Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria (60940 Views)

10 Cheapest Private And Public Universities In Nigeria / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by funtanherb(m): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
The school is a private university
coogar:

i am sure the school must have produced enough professors & senators. if not, something is wrong with the parents sending their kids there.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by coogar: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Promhize:

Don't mind that illiterate, Oduduwa University Ife is a private school.

[img]http://thechive.files./2013/03/mj-laughing.gif[/img]
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abdgafarplenty: Federal university of Agriculture
fresher 249050
200level 14550
300-500 level 13550

N249050 ke, I'm sure a graduate from that university isn't better than the average OAU graduate.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Afrok(m): 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
crystalballs: Oduduwa university ife is 250k per semester.

I repeat per semester.
500k per session.
it's a private uni...
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

what kind of nonsense is that?
indigene and non indigene for sch fees?
the indigenes no like school?
@OP, I rep my alma mater unizik: I still feel its the cheapest.
Paid 23,100(over all school fees) from year 1-6.
point of correction,A GIANT ZIKITE pays #20100 per session. I rep UNIZIK

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
greenek001:

if u cant answer his question, jus ignore it, ur intro was very rude and unnecessary...

unilag= 53500 for nonscience courses and 55000 for sciences, acptance fee inclusive

Guy our sch fees ain't that expensive ooo, even the amount you quoted there go check what you're paying for there's nothing like School fees, the government pay the fees, what we pay for is maintenance of utilities.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by amjf(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
Soyedele1: Lautech

Acceptance fee -- N20000
Indegene --- N65,000
Non indegene -- N72,500 or so (not sure)

I'm paying N40,000. My set is the last set that paid N40000

75k not 72.5K.... plus no hostel, prepare at least 40k for that.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Hearme(m): 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
greenek001:

if u cant answer his question, jus ignore it, ur intro was very rude and unnecessary...

unilag= 53500 for nonscience courses and 55000 for sciences, acptance fee inclusive

That's for a fresher. Returning students pay 16,000 excluding accommodation
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by coogar: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
Promhize:

N249050 ke, I'm sure a graduate from that university isn't better than the average OAU graduate.

OAU is the cheapest in nigeria but it's extremely difficult to get into. they have their standards so high which gives the poor & the rich an equal chance as long as the student is intellectually sound.

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by gebest: 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chomzy19: when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON
MY DEAR FORGET ALL THIS YOU GRAMMER, WHEN YOU KN QUITE WELL THAT 80% OF NIGERIANS ARE POOR ABI NA D 18,000 MINIMUM WAGE DEM GO TAKE PAY N100,000 SCHL FEES?

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by gebest: 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
Chomzy19: when I said looking for admission I wasn't referring to u, I was refering to any so-called person your post is going to help cos I thought it was going in that direction, now I see the direction u are going, I'll let u know that Education In Nigeria is Cheap, wch country exactly are you comparing it to to call it Expensive? is it Ghana, or Malaysia or Education-giant countries like US, Canada, d Uk, Australia, Germany even France where the Government subsidizes Education, D public universities are still 10 times higher than Nigerian public Universities, Education Is Never Cheap, for now it is still VERY CHEAP in Nigeria becus most Nigerian universities are still substandard, D government cannot do Everything for us, Be4 our Universities get to the level we are clamouring for then u'll see d meaning of Education being Expensive, Half of d federal universities don't Even take up to 50k as their tuition fees, n most states is between 100-200k while d schools u are aiming to be like people spend up to 500-1mil in a years tuition fee. Nigerians want it all, CHEAP SOUND EDUCATION is an OXYMORON
MY DEAR FORGET ALL THIS YOU GRAMMER, WHEN YOU KN QUITE WELL THAT 80% OF NIGERIANS ARE POOR ABI NA D 18,000 MINIMUM WAGE DEM GO TAKE PAY N100,000 SCHL FEES?
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Highlinflammabu(f): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
300l vet med 21k as wel as human med n pharmacy, other 300ls 18k. Dnt knw for oda level. Accptance fee is abt 7500
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Highlinflammabu(f): 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
300l vet med 21k as wel as human med n pharmacy, other 300ls 18k. Dnt knw for oda level. Accptance fee is abt 7500. Accomdatn is 14k
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Johnklein(m): 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abdgafarplenty: Federal university of Agriculture
fresher 249050
200level 14550
300-500 level 13550

fresher used to b 26,805(can fee actually reduce in naija)
well engineering n vet med is +10k

