Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773360 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
kendrick93:
I will say a bit below average... No acting range, I can't picture him in a comedy or drama.. He's a good martial artist tho i will give him that...
exactly mehn... oil dey your head.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

You are back.... Where is Oyaskii Nickshrapnel Achilles100 and our famous work WiFi guy Nani667?

You are so right but I think Jonathan shares creative prowess with Lisa Joy. The same contrast can be said for The Evans brothers and the Hemsworth brothers, one of them also star in westworld
I dey here chief but the hustle and bustle of life wrap me plus this year get as e be for movies but i dey pop in from time to time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
The man from nowhere 2010... 8.0/10
think of Liam Neeson's Taken kinda story and mix it with John Wick's kinda bad-asṣry.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
Stonecoldstare1:

You are back.... Where is Oyaskii Nickshrapnel Achilles100 and our famous work WiFi guy Nani667?

You are so right but I think Jonathan shares creative prowess with Lisa Joy. The same contrast can be said for The Evans brothers and the Hemsworth brothers, one of them also star in westworld

Boss, na majorly series side I dey o. No really new movies to watch, so...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kaycee7:
Oshey The Presence.

grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dotng:

What you just typed doesn't make sense. Jackie Chan can't act? Which alternate universe did you come from? Anyway, to everyone his own.

I also read a funny one earlier about Jackie Chan acting when there was no competitors. From whom did the newer actors learn from? Just tell us that you have a different taste about movies now we will understand. It is an abomination to denigrate Jackie Chan.
There is nothing macho about saying an actor's movie are for kids.

I like the man, but he has just 2 or 3 characters for range and he relies toomuch on his martial arts (which is dope btw) and natural loveable nature.... Jet li is a better actor with better range

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2020
milann:
another femme fatale killer thriller
It could have been better. I did like the action scenes though.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by henrygold100: 12:43am On Dec 10, 2020
Somethings just de vex me. How can I be seriously be looking for one film to download buh I wunt see it..... I have been looking for catch me if u can for up to two days now. Have not seen it to download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kunzyomi(m): 1:42am On Dec 10, 2020
henrygold100:
Somethings just de vex me. How can I be seriously be looking for one film to download buh I wunt see it..... I have been looking for catch me if u can for up to two days now. Have not seen it to download

Check fz
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:22am On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

grin
This SD episode grin grin
Omo, Hunter suppose dey do commentary for us once a year. This was lit asf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 5:01am On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Jet li is a better actor with better range
jet li's acting was incredible in The "once upon a time in China" franchise but Jackie is an overall better actor. reWatch "the forbidden kingdom" again and you'll see that Jackie is slightly better.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:11am On Dec 10, 2020
oyaskii:
I dey here chief but the hustle and bustle of life wrap me plus this year get as e be for movies but i dey pop in from time to time.
No be your fault man. This year is the worst year for most people, movies included. Stay safe hustle
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 7:14am On Dec 10, 2020
Achilles100:

Boss, na majorly series side I dey o. No really new movies to watch, so...
I no blame you jare. Really shitty year
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:22am On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

jet li's acting was incredible in The "once upon a time in China" franchise but Jackie is an overall better actor. reWatch "the forbidden kingdom" again and you'll see that Jackie is slightly better.
Jet Li played 2 contrasting characters in that movie but Jackie who played another iteration of what we've been seeing from him and 5 minutes as an old man was the better actor? Are you for real right now?
Have you seen Jet Li in Fearless, Hero and The Warlords?
Even Jackie's best acting outings in New Police Story and Shinjuku Incident couldn't top those.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2020
Some people have the eyes to see movies but lack the accompanying brain to boot.

Jet Li is a method actor.
He can adapt to any role unlike the one dimensional Jackie Chan.

Kaycee7:
Jet Li played 2 contrasting characters in that movie but Jackie who played another iteration of what we've been seeing from him and 5 minutes as an old man was the better actor? Are you for real right now?
Even Jackie's best acting outings in New Police Story and Shinjuku Incident couldn't top those.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by solostar1: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2020
Kaycee7:

Jet li was fantastic in 'fearless', that one martial art movie that I enjoyed not only the fighting scene. The man has range.

