Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? (1241 Views)

The Same People Who Claim Buhari Is Sick Are Now The Ones Being Hospitalized / We Only Stopped Patience Jonathan From Being Driven To Tarmac –FAAN / Breaking News: NYSC Members Were Being Driven Back Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by babamutum: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Home » Featured » What South Africa must do after Madiba, by Fashola

• A woman wrapped in a flag watches the joint sitting of the South African Parliament in honour of the late Mandela... yesterday.
What South Africa must do after Madiba, by Fashola
Posted by: Miriam Ekene-Okoro and Adegunle Olugbamila in Featured, News 8 hours ago

LAGOS State Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has said the death of former South African President Nelson Mandela calls for deeper reflection of the anti-apartheid struggle and the role played by the African continent, especially Nigeria in the journey to liberate South Africa.

Governor Fashola who made the remark yesterday while addressing journalists at the State House in Alausa said inspite of the role played, Nigeria is currently on the receiving end of policies by the present day South Africa.

He said it is expedient for President Goodluck Jonathan to use his presence at the burial of Nelson Mandela to put the nation’s leadership role back in the international limelight.

He said: “I remember we did not go for Commonwealth Games because of South Africa. I remember we took drastic measures against the foreign collaborators of apartheid regime and nationalized assets. Brigadier-General Joe Garba was our Foreign Affairs Minister and Professor Bolaji Akinyemi was the Director-General of Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA). There is no home that the anti-apartheid campaign was not then. Our university halls were named after Mozambique and all of these places. We founded all of these organisations in Angola and Zimbabwe among others.

“Apart from scholarship to South Africans, I remember when the late President Yar’Adua and I met Thabo Mbeki in South Africa and he was telling me about their relationship that dated back to the days when he was a lecturer at the University of Zaria and former President Mbeki used to come for exchange programme then.

“There is no home that the anti-apartheid campaign was not then. Our university halls were named after Mozambique and all of these places. We funded all of these organisations in Angola and Zimbabwe among others.

“We are the ones being driven out of South Africa. The British can enter South Africa. We have to take a visa. These are deep questions because they hurt me. People like Fela nearly lost their voices, singing about freedom. I hope that as our president is going for Mandela’s burial, I hope that it would be to go and take the leadership roles that we deserve or we should ask ourselves if we have really lost it, what is the way back. As I said, history has been revised and our voices are not heard on the international stage. This is our glory because we contributed so much to this course, and perhaps we ask ourselves what the investment pay-off has been.

“There are more questions to answer. When you look at the part of the world where ovation is now the loudest, it was the part of the world the pain was the most vicious. In a very cruel irony, history is being revised. The people, who collaborated with the government that enthroned apartheid at that time, are the people that are paying the biggest tribute now.

Eulogising the late freedom fighter Fashola said the legacies he left behind has proved beyond doubt that Africans are not inferior.

“Mandela has proved we are not. There is nothing wrong with our genes. There is nothing wrong with our blood. It is just our attitude and disposition we must re-examine. Beyond that, there is nothing we cannot do. I believe there must some inspiration from there if any is needed. Really, it is to put spring on our heels so that we can reach the sky.”

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by acethean(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
hmmmm, abeg who first comment
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by dareyking(m): 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by plaindealer: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
He said it is expedient for President Goodluck Jonathan to use his presence at the burial of Nelson Mandela to put the nation’s leadership role back in the international limelight.

He said: “I remember we did not go for Commonwealth Games because of South Africa. I remember we took drastic measures against the foreign collaborators of apartheid regime and nationalized assets. Brigadier-General Joe Garba was our Foreign Affairs Minister and Professor Bolaji Akinyemi was the Director-General of Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA). There is no home that the anti-apartheid campaign was not then. Our university halls were named after Mozambique and all of these places. We founded all of these organisations in Angola and Zimbabwe among others.

“Apart from scholarship to South Africans, I remember when the late President Yar’Adua and I met Thabo Mbeki in South Africa and he was telling me about their relationship that dated back to the days when he was a lecturer at the University of Zaria and former President Mbeki used to come for exchange programme then.

“There is no home that the anti-apartheid campaign was not then. Our university halls were named after Mozambique and all of these places. We funded all of these organisations in Angola and Zimbabwe among others.

