Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George (15905 Views)

Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / Abuja Federal Court Quashes El Rufai's Corruption Case / Court Quashes Decision Of Ikoyi Club 1938 To Expel Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by cacmatterscom: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pukkah:

This is the season of quashing and clearing.

The report did not mention the quashing of Alamieyeseigha's conviction. Never in the annals of Nigeria's democracy have more convictions been quashed and individuals cleared than now.

More and more convictions are beingk quashed and cleared under the corruption-friendly administration of the Chief Quasher himself, Conviction Clearer Quashluck JonaClear.

Nigeria may be on the brink of being quashed and cleared!
LMAO
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by abbakacici: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
otokx: GEJ has nothing to do with the Judiciary, there are 3 arms of government in Nigeria.
and why do hate people like OBJ and blame him for all the things that happen in nigeria from 1999 to 2007, the reason is he is not igbo/ND but now you guys remember that we have 3 arms of government
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by grandstar(m): 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
my friends who are estate agents like myself were talking of a law firm that made N4.6bn in a year handling election petitions. I told a lawyer friend this story and he smiled and said he knows a lawyer that made N1bn in a week!!! What is going on!
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by NOLONGTIN1(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
[b]
In other news

https://www.nairaland.com/1554313/abuja-federal-court-quashes-el

Do we still blame GEJ for this too?? Since according to some people GEJ is the 'chief law enforcement officer' and 'the bulk stops with GEJ' also b4 I forget 'court judgements are determined by GEJ'

Or maybe 'el rufia wants to help GEJ in 2015' .

Its a good thing he is in APC, if not we for no hear word.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by geeez: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
After the Presidential pardon, the Supreme Court will say the never committed a crime

Tomorrow, another commission will award billions of Naira in damages because they 'suffered' for a crime they didn't commit

Hmmm
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by lionspot(m): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
from a legal point of view, the decision of the supreme court is correct. An offense, as defined by s.2 of d criminal code, is an act or omission making the person doing the act or omission liable for punishment. It then goes that an act or omission that is nt criminalised under any law is not a crime. In all the criminal legislations applying in nig, there no offense that is known as contract splitting. So Bode George cnt be convicted of an offense that is not criminalised by any law. The EFFC should be made to answer the question why they left all the charges that could be supported by the evidence gathered and chose to arraign him on an offense that is unknown to law.

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by searay(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
Why should GEJ cleared this man in the court. Is he now the Chief Judge?
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by vanguard1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
tosan200:
when bode George become your baba ,omo IBO and money.
What concerns money with the issue at hand or are you wisdom bereaved. Why trying to tribalise every single thread in Nairaland.....Am igbo? Yes, but I have right to call bode Baba, deal with it.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by ekhai(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Am not surprised at all. The music playing is becoming more interesting daily. We have seen the type of people in Nigeria. God will deliver us from the hands of these crooks called politicians one day. laughing stock. Soon lucky igbenidion will be cleared. where are the spirits of our founding fathers?
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by alakara(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
dridowu: ds lagos we dy so , bode george shd forget anything elective post, he can only get his appoint frm from FG. IF bode george shd contest 4 any position in Lagos i am 100% sure d loose will start from his pooling boothguy 4get call log, if truly d call log exist PDP would have use it to overturn d rulling since 2010. Or do u think PDP does not want to return to power ? D Last time i check d Juge dy call Tinubu man is no more d head of appeal court and if pdp blve dy have good case dy can use d stup.id MTN call log to over turn d judgement in dr favour.
y do u have to wait 4 saharareporters ? U can balance d news by google search it up. A lot of Nigeria newspapers are online
bros u don't knw the workings of tribunals if u knw u won't tell us dat pdp need to upturn the court of appeal ruling on the judget because before the 2010 electoral act,appeal court judgemnt is d final judgemnt on petions arrising frm gov elections.so no appeal jst like dis Bode George judgmnt
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by GentleFrank(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
really
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by dridowu: 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
alakara: bros u don't knw the workings of tribunals if u knw u won't tell us dat pdp need to upturn the court of appeal ruling on the judget because before the 2010 electoral act,appeal court judgemnt is d final judgemnt on petions arrising frm gov elections.so no appeal jst like dis Bode George judgmnt
bro i still maintain it that if truly dat mtn call log exist pdp will use it against acn in supreme court so dat dy can upturn d gov electn victory to dr sde. Well read ds link 4 more info
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ekiti-guber-poll-fayemi-floors-oni-at-s-court/
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Thomsbuky(m): 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Those who liked your post are equally as silly as you.

The supreme court has decided, those against it can "Go and Die" cool

Who is silly now? The guy made valid point all you said is go and die... If you don't have valid points to make or add to the topic, please move on and let other people express their views. I think you are the one to bury your head in shame, because you don't have reasonable contribution to add to these debate.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Tijay90(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
CORRUPTION IS NOW LEGAL!...that's the message folks.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Rad1cal: 11:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
Thomsbuky:

Who is silly now? The guy made valid point all you said is go and die... If you don't have valid points to make or add to the topic, please move on and let other people express their views. I think you are the one to bury your head in shame, because you don't have reasonable contribution to add to these debate.

