Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post (5346 Views)

Husband's Or Maiden Name, Which One Appears On A Married Ladys NYSC Certificate / If A Strange Woman And A Child Appears In Your Matrimonial Home / Dna Test Reveals That Mandela's Grandson Is Not By His Father, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Woged2005(f): 3:02am On Dec 13, 2013
December 12, 2013

According to New York Post a rainbow appeared over the Union Buildings, the country’s official seat of power in Pretoria, where the beloved world leader’s body is currently lying in state.

This has shocked the world. Coupled with the heavenly heavy rain in South Africa, reported inches of first snows in many cities that forced many offices in USA to close and kept many at home to watch his official funeral on Tuesday, now a rainbow over the building where his body is lying in state, are these mere co-incidence or have some significant meaning about the life of the man Madiba ?

[url] http://nypost.com/2013/12/12/rainbow-appears-over-mandelas-body/ [/url]

Update December 13, 2013:

Maybe it has no spiritual significance, maybe it's a co-incidence, however I'm inspired to live a better life starting from yesterday I read this. I hope d world does not sweep all this signs under the carpet bc he's a black man. Thank God d report was carried by d New York Post, and not by Vanguard Newspapers. They too read meaning into it. Maybe this would have meant more to us if a 'Man of God' in Nigeria claimed he prophesied it or uses it to validate himself. Maybe if Jesus was black, Most Africans would have preferred to follow Buddha with a lighter skin...

Black man/woman, Africans, please love and believe in ur own. I remain inspired by Madiba.

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by saemmanuel(m): 4:15am On Dec 13, 2013
That is lovely
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by greatgod2012(f): 4:32am On Dec 13, 2013
And what does that signify?

To me, it's mere coincidence joor.

2 Likes

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by IAMBREEZY: 5:28am On Dec 13, 2013
WOW!
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Agishon: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2013
a rainbow is a sign of God's mercy to the world not to destroy us with flood again. Genesis 9:14-15 .
it is also a sign of glory, rev 4 vs 3 and rev. 10 : 1
Late Mandela talked of creating a south Africa. of equal. race. and a peaceable one at that. Mercy. and glory. is a good omen and. for. me a confirmation of His good works for the good of humanity.

1 Like

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by imsuboi(m): 7:15am On Dec 13, 2013
^^^

see this one don dey quote bible

What has your bible quotations about flood got to do with this post now?

Na wah o!

undecided
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Burger01(m): 7:15am On Dec 13, 2013
^^^^ Abi o. Na bible analyst.. undecided
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by imsuboi(m): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Burger01: ^^^^ Abi o. Na bible analyst.. undecided

me sef tire o

undecided
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Temismith(f): 7:44am On Dec 13, 2013
Hmmm. Issorait!
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Youngsage: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by AbuMikey(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2013

Lemme wait for those who don't think that will say its a sign of Mandela's life well spent! undecided

#mereCoincidence

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by imsuboi(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2013
Temismith: Hmmm. Issorait!

is it?

undecided
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by imsuboi(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Lemme wait for those who don't think that will say its a sign of Mandela's life well spent! undecided

#mereCoincidence

yup.

Definitely
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by otipoju(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2013
My father was not a famous man but he was a good man. For his employers to still be paying his salary to his children six months after his death speaks volumes.

At his burial,his first Son from his ex- wife,exclaimed "my mother had brought me up to hate this man,I never knew he was this good !"

The guy cried like a baby that day after seeing visible signs in the skies as we laid the man in the ground. I really felt proud that day.

I swore that day to live my life doing the little I can to help others without any hidden agenda.

You may say the rainbow is coincidence but I say its the creators seal of approval.

Rest in Peace Mandela ,Rest in Peace My Father.

