Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,109 members, 7,845,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri (4527 Views)

Rivers Rerun: PDP Berates INEC Over The Spate Of Inconclusive Elections / Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / Clash Between Yoruba And Hausas' In Yaba. -true? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by collynzo2(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2013
berem: You think its only the hausas that have monopoly to violence? Is there any part of this country or in diaspora an Igbo man has migrated to that you haven't heard of crimes committed by an Igbo man? Just as an Igbo man is business oriented,so is the hausa man.
Someone is talking about violence, you are talking about crime, what is the violent nature of the crimes commited by Igbos in those places?
You never fail to cease an opportunity to bash Igbos, yet you claim to be one.
Go and get a brain transplant.

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by shadydeals: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: ... I, personally have no problem with them relocating and residing in Igboland, so long they dont bring their 'bloodlust' and Fanaticism with them....
What if that is the fear the op is expressing? Remember he said that he saw a group of hausa boys linching an ibo boy somewhere around nekede.

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by kettykin: 9:13am On Dec 09, 2013
Perhaps, it is on the basis of the rising population of this community which has become a melting pot for people from almost all parts of the country that the leadership of the cattle market association, had since called on the Abia state government to create a political ward in the market to give the traders the opportunity to vote during general elections

Did anyone else notice this, this reminded me of the mistake of jos, from asking for a political ward they would move to councillorship and to local government and before you get the joke Abia will now be like plateau.

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Abagworo(m): 9:21am On Dec 09, 2013
kettykin:

Did anyone else notice this, this reminded me of the mistake of jos, from asking for a political ward they would move to councillorship and to local government and before you get the joke Abia will now be like plateau.

I still don't think there's anything wrong with that. There's crisis in Plateau because of Nigerian politics of tribalism and. Religious intolerance promoted by PDP. They campaign with tribe and religion and in that process cause disunity. Today they are doing Owerri vs Orlu in Imo State even though they are all Igbos.

It is better to let whoever wins majority votes no matter his ethnic group or religion to rule.

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by valicious1(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Are Hausas not Nigerians? They have the right to live anywhere they choose to. It's not your business. Go get a job.
Afam its you that seriously needs to get a job. Look, we all are Nigerians, we all know what's happening in Nigeria and we know who is who in Nigeria.
Their are certain groups and types of people one would mention and you won't need any professor to tutor you on the level of threats they can pose. Igbo people have been stereotyped to be shrewd and dubious when it comes to business dealings, yoruba people known to be very cunny and deceptive when dealing with other people.
Hausas are generally Aggresive and hostile and they can easily kill and destroy with little or no provocation. I vehemently understand op's fears and dismay pertaining this matter on ground because whenever you see these group of people flooding into one location like this, know that something is definitely gonna be at stake now or soonest.
Rochas okorocha kwesiri imuru anya becos ndi awusa di njo hoo haa and afam4eva u sef wey de tok like say u be saint suppose no wetin dey onboard.

3 Likes

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2013
kettykin:

They actually have a right to demand anything in an ideal settings. We may not like the way things has degenerated in Jos but the Hausas are right that they should be given equall rights as the indegenes of that state. That's how things are supposed to be.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2013
valicious1:
Afam its you that seriously needs to get a job. Look, we all are Nigerians, we all know what's happening in Nigeria and we know who is who in Nigeria.
Their are certain groups and types of people one would mention and you won't need any professor to tutor you on the level of threats they can pose. Igbo people have been stereotyped to be shrewd and dubious when it comes to business dealings, yoruba people known to be very cunny and deceptive when dealing with other people.
Hausas are generally Aggresive and hostile and they can easily kill and destroy with little or no provocation. I vehemently understand op's fears and dismay pertaining this matter on ground because whenever you see these group of people flooding into one location like this, know that something is definitely gonna be at stake now or soonest.
Rochas okorocha kwesiri imuru anya becos ndi awusa di njo hoo haa and afam4eva u sef wey de tok like say u be saint suppose no wetin dey onboard.
It's the duty of the police to maintain law and order. You don't cure a headache by cutting off the head. Hausa/Fulanis are Nigerians and can live wherever they want to.

