Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" (25423 Views)

Well Built & Tastefully House For Sale @ Ifo, Ogun State For #15m. / Well Built 20rooms Self Contain Hostel Located In Ekosodin Uniben For Sale #19M / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by mavister(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: Lemme reserve a space in case it makes the FP. grin

FP tinz!!! Oh Glory glory glory to the Lord!!!

First I will like to thank my gf 'Morenike Adediran' for being their for me all this while that I've complained of no making the front page, I love u and now that I'm on the front page I'll like to dedicate it to you.

Secondly to my Daddy in the Lord Pastor E.A Adeboye for his prayers.

Thirdly to my fellow nairalanders.

nairalanders have one mentality of always creating a funny scene whenever a thread of theirs hits the front page or when they are the first to post on a thread.. When i see such i keep asking myself..what the oh so big deal in that? Fine it made front page..no hard feelings but its rather childish saying 'i dedicate this to my pastor' did u win a contract? Jeez... Dis is the kinda attitude that makes these same whites spit on us... I expect a change honestly

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
nnenna.1:

I guess no one caught the "shade" thrown there. grin

if they had half the wit to pull up that excuse for an education they would have
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by fyneguy: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
The earlier Nigerians wake up from their sleep the better for them.

You want the western media to portray Africa as good and habitable? No They wont.

There is a global economic war among countries and/or continents. All available resources and channels are being deployed to fight the war.
Hence the more Nigeria/Africa is de-marketed, the better for certain economies. They know the threat posed by Africa in global economy, if her potentials and beauty are marketed to the rest of the world.

The bottomline is for African countries to realize they are in a war with others and endeavor to showcase and market themselves to the world. Nobody will help you tell your stories.

5 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by 4reigningqueen: 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2013
thisisayus: Be sure that I told them what you dnt even expect I will tell, in as much as my friends ask me to stop saying and hating on whites, I'll keep saying I'm a racist and hate everything white, I'm studying history and I knw the damages these pple have/and are still doing to us read "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" by Walter Roodney, that explains my hate for European League. I've never watched it! These pple hate us and here we are celebrating them. "We bought Rooney at the rate of $20" do they know u exist!? Mctcheew

Is this Ayodele Ogunsola,
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
OP, it's unecessary for you to have gone to the extent of asking BBC such a question. Believe me, what you got as a response will be all you'll get in this. Yes, the media, and BBC in particular, plays a prominent role in world politics, but we're in the 21st century. We can set up our own media houses that can compete with BBC and CNN. In the 1970s and 1980s, third world countries under the New World Information Communication Order (NWICO) tried to address the tilt which is always against them by the developed word media. This was then. Why can't Africa have its own media houses that can compete with those of the United States and Europe? Must we always watch them give us their own side of whom we are? Asia has freed itself from this tilt with CCTV, NDTV and CNC; and the Middle East with Aljazeera. These media houses broadcast in Chinese, Arabic, Punjab, English, French, etc and have their correspondents across countries like the BBC and CNN. What is Africa doing? eAfrica in South Africa is doing a good job. But it still needs to improve on having more correspondents across countries.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
Babalegba: Nigeria is being overrun by delusional clowns, so yoou guys want the BBC to play the part of the ostrich. A country that is yet to achieve civilization as evidenced by a leader telling a follower to go and die and also some security men stuffing pepper inside a womans reproductive cavity wants to be portrayed as civilised and with cities brimming with inspiring architecture. So many Nigerians have no sense of shame. You can build four tiny shops and call it a shopping mall but all you've still got are four tiny shops. A nation of arrogant religious savages.

I'm glad that i'm not the only one who feel this way.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by lockedOut: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2013
alienware: The black man keeps blaming the white for all their misfortunes, instead of educating their citizens and try to boost their economy. They are blaming the white man for the problems.

Oga is blaming a white man for lying now a bad thing? Seems you don't understand the basis for the OP's grouse with the BBC. Sit down, relax and read through again before commenting because I think you are getting it all wrong.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by maclatunji: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
DK Jaleel:
you are a and i dont blame you for that..go back and check your own history..250yrs ago, our ancestors had the ability to travel anywhere within minutes, before those guys even dreamt of using ordinary wagon...

But...but even with all of this "superior technology" of our ancestors, the Europeans still defeated them.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
alienware: The black man keeps blaming the white for all their misfortunes, instead of educating their citizens and try to boost their economy. They are blaming the white man for the problems.

Oh lawd! Have been trying quite to ignore ur posts, but you are quite a stu.pid one.

You were obviously home-schooled or is it that you were never taught comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
nnenna.1:

Lol. I was beginning to wonder the same. That was a witty subliminal. Lol.

Truth is, UK is trash, old and dying. They are trying hard to keep grasp of past glory but it is slithering away by the minutes. You should see how they are regarded here in Europe. Even China is making fun of them.