2 Likes

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Tolexander: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2013
The rainbow is the real sign of end time things!
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Looks like the gods are pressed.
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 9:07am On Dec 13, 2013
EVERYTHING ABOUT MADIBA WAS SPECIAL. HES TRULY GOD'S GIFT TO THE WORLD. A "SELFLESS LEADER" HOPE OUR LEADERS IN S.A. AND AFRICA CAN LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT BEING A "SIMPLICITY, TOLERANT AND LOVING, LISTENER WHO LET PEOPLE LEAD". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hope those who are fighting all over our continent can stop fighting and learn from this man. That wars don't bring solutions but GRUDGES AND REVENGE. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Dannylux: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2013
blank state of mind..
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Mamaflex(f): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2013
Hmmmm. What can i say. I know he led a good live, i pray God sees him that way too. R I P.
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 10:33am On Dec 13, 2013
HE WAS KNOWN FOR BEING NEAT FROM CHILDHOOD. AS THEY "CLEANLINESS IS CLOSE TO GODLYNESS". grin grin grin grin grin

[b]'Mandela was best dressed Wits student'
13 Dec 2013 | Sapa | 11 comments
'I remember Nelson Mandela as tall, handsome and the best dressed student always," said Bizos.

inShare

Picture taken from www.timeslive.co.za

Former president Nelson Mandela was one of the best dressed students during his time at the University of the Witwatersrand, his friend and advocate George Bizos said on Thursday.

'I remember Nelson Mandela as tall, handsome and the best dressed student always," said Bizos.

"I don't know where he got the money from."

He said Mandela was always in a suit and wore shiny shoes.

He was speaking at Mandela's celebration event held at the university.

In a laid-back public conversation before the crowd, Bizos told Wits Chancellor and deputy of chief justice Dikgang Moseneke that he met Mandela in the Great Hall in Wits in 1948.

"In this hall," Bizos said in response to Moseneke's question of their meeting.

Mandela's friend and fellow prison mate Ahmed Kathrada said he met Mandela in 1946.

He said Mandela could relate to anyone, whether it be children or people of royalty.

Kathrada said he one day heard Mandela speak to someone who he referred to as "Elizabeth" over the phone.

Kathrada said he asked Mandela who was the Elizabeth he was referring to.

He said it was the queen.

"Mandela said he referred to the queen as Elizabeth because the queen referred to him as Nelson," said Kathrada.

The crowd roared in laughter.

Earlier, president of convocation Professor Mamokgethi Phakeng said Mandela spent six years at the university, studying his LLB.

While Mandela did not obtain his degree at Wits, Phakeng said Mandela's life was shaped by his time there and on Robben Island.

Mandela went on to complete his LLB through correspondence with the University of SA.

"His only life on campus was at Wits," Phakeng said proudly.

She said while Mandela did not leave Wits with a certificate, he went through many life-shaping events during his six years as a Wits student including marrying his first wife Evelyn and becoming a father.

SRC president Shafee Verachia also gave a moving tribute to Mandela, attempting to sing the song "Nelson Mandela, there is none like you," in Zulu.

Verachia said Mandela proved that a young boy from Eastern Cape in Qunu could rise to make something great of his life.

The Great Hall at Wits was packed to capacity for the celebration, while television screens and seats were placed outside to accommodate those who could not be let in the hall.

Johannesburg mayor Parks Tau delivered a speech.

The Wits choir, the institution's school of music as well as globally acclaimed musician, Lira, provided the entertainment at the event.

Mandela, 95, died at his Houghton, Johannesburg, home last week.

He is to be buried in Qunu, Eastern Cape, on Sunday.[/b] grin grin grin

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 10:43am On Dec 13, 2013
INSPIRATIONAL NELSON MANDELA
From rural boy to student SRC leader at high school and university, revolutionary freedon fighter who was willing to die for what he stood for, opened first black law firm in SA, got his military training outside SA in Algeria, once lived in other parts of Africa and Nigeria (Mr Ameachi kept him in his house) prisoner and first black president of SA.
grin grin grin grin grin

The boers were always looking for Mandela ever since he was a student at Fort Hare and Wits where he led SRC. He was influencial and spoke his mind WITHOUT FEAR. grin grin grin grin grin

NELSON MANDELA OPENED WAY FOR AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS INTO SOUTH AFRICA AS JEFF KATALI AND IDAH PETERSIDE SAID ON SOCCER AFRICA. grin grin grin grin

HES A TRUE SYMBOL OF PAN AFRICANISM IN PRACTICE HE MARRIED A MOZAMBIQUEN AND HIS GRAND CHILDREN DESCEND FROM BLACK PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER AFRICA (Ghanaians, west indies and Afro Americans). grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 10:56am On Dec 13, 2013
[b] Muslim Intellectuals Honor Mandela Legacy

Tuesday, 10 December 2013 00:00
Muslims in South Africa said that practicing their religion freely was the result of their struggle with Mandela against apartheid.

