Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,212 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC (16614 Views)

Great Jobs You Can Get In Nigeria Without A Degree / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? / Legitimate Jobs You Can Do Without Start-Up Capital In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Mcmaye(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2013
philusaau: STRAFING AND GETTING PAID FOR IT COZ I GOT SWAG

Ss3 students. are not invited here!
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Mcmaye(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2013
booqee: busted! But pls no offence, is seun paying pple who made front page?? Why all these space keeping wahala??
Nairalanders, watch in a minute time the above post will soon be modified. grin

U read my mind,
One more Q, does the FTC get anything too?
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by abbeyty(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Allohrandy: I served at a Community secondary in Udi LGA Enugu 2011-2012. My ppa was a special center for WAEC and NECO and we had up to 200 SSCE students in my school . Unfortunately, My ppa only physics teacher was pregnant when I was posted there so I was the only physic teacher available. The odd job I did was I got involved in WAEC exam malpractice and I got paid 1000 naira per exam by the school principal to help the science students. I made lots of cash during that exam period grin grin grin. All my students ended up doing well when the results came back and none of my students failed physics and chemistry in WAEC. I really miss Enugu state and I cant wait to visit Enugu again.

you are one of nigeria problems, helping students to cheat during exam just cuz of N1000
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by John1305(m): 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Here in Akure..

Well ppa work was so demandin, couldn't try a job, but a few things I did (and still doing) are
1. I taught at a Church Sunday School..
2. I engaged in CDS personal projects.
3. Learnt a little bit a soap making.. And made some cool cash from it.
4. Thought myself "HTML"..Lolz.. Quite easy.
5. Made friends..

Its still on.. Till Feb. More things to do.. No time again o.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Rufex07(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
grin grin grin Taught computer studies in a private school for 7k/month (8hours a week), did printing/graphic designing jobs which raked in an average of 10k/month, free computer training/software installations for some corps members, teaching some church members/friends how to play bass guitar. "Ministry of no work facilitated and gave all these opportunities cos i hardly go to work except if i want to sign for the monthly clearance. It was interesting in all. And came back with two awards. AbiaState2012/2013 noni wink
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote author=slimjoe87] same batch wit me*servd in ph..am stil searching sha..
My odd jobs waz immunisation plus days monitor..
same with me...its cool though
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by ADUKKY(f): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
My PPA was GSSSS Biu as an English Teacher with only 2 classes so I had time to do other things like teaching soldiers wives how to read and write in Biu Barracks, Borno. Also did private home tutor for primary and secondary school students. Did buying and selling of second hand clothings while also preparing for my professional exam. Not to forget being the Zonal financial sec. of NCCF. Never a dull moment, always had something to do. 2009/A
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by EmmyDe25(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
Took up a per- time job in a private school teaching computer.... #10,000 a month.
Collected a typing contract with a school in which i typed all their examination questions from KG 1 - SS 3 - charging them #30 per page
Additionally, i do help in my PPA which is a Local Government with some computer stuffs and the boss do give me some stipends knowing fully well if those things were to be done by an outsider it would attract bigger pay.
Btw, i'll be passing out in February. #Eko Kopa.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by SenatorJames(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Cahmegga: Interstate WAEC runs! Batch C 2012...as my PPA (Ose local govt. Secretariat, Ifon, Ondo State) no get work, had to move to Ikhin in Edo state...to help our youths out...LOOL

Man must keep body and soul together!

Also managed a snail farm at Ose local government secretariat, Ifon, Ondo State...very interesting stuff!

My friend I'm sure this is how you also manage to graduate with third class after two extral years, examnation malpractices is now a legal source of income for you. I weep for some youth in this country. Sir, u need Jesus before its too late.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by blackmamba1: 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
I worked at a welders and wore goggles for most of the day. Not exactly the most comfortable assignment.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by blackmamba1: 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
I worked at a welders and wore goggles for most of the day. Not exactly the most comfortable assignment.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by yesboss20(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
*Now Your Success Commences*
I had high hopes for Youth Service year: wanted to work and live in a place that made sense, and one which was far from home (the West). I got my wish and was posted to Akwa Ibom State. Then, it happened. . .

¤ I was a teacher, Mathematics, of SS1 in a remote school (the stereotypical primary assignment)
¤ I got another teaching job at a Private Missionary school, Maths & Physics, practically all senior classes
¤ Involved in tutoring adults for WAEC twice-a-week
¤ Amateur landscape and miscellaneous Photography (this started right from the Nsit-Atai Orientation Camp)
¤ Traveling and sampling delicacies, very important! (not quite sure how odd it was but I did).
As time passed, I enjoyed teaching despite praying against it prior to deployment, it turned out to be an awesome experience especially in the South-South. Still keep contact with some of the students I taught (the most hilarious and unforgettable things happened there).
NYSC still remains a useful tool for cultural integration in Nigeria.

Ini LGA, AK/12C
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by speak2femz: 6:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
Cahmegga:
Interstate WAEC runs! Batch C 2012...as my PPA (Ose local govt. Secretariat, Ifon, Ondo State) no get work, had to move to Ikhin in Edo state...to help our youths out...LOOL

Man must keep body and soul together!

Also managed a snail farm at Ose local government secretariat, Ifon, Ondo State...very interesting stuff!
ose local govt! I was 2012/B. Ute
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Joecares: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
U dnt av to blame ppl who lack manners cause most times its genetic pls just trna elp him out since we have a papae in dis room. #irepteamebonyi#
if he is a looser, then you're a foo.l
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Joecares: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
U dnt av to blame ppl who lack manners cause most times its genetic pls just trna elp him out maybe lay hands on him and conduct 1 or 2 deliverance for him since we have a papae in dis room. #irepteamebonyi#
if he is a looser, then you're a foo.l
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2017
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Dad Pension Is It Worth It / Stanbic Bank Is Recruiting! / 7up Nigeria Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.