I had to go and read the true story that influenced the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

For the part I didn't cancel...

[s]also also, 80% of Chan movies are meant for kids..
[/s]
I also hope your heart is grateful and enjoying the fact that I'm indulging you and your moniker...till whenever you start to bore me

Boy, it's too early to sound confused or display amnesia.
If Chan's movies were meant for kids or similar to the kids cartoons you watch, you wouldn't have discredited the movies initially nor said Tom and Jerry > Jackie's movies.

Didn't you say whenever you start to get bored? Well, I already got bored of your incoherent babbles, 12 hours before your ever quoted me. I'm only trying hard to put up with you incase you might learn one or two things before I finally vanish from this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 10, 2020
alexistaiwo:
All these newbies who will not calm down and get a lay of the terrain from OGs before yarning dust.
Which regular member will think Pu7pl3 and alexistaiwo are the same character?
I resemble DC zombie for una eyes cheesy

You fired shots at me but you played smart by not quoting me directly but lucky enough I saw this.
Yea, I'm sorry, no part of my logical mind could think someone else apart from your other monikers could jump on my mention and start attacking me on your behalf, but now I clearly understand they're your minions.
If an amateur like you could be referring to yourself as an OG and you already have minions in the thread who lick your feet and jump on strangers mentions to attack them on your behalf, that shows this thread must have really suffered from an era of dominance of local champions and amateurs.

Well, I should watch Tenet by weekend, I mistakenly stumbled on this thread and now I'll have to watch a movie that was never part of my schedule. That shows how accidents and unprepared circumstances sometimes direct our actions in life.
When I finally watch the movie, if I find it intriguing will dictate maybe I'll thank you later or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2020
Minions on this thread?
Because we happen to have same views on an actor acting prowess.

Can't even remember the last time me and Pu7pl3 agreed on anything cheesy

Wait till shitt hits the ceiling here and you will see nobody is anybody friend on here.

When you get more acquainted with the thread, you will know better.

Gratefulheart1:

You fired shots at me but you played smart by not quoting me directly but lucky enough I saw this.
Yea, I'm sorry, no part of my logical mind could think someone else apart from your other monikers could jump on my mention and start attacking me on your behalf, but now I clearly understand they're your minions.
If an amateur like you could be referring to yourself as an OG and you already have minions in the thread who lick your feet and jump on strangers mentions to attack them on your behalf, that shows this thread must have really suffered from an era of dominance of local champions and amateurs.

Well, I should watch Tenet by weekend, I mistakenly stumbled on this thread and now I'll have to watch a movie that was never part of my schedule. That shows how accidents and unprepared circumstances sometimes direct our actions in life.
When I finally watch the movie, if I find it intriguing will dictate maybe I'll thank you later or not.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dubylhover(m): 8:29am On Dec 10, 2020
stonemind:

una Sabi lie chaii. how do you know he is the son? abi na Chris Nolan himself tell you? smh

There's a fan theory that Neil is actually max besides Nolan gave an interview about the character Neil that it might not be his real name.

Though nothing is confirmed,one can't really write it off as being false,and that theory actually makes sense to an extent if you really listen to the conversation at the end
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:03am On Dec 10, 2020
Kaycee7:
This SD episode grin grin
Omo, Hunter suppose dey do commentary for us once a year. This was lit asf

Yea he should sit there with Cole once in a while grin grin but the man is just too busy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

has Jackie ever played anything other than a good funny underdog type of guy? Jet li bodied Jackie in Forbidden Kingdom, he played 2 different roles bruh

Go and check out Jet Li in Danny the Dog or The one
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2020
Kaycee7:

Guy, you Sabi jare

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

has Jackie ever played anything other than a good funny underdog type of guy? Jet li bodied Jackie in Forbidden Kingdom, he played 2 different roles bruh