NAIROBI – As world tributes continue to pour in, honoring the memory of late icon Nelson Mandela, South Africa Muslim intellectuals have expressed their gratitude to his generous contributions to the freedom of Islam in South Africa, marking his unforgotten legacy.

“Mandela was loved not only because he led the nation and the world, but mainly because he touched individuals and communities and listened to their deepest hopes, fears and dreams,” Abdulkader Tayob, professor of Islamic Studies and head of Religious Studies at University of Cape Town, told Anadolu Agency on Monday, December 9.

With regard to Mandela’s interaction with the community, Tayob added “Mandela acknowledged and recognized their contribution in the country, their global fears and concerns with the war on terror, and their sense of belonging to South Africa.”

Muslims Bid Mandela Farewell (In-Depth)

Mandela’s Journey With Islam, Muslims

Farewell Mandela: Share Your Condolences

World Muslims Give Respects To Mandela

US Muslims Mourn Mandela’s Death

“He offered a leadership model marked by a deep spirit of generosity; a quality rarely found in leaders.”

In a nationally televised address last on Thursday, December 5, South Africa President Jacob Zuma announced Mandela’s death.

Zuma added on Friday that Mandela will be buried on Sunday, Dec. 15.

Muslim leaders across the world marked the memory of the departing icon, remembering him for his struggle towards freedom, justice and human dignity.

Jailed for 27 years for fighting white minority rule, Mandela became South Africa's first black president in 1994.

Mandela won a Nobel Peace Prize for preaching racial harmony and guiding the nation peacefully into the post-apartheid era.

Mandela, popularly known by his clan name "Madiba", has a history of lung problems dating back to his time at the windswept Robben Island prison camp near Cape Town.

Muslims make up some 1.5 percent of South Africa’s 53 million population, according to the CIA factbook.

Muslims Freedom

Muslims in South Africa said that practicing their religion freely was the result of their struggle with Mandela against apartheid.

“Islam came to Southern Africa via Indonesian-Malaysian political prisoners banished from their homelands by the British,” Dr. Faisal Suliman, the Chairman of South African Muslims Network (SAMNET), said.

“They fought the colonial occupation of their lands and were imprisoned on Robben Island long before it became home to Nelson Mandela and others” said Dr. Suliman.

Dr. Suliman said Islam was tolerated during the Dutch-British rule if it was quiet and unseen in the public and no open practice was allowed.

Under Afrikaner rule after independence from the British, Islam was allowed within the confines of segregated living areas that defined apartheid policy and the practice of Islam was not allowed to other races.

Being an integral part of the anti-apartheid struggle with Mandela, Muslims said that Mandela liberated the country from apartheid as well as liberating Muslims and the practicing of Islam.

“Even today we believe Muslims in South Africa have the greatest freedom to practice their religion in comparison to any other country in the world; so in fact the liberation struggle freed Muslims in many ways,” Dr. Suliman added.

Muslim freedom of practicing their religion was extended to schools after Mandela came to power.

Before 1994 "our children were forced to learn the bible at school," Sheik Ebrahim Gabriels, former Muslim Judicial Council MJC leader, told AA.

“After Madiba came to power, he told the world that South Africa was a free country of many religions. He also famously told the world that South Africa would not truly be able to enjoy freedom, until Palestine was free,” said Gabriels.

The South African poet, activist and novelist Shabbir Banoobhai added that the suffering they endured during the Apartheid as “emotional exile at home”.

He acknowledges Mandela’s contribution in his debut novel “Heretic”.

