Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" (25418 Views)

Well Built & Tastefully House For Sale @ Ifo, Ogun State For #15m. / Well Built 20rooms Self Contain Hostel Located In Ekosodin Uniben For Sale #19M / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
Be sure that I told them what you dnt even expect I will tell, in as much as my friends ask me to stop saying and hating on whites, I'll keep saying I'm a racist and hate everything white, I'm studying history and I knw the damages these pple have/and are still doing to us read "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" by Walter Roodney, that explains my hate for European League. I've never watched it! These pple hate us and here we are celebrating them. "We bought Rooney at the rate of $20" do they know u exist!? Mctcheew
Rudebwoy:
Maybe they didn't understand the mail. It's like they thought you are saying they don't give Africa proper coverage.
If you can, reply them, be more specific. Ask them why they don't show the developed side of Africa.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by alienware(m): 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I wish Rossike was here to finish you.

I don't have the patience to educate you. I'm trying to keep my blood pressure low.
you terribly uniformed ! All the developed nations are 90% whites in demographic or east asians. By the way , why waiting for rosiske or whatever to come and finish me ? Why not do the job self. Mu.mu.

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: I was aggrieved when I read this topic www.nairaland.com/1529492/ever-seen-well-built-african-house
I copied BBC and I told them if they did not forward my complain to the appropriate person, they will rot in hell. I also sent a copy of that to CNN but I haven't hear from them.
Here is the reply from BBC via bbc_complaints_website@bbc.co.uk

Dear Mr. Ogunsola

Reference CAS-2428933-TJJY8Y

Thanks for contacting the BBC.

We understand you feel there has been a lack of coverage of Africa in our output, we note you feel the BBC should feature more aspects of Africa in broadcasts to inform and educate audience members.

In our output we strive to provide a range of subjects and issues, we are always working to inform audience members of issues from all locations. The BBC has broadcast programmes and reports on Africa and its wildlife recently but we certainly will take on board your suggestion.

We are grateful that you've taken the time to put your suggestion forward and be assured that your comments will be registered on our audience log.

This is an internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are made available across the BBC.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Tanya McKee

BBC Complaints

I guess no one caught the "shade" thrown there. grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by samadream(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
Under-inform about Africa or miguided information,dem dey make there people ignoramus,but for smart ones who love seeing the world either for business or leisure they know better that the so called Dark continent Is not all that dark afterall except considering epileptic power supply especially in natural resources endowed naija
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by alienware(m): 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
The black man keeps blaming the white for all their misfortunes, instead of educating their citizens and try to boost their economy. They are blaming the white man for the problems.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by lolade123: 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You see what centuries of white propaganda has done to this poor soul?

No knowledge of his own history. No self esteem.

Probably hates the color of his skin, the texture of his hair, etc.

He is an ignoramus, he doesn't know civilzation started from Africa even before Europe. Egypt have been practising agricultural mechanisation for 5000 years, ,where was Europe then. Am proud to be an African...

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Diasporan(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2013
Guidette: 'Africa.... The Dark Continent' is how they always start their stupid shows when featuring the African continent. It is so sad that Americans are so dumb when it comes to Africa and it is because these stations misrepresent us all the time. They think we are one country and that irks me everytime I hear the word Africa from their mouth. Imagine.... I asked an American chick who visited 'Africa' which country she visited, and she didnt know. When I told her I knew all the 50 states of America, she was shocked and had to agree she was ignorant herself.

Besides, who even watches BBC and CNN anyways. Those propaganda filled stations... I honestly would rather watch a whole hour of NTA than to sit through an hour of CNN.
This your post reminds me of an encounter I had with a Guyanese American few months ago.She told me she thought Mandela was the President of Africa and Nigeria is a state in Africa.Couldn't stop laughing at her ignorance.Don't blame 'most' Americans that see Africa as a single country but blame Africans in the US.Majority of them especially Nigerians when you ask them where they are from they will tell you they are from Africa.It's common amongst the girls.It is also prevalent when you ask them who they are speaking to on the phone the reply you get is that they are speaking to someone in Africa.It annoys me whenever I hear my fellow Nigerians say so.Ghanians and Camerounians I have met are even more specific about their country but for Nigerians the reverse is the case.Am not trying to make excuse for the so called dumb Americans but an 'average' American is not interested in what's happening outside his or her state talkless of other states in America or some other continent.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Erh....but when you think about it, there's nothing the Oyibo person is doing that isn't done by other groups when they have control of the media.

Life is a rat race and from the looks of things everyone always wants to be seen as better than everyone else. Blame the human ego.

