Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,011 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? (13712 Views)

Rivers People Now Viewed As Barbarians That Behead Fellow Human Beings’ – APC / Do Not Turn Igboland To Syria / Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Caliente(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
seun, just ban those who post such obnoxious stories. simple

[size=13pt]I guess the impostor or is it poster will start with the poster[/size]
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Caliente(m): 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
[size=13pt] Every idiot and assumed non idiot alike should know that there is power from God and some from the devil. It will be most IDIOTIC to deny that fact. While God uses his for his people, the devil uses his against the world. There's no limit to how the devil designs his negative power, there can only be limit to how he uses it against God's people. I don't understand why idiots will be posting idiotic rubbish on this idiotic thread.[/size]
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by tpia: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2008
so, caliente, what you're saying is that animals do in fact turn into human beings?

So, just for the sake of argument, how does that repair the potholes in the Nigerian roads, or fix the erratic power supply?

Or provide people with meaningful jobs so they don't have time to troop out en masse and gape at the pointless wonder? 
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2008
debosky:

Dang, I can't recall seeing Seun this pissed since the paperpoon debacle shocked grin

I don't know if these stories are true or not, but the last one definitely isn't - her family members confirmed she has mental problems and thus the story should have ended there.

All I'll say is Juju exists - how efficacious it is or otherwise is up for debate, and how verifiable the transformations from cat to man to chicken to burger grin grin are, can also not be ascertained at this point.

It is much easier to destroy than to build so obviously naija juju is low quality - the juju carried away with our forefathers enabled them to invent things like traffic light and peanut butter, unfortunately, the left over juju seems to be predominantly malevolent. sad

True, juju exists! Just like stones, feather, trees, butterflies, carpet, broom, and palm oil exist.

That people perform all manner of rituals and chant all sorts of incantations does not imply that any form of "power" comes from those activities.

As a Nigerian, born and raised, I used to believe in the "419" called juju until I started asking hard questions.

1. A fool in Port-Harcourt told me he knows a man that can kill with just the picture of the would-be victim. I promptly asked him if he could apply his juju on George Bush, since his picture is not hard to find. The guy begin to yarn opata!

2. Another idiot told me that there is juju that can make a person disappear and reappear in a different location instantly. I asked him when the babalawo is going to open Juju Airlines, the nama begin to yarn rubbish.

3. Another mumu said there is juju that can stop bullet from a gun. When I asked him if the juju can stop the projectile from the gun of an M1 Abrams Tank, the guy start to bite mouth.

Anybody who believes in the longest running "419" aka juju, should be pitied.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by 4Play(m): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
All the Nigerian ethnic groups swear by their juju but these jujus didn't prevent the British from conquering the country.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2008
Caliente:

[size=13pt] Every idiot and assumed non idiot alike should know that there is power from God and some from the devil. It will be most IDIOTIC to deny that fact. While God uses his for his people, the devil uses his against the world. There's no limit to how the devil designs his negative power, there can only be limit to how he uses it against God's people. I don't understand why idiots will be posting idiotic rubbish on this idiotic thread.[/size]

Please cut the bullcrap! What devil?

Even from a Christian stand-point, the devil has no power! His only talent is deception, which he applies on natural human frailities. God made man with freewill. And so, if I choose to do something, e.g. go to the strip club and check out the new tits, the devil cannot stop me. Likewise, if I choose to go see listen to one of my favourite pastors (Dr. Frederick K. C. Price) the devil cannot stop me. The devil, like all juju, has zero power. He cannot stop me from doing what I want to do. It is only when you allow him deceive you (if you choose to be that dumb) that his influence can be of any significance. People just ascribe so much power to Lucifer for no reason.

Evil men like George Bush have more power than any devil!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DeepZone: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2008
All the Nigerian ethnic groups swear by their juju but these jujus didn't prevent the British from conquering the country.

That was then. They invaded us by surprise, make them come again now and see live juju? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by BluMalam(m): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
Witchcraft is REAL, Voodoo is REAL

I am not saying the claims of the accusers are true, it's typical of a nigerian in trouble to try to evade responsibility.

