Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" (25424 Views)

Well Built & Tastefully House For Sale @ Ifo, Ogun State For #15m. / Well Built 20rooms Self Contain Hostel Located In Ekosodin Uniben For Sale #19M / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bebe2(f): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
babe_online:
You dont get the point. The point is that whites simply want blacks to have low self esteem and inferiority complex that would make us not want to achieve while they on the other hand improve their self esteem with the insecurity of blacks and continue to achieve. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Hmmmm
I Smelt the coffee a long time ago dat na why I port. cheesy

Am not saying the whites are perfect. , but My pple are their own worse enemies. In every way or form if a white man hits u once expect the black man to hit u 20.

No Need to wallow in sef righteousness., we are no better. Direct the anger at ur greedy leaders
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
obyrich: White rat!
Come have some banana you hungry monkey.you deserve to be hanged stupid niqqa
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Arosa(m): 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
AS long as there are slums in Africa, BBC and CNN will keep on showing it for the world to see. If you don't like them airing it then destroy them and replace it with modern real estate. undecided Dubai used to be a fishing village, can CNN or BBC show you that village now without getting it from their archives? undecided
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Skinni10ne: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
lolade123:
He is an ignoramus, he doesn't know civilzation started from Africa even before Europe. Egypt have been practising agricultural mechanisation for 5000 years, ,where was Europe then. Am proud to be an African...

Why is it that Africans always bring up the past? We are almost in 2014 and still developing. Leave the past alone, leave Egypt alone...we are not Egyptians, they dont even want to be african. Leave white ppl alone and focus on yourselves as Nigerians and the present. What are we doing NOW to develop our country? What are you doing?

Instead of asking BBC to show different parts of Africa, why dont you question why those parts of Africa are there? Thats a backward way of thinking....thinking of effect instead of the cause. The images they show are reality, even if Nigeria was developed and they were showing those images, you should still ask yourself: why are they there?

Stop caring about what other people think about black ppl and focus!

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
Racist negro b!tch
I'm a proud racist! Yes! Infact I feel like ******* u right from the first post on the BBC/CNN saga. Get into your thick skull, I'll be part of those who will seek reparation from those wicked Europeans and if God wish, I may lead a violent revolution in this country against our 'acclaimed' leaders.
Africa should take her rightful position in the world!
I'm studying the works of Emperor Menalik, Emperor Ras Tafari (Haile Selassie) as a history student. I even want to hate on whites more than Hitler.
All blacks are not with black brain.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by loswhite(m): 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: What I sent to them include;

In fact if I were to base my entire knowledge of
Africa on what I see on those channels, I
wouldn't believe there was a single storey
building standing in the entire African
continent.
No wonder when I travel abroad many people
ask me questions like: ''Do you have cars in
Nigeria?'' ''Do you live in proper houses there?''
''Wow! You mean you have computers there?
Phones too?? Internet! I had no idea!''
Or if they don't ask, they generally give you
this condescending look that says ''we know
you must be glad to escape your mud hut and
lions to come out here... and we know you're
not thinking of going back.''.
Quite sad really. This distorted image of the
continent accounts for much of the racism and
prejudice faced by Africans across the globe.

Other things I've never seen on western
channels in relation to Africa:
- Tarred roads/expressways with cars on them
- Banks
- Universities/higher institutions
- High rises/skyscrapers
- Large numbers of well dressed, well-to-do
people
- Traditional festivals
- Airports
- Nightclubs, restaurants, bars
etc etc

ppl still ask u this question after southAfrica hosted worldcup dat was successful...hmm which place u travel go sef wen dem dey ask u dis kind question ?
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by obyrich(m): 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
Come have some banana you hungry monkey.you deserve to be hanged stupid niqqa
Banana taunt is cliché-ridden. Try and update. I keep WHITE RABBITS on my farm and I kill 'em for lunch!

4 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by validplanet: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You see what centuries of white propaganda has done to this poor soul?

No knowledge of his own history. No self esteem.

Probably hates the color of his skin, the texture of his hair, etc.

Look, i don't blame the bbc at all. just yesterday i was taking a walk down the streets in umuahia capital city and i kept wondering why our people like a disorganized wretched looking environment. the governor just demolished the city market and the surrounding attachments that make the inhabitants of umuahia look very wretched and hopeless. still every evening u will see pple carry their goods and display on the roads, blocking free flow of traffic.

btw, how good was oshodi looking b4 governor fashola came to bring sanity. and this is a city center where a first time visitor will use to access the standard of life in the city. the kind of scenes we have here must be shocking to Americans and Europeans. maybe bbc is reporting what they see.

thing are changing anyway...

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by dasparrow: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Gee, thanks! Maybe in between your broadcasts of the Serengeti, you can show a human being that isn't starving, or in a war! grin

Anyone remember Welcome to Lagos? Where the BBC went to refuse dumps to interview people, and then broadcast it all over the world as representative of Nigeria?

