Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,597 members, 7,851,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3813118 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 12:31pm On Dec 10, 2020
arguing about jet li and Jackie Chan is embarrassing guys, please let's put an end to it. I respect your opinions but I'll be sticking with mine, no matter what.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by realestniggah: 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
I just watched TENET .. You would be lying to yourself if you say you understood #TENET. Just watch the movie and go, Don't try to understand it.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:
arguing about jet li and Jackie Chan is embarrassing guys, please let's put an end to it. I respect your opinions but I'll be sticking with mine, no matter what.
Way to go, you're asking Google who is a better actor between two actors grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
Chibudollar:
Way to go, you're asking Google who is a better actor between two actors grin grin grin
nah, I'm just showing you an article written by someone who uses his brain.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
realestniggah:
I just watched TENET .. You would be lying to yourself if you say you understood #TENET. Just watch the movie and go, Don't try to understand it.
TeneT... Christopher Nolan tried to make the movie as complicated as the stone below.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

You definitely didn't use your brain when you posted that. Not surprised
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

Nah, you just screenshotted the first opinion that suited your take, there are varying opinions on who the better actor is on Google and to be fair most of the opinions were based mainly on the better stunts man not really acting prowess

If we want to really digest this matter let's talk about things that make up an all round good actor...so what do you think are the qualities of a good actor?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Nah, you just screenshotted the first opinion that suited your take, there are varying opinions on who the better actor is on Google and to be fair most of the opinions were based mainly on the better stunts man not really acting prowess

If we want to really digest this matter let's talk about things that make up an all round good actor...so what do you think are the qualities of a good actor?
you are still misunderstanding me bro, I said they were both good but Jackie Chan is better in my opinion. the truth is that arguing about "Jet li vs Jackie Chan" is like arguing about "Messi vs Ronaldo", which is a bottomless pit... you can only prefer one over the other. Peace.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2020
Chibudollar:
You definitely didn't use your brain when you posted that. Not surprised
lolx, nice comeback... I apologize if my comment offended you mehn.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 2:43pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

lolx, nice comeback... I apologize if my comment offended you mehn.
No problem G. Apologies from my side also.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2020
Tenet 8.5/10.

At the first watch, I gave it a 7/10 coz I didn't really get some of the happenings in the movie, but on getting to read and understand the whole concept of the movie, and understanding certain clues in the movie, I came to realize how creative and imaginative Nolan was with the movie.

Brilliant movie and David Washington delivered just his dad always delivers in his movies. I agree that the movie would've been better off as a one-part series so Nolan would allow the characters to develop well and the story arc play over a period of time. Still a wonderful movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 2:50pm On Dec 10, 2020
AVA
Lacks ambition. Fairly enough, i enjoyed it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

you are still misunderstanding me bro, I said they were both good but Jackie Chan is better in my opinion. the truth is that arguing about "Jet li vs Jackie Chan" is like arguing about "Messi vs Ronaldo", which is a bottomless pit... you can only prefer one over the other. Peace.

Uhm..you skipped my question sir
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Uhm..you skipped my question sir
I didn't skip it sir, I ignored it because I remember arguing about jet li and Jackie Chan when I was a kid and I don't intend repeating it... you know what, I crown you the winner of whatever we were arguing about, congratulations sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:
The man from nowhere 2010... 8.0/10
think of Liam Neeson's Taken kinda story and mix it with John Wick's kinda bad-asá¹£ry.
link to download?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
The witches (2020)
7.2/10
Adventure Comedy Family

A young boy and his grandmother have a run-in with a coven of witches and their leader.

The Grand High witch got no Joy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Can I get a download link to this Indian movie house OMG (oh my god) akshay kumar
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

I didn't skip it sir, I ignored it because I remember arguing about jet li and Jackie Chan when I was a kid and I don't intend repeating it... you know what, I crown you the winner of whatever we were arguing about, congratulations sir.

okay sir, thank you sir

[img]https://c./eKwrD72rFN0AAAAM/the-office.gif[/img]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Minions on this thread?
Because we happen to have same views on an actor acting prowess.
Can't even remember the last time me and Pu7pl3 agreed on anything cheesy
Wait till shitt hits the ceiling here and you will see nobody is anybody friend on here.
When you get more acquainted with the thread, you will know better.