What i am saying is that the line between the supernatural and natural should not be blurred. That is, the claim of the

okada man of shape shifting should not be a basis of denying the existence of the supernatural. Shikena!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by debosky(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2008
4 Play:

the Portuguese had surreptitiously shipped the mighty juju men as slaves to Brazil, Cuba, The US and Jamaica. . . . . the feeble evil loving remnant of the juju men could not stand up against the British. sad

Besides, according to juju folklore, White skin can repel any type of juju, hence the tendency for people to bleach their skin in order to neutralize their evil powers.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by tpia: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2008
Blu Malam:

Witchcraft is REAL, Voodoo is REAL

I am not saying the claims of the accusers are true, it's typical of a nigerian in trouble to try to evade responsibility.

What i am saying is that the line between the supernatural and natural should not be blurred. That is, the claim of the

okada man of shape shifting should not be a basis of denying the existence of the supernatural. Shikena!

once again, how does this fix the potholes on Nigerian roads, or improve the erratic power supply?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
4 Play:

On January 12 1897, Rear-Admiral Harry Rawson, commanding the squadron at the Cape of Good Hope was appointed by the British Admiralty to lead an expedition to capture the Benin king and destroy Benin City. The operation was named Benin Punitive Expedition, and on February 9 1897 the invasion of Benin kingdom began,. The field commanders were instructed by their commander-in–chief to burn down all Benin kingdom’s towns and villages, and hang the king of Benin wherever and whenever he was captured. The invasion force of about 1200 British Marines, sailors and Niger Coast Protectorate Forces , and composed of three columns; the ‘Sapoba’, ‘Gwato’ and ‘Main’ Columns. The ‘Sapoba’ column, and the ‘Main column’ reached Benin City after 10 days of bitter fighting but the ‘Gwato’ column was routed at Gwato.

Immediately the British invaders secured the city, they began an orgy of looting and destruction. It was an exercise that was carried out by all members of the expedition. Monuments, and palaces of many high-ranking chiefs were looted and destroyed, and finally on the third day the looted Benin king’s palace was deliberately set ablaze. Most of the loot were kept by the looters, and 2500 (official figures) religious artifacts, Benin visual history, mnemonics and artworks were taken to England.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punitive_Expedition

Even till today, people still attribute all sorts of ridiculous power to the Oba of Benin and the many shrines in and around his palace. The questions is: Why didn't the juju stop the British?

The hundredth anniversary of the invasion of the Benin Empire was in 1997. That was when I first read a very long article published in the Guardian about this major historical event. When I asked my dad (a man from a generation of Africans that overwhelmingly believes in juju) why the juju in Benin did not stop the British forces, his answer was pointed: The Oba's juju is no match for the Queen's juju (Queen Victoria was the ruling monarch of Britain in 1897).
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Jakumo(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
Blind faith equals stupidity, a commodity in vast supply throughout Nigeria, ensuring that juju men, miracle pastors and Islamic shamans will forever have a captive audience of infantile anal-retentive suckers who would much rather pay to hand their destiny to a con-man pastor or witch doctor than engage what vestiges of intelligence they may accidentally posses in attempting rational thought.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Drunk: 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
Idiot
Gullible
Stupid and so on.

Well, i just need a clarification on if Nigeria or Nigerians have a role in the making of Vampire movies? "Call it Fiction" What if we give the whole topic, arguement and discussion a different look. That i do not understand Mr. A's lifestyle, beliefs and religious credence those not mean I am (an Idiot) Stupid or He is (an Idiot) or Stupid. The truth is that nobody knows it all. We all (Humans) are just aiming and guessing reality.

@Seun
I believe he has only spoke his own point from his own view. He could be right, he could be wrong. I don't feel insulted as a Nairaland TENANT. I believe in freedom of speech and personality, We all cannot be thesame.

@All
Just think the best way you can as HUMANS

Cheers.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by tpia: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2008
I saw a picture of Ovomramwen somewhere, after his capture and exile to Calabar or thereabouts, and believe me, it wasnt funny at all. He almost looked destabilized. undecided

He was in chains too.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2008
i dont belive in juju but i HEAR say BINI PPLE esp sabongida ora pple dey do things like dat
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2008
RichyBlacK:

When I asked my dad (a man from a generation of Africans that overwhelmingly believes in juju) why the juju in Benin did not stop the British forces, his answer was pointed: The Oba's juju is no match for the Queen's juju (Queen Victoria was the ruling monarch of Britain in 1897).

