Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,645 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

What Are The Products Nigeria Make? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are The Products Nigeria Make? (15587 Views)

How To Start A Rice Farming Business In Nigeria - Make Millions! / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? / Would Shelters In Nigeria Make a Difference to the Community? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by opyzy(m): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
We manufacture bomb kudos to boko haram angry
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Able4christ(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria manufacture many products н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥я̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ in 9ja but mistake most of the company make is they use foreing label like chinese, osaka japan, indonesia etc 9ja una too much joor.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ishilove: Op, you must be a learner. We produce so many things here.

Abakaliki rice: Forget that the stones in it are in equal proportion with the rice grains, rice na rice cheesy

Cassava bread: Forget the high starch content. Bread na bread

Indomie noodles: Forget that the spice(MSG) in it is carcinogenic (cancer causing). The taste is off da shizzle.

Gala and lacasera: Forget that lacasera is a detergent (or so I heard), and the meat in the gala looks very suspicious. It is the unbeatable traffic combo.

Soleh/kill and dry/ rat bomb/otapiapia: These pesky rodent exterminators can compete favourably in the world market. Costs just 50 naira cheesy

Agege bread: You can never go wrong with agege bread. Saving lives since the 1980s ( also destroyed more than a few kidneys with it's high bromate contents before NAFDAC banned the use of bromate)

Various ankara materials in the market. Forget that the colours run horribly at the first washing. They look pretty before you wash them.

Paraga: This liver destroying alcoholic concotion can compete with whiskey and vodka, any day, any time.

Ernesto Gbmbf banger/knockout: (More like bombs). The christmas season is incomplete the without the BOOM! GBOWA! GBOM!! of these firecrackers. I watched an AIT programme many years ago where three out of five fingers on the left hand of a cute teenage boy was blown to pieces by one of these bombs bangers, but that is not the issue here.

Nollywood movies, even though 80% of the movies are brain dumbing crap.

Drugs: Those wonder drugs that salesmen with fetid breaths advertise in molues are proudly made in Nigeria. These drugs can do anything from curing infertility to driving away evil spirits.

Etc.

No wait, I think banger is imported... undecided
Sounds like you being sarcastic and disparaging Nigerian Products,that is not fair at all,since most of all you have mentioned have their equivalents in other Countries,with sometimes worse Characteristics. Or is it only Nigeria that has Noodles with MSG in their Spice or near toxic Beverages?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Curiouscity(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
phuck_NL:

Rather unnecessary topic if i may add. This is not news and there is nothing to be ashamed of. To produce the toothpick and matches that you are referring to requires "optimization, control, mechanization, and proper distribution channels" The most important factor is industrialisation. Anyone can make toothpicks and matches in Nigeria but NOT EVERYONE can make them in BULK Quantities at a good enough profit margin. The answer is simple. NEPA. You require industrial control systems and machines to produce this "so called trivial" materials in BULK. Where is the power for the required factories going to come from? Most of them have to rely on Diesel generators. The answer is simple. It costs more to make in Nigeria so any sane business would rather import. So there is nothing to be ashamed of. We simply do not have the enabling environment.

While I may agree with your analysis of bulk production and profit margin, the topic is not 'unnecessary'. What would you rather want to discuss? The points you brought are worth considering by anyone thinking of making any Nigerian product not toothpick. So topic is not only necessary, but CRUCIAL. Or are you an importer?

On the NEPA or PHCN issue, it boils down to our attitude to government work and business. NEPA was suppose to operate like an enterprise, generate money to run its business including paying of staff while using the profit to offset government investment. Rather our uncles, fathers, brothers, sisters and friends turned it into their corruption den. Every year government appropriate money to NEPA, with the bulk going to pay salaries and little left to generate more power. Who are the ones working in NEPA? People we know and sometimes related to.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by purplekayc(m): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
XLR8: I was so annoyed when I checked a pack of safety matches and saw "made in india". Someone also said we actually import Toothpicks!! :O. Recently GEJ just banned the importation of fishes. We import almost everything. Though I know we export some edible goods majorly fruits but we don't really make them. The oil we are exporting also, we don't produce it unlike countries like germany, china that is known for producing cars and USA..forget
So I was wondering what product can Nigeria actually boast of producing and exporting and making huge incentives.
rubber bathing bucket
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
mickyarams: It's pathetic, isn't it? We can't boast of something ingenious that we produce.
are u kidding me? did u no dat Nigeria is a major agricultural producer n exporter? have u been to aba n Onitsha before?.......... like my teacher would say, "if u re not informed den u re deformed?

#peace

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
myOGAonTOP: NIGERIA produces the best ELECTRICAL CABLES in the world.
We also produce the best plastic spoons in the world grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by OlamideGirl(f): 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Preboy: are u kidding me? did u no dat Nigeria is a major agricultural producer n exporter? have u been to aba n Onitsha before?.......... like my teacher would say, "if u re not informed den u re deformed?

