Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772695 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:41am On Dec 09, 2020
This thread just mirrored 2020 in film making. Where the hell are the OGs? I can only see MJBOLT Verifiedstalin Alexistaiwo Raalsalghul Plead and Pu7pl3 where are the others?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2020
Tenet; This is a movie that makes sense, has high stakes, and human emotion in one place only: the mind of Christopher Nolan.

I think it should have been a high concept HBO show but your boy Christopher Nolan is so pretentious that he doesn't consider TV as a good medium for telling stories.........

Plus most of the dialogue was just expositions. I really loved the idea and did enjoy the movie but they were introducing so many things while also trying to cram in action scenes(IMO he isn't a good director of action scenes) he needs to be given less money next time, maybe then he can use some CGI and focus on the actual delivery of a comprehensive story

Obviously. It's a Chris Nolan movie. The only bigger Nolan signature than "convoluted mess" is "constantly drown out dialog with the music"

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2020
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:
This thread just mirrored 2020 in film making. Where the hell are the OGs? I can only see MJBOLT Verifiedstalin Alexistaiwo Raalsalghul Plead and Pu7pl3 where are the others?

It's true...I miss my nigga Abduleez1

Someone here thinks I'm Alex's burner account cry cry

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2020
Gratefulheart1:

Trash.
I saw the poster for Tenet when it initially came out but paid no attention to it, I had to check the plot yesterday when I saw it on this thread. Even without never watching it, it's a movie where people can exist in three dimensions (past, present and future) at the same time.
Plus some events can be 'undone' or 'inverted' with the time travel machine.

Watch a movie, if you can't understand it, look for the plot, read and re-watch it, after that I can't see any reason to cry or wail about a movie anymore.

If you ever watched movies like Matrix (1999), Heroes (series), Lost (series), Curious case of Benjamin Button, The Island, Inception, In time, Terminator, Elysium, Bloodshot etc., I don't see any reason again why anyone should cry about a movie.

I think your challenge is the absence of a sophisticated mind to flow with things that are a little deeper than the surface or convention. You always flow more with plain and basic things as you can't read in-between the lines.
That's why I don't have to be a prophet to realize someone like you would find it hard to see the extraordinary talent and creativity in people like Michael Jackson, Jackie Chan, Messi etc as you lack the sophisticated mind for deep analysis or reading in between the lines. It's not your fault, you just lack that ability to digest anything that seem more complex than the norm.

Like I told you earlier. Stick to your Tom and Jerry, that's what your basic mind can process better.
You should have been on a mat, still writing with a chalk and slate.

smh [img]https://c./oL-9bcUv9wcAAAAM/are-you-done-mbaku.gif[/img]

Now go and see the movie and leave all this okoto meow talk for people that are actually smart okay...

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

It's true...I miss my nigga Abduleez1

Someone here thinks I'm Alex's burner account cry cry
Exactly, I miss him too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

Now go and see the movie and leave all this okoto meow talk for people that are actually smart okay...
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:25am On Dec 09, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

I think it should have been a high concept HBO show but your boy Christopher Nolan is so pretentious that he doesn't consider TV as a good medium for telling stories.........
I feel like he and his brother shared estates. Christopher focuses on cinema and Jonathan focuses on television. But las las, all Nolans deal in confusion. Na so Jonathan and his wife just dey whine our head with Westworld.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:27am On Dec 09, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

Exactly, I miss him too

He told me he was taking some time off from here, I wonder when he will seem it fit to return..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:
I feel like he and his brother shared estates. Christopher focuses on cinema and Jonathan focuses on television. But las las, all Nolans deal in confusion. Na so Jonathan and his wife just dey whine our head with Westworld.
You are back.... Where is Oyaskii Nickshrapnel Achilles100 and our famous work WiFi guy Nani667?

You are so right but I think Jonathan shares creative prowess with Lisa Joy. The same contrast can be said for The Evans brothers and the Hemsworth brothers, one of them also star in westworld
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

He told me he was taking some time off from here, I wonder when he will seem it fit to return..
Who would blame him if he doesn't return? I mean, just look at zestless critics we have in this group now and moreover it's been a shitty year for movies hopefully, he returns next year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

Exactly my boy, I should see the movie perhaps this weekend, the exact kind of movies I like to watch.

Sorry for those I wrote earlier, I know you would have gone through the stress of an interpreter before you could understand them. I would have it in mind to stick to basic things when replying you next.
In the mean while, you shouldn't be on this thread, go back and watch your Tom and Jerry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:20am On Dec 09, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

You are back.... Where is Oyaskii Nickshrapnel Achilles100 and our famous work WiFi guy Nani667?

You are so right but I think Jonathan shares creative prowess with Lisa Joy. The same contrast can be said for The Evans brothers and the Hemsworth brothers, one of them also star in westworld
Achilles don port to the Series thread for the main time. Oyaskii dey come around from time to time. Nani still dey. Na Nickshrapnel wey I never see for some time.