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Ngokafor(f): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: Berem i'm beginning to doubt the authenticity of your Igboness, kam gwaziegi nke bu eziokwu. Inasmuch as i aint against you standing up for the ''truth'', there are certain things you type on this forum that depicts not the true trait of an 'Ada orlu' that you claim to be. Udo diri gi

..you really have time for clownish attention seekers..
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by valicious1(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's the duty of the police to maintain law and order. You don't cure a headache by cutting off the head. Hausa/Fulanis are Nigerians and can live wherever they want to.
Its also the duty of the police to curtail and checkmate suspicious influx of life threatening individuals into a given location especially when the chief security officer of the state is fully aware of this oncoming danger and doing nothing about it.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 9:41am On Dec 09, 2013
valicious1:
Its also the duty of the police to curtail and checkmate suspicious influx of life threatening individuals into a given location especially when the chief security officer of the state is fully aware of this oncoming danger and doing nothing about it.
The police should curtain the movement of a Nigerian within Nigerian? Are you kidding me?
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by gratiaeo(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2013
My own be say live and let live! Don't kill, ra.pe or destroy your host live stocks. We are one Nigeria no doubt about it, once they can do their normal business maintain peace (which i doubt) their is no problem
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by gratiaeo(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
The police should curtain the movement of a Nigerian within Nigerian? Are you kidding me?
"Agwa nti onughi ebere isi" em go follow
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by valicious1(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Curtail and CHECKMATE. Yes. Such suspicious large influx of hausa's at the same time into owerri should be checkmated if not restricted. For God's sake 2015 is around the corner, everybody should be on alert.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by asha80(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2013
Abagworo:

I still don't think there's anything wrong with that. There's crisis in Plateau because of Nigerian politics of tribalism and. Religious intolerance promoted by PDP. They campaign with tribe and religion and in that process cause disunity. Today they are doing Owerri vs Orlu in Imo State even though they are all Igbos.

It is better to let whoever wins majority votes no matter his ethnic group or religion to rule.
funny you are now saying judging from what you used to say prior to 2011 elections in imo where you said that okigwe zone be allowed to finish its four years through ohakim after orlu zone was 'allowed' the same time for udenwa.https://www.nairaland.com/asha%202/posts
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Ddaji(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2013
@ op my sincere advise to you is to deport those Hausas back to their state.Have you ever been to out of ibo land.in sokoto the present councillor of rijiya ward is an ibo man,the Special adviser to the governor on non resident community is an ibo man and your people are enjoying free education in the state like indigenes.Ibos Kidnapped and collected N5o million from the family of late Abu Dankure(an associate of the Gov),just on saturday they kidnapped and release a state house of assmbly member.There is no village or harmet, that you will not find an ibo in the state.To be honest with you they threat to us.Crime rate like arm robbery is high in the state due to the large presence of ibos in the state.pls.let the deportation begins,I promise you it will be a blessing for us.I belief you are a lion in the cage

4 Likes

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: funny you are now saying judging from what you used to say prior to 2011 elections in imo where you said that okigwe zone be allowed to finish its four years through ohakim after orlu zone was 'allowed' the same time for udenwa.https://www.nairaland.com/asha%202/posts
Hypocrisy Unlimited grin People no longer have shame in this country.

Abagworo:
I personally would have loved to see Rochas there but we Igbos say "Uka akparakpa Isi ka eji ekwe ya".So the rotation agreement deserves to be honored for the good of us all.

If elected Ararume will out-perform Ohakim though.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by gratiaeo(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: funny you are now saying judging from what you used to say prior to 2011 elections in imo where you said that okigwe zone be allowed to finish its four years through ohakim after orlu zone was 'allowed' the same time for udenwa.https://www.nairaland.com/asha%202/posts
That guy is a funny creature, public joker and a liar. I stopped taking him serious after 2011 election
Hear him:
Abagworo: What most people have failed to understand is that APGA is an Anambra party not the entire Igbo. They have zero influence in any other SE state. As for Rochas,he is definitely going to loose because he is from Orlu. Orlu has to wait for 12 years to produce another Governor.Any Governor for 2011 must be from Okigwe zone and 2015-2023 from Owerri zone.

