Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" (25421 Views)

Well Built & Tastefully House For Sale @ Ifo, Ogun State For #15m. / Well Built 20rooms Self Contain Hostel Located In Ekosodin Uniben For Sale #19M / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by sethken: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
achi4u: Thank you brother. I like ur last two answers to the whitegrin

Yes, the Western media focus on the negative, but why won't they when the bulk of the continent is still dependent on Western aid to fight diseases and other socioeconomic problems. I am going to be honest, sometimes it is very difficult to focus on a few well built and nicely styled houses you see in Nigeria and other African countries, when the vast majority of the populace live in shacks. The shacks and deplorable homes take your eyes away from the so called nice houses. The only way we gain respect and international attention is to carry everyone along as a people. A Nigeria where a very few live in nice and well built homes will remain a laughing stock on the international stage. We are our own enemies.You have to give the white man credit. He hates to see another white person live in squalor and penury. He carries everyone along. The white man even assist those who refuse to move up the socioeconomic ladder. Unless we start doing that as a people, our very few high rise buildings and nice homes that belong to the less than the 1% will never attract any attention. All it does is show the world that a few of us live off the coffers of the government, while the majority languish. If we want to see positive things on BBC and CNN, we have to move everyone along. Unless we begin to do that, it will be impossible for any objective mind to ignore the quagmire that stares you in the face as soon as you land in Lagos, or any other Nigerian city, it is practically impossible.

I will sum this up by stating this: I visited the Owerri General Hospital last year. I was moved to tears. An average Westerner will not allow his dog or cat to be treated there. We are our own enemies. I will care less about a handful of nice houses I saw in Nigeria over what I witnessed at this so called hospital. We are moving at a snail pace as a people. Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria is too vast for a black brain to manage. That maybe a topic for another time. For now, there is nothing to be proud about.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by tonychristopher: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
alienware: Why are you guys so disturbed about BBC coverage on Africa ? The truth is we blacks can't uphold civilization.

MY BROTHER YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL...BLACKMAN HAS A BLACK MIND...LOOK AT OTHER CONTINENTS IT'S ONLY BLACKS THAT IS ALWAYS DERIDED...A COUNTRY SOMEONE WILL STEAL SO MUCH AND PACK ALL THE MONEY IN SWITZERLAND FOR THEM TO USE AND DO BUSINESS. BLACK MAN IS AN IDIOT. THE WOMEN WILL BLEACH SO MUCH TO LOOK LIKE WHITE. WHEN A NIGERIAN PRODUCES SOMETHING THEY CALL IT IGBO MADE. LOOK AT INNOSSON CARS NO BODY WILL WANT TO SUPPORT HIM,WHY? COS HE IS AN IGBO MAN..SO TRIBALIST AND FETISH. NOW WHY CAN'T THEY SEE US AS STUPID . ALL WE KNOW HOW TO DO IS STEAL AND PARTY NO THINKING. NOW TELL ME WHY A COUNTRY AS HUGE AS NIGERIAN CAN'T EVEN REFINE COMMON CRUDE OIL. WHAT THE IGBOS WERE DOING SELF HANDEDLY FORTY YEARS AGO ...SIMPLE FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION. YOU KNOW SOMETIMES I ASK MYSELF WHY IS NEGRO LIKE THIS. DO YOU KNOW THE POOREST COUNTRY IN WESTERN HEMISPHERE? IT'S HAITI AND IT'S A BLACK COUNTRY. WHAT DO YOU SEE IN AFRICA ...? WARS,FAMINE ETC AND THAT IS TRUE. LOOK AT BOKO HARAM ? LOOK AT CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC,LOOK AT MALI THEN LOOK AT STUPID ZIMBABWE. THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS IF WE CAN'T COPY CHINESE LET'S COPY EMIRATES AND INDIANS. BUT NO BLACK MAN WANTS TO STEAL AND DRINK SCOTCH. WE DO TAKE PRIDE IN WEARING VERSACE BUT WHEN GIVEN A NIGERIAN CLOTHES WE CALL IT IGBO MADE. BUT FORGETTING THAT WHEN YOU SUPPORT THESE LOCAL PRODUCTS THEY PERFECT.CAN THEY PAINT CHINA IN THAT PICTURE ? OUR LEADERS ARE SO INEPT THAT ALL THEY THINK IS POLITICS ....BASIC THINGS WE ARE NOT HAVING. MY DEAR IF YOU ARE OPPORTUNED TO TRAVEL AND SEE ORGANIZATION THEN YOU HATE AFRICA. LOOK AT BRAZIL LOOK AT MALAYSIA LOOK AT TURKEY .....WE DESERVE IT. WE HATE ORGANIZATION BUT LOVE MUSIC,PARTYING AND STEALING. TELL ME WHY CAN'T NIGERIA BE A BEACON. WHAT DO YOU GET BUNCH OF IDIOTS AND TRIBALIST HERE HATING EACH OTHER AND BEING TOKENISTIC IN THEIR APPROACH THAT'S A BLACK MAN. I THINK THE AVERAGE BLACK MAN CAN'T UPHOLD CIVILIzation.tell me why can't the western media paint us Africans in bad light. thank lord that Chinese are helping us,otherwise we are done as a continent