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
Dont compare Nigeria to other countries. i dnt know the minimum wage established over there buh i'm sure as hell it aint as low as 18k bn given here. Goddamn it, some ppl are even takin up jobs of 5k per month just to make ends meet and tell me how the heck they are gonna be able to afford a tertiary education for their wards. The govt are not givin us anythin yet they are askin for too much in return, too way fuckin much.
A lecturer of mine once said if every workers were to be living solely on their income there would have been a revolution.

[b]I think you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

I don't think what you earn in Nigeria should be compared to what you earn abroad because the cost of living isn't the same. Let's take for example.

A star and flat screw-driver here cost N200, in Nigeria its N50 - Increase by 300%

A Bunch of banana that would cost N100 in Nigeria cost about N600 here - An increase of 500%

Titus Fish that i usually buy in Lagos for N80-N100 sells for N550 here - Increase of over 400%.

I could get a room self contain on the mainland in Lagos for about 200k a year meanwhile 200k can only rent me a studio apartment for only 3 months. And I have not compared Utility.

Bottom line is the cost of living abroad is almost proportional to the cost of living in Nigeria. If you earn N1,000 abroad and i earn N200 in Nigeria, we will be affording the same livelihood.

I think Nigerians should be recommending an increase in our University tuition fee and the Govt help in accessing educational loans, that way, everyone benefits and everyone is happy.
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
am_jf:

75k not 72.5K.... plus no hostel, prepare at least 40k for that.

At least 40k for hostel ke!
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Gee001: 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
Hmmmm at the outrageous amounts paid as school fees. Anyway, mine is 15k plus my portal access fee of 3k aside the normal school fee of 15k(indigene) and 72k(non-indigene). RSUST
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by jesutofunmi13(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Uniben school fees
#9,700 for all science based courses like medicine, pharmacy, engineering etc
#7,700 for all non science based like accounting, law, mass comm etc
Acceptance varies each year for freshers but school is fixed&d same from yr2 to final..
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Reyspin(m): 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

[b]No you are very wrong my friend. There was never a time Finland had free tertiary education for all. They had Free University scholarship for their top high school graduates and free international scholarship for foreign top high school graduates, which my friend Olatunde was a beneficiary.

They still have those scholarships if you wish to apply but note that it has become more rigorous as you have to pass their entrance exam first before your application goes to the next level for screening.

We cannot afford that system now with the rate of corruption in our WAEC and NECO. Until we fix the decay in our education system from the grassroots and learn to support the Govt as patriotic Nigerians, our education system will continue to decline.

For Nigeria tertiary education to improve, the Universities must increase the tuition fee to a flexible standard that benefits both the students and the university. To run a University cost a lot of money, and the Govt cannot afford it, hence our Universities are in a state of ruin.

Govt must also take their hands off school business and allow it run on its own IGR.

The only part i'll hold the Govt. responsible is if they fail to provide access to educational loans for students who are entitled to it and wish to get a university degree. That is what you should be fighting for, access to educational loans and not free education. That doesn't happen anywhere in the world.

Nigerians must understand that you get what you pay for and education is not free anywhere in the world.
[/b]
OGA WHAT CAN GOVERNMENT AFFORD?
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
Promhize:

100k is even too much. I remember how we rioted and closed OAU for 2months when freshers acceptance fee was increased from N2,000 to N20,000. cheesy

Can you imagine, N2,000 and N20,000 and after school, you luckily get job na to just dey jaiye-jaiye dey go.

No College loan, No bank loan, No School housing Loan, No Papa/Mama debt. Men Nigerians got it better i won't lie.