The premise of your claim even makes it more hilarious.
You said you can't remember the last time you and the minion agreed on anything, but all of a sudden he starts jumping on my mention to defend and agree with everything you said. Just take a minute to think, who does that if not a minion?
That means he has no standard, he's that kind of kid who would easily blend in and out of different contrasting opinions each minute.

Well, one thing you should always have at the back of your mind before you quote me is, i don't have the same logic with every other guy you see around here. That's why you need to switch on your god-mode when replying me, or-else you end up hopping along all the time without being able to catch up or keep up with my pace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
2dice01:
link to download?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
AbdulSleeky/JeromeBlack just got a competitor in grandeur delusions cheesy

Gratefulheart1:

The premise of your claim even makes it more hilarious.
You said you can't remember the last time you and the minion agreed on anything, but all of a sudden he starts jumping on my mention to defend and agree with everything you said. Just take a minute to think, who does that if not a minion?
That means he has no standard, he's that kind of kid who would easily blend in and out of different contrasting opinions each minute.

Well, one thing you should always have at the back of your mind before you quote me is, i don't have the same logic with every other guy you see around here. That's why you need to switch on your god-mode when replying me, or-else you end up hopping along all the time without being able to catch up or keep up with my pace.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
alexistaiwo:

by product of inferiority complex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:
Thanks
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AbdulSleeky: 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2020
alexistaiwo:

Are you mad?

What is my business with your retard3d e-argument?

Abeg, dont mention me when you are doing silly things.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2020
AbdulSleeky:

Are you mad?

What is my business with your retard3d e-argument?

Abeg, dont mention me when you are doing silly things.
una dey too vex quick for this thread. Omo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Tolu121: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
Beorn:
Tenet 8.5/10.

At the first watch, I gave it a 7/10 coz I didn't really get some of the happenings in the movie, but on getting to read and understand the whole concept of the movie, and understanding certain clues in the movie, I came to realize how creative and imaginative Nolan was with the movie.

Brilliant movie and David Washington delivered just his dad always delivers in his movies. I agree that the movie would've been better off as a one-part series so Nolan would allow the characters to develop well and the story arc play over a period of time. Still a wonderful movie.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
"Tenet"
Finally gave it a go after 3 attempts cuz i had to be in the right frame of mind to see this cuz of the reviews i have been seeing, and i am sure glad i did because it was a brilliant piece, so brilliant that i might even like it more than "Inception" which i was hailing as Nolan's masterpiece.

Pros
The plot as warped as it was could only be the work of brilliant mind, and very few film makers will even take on something this bold. The blend of the actual physics of entropy with time travel and "inversion" was stellar. Nolan even found time to infuse the "current climate change war" into an already convulated plot and the message was clear as day. It wouldn't be a Nolan movie without little Easter eggs to notice and follow. I thought the casting was perfect especially that of Robert Pattison as "Neil" and special praise to John David Washington, i think he did well as the lead. Nolan Cinematography is always prestine and this was very very good ( Dunkirk is still his best "cinematography" work i think).

Cons
The fight sequence was amateurish at first especially the scene where "The protagonist" had that kitchen fight but it got better as the movie progressed.

The sound editing was giving me a headache (added to the one the movie plot was already giving me). This was Nolan's signature sound editing but enjoyed it in movies like "TDKR" cuz it a much simpler plot to follow so i could handle any distraction with the sound.

So overall the movie was a solid 8/10 for me...and i am definitely seeing it over and over again knowing it won't hurt my head as much as the first watch creating somewhat of "temporal pincer movement" cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by budaatum: 1:33am On Dec 11, 2020
Test

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by EddieWilson687: 1:42am On Dec 11, 2020
I'm watching Jojo part 4. It's very impressive. Much better, then stardust crusaders, imho
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:03am On Dec 11, 2020
budaatum:
Test
'Test' is a movie? grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by budaatum: 4:22am On Dec 11, 2020
Ishilove:

'Test' is a movie? grin
Why are you not in bed Ishi!?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: POLS and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.