Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan (34852 Views)

Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / ASUU And FG Who Is To Be Blamed For This Strike ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by ballabriggs: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2013
awodman:
CBN doesn't get its data on crude sales figure from NNPC but from foreign press..remember on this rebuttal by NNPC,they stated that Sanusi understated the total crude oil lifting by 4.13%... According to them 618.55m barrels was lifted against Sanusi's quoted 594.024 million barrels..So you can see clearly that there is a communication gap between both organizations

Mr will you shut up your mouth. CBN gets its data from foreign press? Is that the best lie you can come out with.

These are the CBN Governor's words here,

"Our analysis of the value of crude oil export proceeds based on the documentation received from pre-shipment inspectors shows that between January 2012 and July 2013 NNPC lifted 594,024,107 barrels of crude valued at $65,332,350,514.57".

He has based his assertions on official documents received. If the NNPC spokesman is telling us that the figures are indeed higher. We are then forced to ask, who underreported these exports?

Secondly the NNPC spokesman did not respond to this,

"Finally, your Excellency, we would like to report that NNPC has failed to keep up with payments of its levies under Nigerian Export Supervision Scheme (NESS) in line with this law, and currently owes the Federal Government N22 billion."

Has the NNPC failed to remit this? He did not say. All I see is an attempt to discredit the CBNs assertions which is the same criminal tactics we have seen over and over again.

Let us even assume that the NNPC was not meant to remit this amount. This letter was written to Jona in September, we are in December going to January, what has been done to see that the appropriate department makes this return to the federation account?

We are talking billions of dollars and not naira. Is he not moved as the President that some organisations have failed to remit revenue in billions of dollars due to the treasury?

He cannot be bothered as he is the leader of the gang.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2013
who knows the ones that have not been leacked

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by gondie: 11:29am On Dec 11, 2013
you will never understand bro.
the point is no rebuttal will work for them as long as the allegation was against their number one enemy(GEJ).
I won't be surprise if they start cheering PEJ if she turns against GEJ today.

awodman: I just wanna understand something..

Please have we gotten to the point that the person who makes an allegation is definitely right no matter how cogent and convincing the rebuttals are?
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 11, 2013
eGuerrilla: Offical response provided by NNPC...

Source

So the figures are correct then. The problem is now who is submitting what to who. It does appear that not a lot of people in that administration has and end to end view of things. GEJ should get his act together and build a team-based administration. They are all over the place at the moment.

This is a massive loss of credibility on the part of SLS if NNPS statements appear to be correct. Why did he not approach NNPC directly before playing amebo to the president.
This lack of articulation of facts could well be a mirror of what goes on within CBN if NNPS proves SLS wrong.
Gosh, this is an un acceptable mess!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Billyonaire: The response from NNPC is highly professional, just the opposite of what Sanusi wrote.

Can the President be allowed to even concentrate ? How can Sanusi not understand the workings of the Government parastatals after 4yrs, I can only assume he was judgmental while proceeding with his investigations hence the display of ignorance.

I keep emphasizing that intelligence should be channeled to innovations, not ignorant criticisms. I remember someone saying that Polymer is the best thing in the world of currency, then rescind later after billions have been wasted. Someone also so said, economy will crumble without 5000 notes, almost making me believe him, now we haven't crumbled without the 5000 notes, the last thing I want is another mallam confusing us. Now another mallam is preaching "Body Language".

I take a bow

Exactly what I was going to say, as usual, precisely put.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by megaomo(m): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2013
grin
Whats funny unfortunately is that this issue will go through the usual federal house of assembly/apc/nigerian press's lip service and blow over.

On the real if this is true and the facts and analysis are accurate! Sounds like a 'ghen ghen' ish.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:42am On Dec 11, 2013
EBK2:

So the figures are correct then. The problem is now who is submitting what to who. It does appear that not a lot of people in that administration has and end to end view of things. GEJ should get his act together and build a team-based administration. They are all over the place at the moment.

This is a massive loss of credibility on the part of SLS if NNPS statements appear to be correct. Why did he not approach NNPC directly before playing amebo to the president.
This lack of articulation of facts could well be a mirror of what goes on within CBN if NNPS proves SLS wrong.
Gosh, this is an un acceptable mess!