“We are the ones being driven out of South Africa. The British can enter South Africa. We have to take a visa. These are deep questions because they hurt me. People like Fela nearly lost their voices, singing about freedom. I hope that as our president is going for Mandela’s burial, I hope that it would be to go and take the leadership roles that we deserve or we should ask ourselves if we have really lost it, what is the way back. As I said, history has been revised and our voices are not heard on the international stage. This is our glory because we contributed so much to this course, and perhaps we ask ourselves what the investment pay-off has been.

This is just too sad, our image and place on the world stage is almost blocked off. We've trashed all the gains we made when OBJ worked hard to wash away our Pariah status on the world stage after Abacha and other unfortunate bad incidents.

Unfortunately for us, GEJ is not globally sophisticated enough or have the mentally stability and knowledge to deal with such issue, he's also too preoccupied with other trivial issues locally. We'll have to wait till we get the likes of Fashola our go our separate ways...

1 Like

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by russellino: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

Unfortunately for us, GEJ is not globally sophisticated enough or have the mentally stability and knowledge to deal with such issue, he's also too preoccupied with other trivial issues locally. We'll have to wait till we get the likes of Fashola our go our separate ways...

No need to wait let us go to the upcoming National Conerence and decide if everybody should answer his papa name or not
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by anonimi: 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
babamutum:
“We are the ones being driven out of South Africa. The British can enter South Africa. We have to take a visa. These are deep questions because they hurt me.

Coming from a man who drove out his fellow Nigerian citizens from Lagos and dropped them off at Onitsha in the middle of the night shocked shocked
The HYPOCRISY of these Arewa People's Congress, APC leaders stinks to high heavens, surely.

5 Likes

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by tpia5: 3:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
I guess we should have let ghana do the talking back then, while we watched from the sidelines.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by desgiezd(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

Coming from a man who drove out his fellow Nigerian citizens from Lagos and dropped them off at Onitsha in the middle of the night shocked shocked
The HYPOCRISY of these Arewa People's Congress, APC leaders stinks to high heavens, surely.

Isnt it about time you come of of this sulking and face a greater reality confronting the country as a whole?

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by Acidosis(m): 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
Words that call for deep reflection
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by PapaBrowne(m): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Excellent speech. Very apt questions from a highly intelligent man.

It's only too sad that APC would rather field a terror minded coup plotter as their president.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by anonimi: 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
desgiezd:

Isnt it about time you come of of this sulking and face a greater reality confronting the country as a whole?

The greater reality of EMPTY words without matching action that progreTHIEF Fashola is known for as with other Nigerian politicians or something else
I have simply pointed out the gross hypocrisy of Fashola and reasonable people understand how such hypocrisy (and its MUMUCIOUS acceptance by gullible folks) contributes to the general rot that has been our lot for the large part of 53 years since independence.
I hope you will appreciate if not everyone is carried away by JUST words like you seem to be angry

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by DahomeyAmazon(f): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

The greater reality of EMPTY words without matching action that progreTHIEF Fashola is known for as with other Nigerian politicians or something else
I have simply pointed out the gross hypocrisy of Fashola and reasonable people understand how such hypocrisy (and its MUMUCIOUS acceptance by gullible folks) contributes to the general rot that has been our lot for the large part of 53 years since independence.
I hope you will appreciate if not everyone is carried away by JUST words like you seem to be angry
To call u a fool is a crime against humanity
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by plaindealer: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

And we are still waiting for the corrupt and incompetent Jonathan to do his job by arresting and prosecuting people like Fashola.

Unfortunately, he can not because he's too weak and incompetent to do his job.

See how dumb you always sound when you point your silly fingers when in fact, you cluelessly indict your Jonathan and expose his culpability and incompetence?

You people are equally daft just like the man you foolishly defend for real.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by anonimi: 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
plaindealer:

And we are still waiting for the corrupt and incompetent Jonathan to do his job by arresting and prosecuting people like Fashola.

Unfortunately, he can not because he's too weak and incompetent to do his job.

See how dumb you always sound when you point your silly fingers when in fact, you cluelessly indict your Jonathan and expose his culpability and incompetence?

You people are equally daft just like the man you foolishly defend for real.

So the president is the one who will arrest and prosecute a corrupt governor
WHy am I not surprised seeing this is coming from a supporter of the AUTOCRATS in the former ACN who have merged with their fellow DICTATORS in APC
Since you do not understand the BASICS of how government works in a DEMOCRATIC setting I guess it is pointless discussing further with you until you get MORE education thereon.

1 Like

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
desgiezd:

The deportation saga will keep haunting Fashola. He lacks morals to preach to us. Fashola is everything Mandela fought against!