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Babalegba(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nigeria is being overrun by delusional clowns, so yoou guys want the BBC to play the part of the ostrich. A country that is yet to achieve civilization as evidenced by a leader telling a follower to go and die and also some security men stuffing pepper inside a womans reproductive cavity wants to be portrayed as civilised and with cities brimming with inspiring architecture. So many Nigerians have no sense of shame. You can build four tiny shops and call it a shopping mall but all you've still got are four tiny shops. A nation of arrogant religious savages.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by babsomotde(m): 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
Speechless
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by alienware(m): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
lolade123:
He is an ignoramus, he doesn't know civilzation started from Africa even before Europe. Egypt have been practising agricultural mechanisation for 5000 years, ,where was Europe then. Am proud to be an African...
civilization started from africa and you 've been unable to replicate that development here. The Egyptians who doesn't want to be lumped together with africans ? U were dey learned tell us why africa still dey backward. Mumu
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by alienware(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Babalegba: Nigeria is being overrun by delusional clowns, so yoou guys want the BBC to play the part of the ostrich. A country that is yet to achieve civilization as evidenced by a leader telling a follower to go and die and also some security men stuffing pepper inside a womans reproductive cavity wants to be portrayed as civilised and with cities brimming with inspiring architecture. So many Nigerians have no sense of shame. You can build four tiny shops and call it a shopping mall but all you've still got are four tiny shops. A nation of arrogant religious savages.
God bless u ! Hahahahaha. Truth dey pain dem.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by stag: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
undecided
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Waspy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks Op, Now BBC will regard Nairaland better than our Min of Foreign Affairs
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Galaxydon1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: Lemme reserve a space in case it makes the FP. grin

FP tinz!!! Oh Glory glory glory to the Lord!!!

First I will like to thank my gf for being their for me all this while that I've complained of no making the front page, 'Morenike Adediran' I love u and now that I'm on the front page I'll like to dedicate it to you.

Secondly to my Daddy in the Lord Pastor E.A Adeboye for his prayers.

Thirdly to my fellow nairalanders.

Now to the post.

Be sure that I told them what you dnt even
expect I will tell, in as much as my friends ask
me to stop saying and hating on whites, I'll
keep saying I'm a racist and hate everything
white, I'm studying history and I knw the
damages these pple have/and are still doing to
us read "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa"
by Walter Roodney, that explains my hate for
European League. I've never watched it! These
pple hate us and here we are celebrating
them. "We bought Rooney at the rate of £20,000"
do they know u exist!? Mctcheew
not funny
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by katordidi(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bull! OP u and BBC ‘re off point
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by alienware(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
5megabyte:

Be honest to yourself what is the ratio of developed cities to undeveloped settlements in africa? So are u saying you have never seen lagos or abuja on BBC? Aren't those 2 at least presentable? The fact that one ignorant white person in the UK asked if u have storey buildings in africa, does that mean itss because of unbalanced reporting by BBC? And finally come to think of it, what is the main news about in africa? Isn't it always about one mobutu, babangida, gadaffi, etc stealing all the people's money and plunging them into senseless civil war? So should an arab for instance be angry if the BBC shows syria war, egypt in turmoil, lybian civil war, pakistani unrest, etc, isn't their region mostly about war? My guy, we need to sit up big time and stop blaming ANYBODY we find
thank u my guy ! U don tell dem the truth.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Guidette(f): 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2013
Diasporan:
This your post reminds me of an encounter I had with a Guyanese American few months ago.She told me she thought Mandela was the President of Africa and Nigeria is a state in Africa.Couldn't stop laughing at her ignorance.Don't blame 'most' Americans that see Africa as a single country but blame Africans in the US.Majority of them especially Nigerians when you ask them where they are from they will tell you they are from Africa.It's common amongst the girls.It is also prevalent when you ask them who they are speaking to on the phone the reply you get is that they are speaking to someone in Africa.It annoys me whenever I hear my fellow Nigerians say so.Ghanians and Camerounians I have met are even more specific about their country but for Nigerians the reverse is the case.Am not trying to make excuse for the so called dumb Americans but an 'average' American is not interested in what's happening outside his or her state talkless of other states in America or some other continent.
What those Nigerian people are doing is even good. At least they say they are African. Most of the naijaz I know over here always claim something else entirely. Like if there are permanent residents of anywhere, they will claim that country first before anything. It is just shame o my brother that they dont want to say they are Nigerian. After all we have a bad rap everywhere around the world. But me... I claim Naija any day. Even though I have an accent that makes people automatically believe I am American. I set the record straight everytime wink

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by GetGuide: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks op for that
Oloshi lawon arabi yen

Can we all bombard them with complaint messages

make their head correct

am sending my own message right away

if you are sending your own complaint hit like here

pls make your point clear oo

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ify84(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
Rudebwoy:
Maybe they didn't understand the mail. It's like they thought you are saying they don't give Africa proper coverage.
If you can, reply them, be more specific. Ask them why they don't show the developed side of Africa.

