Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC (16616 Views)

Great Jobs You Can Get In Nigeria Without A Degree / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? / Legitimate Jobs You Can Do Without Start-Up Capital In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by piagetskinner(m): 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Servin in a university did give any room to do any extra odd jobs...xcept when we had cds...the stuffs we did/carried out could well b described as MENiAL
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by davide470(m): 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
Namady:
I luv Enugu state and its people and trust me I'll spend the rest of my days missing NYSC life![color=#006600]
..Are you sure you love Enugu or you love the 10k the state pays? cheesy
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Still searching with a few plans though
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by mkoabiola: 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
veave: home lesson teacher.
infact i loved d kids so much d@ the salary their dad was paying me, i always use it to buy things for them...
the look on their father's face wen result came out is priceless...
from 18th to 1st, from 7th to 1st and from 20th to 2nd position in class... Guys, i felt real good. still miss them anyway...
U 2much.
I lov u.

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by seangy4konji: 12:01am On Dec 20, 2013
I taught primary 2-6 Maths in Borno(Askira Uba) and the pay was N1500 PER MONTH and was knacking a lady for 500 box each round...Ok...I volunteered to drive one of the cars among a convoy of cars across the border along mala fatori with just pay of 5k and the risk was just like going to hell.alot.will update as i remember as dat was 2010/11..I thank God i left that place on time.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Allohrandy(m): 12:12am On Dec 20, 2013
I served at a Community secondary in Udi LGA Enugu 2011-2012. My ppa was a special center for WAEC and NECO and we had up to 200 SSCE students in my school . Unfortunately, My ppa only physics teacher was pregnant when I was posted there so I was the only physic teacher available. The odd job I did was I got involved in WAEC exam malpractice and I got paid 1000 naira per exam by the school principal to help the science students. I made lots of cash during that exam period grin grin grin. All my students ended up doing well when the results came back and none of my students failed physics and chemistry in WAEC. I really miss Enugu state and I cant wait to visit Enugu again.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by binhozie(m): 12:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Nicepoker: u are a looser

We agree...he's the looser
You're the LOSER
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by beejazzy(m): 1:11am On Dec 20, 2013
Hmmm! I turned myself into a proper farmer, I served in Oyo state, Saki west lg precisely, on weekends I buy enough tubers of yam load em up and bring down to Abeoukuta to sell @ double the price I got em, and by the time I get to Abeokuta, I'll just drop em off in a school where the teachers there are waiting for my arrival and pay me cash on delivery, things are quite cheap there so I really made some cool cash during ma service year
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by sokarsenal(m): 1:37am On Dec 20, 2013
davide470:
..Are you sure you love Enugu or you love the 10k the state pays? cheesy
that sullivan chime pays and he pays on time.......10k state alawee
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by CharlesShaw(m): 5:18am On Dec 20, 2013
Why do I have to engage myself In such?

No odd jobs mbok

2 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Obijulius: 5:21am On Dec 20, 2013
Served in Lagos 2006/2007.

While @ Iyana Ipaja camp I worked with a cafe/business center operator. Preparing CVs and application letters for fellow corpers.

Made enough money so I did not have to touch my allawi.

Star, roasted fish and suya were guaranteed every two days.

grin
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by kentochi(m): 6:00am On Dec 20, 2013
flinton: buying and selling, i rarely touched my fg, ppa and state allowance, it has bin fun

bros what type of buy and selling was that cos i will be serving by march will need to do some meaningful with my time.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by bxcode(m): 6:37am On Dec 20, 2013
more comments please cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by kossyablaze(m): 6:41am On Dec 20, 2013
philusaau: STRAFING AND GETTING PAID FOR IT COZ I GOT SWAG
Satan is coming for ur soul!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Hardheolar(m): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2013
Nicepoker: :u are a looser[quote author=gcfr.com] if he is a looser, then you're a foo.l
seconded. D guy nah compound fool coupled with idiotism
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Hardheolar(m): 6:42am On Dec 20, 2013
gcfr.com:
if he is a looser, then you're a foo.l
seconded. D guy nah compound fool coupled with idiotism
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Adycherie(f): 6:50am On Dec 20, 2013
[quote
If 19,800 is peanut, wat would u call 9,500.
I did notin during my time.
Kagoro, Kaduna State.