Are you trying to say Juju no pass Juju? undecided

I told you, by that time, the Portuguese had removed the efficacious juju men and those guys were propably part of the Niger Coast Protectorate forces, so combine their juju + oyibo juju = defeat.

Even juju has limits, it defeated the Gwato column but couldn't defeat the two others. Vestiges of the positive juju were further carted away to England making it an even better place and leaving 'red sand' causing juju in Benin Kingdom. sad
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Dend(m): 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
Like the BLACK peeps were CURSED from the begining.
If you attack a black man with JUJU, Fast action would take place.
But a white man KISS MY ARSE AND EAT SHIT!

Again, finding real JUJU men now, it's like a long way to heaven, all the scam artist who call them selves BABA ALAWO(JUJU-MEN) are all 419's as RichyBlacK earlier stated

If you find one telling you stories relating to miracles he as performed for some fake make believe clients, just smile and tell him to kiss your d**k, lick your arse and PISS ON LIVE WIRE!!!
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Skywalker5(m): 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
Animals Do Turn Into Human Beings grin grin grin I have heard that gist ever since i was a kid when my uncle use to scare me and i am sure none of you on nairaland have seen such thing before.(if you have,kindly share your story oooooooooooooooooo)

So how do you you believe what you have not seens before

I hope you all dont believe this shit just because you have all been told by older folks. embarassed embarassed

Na only Naija we dey always hear all this stories and thats because we too dey belive stories wey old people tell us.

@seun You no lie jare
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by kaypound(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ seun
i am sad that someone like you can come up here and make such generalizations about Nigerians thereby posting like an IDIOT. These things are possibly and it is not even a Nigerian thing it is a global thing. The word called Devil, Witch, Wizard, Witch doctor, God, voodoo (Fetish powers) etc exist are all in the dictionary so they can't be all assumptions,imaginations or fallacies. We are all entitled to our opinions to believe it or not. Even though technically i am not a Christian but i don't just take those things for granted. i have alot of christain friends and i believe the bible when they tell me about it and i read it too.
afterall Saul went to visit a mediator that talks to the dead after Samuel died. Moses along with the pharaohs magicians guys had their staff turned into snakes. even devil came like a snake to tempt both Jesus in the new testament and eve in the old testament and countless other miracles in the bible like peter's shadow healing the sick, paul bitten by a viper without being hurt, etc. Above all the bible says the devil is the prince of these world and off course he his gonna love-vendor up his agents to do worst things if he can change to any snakes just to do evil. reminding you he wants to capture as much as possible to hell with his evil acts. Don't be beclouded by civilization.
So my dear, like i said technically i am not a christian but i respect everyone's religion and i do not take anything for granted we are all entitle to our opinion. So seun, don't be an idiot making such generalization about nigerians you are supposed to be more enlighten with your choice of words.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by kaypound(m): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2008
i sure say for these nairaland sef. some witches and wizards fit dey and dem go dey laugh at our comments wink
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2008
kaypound:

@ seun
i am sad that someone like you can come up here and make such generalizations about Nigerians thereby posting like an IDIOT. These things are possibly and it is not even a Nigerian thing it is a global thing. The word called Devil, Witch, Wizard, Witch doctor, God, voodoo (Fetish powers) etc exist are all in the dictionary so they can't be all assumptions,imaginations or fallacies. We are all entitled to our opinions to believe it or not. Even though technically i am not a Christian but i don't just take those things for granted. i have alot of christain friends and i believe the bible when they tell me about it and i read it too.
afterall Saul went to visit a mediator that talks to the dead after Samuel died. Moses along with the pharaohs magicians guys had their staff turned into snakes. even devil came like a snake to tempt both Jesus in the new testament and eve in the old testament and countless other miracles in the bible like peter's shadow healing the sick, paul bitten by a viper without being hurt, etc. Above all the bible says the devil is the prince of these world and off course he his going to love-vendor up his agents to do worst things if he can change to any snakes just to do evil. reminding you he wants to capture as much as possible to hell with his evil acts. Don't be beclouded by civilization.
So my dear, like i said technically i am not a christian but i respect everyone's religion and i do not take anything for granted we are all entitle to our opinion. So seun, don't be an idiot making such generalization about nigerians you are supposed to be more enlighten with your choice of words.