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Akshow: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2013
Controversy:

I hope you will still say the same thing when they start unleashing mayhem in the state with their cow
gosh! This gal, u are so filled with hate and bigotry. Smh4u

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by donphilopus: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2013
asha 80: egbira man kwa?
I'm not an Egbira man oo! But we understand each other! I'm an Edolite.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Brimmie(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
It always comes down to PDP. You can't impregante your wife, it's PDP. You failed your exam, it's PDP. Your money is missing, it's PDP. What has PDP got to do with a supposed influx of Hausas into Owerri? Jeez!!!
??
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Brimmie(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
It always comes down to PDP. You can't impregante your wife, it's PDP. You failed your exam, it's PDP. Your money is missing, it's PDP. What has PDP got to do with a supposed influx of Hausas into Owerri? Jeez!!!
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2013
Ddaji: @ op my sincere advise to you is to deport those Hausas back to their state.Have you ever been to out of ibo land.in sokoto the present councillor of rijiya ward is an ibo man,the Special adviser to the governor on non resident community is an ibo man and your people are enjoying free education in the state like indigenes.Ibos Kidnapped and collected N5o million from the family of late Abu Dankure(an associate of the Gov),just on saturday they kidnapped and release a state house of assmbly member.There is no village or harmet, that you will not find an ibo in the state.To be honest with you they threat to us.Crime rate like arm robbery is high in the state due to the large presence of ibos in the state.pls.let the deportation begins,I promise you it will be a blessing for us.I belief you are a lion in the cage
Yeah thats true, a friend of mine also told me that the sokoto state governor has a special adviser that is an ibo. Oshiomole of edo state once appointed an ibo as the commissioner of education, even Lagos state also has an ibo commissioner. Millions of ibos live and work outside iboland but they wouldnt permit the same for others. Can you image one dolt here refering to the influx of hausas into imo state as a security threat

2 Likes

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 09, 2013
The number of ibos residing in kano is higher than ebonyi state which is an ibo state. A local government ward in sokoto state has a councillor that is an ibo, The governor os sokoto state has a ibo special adviser. Edo state once had an ibo commissioner and Lagos state presently has a ibo commissioner too. Why cant all these be replicated in alaibo also?

1 Like

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by vislabraye(m): 11:08am On Dec 09, 2013
From what I think, the Op wouldn't complain if people from other tribes troop in droves to Owerri. Tho Hausas are free to live anywhere, there should be some caution because of BH issues and their tendency to be violent.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Abagworo(m): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2013

Yes I've changed on that ground. I even opposed Rochas initially but when he entered and I saw the accelerated development, I realized its better for the best man irrespective of zone to rule. Someone like Leo Stan Eke is a potential great leader in the waiting.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Agrika: 11:10am On Dec 09, 2013
What is all this pretence about, it is more or less like an open secret that a typical hausa/fulani is aggresive and violent by nature..is not as if we dont welcome thier presence in the east, we do, it signifies more bussiness activities and all but we all know what these people are capable of....and by the way how do you think the families of victims of religious riots in the north who have been forced to abandon thier properties will feel when they see this people..and by the way hausa man no dey carry eye see igbo woman, they feel ALL igbo women are prostitutes and thus this may lead to an increased rate of rape..as has been witnessed in some parts of Imo state by fulani herdsmen.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2013
How time flies and how things change, growing up as children we were never aware of our cultural, political and social differences. To us everyone was the same regardless of whether he/she was ibo, hausa, jukun, tiv or yoruba. Being muslim or christian was of no importance and our teachers in primary school made no effort whatsoever to enlighten our consciousness on how different we were/are. Then we grew up and turned to teenagers and influences from those before us became more defined, we started being aware of certain things around us, our eyes opened to our socio-political surroundings, ibo's as we were meant to believe were traders who will do anything to get a good bargain, money was all they thought about and they will do anything to get it even if it means killing a man. Hausa's(there was nothing like hausa/fulani then) were uneducated people divided into two, muslim alhaji's with a lot of wealth who controlled the country and dirty beggers who roamed the streets. Yoruba's as we believed were dirty noise making cowards stinking of tribalism. Fulani's we associated with cattle and nunu, they were also thought to be honest and straight forward.
These opinions were formed not based on our interactions, but on merely what was passed on to us by those who themselves had little information and knew absolutely nothing about those they were stereotyping. We are aware now, technology has opened our eyes and as events keep unfolding, we now know better.