Not a single office worker was interviewed. Not a single office building was shown. Not a single university was shown (or any students). Not a single HOUSE was shown (just illegal shacks). Not a single restaurant. Store. Supermarket. Paved road. Etc. The series was over five hours long and they spent 50% of it at a refuse dump. After it aired, the British High Commissioner to Nigeria had to issue a formal apology. grin

I am really struggling hard to imagine the BBC broadcasting a Welcome to London, where they film the entire series in piles of rubbish, and in council houses, without showing anything else. Can you imagine it? Yeah, didn't think so. cheesy

Why do they do this? Because it is fundamental to white people's self esteem to imagine black people to be at the bottom.

For their fantasy of genetic/cultural superiority to work, there must be a group to be superior to. For centuries, they have been trained to believe that Africans (and African descended people) are the proof that they are superior. Anything that contradicts this image is ignored, discredited, or laughed at.

It doesn't make them bad people, it is just the way they are. They can't help it.

Just ignore them. Focus on growing African media (Nollywood, News, Comedy, Music, Fashion, etc) so that we can tell (and sell) our own stories to the world. When young Europeans start spending N100,000 on African hair extensions, you will know that we have won. grin

If you are waiting for white people to stop being ignorant racists, you will be waiting for an eternity. But in the spirit of Nelson Mandela, let's forgive them and move on.

You have said it all. Nothing more to add, nothing more to subtract. This is why most white people are on my ignore list. They have a toxic mindset where black people are concerned and I just cannot deal with their level of ignorance and stupidity not to mention the racist genes they have within them.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
I learnt is your Tinubu Jagabandit at least he invest something in Nigeria
Mzsolex: I've been meaning to ask this but don't know who to ask, the former broadcast only news 247, when I first saw it on startimes I was like 'is this the TVC?'... I bet the two is owned by the same person/people though.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: I'm a proud racist! Yes! Infact I feel like ******* u right from the first post on the BBC/CNN saga. Get into your thick skull, I'll be part of those who will seek reparation from those wicked Europeans and if God wish, I may lead a violent revolution in this country against our 'acclaimed' leaders.
Africa should take her rightful position in the world!
I'm studying the works of Emperor Menalik, Emperor Ras Tafari (Haile Selassie) as a history student. I even want to hate on whites more than Hitler.
All blacks are not with black brain.
My uncle used to say "the darker your skin,the darker your brain".You have nothing to offer so stop feeling important negro.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
obyrich: Banana taunt is cliché-ridden. Try and update. I keep WHITE RABBITS on my farm and I kill 'em for lunch!
But i can't tolerate hungry Apes like you.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Arosa(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
My uncle used to say "the darker your skin,the darker your brain".You have nothing to offer so stop feeling important negro.

your uncle was a daft kunt before he died right?

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by moshino(m): 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: I was aggrieved when I read this topic www.nairaland.com/1529492/ever-seen-well-built-african-house
I copied BBC and I told them if they did not forward my complain to the appropriate person, they will rot in hell. I also sent a copy of that to CNN but I haven't hear from them.
Here is the reply from BBC via bbc_complaints_website@bbc.co.uk

Dear Mr. Ogunsola

Reference CAS-2428933-TJJY8Y

Thanks for contacting the BBC.

We understand you feel there has been a lack of coverage of Africa in our output, we note you feel the BBC should feature more aspects of Africa in broadcasts to inform and educate audience members.

In our output we strive to provide a range of subjects and issues, we are always working to inform audience members of issues from all locations. The BBC has broadcast programmes and reports on Africa and its wildlife recently but we certainly will take on board your suggestion.

We are grateful that you've taken the time to put your suggestion forward and be assured that your comments will be registered on our audience log.

This is an internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are made available across the BBC.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Tanya McKee

BBC Complaints

'heard'
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by nagoma(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: " The BBC has broadcast programmes and reports on Africa and its wildlife recently but we certainly will take on board your suggestion."

BBC Complaints
You have got their honest response , BBC and similar organizations see Africa basically as a "wildlife continent " and that includes your governments and tribal wars. They will not bother to comment about those things you see as civilization. As far as they are concerned civilization and Africa are thousands of miles apart.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ifex370(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
op has a point... i have never seen aljazeera show a weather report concerning west africa... only north and south
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Arosa:

your uncle was a daft kunt before he died right?
Go to hell.unworthy chimp
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
I'm not feeling important, I AM IMPORTANT both in the sight of God and man.
Hello? Do anybody know u exist? If u die today who's gonna feel ur absence? grin
Who is that ur uncle? Gone are those stone age where all white feel they are important.
YOU ARE NOBODY!