#peace
chee u r minding dem ni........ao bout dangote,honeywell,unilever nigeria,chi products,solo phones(thou i neva c am b4),house of tara cosmestics,fashion designers,nigerian beweries,iron sheets,globacom etc......for more just visit www.google.com
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by ManTiger(m): 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mikee competing with Nike
Adidos competing with Adidas
Boko Haram rat killer
Otapiapia
Kulikuli
Epa
Garri of various kind
Ofada Rice
Ilesa Rice
and the highest exporter of Criminals and corruption.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Come Aba come see manufacturing
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by victorazy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Na we produce Wizkid, 2face, Genevive, Aki an Pawpawa etc. And na we produce Nollywood second in the world grin
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nogodre: 8:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
Rat poison is actually made in naija. Turning garri na we dey do am too. Complete d rest
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ok, let's go to our indigenous clusters:
Nnewi

.Innoson vehicles
Cables: cutix, etc. Nig cables are good.
Machine parts
Motor parts: fan belts, etc
Plastics
Chemical industries
Aba

Phone parts and accessories
Clothes
Shoes
belts, socks
fashion accessories
Paints
name them.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nogodre: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
The truth is dat naija produces mostly consumable goods
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by solomon111(m): 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria is even better.
Atleast we have some level of manufacturing and we export too.
Most african countries are chronic importing nations.
Until we change our mentality,africa will remain doomed.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by vanguard1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria manufactures vehicles-----innoson(IVM), clothes, plastics,electric wires etc
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Lmao boko Horam rat killer

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Theben(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Peak milk made in holland sells for 120Naira while the Nigerian version is sold at the rate 100Naira despite having the same quality. Yet more people request for the Holland made milk. And you guys expect a producer to label his product with made in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by joelenesleek(f): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
We produce ABA.
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by GentleFrank(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
They are too many to mention !
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Kayendy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote author=Taylor184]Many things.....But we dont value them.......
Big shoutout to my Aba brothers

Confirm guy............. Aba shoes like timberland, aba gum, aba paint.... Infact almost everytin naija imports. Can be produced in aba whether directly oy indirectly

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by sonickay(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
What I can say Nigeria produces indigenously and uniquely according to international standard is Cement, oil production is nothing to write home about without good refineries.

36th to comment, dancing etighi...afam. Skelewu x9....who says 39 to comment is not superior than first to comment. Ask Gov. Akpabio, "16 is more superior to 19" and vice versa
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
No country produces everything in the world! That's the reason importation and exportation exists. To your question

-Automobiles (Cars, Trucks, Buses) - The only country with vehicle manufacturing company in Africa
-Computers
-Cement - Largest producer in Africa.
-Electrical Cables
-Refined Sugar
-Processed Consumables (Corn flakes, Milk, Chocolate, Peanut snacks, Rice etc)
-Drinks (Chivita, Dansa, Five alive etc).
-Fabrics and clothes
-Cosmetic Products
-Kitchen Utensils.
-Insecticides

and a lot more!
If you think Nigeria is not producing anything, it only goes to show you know nothing about your country!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by tonychristopher: 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE SHAME? how many of your folks are producing ...I am from nnewi and I know that a lot of production is going on not all these milo and noodles ..innosson cars are there, cutix cables are there, zinox computers , ovim tablets and phones, emzor pharmaceuticals,Orange drugs, have you people been to aba ....seriously you people go to aba and don't stay there and talk nonsense.

BUNCH OF ARM CHAIR CRITICS MOST OF YOUR FATHERS NEVER PRODUCED WRAPPED WATER. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TALK DOWN ON ANY THING PRODUCED IN NIGERIA CALLING IT IGBO MADE.

SHAME ON YOU

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by toideve(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
zinox computers are made in Nigeria

una de downgrade our own sha and it's not really funny. Innoson Vehicles are made in Nigeria anyways
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Theben(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
speedyboi: No country produces everything in the world! That's the reason importation and exportation exists. To your question

-Automobiles (Cars, Trucks, Buses) - The only country with vehicle manufacturing company in Africa
-Computers
-Cement - Largest producer in Africa.
-Electrical Cables
-Refined Sugar
-Processed Consumables (Corn flakes, Milk, Chocolate, Peanut snacks, Rice etc)
-Drinks (Chivita, Dansa, Five alive etc).
-Fabrics and clothes
-Cosmetic Products
-Kitchen Utensils.
-Insecticides

and a lot more!
If you think Nigeria is not producing anything, it only goes to show you know nothing about your country!
Mechionu gi! Is south africa not an african country?
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yoyo bitters
oroki herbal mixture
taiye alagbo jedi
alomo
kparaga etc
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by winnieG1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
myOGAonTOP: NIGERIA produces the best ELECTRICAL CABLES in the world.

CORRECT, click www.naijamotions.com to see for yourself
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
opposson phones cheesy...sounds like d surname of an igbo man
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Lanresnett(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria produces eja, not the type jonah banned o, the other one!!!
Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
Theben:
Mechionu gi! Is south africa not an african country?

Cars are assembled in South Africa. There's no south african car manufacturing company!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Products Nigeria Make? by kavey10(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
baggy4luv: catapault

LMFAO! This guy should be banned for eternity! LOL! Catapault!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Giving Habit Affects My Friendship / Witness Reveals How Akingbola Allegedly Bought London Property For £9.7 Million / What Is The Best Financial Advice You’ve Ever Been Given Or Learned On Nairalan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.