Shey you know Lisa and Jonathan are married? Nawa for the kind children wey them go born grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:
Achilles don port to the Series thread for the main time. Oyaskii dey come around from time to time. Nani still dey. Na Nickshrapnel wey I never see for some time.

Shey you know Lisa and Jonathan are married? Nawa for the kind children wey them go born grin grin
Yes oooo. I swear their children's creativity will be stellar. I have no doubt they will find their feet in the industry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:

Nick has been here na...he is always here
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
Gratefulheart1:

Exactly my boy, I should see the movie perhaps this weekend, the exact kind of movies I like to watch.

Sorry for those I wrote earlier, I know you would have gone through the stress of an interpreter before you could understand them. I would have it in mind to stick to basic things when replying you next.
In the mean while, you shouldn't be on this thread, go back and watch your Tom and Jerry.

the inferiority complex you're wearing is see through bruh...

And btw Tom and Jerry>>>>> 80% of Jackie Chan movies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
All these newbies who will not calm down and get a lay of the terrain from OGs before yarning dust.

Which regular member will think Pu7pl3 and alexistaiwo are the same character?

I resemble DC zombie for una eyes cheesy

In other news,
God bless the person who said that Tenet will have been better served as a TV series.
Christopher was trying to cram a TV series concept into Cinema and he failed in my own opinion because the end of the movie left so many loose ends.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
alexistaiwo:
All these newbies who will not calm down and get a lay of the terrain from OGs before yarning dust.

Which regular member will think Pu7pl3 and alexistaiwo are the same character?

I resemble DC zombie for una eyes cheesy

In other news,
God bless the person who said that Tenet will have been better served as a TV series.
Christopher was trying to cram a TV series concept into Cinema and he failed in my own opinion because the end of the movie left so many loose ends.

il take that as a compliment In the spirit of sportsmanship....
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

the inferiority complex you're wearing is see through bruh...
And btw Tom and Jerry>>>>> 80% of Jackie Chan movies

Except you're just learning the meaning of basic English Vocabularies, there shouldn't have been any correlation between the words 'inferiority complex' and a kind of thread like this but how would you know since all you do is watch Tom and Jerry.

Yea, Tom and Jerry > Jackie's movies. Most kids I know always say that, since you're also a lad, I wouldn't expect you to say otherwise. A kid will always choose his/her beloved cartoons over movies meant for grownups, so you're performing exactly as expected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by justiceankomah(m): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
Am watching "No one is you and that is your power" There is text reference to it here https://successismoney.com/no-one-is-you-and-that-is-your-power/

I watched a very life lesson powerful movie on GTV yesterday called "Success Is Never Owned, It’s Rented, and The Rent is Due Every Day" get the text reference here https://successismoney.com/success-is-never-owned/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kendrick93(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
sajmark:

take away his martial arts skills and he's just an average actor.
I will say a bit below average...
No acting range,
I can't picture him in a comedy or drama..
He's a good martial artist tho i will give him that...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

Nick has been here na...he is always here
Na for DC thread I dey usually see am. Must've missed his presence here.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
Gratefulheart1:

[s]Except you're just learning the meaning of basic English Vocabularies, there shouldn't have been any correlation between the words 'inferiority complex' and a kind of thread like this but how would you know since all you do is watch Tom and Jerry.

Yea, Tom and Jerry > Jackie's movies. Most kids I know always say that, since you're also a lad, I wouldn't expect you to say otherwise.[/s] A kid will always choose his/her beloved cartoons over movies meant for grownups, so you're performing exactly as expected.

For the part I didn't cancel...

also also, 80% of Chan movies are meant for kids..

I also hope your heart is grateful and enjoying the fact that I'm indulging you and your moniker...till whenever you start to bore me
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

For the part I didn't cancel...

also also, 80% of Chan movies are meant for kids..

I also hope your heart is grateful and enjoying the fact that I'm indulging you and your moniker...till whenever you start to bore me
I no even know why you dey engage am. The guy dey boring pass a bad RAW episode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
★★★★★

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:
I no even know why you dey engage am. The guy dey boring pass a bad RAW episode.

[img]https://c./Zn44t0HYm30AAAAM/ryan-gosling-laugh.gif[/img]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:
Achille don port to the Series thread for the main time. Oyask dey come around from time to time. Nani still dey. Na Nickshrapnel wey I never see for some time.

I’ve been here and everywhere cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
nani667:
★★★★★
Even Doc Ock is coming cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I’ve been here and everywhere cheesy
Oshey The Presence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
pu7pl3:

Oga shut up...Jacki Chan can't act shit...go and cry with Barca fans...e sure me say na teenager you still be but you're here shouting kids kids upandan undecided
What you just typed doesn't make sense. Jackie Chan can't act? Which alternate universe did you come from? Anyway, to everyone his own.

I also read a funny one earlier about Jackie Chan acting when there was no competitors. From whom did the newer actors learn from? Just tell us that you have a different taste about movies now we will understand. It is an abomination to denigrate Jackie Chan.
There is nothing macho about saying an actor's movie are for kids.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:
Oshey The Presence.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2364) (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m), Calibrator, jikins(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.