UK would become a third world country in the coming 40 years or something...and they know it.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by khattab02: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
[quote author=Edoboy1]I have noticed this trend too. Its really annoying when you some of their portrays of Africa. At times, I will be so ashamed I will just put off the tv. A friend of mine went abroad and he said the first question a man asked him there was how comfortable is it to sleep on trees? Can you imagine. [/qu ote] chei! We are suffering ooo.. both home and abroad. Lol
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2013
Keep blaming whites for your backwardness.stupid Africans

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
lolade123:
He is an ignoramus, he doesn't know civilzation started from Africa even before Europe. Egypt have been practising agricultural mechanisation for 5000 years, ,where was Europe then. Am proud to be an African...
Egyptians are not blacks.dumb niqqa
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
4reigningqueen:

Yes ma/sir
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by PeroRemzy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bandit C.:

Truth is, UK is trash, old and dying. They are trying hard to keep grasp of past glory but it is slithering away by the minutes. You should see how they are regarded here in Europe. Even China is making fun of them.

UK would become a third world country in the coming 40 years or something...and they know it.
.....u tink UK is NIGERIA abi, dey dere dey wait mek dem waste in 40 yrs tym.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by khattab02: 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
chei! See how some have twisted the thread and insulting africans even when they don't know much about them. Na wa oo..
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ceejayluv(m): 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
lolade123:
He is an ignoramus, he doesn't know civilzation started from Africa even before Europe. Egypt have been practising agricultural mechanisation for 5000 years, ,where was Europe then. Am proud to be an African...
I get am before.... (complete the rest)
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2013
4reigningqueen:

Yes ma/sir. Do I know you or do u know me?
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bebe2(f): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
ceejayluv:
I get am before.... (complete the rest)

No Be property grin grin
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by DKJaleel: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
maclatunji:

But...but even with all of this "superior technology" of our ancestors, the Europeans still defeated them.
how that happened is still a mystery...

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Fortune02(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
BBC, CNN and the like should go and listen to "The Danger Of A Single Story" by Chimamanda Adichie and appreciate Africa. Proudly African. #TeamAfrica!
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Excellent7(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
nnenna.1:

On point there!
This response does not cut it!!
OP was talking of balanced reporting and the BBC guys are talking of wildlife!!! grin grin grin
To them I guess most of Africa is a huge wild game reserve and dilapidation.
I give up.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by bebe2(f): 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bandit C.:

Ok If it makes u feel better u can believe wateva u want. But dat is not ggoing to change reality.

Which country in europe no get regard for uk? D same europe wey africans dey run frm come uk? D number of pple I know dat are moving to uk now is unbelievable. In europe u just dey exist una no get say for wetin dey happen. Come uk here we dey follow oyinbo drag their country sef cheesy ,

Too many things make me love this pple just as I will not watch anyone insult my family so will I not watch ignorant pple pour mud on this great country.

If u are yet to enjoy the benefit of living in the west keep praying for God to shine his light on u and use them to bless u not bad mouthing them be cos were u r is no better than d uk

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2013
Ayus thanks for making BBC know that not every black/African person have been completely brainwashed by them.

Atleast your question has made them know that some of us are watching them and know that they are just hypocrite devils.

Alienware and others: Educate yourselves.

Kairoseki and others: Ignore the ignorance of the ignorant.

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by ITbomb(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
.it vex me to be seeing Nigerian Banks waste money on CNN when they are reporting next to nothing good about ur country
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2013
babe_online: Ayus thanks for making BBC know that not every black/African person have been completely brainwashed by them.

Atleast your question has made them know that some of us are watching them and know that they are just hypocrite devils.

[size=2pt]Seriously tho, mess those whites.[/size] sad angry cry
Racist negro b!tch
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 08, 2013
bebe2:

Ok If it makes u feel better u can believe wateva u want. But dat is not ggoing to change reality.

Which country in europe no get regard for uk? D same europe wey africans dey run frm come uk? D number of pple I know dat are moving to uk now is unbelievable. In europe u just dey exist una no get say for wetin dey happen. Come uk here we dey follow oyinbo drag their country sef cheesy , come see
You dont get the point. The point is that whites simply want blacks to have low self esteem and inferiority complex that would make us not want to achieve while they on the other hand improve their self esteem with the insecurity of blacks and continue to achieve. Wake up and smell the coffee.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thanks jawe.
babe_online: Ayus thanks for making BBC know that not every black/African person have been completely brainwashed by them.

[size=2pt]Seriously tho, mess those whites.[/size] sad angry cry
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
Racist negro b!tch
Hitler watch it. What ever happened to German forums, huh??

1 Like

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by obyrich(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
neohitler:
Racist negro b!tch
White rat!

5 Likes

Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by prof800(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Intetesting!

----
OP. I've read Walter Rodney's book and it is only a gullible mind that would be swayed by the content of that book.
NOBODY underdeveloped anybody.!
Why do we Africans always look for someone to blame for our predicaments.
Why can we not take a cue from Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Some of us claim to love him but we do not follow his tenets...his teachings..his exemplary feat of peace, forgiveness and sacrificial leadership.
Re: BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" by neohitler(m): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
babe_online:
Hitler watch it. What ever happened to German forums, huh??
Go fvck yourself.Ape

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lekki Gardens Managing Director Charged With Manslaughter / Awka, Eagles Hill And Ngozika Extension-photos / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.