Yosef doesn't take his father's call anymore. The guy dey owe him Papa money wey him borrow for college and him papa need the money back. cheesy cheesy It doesn't happen in Nigeria now Haba!! How your papa go borrow you money to go school?

2 Likes

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Afrok(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=coogar]

OAU is the cheapest in nigeria but it's extremely difficult to get into. they have their standards so high which [b]gives the poor & the rich an equal chance as long as the student is intellectually sound.[/[/b]quote] d bolded part na story...

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by ukandi1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
ESUT ENUGU
SCHOOL FEES.....# 122,250k
ACCEPTANCE FEE....# 26,500k
whether u are in 1st or final yr.
Whether in engineering or arabic studies.
Whether u are a cameroonian, igboman, togolese or where ever u come from..
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by olas24u(f): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

I don't think what you earn in Nigeria should be compared to what you earn abroad because the cost of living isn't the same. Let's take for example.

A star and flat screw-driver here cost N200, in Nigeria its N50 - Increase by 300%

A Bunch of banana that would cost N100 in Nigeria cost about N600 here - An increase of 500%

Titus Fish that i usually buy in Lagos for N80-N100 sells for N550 here - Increase of over 400%.

I could get a room self contain on the mainland in Lagos for about 200k a year meanwhile 200k can only rent me a studio apartment for only 3 months. And I have not compared Utility.

Bottom line is the cost of living abroad is almost proportional to the cost of living in Nigeria. If you earn N1,000 abroad and i earn N200 in Nigeria, we will be affording the same livelihood.

I think Nigerians should be recommending an increase in our University tuition fee and the Govt help in accessing educational loans, that way, everyone benefits and everyone is happy.
[/b]
The population is huge and the number of people out of school is very high,you should use the population in a developing country to compare Nigeria.China,India ,Brazil,Russia,Indonesia,Bangladesh,turkey,Pakistan.Compare the educated work force in those so cities relative to their economic development and human capital.Nigeria is a developing country with No electricity ,water,housing for the population,this are just basics.Our roads are constructed by foreigners compare with those countries,highly skilled areas are in foreign hands in Nigeria ,and you think school fees is the problem.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2013
Reyspin:
OGA WHAT CAN GOVERNMENT AFFORD?

Government can afford Primary - Secondary Education free of charge. After that you're ON YOUR OWN (O.Y.O)

True Story bro and a sad reality Nigerians don't want to wake up to

1 Like

Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Lagoseko(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
University of Calaber in the year 2000, I paid 1,300 as a fresh student in computer science
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by heykims(m): 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
Soyedele1:
2009 set
alrite, basically, d tuition now is 65k for lautech since u guys will become d seniormost set by next admission window.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Darey4u2010(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
Classic! I am interesting on this quest. It is indeed a great job to investigate and defend such qoute in our constitution. It gonna be a beneficial to less privileged. I wish you succes and positive accomplishment!
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by BankManager(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
jesutofunmi13: Uniben school fees
#9,700 for all science based courses like medicine, pharmacy, engineering etc
#7,700 for all non science based like accounting, law, mass comm etc
Acceptance varies each year for freshers but school is fixed&d same from yr2 to final..
Bro,It's now #14,000k for all science based courses..
For those in Arts,Social Sciences,Education and Management sciences,you pay #12,000k..
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by vanguard1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
Cheap tuition means cheap(substandard) Education, we ought to have past that level now. it is a honest fact that Education aint for the poor.if you can't afford it, go and learn a skill.
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Clumslow17(m): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Elnino4ladies: Federal uni. Of Agriculture makurdi..42k 4 freshers....
wat of accommodation ,md Hw much after year 1
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by fweshyboi(m): 8:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

[/b]

Why don't you come back home... F__oo__l and face a viscinity where you see ligth for just 2hrs in every month and where you have to spend 4hrs on the road due to hold up/ goslow caused by the bad roads??
Re: Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Tobbie9: OAU MEDICINE IS 14500(excluding acceptance fee of around 20k for freshers)

I want to recommend Oau to any low income student. I graduated in 2007 and the fees hasn't really changed. Lecturers hardly sell handouts and you get the best education. Greatest gbogbo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.