Banoobhai also published a poem called “For Madiba”, expressing feelings on the day Mandela was freed in 1994. In his poem, Madiba’s smile symbolizes freedom.
[/b]

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2013
HE TAUGHT PEOPLE TOLERANCE AND AGREEING TO DISAGREE. Muslims in SA and other parts of the world respected him even though he was a CHRISTIAN. grin grin grin

Hope Boko Haram and other groups can learn from Madiba. TOLERANCE, treat people as fellow human beings despite RELIGION grin grin grin Thats what Muslims,Hindu,Christians and other groups will remember about MADIBA. grin grin grin

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2013
Madiba thought Jews, Indians (Hindu) and muslims and other religious groups in SA that we can live in one country without fighting. He visited these groups and was accepted with OPEN ARMS by ALL.

MADIBA=UNIFIER, PEACEMAKER AND HUMANITARIAN. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Above photo: Madiba and Hindi faith
Below: Madiba and Jewish faith

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2013
MADIBA WAS A TOLERANT CHRISTIAN. Treated everyone as a fellow human being grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2013
MADIBA THOUGHT US THE WORLD IS BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL OF US. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by bigheart2013(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2013
I can only say wow!!. And please why won't a beautiful topic like this be on the front page to serve as an inspiration to lead a good life? If this is about a nollywood actress flashing her bosoms, it will hit frontpage with only 2 comments only. This shows what matters to young Nigerians theses days and our value system. Mtheeeew!!!!!

MOD abeg send this topic to frontpage please. Very inspirational.

Thank you Madiba for inspiring us to be better persons!!!
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
S.A. MARCHING TOWARDS MADIBAS DREAM IN SOUTH AFRICA. grin grin grin grin
This was just 2011 alot has is improving even Nigerian Finace minister OKONJO confessed on CNN SA has improved alot. She wished all this was happening in her country. grin grin

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Woged2005(f): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
Maybe it has no spiritual significance, maybe it's a co-incidence, however I'm inspired to live a better life starting from yesterday I read this. I hope d world does not sweep all this signs under the carpet bc he's a black man. Thank God d report was carried by d New York Post, and not by Vanguard Newspapers. They too read meaning into it. Maybe this would have meant more to us if a 'Man of God' in Nigeria claimed he prophesied it or uses it to validate himself. Maybe if Jesus was black, Most Africans would have preferred to follow Buddha with a lighter skin...

Black man/woman, Africans, please love and believe in ur own. I remain inspired by Madiba.

1 Like

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by kwametut: 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
AGREED MADIBA HAS CHANGED THE WAY THE WORLD SEE US AFRICANS. grin grin grin grin grin even DIDIER DROGBA SAID "THANK U MADIBA" . [b]Hope our politicians learn from him than praising him. In my country starting with Zuma (selfish and greedy). Though I don't like the fact he was booed for his scandals.
[/b]

Woged2005: Maybe it has no spiritual significance, maybe it's a co-incidence, however I'm inspired to live a better life starting from yesterday I read this. I hope d world does not sweep all this signs under the carpet bc he's a black man. Thank God d report was carried by d New York Post, and not by Vanguard Newspapers. They too read meaning into it. Maybe this would have meant more to us if a 'Man of God' in Nigeria claimed he prophesied it or uses it to validate himself. Maybe if Jesus was black, Most Africans would have preferred to follow Buddha with a lighter skin...

Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by fr3do(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Depends on your point of view
Re: Wow!! Rainbow Appears Over Mandela’s Body - New York Post by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
It means he's one of the chosen and rare beings, that has always lived on earth here with us... And he has finally gone back to The Lord God almighty, who brought him here, as a sacrificial lamb to bring great change in the lives of South Africans and the world at large ...he has lived , his destiny, although very harsh, very sad but at the end, he created a great change and great revolution, which is rare to find in humans... Mandela is one of the angels sent by God .... Mandela, thumbs up....well done!!

May his soul rest in peace...until we meet again in joy, and never to depart in sadness...

God u are awesome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Problems Of Left Handed People / Scared Of Getting Old / My Wife Don See Me Finish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.