Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,265 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC (16615 Views)

Great Jobs You Can Get In Nigeria Without A Degree / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? / Legitimate Jobs You Can Do Without Start-Up Capital In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by baggy4luv(m): 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
philusaau: STRAFING AND GETTING PAID FOR IT COZ I GOT SWAG
cobweb dey ur bwain
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
I did my NYSC with swag,after the 3week orientation,omo na run to Lagos,can't survive in that bushy community in Aramoko,Ekiti.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
I used to travel from kwara to Lagos on 911 to buy and sell GSM handsets

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by baggy4luv(m): 8:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nicepoker: u are a looser
u be renowned imbesile..oloryburudie
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by baggy4luv(m): 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Yomieluv: I did my NYSC with swag,after the 3week orientation,omo na run to Lagos,can't survive in that bushy community in Aramoko,Ekiti.
i nid ur cert to kiss ma arse

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by OCcool: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
davide470: As we countdown to a new and great year,let's put smile on our faces by re-living old/recent memories.

This thread is just for you to tell us about the 'jobs' you did or are doing while undergoing the mandatory youth service. Would start with mine:

• Shift Maintenance Engineer @ Ibadan Airport (No pay, just for the CV, nothing to maintain sef)
• Freelance photographer for Jovago
• Selling and tutoring of Process design softwares: HYSYS and PDMS
• Lesson tutor for WAEC and NECO GCE (moderate fee: just N300 per hour per person grin)

Well, for the records, am still serving and would be out early february.

Please share yours!!!!! cheesy
My Acada!!! Na ur son be dis
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
;DTeaching computer@200N/hr
...also buy n sell laptops

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
OC cool: My Acada!!! Na ur son be dis
Which of my sons?grin Because right now, I have a son, grandson and greatgrandson.. cheesy

..Make I comot dis my picture for NL sef.. cheesy
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
veave: home lesson teacher.
infact i loved d kids so much d@ the salary their dad was paying me, i always use it to buy things for them...
the look on their father's face wen result came out is priceless...
from 18th to 1st, from 7th to 1st and from 20th to 2nd position in class... Guys, i felt real good. still miss them anyway...
WOW!
That's a memory that would last forever! Thumbs up, Maam.

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by blakky97(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
After POP, did you go home or you took your own apartment? If you had a buissness that wasn't dependent on location, where would you prefer to stay between lagos and Ibadan?
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by saintneo(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Produced music mix on CDs
Created and directed adverts while in the OBS
Extra lectures on Eng Maths for Poly students
Teaching a kindergarten kid
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by proudlyAfrica(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
i'm still serving in Katsina and i'm into marketing of Startimes Decoder by God's grace will bid'em farewell by June with a pay of 20k per mnth apart frm my fed.allawee

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Emmysteve(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
Absolute nothing, no tym left, just waiting for passing out February. No time.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Cahmegga: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Interstate WAEC runs! Batch C 2012...as my PPA (Ose local govt. Secretariat, Ifon, Ondo State) no get work, had to move to Ikhin in Edo state...to help our youths out...LOOL

Man must keep body and soul together!

Also managed a snail farm at Ose local government secretariat, Ifon, Ondo State...very interesting stuff!
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Glocee(f): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
I organised free tutorial for my J.s.s 3 students . I also tried selling recharge cards that i alone patronized myself

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Sike(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
Rental service.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by lafex: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
I did private coacching @20k per month.
Did general lesson @350 per hour
sold digital camera
served as inec officer
and
did nbs research work
Though I served in Abuja 12/13Batch B

3 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by slimjoe87(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Senator James: What a great and interesting experience I had during my service year.

I will love to share mine. None is odd because I did it out of passion, the other one is an innovation.

1) I took some school children Home Lesson because of my love for children, but I dropped it when I became NCCF Zonal Papa because of tight schedule.

Innovative: with the love I had for children, One of my friend and I organized "SANTA CLAUS" during last year Chrismas vacation in some Nursery schools and we made good money. I have been planning the same here in Ibadan this period before I gained employement in november.

Yagba East (Isanlu), Kogi state. 12/13 batch B
same batch wit me*servd in ph..am stil searching sha..
My odd jobs waz immunisation plus days monitor..waz equaly teachn in a sch dey pay me 13k pa mnth 4 jst twice a week teaching..
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Ubechu1(m): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
tiamiyukunle69: No odd jobs. I'm a Vet Doctor, just doing some private practice. I go pass out nxt Feb
pls Kunle can i get ur contact, maybe add u on whatsapp..cus i've got many question for you. I was admitted into the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in UNN. So i just wanted to get in touch with a Vet. to knw a little about it and the career prospect in Nigeria, although, i intended going 4 Med. Surg. but did'nt reach the cutoff mark, so i got Vet. medicine....Thanks in Anticipation
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by slimjoe87(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Senator James: What a great and interesting experience I had during my service year.

I will love to share mine. None is odd because I did it out of passion, the other one is an innovation.

1) I took some school children Home Lesson because of my love for children, but I dropped it when I became NCCF Zonal Papa because of tight schedule.

