na!. Well, thnx bro make we dey c as e go-go.
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by RealAlfranco: 11:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
Op Bro, 11pm don knack na!!!
Re: My Experience At Ikoyi Prison With Inmates And Warders by experimentist: 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Update coming now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

The Long Cobra We Killed During Prayers / Do You Have Secrets You Intend To Take To The Grave? Get Some Off Your Chest / Fire Killed Many In Onitsha: Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.