Political and social tribalism has not been and was never the ideology of the yoruba's, it has been and was always the child of the ibo's nurtured by perceived marginalisation and the losing of a war. This has always been the card, as the "they don't like us" and "we are victims" theories have been passed from generation to generation. Suspicion and the sense of injustice has fuelled the spirit of political tribalism, mediocracy is put on the front burner as double speak is the order of the day.
Looking back, one has come to realise that our socio-political conciousness was not just awoken by stereotyping from our hosueholds but by our intereactions with peoples of different ethnic/tribal backgrounds, with the ibos who used every opportunity to remind us of how they are better, how they are marginalised politically and how if the country had divided, they would have prospered. This raised the ethnic/tribal fire in the rest of us as we were constantly reminded of the solidarity of the ibos....................Excerpts from an unfinished book (Author's permission taken)

4 Likes

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by omenka(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2013
IKEMBA NNEWI: There was a time i reasoned like you ''What are these people doing in our land'', funny thing was, back then i was in the north ''Their land'' and yet had that mindset.
My point is, go to Sabon Gari in Kano, Or to Old Airport in Sokoto, you'd think you were in Aba and Awka, respectively. We cannot continue flocking to other peoples lands in droves and then keep a long face when they reciprocate the gesture. I, personally have no problem with them relocating and residing in Igboland, so long they dont bring their 'bloodlust' and Fanaticism with them. Alaigbo welcomes all welcomeables! QED
God bless you and your children's children.
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by phantom(m): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2013
berem: Could you please stick to the topic before you turn the thread to a bashing thread against me? Daalu!
but he said the truth na! You try to be objective but many times you overdo it to get favours .you may be in love with a yoruba man, no qualms(after all we are one country FOR NOW grin )but it doesnt stop you from criticising him. you can criticise him in the afternoon and still make sweet love at night.shikena!
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by IKEMBANNEWI: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2013
Ddaji: @ op my sincere advise to you is to deport those Hausas back to their state.Have you ever been to out of ibo land.in sokoto the present councillor of rijiya ward is an ibo man,the Special adviser to the governor on non resident community is an ibo man and your people are enjoying free education in the state like indigenes.Ibos Kidnapped and collected N5o million from the family of late Abu Dankure(an associate of the Gov)[/b]just on saturday they kidnapped and release a state house of assmbly member.There is no village or harmet, that you will not find an ibo in the state.To be honest with you they threat to us.Crime rate like arm robbery is high in the state due to the large presence of ibos in the state.pls.let the deportation begins,I promise you it will be a blessing for us.I belief you are a lion in the cage
[b] Dude, you're a bloody liar, which igbos kidnapped Dankure? Just incase you're daft, let me put it to you now, that Abu dankure was kidnapped and killed by the ooponents of the Governor, who could not find any other way of getting to the Gov himself, others even suggestted the man's multitudes of Jobless kids planned that attack so they could inherit his enormous wealth, you must really think there arent people that know about Sokoto as u do. Makaryaci kowai!

2 Likes

Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2013
phantom: [s] but he said the truth na! You try to be objective but many times you overdo it to get favours .you may be in love with a yoruba man, no qualms(after all we are one country FOR NOW grin )but it doesnt stop you from criticising him. you can criticise him in the afternoon and still make sweet love at night.shikena! [/s]
"throws senseless comment inside the third mainland bridge"
Re: The Spate Of Hausas In Owerri by phantom(m): 11:49am On Dec 09, 2013
berem: "throws senseless comment inside the third mainland bridge"
grin...sorry ma.no vex.i don type my own finish sha grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BLOODY LIAR Of Life (photo) / Okrika Great / 2.5m Children In Nigeria Suffering Severe Acute Malnutrition — UNICEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.