The gang up of the extremist North and West.
GEJ is a blessing, if it was their likes that is in Aso Rock, I bet there'ld be no Nigeria and no oil revenue to start with.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by TechWalker007: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2013
taharqa: Did you IJIOTS read d Response of d NNPC or am I missing smtin here??
They read the lines that suits their hate for GEJ.
SLS has been rubbished by NNPC who by the way did not intend what APC is insinuating.
There's also a thread where one of the parastatals mentioned declared their remittance to CBN.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 11, 2013
we have moles within GEJ's government shocked I thought he was the chief mole in the wiki-leaks saga.see me see trouble ohh
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Gdjay(m): 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ngwakwe: We will get to the root of the matter as more information and detailed explanations of claims and counter claims surface.

It is either Sanusi Lamido wants to claim I too know where his ignorance started or NNPC is trying to convince Nigerians that there was communication gap between CBN and NNPC..

We are yet to hear how NOI, DAM and Jonathan connived to swindle the 76% of $65 Billion belonging to all of us or was it an attempt to lynch our top most enemies and shout corruption, corruption where it never existed.

We will be waiting for more information to enable us (the citizens) to add one and two in order to see if we will get three.
All I'm saying is this, why did Seun create a 'like' button, yet there is none for 'dislike'.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by zeennurei(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sunny_bobo: This is what happens when you have a man with Masters in Islamic studies heading the Central Bank.

See Mumu and how does this goten to effect his job, talent and his experience in the banking sector? if you do not know whos is SLS you can read this;

Sanusi was born on 31 July 1961 Sanusi graduated from King's College Lagos in 1977 and studied at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria earning a BSc & Msc in Economics in 1981 & 1983. He then taught economics at ABU from 1983 to 1985. He also obtained a degree & Masters in Islamic law from International University of Africa, Khartoum
In 1985 Sanusi joined Icon Limited (Merchant Bankers), a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust Bank of New York, and Baring Brothers of London. He moved to the United Bank for Africa in 1997 in the Credit and Risk Management Division, rising to the position of a General Manager. In September 2005, he joined the Board of First Bank of Nigeria as an Executive Director in charge of Risk and Management Control, and was appointed Group Managing Director (CEO) in January 2009. He was also the Chairman, Kakawa Discount House and sat on the Board of FBN Bank (UK) Limited. Sanusi is recognized in the banking industry for his contribution towards developing a Risk Management culture in the Nigerian banking sector. First Bank is Nigeria's oldest bank and one of the biggest financial institutions in Africa Sanusi was the first Northerner to be appointed CEO in First Bank's history of more than a century.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Go on Amechi, keep squeezing their balls and reveal more if you have. bunch of thieves
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by caesaraba(m): 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
texazzpete:

[size=14pt]Well, we both know that the CBN Governor has been collecting accolades for his stewardship.

You, on the other hand, will remain an unheralded internet troll. [/size]

XX,CZCC,BackZ

Brutality!!!

Game over!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by seangy4konji: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
We need to pray for this country before they FINISH THIS PUBLIC MONEY and we all suffer the consequences...The sanusi man knows what he is saying and for him to say this particular oneIts the height to let people know money is missing and people are behind it...Goodluck has really encouraged even the normal rat in their thieving government to believe they can always get away with looting and corrupt practice....May God help me oo.....
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by seangy4konji: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
If they behead 2 ministers to serve as scape goats then i think maybe they will all sit up and stop thieving this money because,all this money being stolen are what other countries use to make their citizens look like Kings in our eyes while just 10-100 people will put what is meant to serve and create job for millions of Nigerians in their own foreign country accounts....
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by nuelibe: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hero indeed.
Media propaganda. Ameachi is already a failed person.

dinachi: As usual the kindergarten President misses this one again! Amaechi is a HERO of the masses for leaking this letter so that we can know what is happening to our oil wealth. When he raised alarm about the loss of 5billion Dollars a lot of people thought he was joking now we know how bad it is. When jonathans incompetence is exposed they usually blame it on the opposition. Pray, tell how opposition take do this one? ENEMIES OF THE MASSES!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by teejan: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Goodluck just like David Moyes...so Clueless!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Orlarmeday(m): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]I think that is why Sanusi does not want to go for second term. The guy cannot continue working with GEJ
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by DisGuy: 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
SO when is Madam Ngozi the co-ordinating minister going to explain everything? Too many leakages and she pretends that all is well.