1 Like

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by plaindealer: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

WHy am I not surprised seeing this is coming from a supporter of the AUTOCRATS in the former ACN who have merged with their fellow DICTATORS in APC
Since you do not understand the BASICS of how government works in a DEMOCRATIC setting I guess it is pointless discussing further with you until you get MORE education thereon.

I guess the main gist flew over your mediocre brains. Fighting corruption is larger than arresting and prosecuting governors and even if at the moment governors are untouchable, how many subsidy fraud folks are in jail? how many oil theft people are in jail? How many pension thieves are in jail, why did Jonathan hired a pension thief under efcc investigation top government position? How many folks were fired or prosecuted for the Lagos police college rot?

So far, we have zero major prosecution or jail time in an administration termed the most corrupt in Nigeria .

You can rant and yell Fashola and APC till eternity, but corrupt people in Nigeria today are not going to arrest and prosecute themselves because it's not their job or obligation to do so, that's still Jonathan's job and obligation.

Again, you are equally daft just like the daft and incompetent man you are defending...
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by pandriod: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

This shameless grass cutter is expecting likes from his bigoted ibo brothers. Look YOU fool, the useless sexkid protecting you is no more.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by pandriod: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
The deportation saga will keep haunting Fashola. He lacks morals to preach to us. Fashola is everything Mandela fought against!

Just like Oduah's case shall hunt all ibos.

1 Like

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
pandriod:

LoL...I wonda who its hunting is it d one's dat opened more than 1,000 threads abt stella oduah, or the ones that had d last laugh, do d mathsmiley.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:

Word!
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by texazzpete(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

I continually mourn the old anonimi who once stood for justice. Now you're just one of many PDP lapdogs.

How did they get to you? Money? Fine babes? Did someone promise you a council slot someday?

Once you railed against all 'hooligans in power'. Now you complain against only one against one set of hooligans while your corrupt paymasters get kudos from you.

Either way, this is a topic that touches Nigeria's foreign policy. Nothing to do with PDP or APC, just how shabbily Nigerians as a whole are treated by South Africa. Keep on topic or STFU.

1 Like

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by Les: 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
pandriod:

he said that the saga will hurt fashola not Yorubas, you should have said the scandal will hurt odua and not igbos..
the tribalism of you Yorubas are out of the world.... Starting from seun who censored nairaland to spell Yoruba correctly provided Igbo Is,spelt wrongly (Ibo) mteeeew #un-follows thread..
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by anonimi: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
texazzpete:

I continually mourn the old anonimi who once stood for justice. Now you're just one of many PDP lapdogs.

How did they get to you? Money? Fine babes? Did someone promise you a council slot someday?

Once you railed against all 'hooligans in power'. Now you complain against only one against one set of hooligans while your corrupt paymasters get kudos from you.

Either way, this is a topic that touches Nigeria's foreign policy. Nothing to do with PDP or APC, just how shabbily Nigerians as a whole are treated by South Africa. Keep on topic or STFU.

I complain against "one set of hooligans" who are hoodwinking the gullible mumus to believe they are saviours so they can be seen for the HYPOCRITES they are.

Can you show me where "my corrupt paymasters are getting kudos from me" Just one instance will suffice.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by texazzpete(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

I complain against "one set of hooligans" who are hoodwinking the gullible mumus to believe they are saviours so they can be seen for the HYPOCRITES they are.

Can you show me where "my corrupt paymasters are getting kudos from me" Just one instance will suffice.
Thanks.

Can you explain why in the past few months all your efforts are directed against APC governors while PDP Governors are spared your scrutiny?

Don't get me wrong. The lot of them are crooked. But when you pick one group constantly for your diatribes, it is certainly suspicious.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by redsun(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
anonimi:

It could have been better said.A man who set his house on fire trying to put out the fie in another's.

Stupid,ini't.
Re: Gov.fashola Unscripted-"we Are The Ones Being Driven Out Of South Africa. Why? by agbameta: 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
redsun:

It could have been better said.A man who set his house on fire trying to put out the fie in another's.

Stupid,ini't.

It's very well ok to set your own house on fire and let it burn down because another man didn't kill his own fire?

See how i.diotic and rretarded you people sound as usual?

Dullardism and upside down thinking no go kill you people sha...

(1) (Reply)

Lagbaja Shun Osun State PDP Rally / REVEALED: APC FINANCIER OF THE BRINGBACKOURGIRLS CAMPAIGN / Arise.tv And Its Claims Are Scam, Owned By NDUKA OBAIGBENA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.