Innovative: with the love I had for children, One of my friend and I organized "SANTA CLAUS" during last year Chrismas vacation in some Nursery schools and we made good money. I have been planning the same here in Ibadan this period before I gained employement in november.

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Not really odd though. Did few ushering jobs for d crossriver state govt in calabar town(will Neva forget calabar jazz festival,met bez,dharey,Kate henShaw, dakore and the likes). Some 5k per day.some times 10k per day. Was seasonal though.
When oga Jona came early this year .I ushered. cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Dannylux: 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
booqee: I don't know why I like Dannylux, anytime I see his moniker I feel a shock run down my spine embarassed

I know why, what's not to like? smiley
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by MrEverest(m): 10:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
During my service year, i did both odd and even jobs!

I served in Lokoja, Kogi state and my PPA was in a government directorate and it afforded me the opportunity to traverse the state to inspect projects once in a while, you know ministry things with time flexibility so I decided to go to a government sec school were I thought Geography for SS1(a,b,c,d), 2(a and b) and 3, all the classes had more than 50 students and stress almost killed me when I was marking there test and exam scripts, funny enough the salary was 3500 but the principal later increased mine to 6000 naira when he saw my effort! (Though it was the passion rather financial benefit that motivated me).
Ab initio, I worked briefly as a sales man for one consumer goods company( it was really degrading and I had to stop).

I also worked as ad hoc staff for inec during the state's gubernatorial election( it was indeed a nightmare as we had to run into the bush later in the evening when some gun totting APC thugs arrived and started shooting sporadically due to mere rumour they heard that PDP members were conniving with corpers to rig the election)

Finally, I did what all corpers, sorry most did, which is the fact that I drilled some holes! No thanks to the fact that I studied Geology but this time I was not prospecting for Oil or water but the pleasures of chemistry.

IT WAS INDEED FUN!!!

I also doubled as president for my CDS group and before I passed out, I launched my book and it turned out to be success!

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by jfkenny(m): 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
pls house is it possible for one to be working with state government and doing his nysc. I hopes to serve in Feb 2014
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Opiosko: 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
None yet, Batch C/13. Office hours Cds and monthly clearance, no duty just si don luk. Mtcheeew
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by madridsta007(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
1. Teaching AutoCAD to the managers where I worked. And fellow corpers too. grin
2. Buying and selling laptops
3. Painting portraits, making greeting cards and calligraphic writings.
4. Marketing and selling foreign procured USB sticks and hard drives for my friend where I worked- I had my cut too.

Men, service year was one of my mega years... And I didn't have time for ladies, refused to have or keep any girlfriend too. It helps cutting cost!

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by veave(f): 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
tnx dave...
guys pls lets try to give back to the society. no matter how small.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by thiefnubu(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
Durin my youth service, I worked as a part-time motor park tout (agbero)... money dey there gan o..... grin
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ubechu1: pls Kunle can i get ur contact, maybe add u on whatsapp..cus i've got many question for you. I was admitted into the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in UNN. So i just wanted to get in touch with a Vet. to knw a little about it and the career prospect in Nigeria, although, i intended going 4 Med. Surg. but did'nt reach the cutoff mark, so i got Vet. medicine....Thanks in Anticipation
Just reach me on 08060715385, or add me on facebuk using tiamiyukunle69@yahoo.com. I wish u God's best bro
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by frankkydee(m): 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
I taught biology 3rd term n then started teaching computer studies from Jss 1 to SS 3 in new term.witout payment in Benue state.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Namady(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
davide470: As we countdown to a new and great year,let's put smile on our faces by re-living old/recent memories.

This thread is just for you to tell us about the 'jobs' you did or are doing while undergoing the mandatory youth service. Would start with mine:

• Shift Maintenance Engineer @ Ibadan Airport (No pay, just for the CV, nothing to maintain sef)
• Lesson tutor for WAEC and NECO GCE (moderate fee: just N300 per hour per person grin)

Being a science student I have no any teaching experience and when they were delivering the lecture during the camp I didn't learn, And I was posted to 1 C.S.S Aguobu Iwollo, Ezeago LG in Enugu, Mhen When I got there, they said I'm gonna be their Physics teacher for SS1,2 and 3. To make it shot: it was kinda hectic for me you know, but I'm almost done now just waiting to pass out dis FEB inshaa Allah! I luv Enugu state and its people and trust me I'll spend the rest of my days missing NYSC life!

Being a science student I have no any teaching experience and when they were delivering the lecture during the camp I didn't learn, And I was posted to 1 C.S.S Aguobu Iwollo, Ezeago LG in Enugu, Mhen When I got there, they said I'm gonna be their Physics teacher for SS1,2 and 3. To make it shot: it was kinda hectic for me you know, but I'm almost done now just waiting to pass out dis FEB inshaa Allah! I luv Enugu state and its people and trust me I'll spend the rest of my days missing NYSC life!

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by piagetskinner(m): 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2013

Oboy eee...na my "fillage" b that oo...hop u enjoyed the place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stanbic Bank Is Recruiting! / My Dad Pension Is It Worth It / 7up Nigeria Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.