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Ipheyemmy01(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Yesterday my dad was telling how he hates watching aljazeera because they never see anything good about africa. He stopped watching it during our independence, did you know it was never mentioned that Nigeria (most populated black nation) is celebrating independence in any of there news bulletin or any progrmme, but if boko( book)-haram or niger deltal militant should strike they will be the first to brocast it. Pls stop this sentiment and racism and let's make the world a better place to live.
#Team Naija 4 lyf.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
It is obvious that most of you including the OP don't know what this topic entail and the serious academic discourse it can triggar. You have been saying irrelevant things. This topic should explain why there appears to be a tilt in the flow of information from the developed world against the third world countries, Africa especially.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Arosa(m): 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
Go to hell.unworthy chimp

And you are a disgusting "worthy"chimp poo. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by yfo: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
alienware: you need to get urself informed before coming here to call me a poor soul , abt 150 years ago those guys had already built steam fired trains and many machines, what have you been able to do with ur own RICH SOUL up till this moment ?

instead of you to accept that u an ignoramus, you came back and confirmed that fact like a lil school boy that u are.

first of all, we africans were almost on par with the europeans in terms of organisation and development.
then we got enslaved for centuries and the productive youth that would have developed us further were taken over there to work on their fields and provide food for them while their mind was freed up to advance more without worry.
if u are not proud enough of your skin to remember events such as these then there is always the michael jackson route...and take the friend who liked your post with u.

*r.i.p to m.j as that route was forced upon u*

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bebe2(f): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Skinni10ne:

Why is it that Africans always bring up the past? We are almost in 2014 and still developing. Leave the past alone, leave Egypt alone...we are not Egyptians, they dont even want to be african. Leave white ppl alone and focus on yourselves as Nigerians and the present. What are we doing NOW to develop our country? What are you doing?

Instead of asking BBC to show different parts of Africa, why dont you question why those parts of Africa are there? Thats a backward way of thinking....thinking of effect instead of the cause. The images they show are reality, even if Nigeria was developed and they were showing those images, you should still ask yourself: why are they there?

How else can dey justify their evil deeds.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: I'm not feeling important, I AM IMPORTANT both in the sight of God and man.
Hello? Do anybody know u exist? If u die today who's gonna feel ur absence? grin
Who is that ur uncle? Gone are those stone age where all white feel they are important.
YOU ARE NOBODY!
Ok chocolate.show me your tail please
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Skinni10ne: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
y-fo:

if u are not proud enough of your skin to remember events such as these then there is always the michael jackson route...and take the friend who liked your post with u.

If i may ask, what has remembering these events done to develop our country?

What we need to do is to stop holding on to the past and move forward. Too much remembering going on and no actions.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bebe2(f): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
Skinni10ne:

How else can dey justify their evil deeds. See who dey are asking. Uk wey dey jail mp for £80 fraudulent expenses claim.

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Skinni10ne: 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
bebe2:

How else can dey justify their evil deeds.

Hmm
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ifex370(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2013
Orlando Owoh: It is obvious that most of you including the OP don't know what this topic entail and the serious academic discourse it can triggar. You have been saying irrelevant things. This topic should explain why there appears to be a tilt in the flow of information from the developed world against the third world countries, Africa especially.
like it or not,what op said is the truth... these guys a great masterminds of evil...what do they do

they allow us fight each other,and then cart away with our natural resources, that has been their plan from day 1.... dont be a fool,look at what they did in libya,cote de ivoire,nigeria,central african republic...open your eyes pal

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
Oloriburu ni awon iran e! Oko (mutor) ni yii o pa o!
Now lemme face u, I dnt blame u, I blame our leaders for these whores.

Whites looks like watery creamy poo to me.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: Oloriburu ni awon iran e! Oko (mutor) ni yii o pa o!
Now lemme face u, I dnt blame u, I blame our leaders for these whores.

Whites looks like watery creamy poo to me.
Go and take your bath first.you stinking niqqa
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ifex370(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
dude,give it a rest already no one is interested...

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bebe2(f): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
validplanet:

Look, i don't blame the bbc at all. just yesterday i was taking a walk down the streets in umuahia capital city and i kept wondering why our people like a disorganized wretched looking environment. the governor just demolished the city market and the surrounding attachments that make the inhabitants of umuahia look very wretched and hopeless. still every evening u will see pple carry their goods and display on the roads, blocking free flow of traffic.

btw, how good was oshodi looking b4 governor fashola came to bring sanity. and this is a city center where a first time visitor will use to access the standard of life in the city. the kind of scenes we have here must be shocking to Americans and Europeans. maybe bbc is reporting what they see.

thing are changing anyway...

Pls sir its d white mans fault o, they are suppose to fly down every morning to sweep and tidy up our surroundings . And also drag us out of our beds every morning so we can keep appointments. And not be 3hrs late shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lekki Gardens Managing Director Charged With Manslaughter / Awka, Eagles Hill And Ngozika Extension-photos / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.