they BBC responded accordingly.... not giving Africa adequate coverage include not reporting positives.... @op.... u have done well... lesson gotten... we shd always make complian to d right source... we hope de discuss it in board
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by mrking3(m): 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
otijah: @op u just want to show to us they really responded to ur complain, but what positive change has their reply brought? They are still saying the same thing
you equally have the Right to write them! If you aint satisfied with their response! Atleast, @Op has done his own part by channeling his grievance to the right source! I consider their Feedback and acknowledgement of his complain as a Positive change! Rather than sit here and make mockery of @OPs effort, why not write your own and forward it to them, than coming here to vent your anger! Nonsense!!
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by eaxes: 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
ß waiting for the bbc †☺ show and promote Africa rather than doing i† yourselves. ̶̷̩̥̊͡a† is NTA doing? Smh
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
Guidette:
What those Nigerian people are doing is even good. At least they say they are African. Most of the naijaz I know over here always claim something else entirely. Like if there are permanent residents of anywhere, they will claim that country first before anything. It is just shame o my brother that they dont want to say they are Nigerian. After all we have a bad rap everywhere around the world. But me... I claim Naija any day. Even though I have an accent that makes people automatically believe I am American. I set the record straight everytime wink

See this one. Proud of a country created by the white man.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by DKJaleel: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
alienware: you need to get urself informed before coming here to call me a poor soul , abt 150 years ago those guys had already built steam fired trains and many machines, what have you been able to do with ur own RICH SOUL up till this moment ?
you are a m.oron and i dont blame you for that..go back and check your own history..250yrs ago, our ancestors had the ability to travel anywhere within minutes, before those guys even dreamt of using ordinary wagon...

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2013
Edoboy1: I have noticed this trend too. Its really annoying when you some of their portrays of Africa. At times, I will be so ashamed I will just put off the tv. [b]A friend of mine went abroad and he said the first question a man asked him there was how comfortable is it to sleep on trees? [/b]Can you imagine.

He should have played along and told the ignorant man about "Heffalumps and
woozles ".

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
alienware: Why are you guys so disturbed about BBC coverage on Africa ? The truth is we blacks can't uphold civilization.

What is civilization? You pathetic, misinformed creature. Define civilisation and realize how stupid you are.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: TVC NEWS is getting more international recognition if I'm right, you need to see the quality of news + graphics. I think in the next 5yrs, TVC NEWS will be rubbing shoulder with BBC. Channels sucks with their studio that looks like my grandpa's room grin

*NOTE: TVC NEWS is different from TVC
I've been meaning to ask this but don't know who to ask, the former broadcast only news 247, when I first saw it on startimes I was like 'is this the TVC?'... I bet the two is owned by the same person/people though.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bumdish: 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
LOL. The customer service operator just edited one of the many templates, clandestinely threw in the wildlife part and hit the Back to Sender Button....LOL. The other guy in CNN probably already created a rule for junk mails...LOL.
Bro, be the Mandela not the Mugabe. Do what the Arabians did with Al Jazeera, the Iranians with Press TV and the Chinese with CCTV but you COULD NOT DO with NTA.
Turn the Beam of Your Attention Inwards

3 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Guidette(f): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

See this one. Proud of a country created by the white man.
Stop hating.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by fedimol: 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
nnenna.1:

I guess no one caught the "shade" thrown there. grin

I didn't until I saw your post. What a diss. Africa=Wildlife=Safari=Hunger=Famine=War...

SMH

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by dlox147(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
alienware: you need to get urself informed before coming here to call me a poor soul , abt 150 years ago those guys had already built steam fired trains and many machines, what have you been able to do with ur own RICH SOUL up till this moment ?
would you own an AC if you live in the Arctic? Understand this, the whites and their media have made people like you hungry for what you don't really need. Africans had no need migrating to other places because, we really never had challenges with basic needs of life(food, shelter clothing etc). so the whites had this challenges thus the need to migrate to other regions to sources for this things? just like the Nigerian Biafran war, the Biafrans came up with the Ogbuniwge out of necessity.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
There are so many problems with Africa if we are to be truly honest with ourselves but I understand what the OP is trying to put across. He thinks BBC's report on Africa is biased but here are my thoughts

1) News generally are meant to be shocking, saddening and pitiful. If you go to BBC or CNN's website and read the local news, the news that mainly make headlines are deaths, catastrophes, scandals, etc. This is because as a society, we naturally crave for something shocking, hence why it is fed to us. This therefore means that coverage of positive things across Africa would most likely be shunned, not because of bias but because of human's nature to desire news that are pitiful and shocking.

2) If we think mainstream News broadcasters are not doing enough, we also can be journalists ourselves and enlighten the masses through all forms of media provided by the internet. Nowadays, people ( esp the young) mostly get their news feeds online, so Africans posting positive stories about their continent will go along way to change general bias about Africa. We shouldn't let other people report our stories for us.

3) Finally, if your western friends ask you if there are houses, planes and cars in Africa, just be sarcastic and informative about your reply.. Tell them you swarm Atlantic Ocean to be in USA, and that the swim was treacherous. lol Tell them you live in huts, hence all the snake bites they could see all over your body. grin grin grin .

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? / Awka, Eagles Hill And Ngozika Extension-photos / Lekki Gardens Managing Director Charged With Manslaughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.