Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past (883 Views)

8 Marriage Secret A Mother Must Tell Her Daughter. / Telling Them About Her Past Relationship Keep Driving Them Away- Advise Her. / We Must Tell Him The Truth Before Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by ojjp: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Some past could be so dirty and irritating.
Is it really necessary to tell your fiance/fiancee about your dirty past?
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by DavidKissinger(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Some would say "some things are better left unsaid" but if I intend making it a long term relationship, Then Yes, I deserve to know because they would always pop up in future.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by ojjp: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
David_Kissinger: Some would "some things are better left unsaid" but if I intend making it a long term relationship, Then Yes, I deserve to know because they would always pop up in future.
wht if u knw sayin it might cause break up?
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2013
If it'sapadt that might hunt and hurt both of you in future, then, by all means say it.

If she ever asks you, for any reason, DON'T LIE TO HER!

If dose 2 tins are nt der nd it's a really messed up but totally gone past, leave it where it is! cool
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by passionate88: 6:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
It is a must!. I don't want no past springin up to disturb me future. We must come clean and if she decieded to lie jst to protect smtin and I discover it in the future, #goodbye should b expected.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Castos(m): 7:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
Tell her the ones she should know or you might find out that she'd prefer you never told her that.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Castos(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
passionate88: It is a must!. I don't want no past springin up to disturb me future. We must come clean and if she decieded to lie jst to protect smtin and I discover it in the future, #goodbye should b expected.
There are things that are better not said. I support you being entitled to hear the ones that might jeopardize the relationship in the future or rather at the moment.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Teespice(f): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
I feel that all details gory or not should be told to one's partner. But what happens when all you have said is used against you later or one person who cannot come to terms with your past decides to walk away?

Let it all out, he who would stay would stay. He who wants to go should let the door hit him on his way out.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by DavidKissinger(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
ojjp: wht if u knw sayin it might cause break up?

I still would, gone are those days when you work your a.ss off to get someone to stay with you. If she can't handle 'your past', Then fine! she's free to go.

That aside, someone above said something really thought-provoking, "what if the past is one that can be used against you?"

And that leads to my sincere take on this issue, I'm someone who would wanna know how bad you've been and hopefully forgive & forget it all, but unveiling mine? hmm! It's a "camel passing through a needle eye" situation. Yeah, you may think that's selfish. But Hey! After all said and done, who proves to be the understanding one? Me of course! cheesy
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Not matter how bad ur past is, its only right you let your partner knw abt it.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Enegod(m): 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Suffer with your guilt and take it to the
grave - alone...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by 190: 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
which one be PAST AGAIN

The person nor get PAST too
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by ojjp: 7:28am On Dec 11, 2013
Qhal: Not matter how bad ur past is, its only right you let your partner knw abt it.
wht if he/she neva asked abt it?
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Popowaa: 7:36am On Dec 11, 2013
If it's necessay he knws then i will come clean but not everything must be known even if he ask.Some guys will ask you nicely then later use it against you,there are some things i wont even disclose at gun point.What you dont wont kill you.
Re: Reasons Why One Must Tell His/her Partner About His/her Past by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 11, 2013
ojjp: wht if he/she neva asked abt it?
That's a different issue

(1) (Reply)

She Is 13 Years Younger Than I Am / Hmm........a Boy And A Girl's Psychological Thinking When They Are About Dating. / How To Care For A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.