makes sense,most people on here including the poster have been brainwashed by asimilating the same western view of traditional medicine being fake and what not,go and find out and learn about the white witches,the rituals e.t.c they do in england,go to stonehenge in england and find out the sacrifices and other stuffs they do there,thank GOD the white people they are all following blindly in saying juju is not real have turned round to say paranomal exists and have even filmed several researches and experiments to show that fact,white people say we are animals and shud embrace xtianity, africans do, they turn around and say there is not GOD and xtianity is fake, africans still believe, they dont blieve in the paranormal when our traditional doctors talk about speaking to the dead, we swallow it hook line and sinker, now they did their own research and decided the paranormal exists
for these of you who blindly follow follow anything the white man says,open your eyes to reality, juju is real,it happens and the reason why u dont see the dissappearing thing being done e.t.c is because it requires great sacrifice,in the old days using some human beings to appease their GODS was common place now enlightenment and the law wont allow it ,simple, if you however want them to try it out,u can look for a human sacrifice and get their permission and ill direct you to the opc guys in my house, SATAN IS MIGHTY BUT GOD IS ALMIGHTY
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Pataki: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ Poster,

In as much I am not ready to walk you through with your posts and state of mind towards the subject matter, it is rather a preposterous statement to render that the average Lagosian is an idiot for believing to whatever he/she holds to his belief.

If you choose not to believe in voodooism and all other forms of magical powers bestowed on mankind, that is your problem, but to make a statement of grand generalization of insults on several others simply because it offends your supreme thinking faculty is grossly wrong of you.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by tpia: 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ lucabrasi: murder is murder regardless if there's juju involved.

Too many people are trying to cover up this fact.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DeepZone: 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2008

So how do you get justice for murder powered by juju in the court of law?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2008
tpia:

true and im not supporting it one bit,all im saying is that the juju sh*t is as real as day and night,secondly im saying the reason why all these disappearing juju and flying and what not are not seen again these days is because the kind of human sacrifices used to appease the demons responsible these days cannot be gotten in the present time, it was common place for human sacrifices before going to war hundreds of years ago now you cant anymore so it stands to reason that some juju that requires human sacrifice will be obsolete and lie redundant
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Pataki: 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
lucabrasi:

makes sense,most people on here including the poster have been brainwashed by asimilating the same western view of traditional medicine being fake and what not,go and find out and learn about the white witches,the rituals e.t.c they do in england,go to stonehenge in england and find out the sacrifices and other stuffs they do there,thank GOD the white people they are all following blindly in saying juju is not real have turned round to say paranomal exists and have even filmed several researches and experiments to show that fact,white people say we are animals and should embrace xtianity, africans do, they turn around and say there is not GOD and xtianity is fake, africans still believe, they don't blieve in the paranormal when our traditional doctors talk about speaking to the dead, we swallow it hook line and sinker, now they did their own research and decided the paranormal exists
for these of you who blindly follow follow anything the white man says,open your eyes to reality, juju is real,it happens and the reason why u don't see the dissappearing thing being done e.t.c is because it requires great sacrifice,in the old days using some human beings to appease their GODS was common place now enlightenment and the law wont allow it ,simple, if you however want them to try it out,u can look for a human sacrifice and get their permission and ill direct you to the opc guys in my house, SATAN IS MIGHTY BUT GOD IS ALMIGHTY
Tell it the way it is!!!!!

These same set of people hold on to the belief that the white man that brought Christianity are no longer going to Church all across Europe, so why hold on to the belief they have brainwashed us with?

These same set of people will rather listen to what the white man says hook line sinker. Believing that Africans are backward with traditional myths that some people still hold in high esteem.