This is not the first time the NNPC's accounting has been questioned and this is not the first time the NNPC will claim opposition
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by PasaApasa: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
Political mongolos
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Akpangbon: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
Internet trolls having a field day.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by miqos02(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sunny_bobo: This is what happens when you have a man with Masters in Islamic studies heading the Central Bank.
this has nothing to do with religion. Nelson Mandela was right about nigerians afterall

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by blocker: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
You are not making sense. Sanusi is eminently qualified to head the CBN by qualification, experience and intergrity. In less than a year into his appointment he made similar claims against the house of assembly and backed it up with facts and figures then Yar Adua (who appointed him CBN head and also from Katsina State) was president. I wish we have more people like Sanusi.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by blocker: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
zeen nurei:

See Mumu and how does this goten to effect his job, talent and his experience in the banking sector? if you do not know whos is SLS you can read this;

Sanusi was born on 31 July 1961 Sanusi graduated from King's College Lagos in 1977 and studied at Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria earning a BSc & Msc in Economics in 1981 & 1983. He then taught economics at ABU from 1983 to 1985. He also obtained a degree & Masters in Islamic law from International University of Africa, Khartoum
In 1985 Sanusi joined Icon Limited (Merchant Bankers), a subsidiary of Morgan Guaranty Trust Bank of New York, and Baring Brothers of London. He moved to the United Bank for Africa in 1997 in the Credit and Risk Management Division, rising to the position of a General Manager. In September 2005, he joined the Board of First Bank of Nigeria as an Executive Director in charge of Risk and Management Control, and was appointed Group Managing Director (CEO) in January 2009. He was also the Chairman, Kakawa Discount House and sat on the Board of FBN Bank (UK) Limited. Sanusi is recognized in the banking industry for his contribution towards developing a Risk Management culture in the Nigerian banking sector. First Bank is Nigeria's oldest bank and one of the biggest financial institutions in Africa Sanusi was the first Northerner to be appointed CEO in First Bank's history of more than a century.
Thank you for this piece of information. Some people think he was selling suya at Garki, Abuja before his CBN appointment. Sanusi has made his stance on corruption abundantly clear at the risk of losing his job and yet people do not see this. The cliques and cartels fostering corruption would not allow such a man rule Nigeria. Quite sad sha.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Xeedorf: 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
It's our time to chop!
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by danox(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Even though previous governments did not sincerely fight against corruption,they at least roared a little bit to infuse some fear into the thieves and looters of our financial resources.This government however seems to be applauding those involved in pillaging and plundering our treasuries,For this and so many other corrupt practices being perpetrated under the watch of our President,posterity will judge Jonathan badly.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by omonla555: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
We need to sacrifice our lives to save dear Nigeria for our Children sake.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by omonla555: 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2013

You are a slowpoke, Sanusi is better than all the Economists from your Region and he has distinguished himself. If it has not been Jonathan's and his concubines Kleptomaniac tendencies, Nigeria would have advanced.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by caesaraba(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2013
omonla555: We need to sacrifice our lives to save dear Nigeria for our Children sake.

I agree 100%

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by mustaphagreens(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
gondie: What is that your name again?
Which village are you from?
do the needful; go and die
dude, sorry i've got to say this, you're not funny! You were just been called an olodo(illiterate) and instead of sitting back to think about ur life, you went ahead to perpetuate the insult with your reply. Truly i can't agree more.... an OLODO thatz what u truly are! tongue

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
I guess after 4 years as the CBN Governor, Sanusi is still ignorant of things in the Oil and Gas sector. Isn't it funny what the NNPC is trying to insunaute?

No be today NNPC don dey fail to remit funds to the federation account.
Re: Amaechi Blamed For Revealing Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan by Xano(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
ballabriggs: Sanusi has been Governor of CBN for over 4 years now and it is not the first time he has seen inflows into the federation account. If something unusual has happened, he can always tell.

For him to have written such a letter to Jona, then the situation must have gone really bad.

Nigerians pray hard for your country.

thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mediatakeout Wrote This About Oshiomhole & His Wife / "I Support President Buhari" Mega Rally In Kano (Photos) / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.