Go and check out Jet Li in Danny the Dog or The one
c'mon bro don't tell me you seriously want to argue this, jet li is good but Jackie is better... put martial arts aside, jet li's acting was horrible in Danny the dog. Jet li performed great only in local movies like "fong sai yuk", "once upon a time in China", the warlords" etc but struggled in international roles like "expendables" and "danny the dog"... while Jackie Chan did good home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sajmark(m): 10:24am On Dec 10, 2020
Kaycee7:
forget about how many characters they portrayed, I made reference to the forbidden kingdom because you get to see them both together for better observation which is based on the two monks they portrayed... you are right and no one can argue that jet li was great in the movies you mentioned, but jet li's great acting stops in the borders of China as he performs average or below in international roles while Jackie Chan manages to be good home and abroad.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

c'mon bro don't tell me you seriously want to argue this, jet li is good but Jackie is better... put martial arts aside, jet li's acting was horrible in Danny the dog. Jet li performed great only in local movies like "fong sai yuk", "once upon a time in China", the warlords" etc but struggled in international roles like "expendables" and "danny the dog"... while Jackie Chan did good home and abroad.
SMH

[img]https://c./SVPxBGhKBXYAAAAM/nope-no-way.gif[/img]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 11:20am On Dec 10, 2020
Kaycee7:
Anybody saying Jackie Chan is a better actor than Jet Li doesn't even know what he's talking about.

Jackie Chan has proved from the onset he's a one dimensional actor. Like is there any movie Jackie Chan has ever played the bad guy? Dude always like the ladies man kinda guy.

Guys should check Jet Li out in Lethal Weapon 4. Men the dude was cold blooded. At a time I even hated him (Jet Li) because of that movie.

Jet Li has proven beyond reasonable doubt he can act. The only thing I feel he lacks is playing those comedy roles Jackie Chan is well known for. At one time I use to see Jet Li as someone who's too serious in his acting roles. Lol

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

forget about how many characters they portrayed, I made reference to the forbidden kingdom because you get to see them both together for better observation which is based on the two monks they portrayed... you are right and no one can argue that jet li was great in the movies you mentioned, but jet li's great acting stops in the borders of China as he performs average or below in international roles while Jackie Chan manages to be good home and abroad.
Ehn! You say? Which foreign movie Jackie outshine Jet for? His best Hollywood movie, Rush Hour, na Chris Tucker carry am for back.
Make I give am accolades for The Foreigner sha. He was decent in that.
Jet Li commanded the spotlight in The One and delivered the goods in Unleashed (Danny The Dog).

E no get anywhere wey Jackie beat Jet Li for acting.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

Jet Li was horrible in Danny the Dog? You sure say na the same movie wey I watch you watch?
The switching from docile slave to mad beast whenever his owner activated him, the childlike behavior, the emotional trauma from struggling with his former life after being rescued by Morgan Freeman that he displayed. Bruh! Come on.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ProverbBaelish: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:

c'mon bro don't tell me you seriously want to argue this, jet li is good but Jackie is better... put martial arts aside, jet li's acting was horrible in Danny the dog. Jet li performed great only in local movies like "Fong sai yuk", "once upon a time in China", the warlords" etc but struggled in international roles like "expendables" and "Danny the dog"... while Jackie Chan did good home and abroad.
I can't believe people are comparing both of them. Jackie Chan is the best, no matter the film he takes part in, he gives his very best. In the best action comedy in the world, Rush Hour, I thought he wont make it in the Hollywood scene but he passed my expectation

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
sajmark:
The man from nowhere 2010... 8.0/10
think of Liam Neeson's Taken kinda story and mix it with John Wick's kinda bad-asṣry.

Link for download please. 480p preferably grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ProverbBaelish: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Kaycee7:
Jet Li was horrible in Danny the Dog? You sure say na the same movie wey I watch you watch?
The switching from docile slave to mad beast whenever his owner activated him, the childlike behavior, the emotional trauma from struggling with his former life after being rescued by Morgan Freeman that he displayed. Bruh! Come on.
Danny the Dog is one of my most memorable and unforgettable films but no one shud compare him with Jackie Chan

(1) (2) (3) ... (2365) (2366) (2367) (2368) (2369) (2370) (2371) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: rikatrina and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.