In fact anything Western is the SUPREME for these people.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by DeepZone: 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2008

This same set of people hold on to the belief that the white man that brought Christianity are no longer going to Church all across Europe, so why hold on to the belief they have brainwashed us with?

This same set of people will rather listen to what the white man says hook line sinker. Believing that Africans are backward with traditional myths that some people still hold in high esteem.

In fact anything Western is the SUPREME for this people.

Assuming we should believe that humans can turn to animals and shit. Why can't these armed robbers get that juju, find their way into the banks vaults as birds and help themselves out with pounds and euros?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by damola1: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2008
My simple analysis is that, truly there are mystical powers, however, the fact still remains that, we allow it to ellude our reasoning in africa, so much so that we give it an edge over logic.

Seee!!, the white man enjoys a good life, based on logic, so, that's what we need, logic!!!!

I strongly believe, God wants us to use our head, at least 99% of the time to , and in special cases, he simply desmonstrates his superness, does using our head remove the fact that he's still the owner of the head!!!

I will prefer to in fact stop believing these mystical things, cos, 99% of my life requires my logic!!!!!!!!!!!,
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by idupaul: 12:05am On Jul 31, 2008
Doubt juju at your own peril, there is juju.but it fails easily, and is most times just 40 percent reliable
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by lucabrasi(m): 12:13am On Jul 31, 2008
Pataki:

These same set of people hold on to the belief that the white man that brought Christianity are no longer going to Church all across Europe, so why hold on to the belief they have brainwashed us with?

These same set of people will rather listen to what the white man says hook line sinker. Believing that Africans are backward with traditional myths that some people still hold in high esteem.

In fact anything Western is the SUPREME for these people.
very soon all of them will change back to "juju is real"as soon as white people start to do researches and say its real,for people that believe itsnot real especially those in naija its very very easy to know,go round your village and tell them u thinkthey are full of crap and its not real then wait a couple of hours or days.
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by tpia: 12:19am On Jul 31, 2008
DeepZone:

So how do you get justice for murder powered by juju in the court of law?

until people who use juju as a cover for all kinds of crimes from murder to flagrant disregard for human rights, are prosecuted for the public to see, there will be little justice for victims.

Most times people are either too scared or too gullible to even want to look at juju with a critical eye. And the advocates try to discourage others from doing so, thus perpetuating the cycle.

Africans seem to be genetically wired to swallow anything that smacks of religion, hook, line and sinker.

@ lucabrasi: can you or someone here kindly answer my question: does all this stuff fill up potholes, supply stable electricity, and lead to inventions that improve the lot of the common man?
Re: Animals Do Not Turn Into Human Beings: Ok? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:38am On Jul 31, 2008
O.k

I have been watching this thread with interest, and heres my opinion.

This is Naija. SHIT happens and you best believe.

Some tima ago in PH (I think that was btw 2002-2003) I was driving to church one sunday when I came across the most horrific motor accident I had ever seen. This was a three lane express road, and a car had careened off the highway, hit a woman, hit a pole and split in to two equal halves. The interesting thing was that the driver was unharmed (I mean not even a scar).
As we know Naija, the scene was already filled with bystander and observers, but the odd thing was that although the accident just occured about 10minute before I got there, the woman was already stinking worst than a 2 week old corpse. The driver claimed that he ran into a goat which appeared out of nowhere and now he is seeing a dead woman and the interesting thing is that I heard he gave this as a testimony in church.
I learnt recently another incident repeated itself in PH again. I have heard about a women giving birth to fishes, yams, e.t.c. And the interesting thing is that Nigerians dont hesitate to kill. Instead of taking them and handing them over to the authority for research and confirmation we kill them. If these things happened in the USA, we would have called them Catwoman, Aquagirl, Goatchick, e.t.c.

My point here is that if you can believe in God, believe in witches, believe in evil spirits, believe in mermaids, then why cant you believe in human tranfiguration and santa clause.

I for one think its a load of horse manure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Resident Hails Sanwo Olu For Stopping Apapa Gridlock (Video) / Celebrations In Kaduna As El-Rufai Wins Governorship / Awaiting Buhari’s Billionaires By Paul Onomuakpokpo- The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.