author=booqee]none yet. Aint even got d time for now,
after school i get so busy learning some skills. Tho i'm still hoping
to see one. Dat 19,800 na peanut. Mtcheww angry
[/quote]
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by slimstanakacns(m): 7:11am On Dec 20, 2013
I served @ a cottage hospital bt in my spare time i engaged in hair stylist n treatment ,though i started up as a barber bt now a good @ making ur hair look lik a style ,is a passion coz i wanna leave d medical world to beauty n fashion
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Chrislaug(m): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2013
2005/2006 Batch. Sold Weed, SK...
Man my cold days, they called me Z.I. General.
Check my logic, smokers don't like seeds in their weed
Send me them seeds I'll grow 'em what they need
And I'm selling them 200 a pop god damn it.
Step on grapes put in water and tell you its wine.
If you analyze me back then,what you'll find is the DNA of a El Chapo Guzman.
I made plans to make it, a prisoner of the state.
Now I can invite yo ass out to my estate.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by ignis: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2013
flinton: buying and selling, i rarely touched my fg, ppa and state allowance, it has bin fun
Congrats....

1 Like

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Aliyubest(m): 7:22am On Dec 20, 2013
Mine was an interesting one, i ll just list them below:
1. Home tutor (paid N1200 per hour), mehn i was earnin twice my alawi . I did it for 4month until my ican examz preparations came knockin.
2. Marketing job , was into selling of clothing materials, supply of gift items for wedding, etc.
3 computer maintaince for all the public schs @ ajeromi lga (my ppa).
And guess what am still serving, #team 13A batch
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by lurge(m): 7:28am On Dec 20, 2013
davide470: As we countdown to a new and great year,let's put smile on our faces by re-living old/recent memories.

This thread is just for you to tell us about the 'jobs' you did or are doing while undergoing the mandatory youth service. Would start with mine:

• Shift Maintenance Engineer @ Ibadan Airport (No pay, just for the CV, nothing to maintain sef)
• Freelance photographer for Jovago
• Selling and tutoring of Process design softwares: HYSYS and PDMS
• Lesson tutor for WAEC and NECO GCE (moderate fee: just N300 per hour per person grin)

Well, for the records, am still serving and would be out early february.

Please share yours!!!!! cheesy
Guy I like ur spirit. You know what you want. Me I tried using my computer skills to offer downloading/online registration services but that village local sotey I barely got clients. Just a few dJs who wanted songs. I finished serving Oct 13 at a village called Efa in Etinan LG, Akwa Ibom
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Zenanted(m): 7:36am On Dec 20, 2013
MissIndependent: Following. cool

Dont follow dear Thnk of wat to do, me presently I import and sell Android phones and tablets.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by sagitarius(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2013
I worked as an internet cafe attendant. That was d year WAEC introduced online registration and online result checking. The website was usually very slow especially during the day, so we had 2 collect the registration details and check it over night. Those small children could hala if their results were not ready ehn... Man don hustle sha. Phew, now it all seems funny but back then, it was real wahala
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Neaman(m): 7:52am On Dec 20, 2013
I taught in a private sch outside my PPA (ministry of no work tins) was paid 10k per month.
I became an MC overnite,anchored many shows (neva knw i had that talent).i did most of them for free sha..hopes to start gettin big pays one day.
Nysc Akwaibom was fun.. by febuary.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Yul025(f): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2013
embarassed
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by nwapee(m): 8:35am On Dec 20, 2013
I served at Abakpa Nike, Enugu. I was a keyboardist in a high life band in enugu. D pay was awesome.
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Koolface4u: 9:17am On Dec 20, 2013
hotel receptionist in abia state 2012/2013
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Weasel(m): 10:36am On Dec 20, 2013
NYSC 2007/2008 (Yenagoa)

I did the oddest job at that town. I was posted to the local Government office there (4k a month). Boredom nearly killed me because there was no work to be done there. After combing the whole town in search of a job, I saw this "opportunity"...... paid 800 bucks a day (4,000 a week), for mixing cement..... bricklayer work!! After using my week's allowance to buy pain killers nobody advised me before I ran off.

Later got a job in a bank there. Phew!!

4 Likes

Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Friendlyheart22(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2013
I did projects for final year students and took trainings + professional examinations just to add to cv! 19,800 nor follow @ all... Passing out in feb! Cnt wait...
Re: Odd 'jobs' You Did During NYSC by Oluschenco(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Sawmill Cashier,
After school tutorial for Primary school pupils, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Dad Pension Is It Worth It / 7up Nigeria Recruitment 2018 / CV Format For A Customer Service Job Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.