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ghostofsparta(m): 1:32am On Dec 10, 2013
DK Jaleel:
250yrs ago, our ancestors had the ability to travel anywhere within minutes, before those guys even dreamt of using ordinary wagon...
maclatunji:
But...but even with all of this "superior technology" of our ancestors, the Europeans still defeated them.

DK Jaleel:
how that happened is still a mystery...

DK Jaleel:
250yrs ago, our ancestors had the ability to travel anywhere within minutes, before those guys even dreamt of using ordinary wagon...
That's a misconception. Not everyone constituting as our ancestors could do those feat, if I'm right about what I think you are referring to. Only very few members of clan under a tribe under an ethnicity belonging to a race who are master or have mastered or have been initiated into certain aspect of a particular aspect within a branch of what I am sure should be termed African sciences.

maclatunji:
But...but even with all of this "superior technology" of our ancestors, the Europeans still defeated them.
And I thought you were intelligent, does technological superiority assures victory and even if it does, must it necessary be channeled for conquest? Subdue those perceived to be weak? Go and read Gwen Dyer 'War'.

DK Jaleel:
how that happened is still a mystery...
There's no mystery. Folks in southern part of Nigeria just acquire education, only extremely few can analyse. You and MacLatunji should process this:

Premise 1: (FACT): America/Europe have nuclear arsenal today.

Premise 2: (SUPPOSITION): Invading aliens from outerspace armed with antiquated technologies and weapons, but used a kind of manipulations and deceptions never experienced before to invade, subdue, colonize and brainwash Euro-america.

Premise 3 (A FUTURE MUST):
Bob: “Our ancestors had means of fast transporting themselves using aircrafts, some were even developing means of nuclear powered types to safely covers lengthy distance in seconds”
Harry: “Shut up, if our forefathers had nuclear capability, why then were they
defeated?”
Bob: How that happened is still a mystery.

Point is, not everyone had access to powerful African science such as the teleport juju which the Yorubas call 'ofe' just like not every European or American person have access to nuclear warhead. Another fact is most of ancestral forefathers hoarded numerous esoteric knowledge (african science eka juju)

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2013
the only thing western stations show about Africa is lions killing buffalos, monkeys mating, drought, aids, people dying and wars.

and they don't forget to show the foreign aid they supply to make themselves feel good.

there is this story of a Nigerian kid born in the US, her parents told her they were coming to Nigeria and she was crying........she said she cant go to a place where ppl live on trees, her cousin that lives in Nigeria wanted to tease her and she said yeah we all live on trees, the richest ppl live on the tallest trees, you remember when your president travelled to Nigeria, we put him on tallest tree.................and the girl was like ...wow that's nice......I tell you the average American is ignorant.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
rigormortis: the only thing western stations show about Africa is lions killing buffalos, monkeys mating, drought, aids, people dying and wars.

and they don't forget to show the foreign aid they supply to make themselves feel good.

there is this story of a Nigerian kid born in the US, her parents told her they were coming to Nigeria and she was crying........she said she cant go to a place where ppl live on trees, her cousin that lives in Nigeria wanted to tease her and she said yeah we all live on trees, the richest ppl live on the tallest trees, you remember when your president travelled to Nigeria, we put him on tallest tree.................and the girl was like ...wow that's nice......I tell you the average American is ignorant.

rotflmao
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by davidif: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2014
yfo:

instead of you to accept that u an ignoramus, you came back and confirmed that fact like a lil school boy that u are.

first of all, we africans were almost on par with the europeans in terms of organisation and development.
then we got enslaved for centuries and the productive youth that would have developed us further were taken over there to work on their fields and provide food for them while their mind was freed up to advance more without worry.
if u are not proud enough of your skin to remember events such as these then there is always the michael jackson route...and take the friend who liked your post with u.

*r.i.p to m.j as that route was forced upon u*

Hahahaha, were did you get this stupidity?
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by maxit2(m): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2014
neohitler:
Stop flattering yourself.white is beautiful and God is white.go back to your jungle.

@Seun wetin you dey smoke ?

Why is this murrafucking racist still in Nairaland.

Just search his username and see the kind of things he has been posting.... Jeezz!
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by maxit2(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2014
neohitler:
Ok chocolate.show me your tail please

@Seun,
Ban this guy before i ban you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lekki Gardens Managing Director Charged With Manslaughter / Awka, Eagles Hill And Ngozika Extension-photos / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.