And who is this edioot to determine where and how i chose to comment.

You can also go and die. The supreme court has issued her verdict.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Thomsbuky(m): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Rad1cal:

And who is this edioot to determine where and how i chose to comment.

You can also go and die. The supreme court has issued her verdict.

Be very careful what you wish for other, as your wish be granted as you have spoken. I wish you well my friend.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by meforyou1(m): 12:44am On Dec 14, 2013
Supreme court of Nigeria! judgment and APC-paper tigers are here insulting the president. I have always said it that the worst thing awolowo did to this generation of Yorubas was to give their parents half-baked free education.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:43am On Dec 14, 2013
I have seen the signs. Nigeria is being killed and divided.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by naptu2: 6:28am On Dec 14, 2013
These two threads remind me of a passage from Olusegun Adeniyi's book. I'll post the passage here when I have the time (time is my biggest problem at the moment. There's just not enough time).
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by goodgood2(m): 6:49am On Dec 14, 2013
Pukkah:

This is the season of quashing and clearing.

The report did not mention the quashing of Alamieyeseigha's conviction. Never in the annals of Nigeria's democracy have more convictions been quashed and individuals cleared than now.

More and more convictions are being quashed and cleared under the corruption-friendly administration of the Chief Quasher himself, Conviction Clearer Quashluck JonaClear.

Nigeria may be on the brink of being quashed and cleared!
Dey dia dey rant; na so hin go take clear the polls for 2015.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by yetunsbay(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2013
me_for_you: Supreme court of Nigeria! judgment and APC-paper tigers are here insulting the president. I have always said it that the worst thing awolowo did to this generation of Yorubas was to give their parents half-baked free education.
and tell me wot ur political forefathers are gvin ur heritage as @t when Awolowo was gvin his?
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by jay2k(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

What concerns Goodluck Jonathan with a judgement of the Supreme Court?
u r a compound fool. idiot

1 Like

Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by FOREXMARTS: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2013
Jonathan is trying to buy support from the south west and the north by pardoning heavy duty criminals that are supposed to be rotting in jail. All these are because he knows he doesn't have support down home in the south south.
First it was the pardon to key criminals, then al mustapha and now its bode effin George.

This country is finished.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by Rad1cal: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2013
Thomsbuky:

Be very careful what you wish for other, as your wish be granted as you have spoken. I wish you well my friend.

Go and die . . .
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by yemjazz: 8:00am On Dec 14, 2013
All because of 2015
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by olajide8(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
otokx: GEJ has nothing to do with the Judiciary, there are 3 arms of government in Nigeria.
I beg to defer, he signed the indefinite suspension of Ayo salami?? and when it was overturned, he still didn't sign the reinstatement, does this president -have to talk to them, before they do what they do? Come to think of it, in 2011 when we were telling the whole world this man is inept to rule, we were the enemies of progress, digressing a bit but still, on the topic of corruption* do you know we are running two 2013 budgets as we speak in nigeria (say NOI- coordinating minister of the economy), that's why if they say they have implemented the budget 60%, the people would say they have only implemented it 12% and they have evidence to prove that the have done 60%, by hand picking from this or that budget where its favourable to them, corruption!!, doing as they wish with resources which are supposed to accrue for nigerian's, the ministries that are spending entities, the procurement directors, directors administration and finance steal the funds, meant for contracts and contractors, and the supervising ministers know about it, all the permanent secretaries are sworn in by him, (the president)- *can he be everywhere at the same time? Yes, he can, if he wants to work* but, his motto is turn by turn nigeria, when it is your time, enjoy yours-
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by geemeefizzle: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
It is curious that the 'quashing' Court says contract-splitting is 'unknown to law'.See excerpts from the Public Procurement Act 2007:Fundamental Principles Section 16(4).37. The appropriate methods, procedures and contract award for public procurement of goods and works shall be subject to the prior review thresholds as may be set from time to time by the BPP.38. Value for money obtained through efficiency, fair access to bids and transparency, shall remain the main objective of the Procuring Entity.39. Contracts shall not be split into smaller units in order to avoid competitive bidding or be distributed among various lots to different bidders to enlarge bidder participation at the cost of lesser economy and efficiency.I thought it was an exaggeration when it was said that it is somebody's destiny to bankrupt Nigeria.

I think the verdict emphasised that at the time he was accused of 'contract splitting' (when he was head of NPA btw 2001 and 2003 or so) there was no such law prohibitting it (pp act of 2007 was nonexistent at the time). Therefore, to invoke these provisions of the pp act of 2007 for an event that occured in 2001/2003 would make such verdict retroactive and there contrary to the principles of legality.

PS: I'm not eliminating the political angle to the supreme court pronouncement though. Just stating that the argument is legally sound.
Re: Supreme-Court Quashes Corruption Conviction Of Bode George by olajide8(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
^legally sound morally lacking- what a country !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aminu Tambuwal Emerges Sokoto APC Governorship Candidate / Uche Okwukwu Backs Amaechi, Says Igbo Can’t Be President / Tony Momoh: Why Buhari Won't Intervene In Oshiomhole, Obaseki Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.