Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:24 AM

Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) (8444 Views)

POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by enm(m): 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
though I don't pray for it but you people should not think that other tribe in the region will not get involve, what the ijaw are suffering now they too are also suffering it and them not making noise and taking up arm is not because they are scared but because majority of them still believe in peaceful negotiations with the nigeria state but for how long.

They are all patiently watching and waiting for the response and action of the nigeria state come 2015.

If you people think that the like of asari and co will be the champion if things get worse between the nigeria state and niger delta state, then you people need to go back again and research. There are people and will be people who are more intelligent, calculative and sometime more cold blooded who will be more than ready to go to any length to protect the interest of the niger deltan which is equality fairness and justice. The average niger deltan are not looking for anything more than that.

Yes today it is the ijaw that are making all the noise (dem sabi make noise do gragra join am) but note the rest are watching no matter the difference between them. yes there maybe division but believe me unity is slowly forming back because they are now wiser but unfortunately some have become over wise.

Yes Gej may not be the best thing that happened to nigeria after the long existence of Agege bread but if he must be voted out, it should be based on the performance of his duty not because he is from the other side of river niger that is what an average niger deltan want.

1 Like

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
enm: though I don't pray for it but you people should not think that other tribe in the region will not get involve, what the ijaw are suffering now they too are also suffering it and them not making noise and taking up arm is not because they are scared but because majority of them still believe in peaceful negotiations with the nigeria state but for how long.

They are all patiently watching and waiting for the response and action of the nigeria state come 2015.

If you people think that the like of asari and co will be the champion if things get worse between the nigeria state and niger delta state, then you people need to go back again and research. There are people and will be people who are more intelligent, calculative and sometime more cold blooded who will be more than ready to go to any length to protect the interest of the niger deltan which is equality fairness and justice. The average niger deltan are not looking for anything more than that.

Yes today it is the ijaw that are making all the noise (dem sabi make noise do gragra join am) but note the rest are watching no matter the difference between them. yes there maybe division but believe me unity is slowly forming back because they are now wiser but unfortunately some have become over wise.

Yes Gej may not be the best thing that happened to nigeria after the long existence of Agege bread but if he must be voted out, it should be based on the performance of his duty not because he is from the other side of river niger that is what an average niger deltan want.
The VOTEs of the Nigerian populace must prevail.

Though I still hope GEJ performs and get reelected
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
enm: though I don't pray for it but you people should not think that other tribe in the region will not get involve, what the ijaw are suffering now they too are also suffering it and them not making noise and taking up arm is not because they are scared but because majority of them still believe in peaceful negotiations with the nigeria state but for how long.

The VOTEs of the Nigerian populace must prevail.

Though I still hope GEJ performs and get reelected
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Rottenegg1: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II:

Winning a war by destructing your own communities? Wonderful
^grin grin
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by bloggernaija: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
kettykin: The igbos fought a blind and unplanned war of secession against Soviet Union, British Empire and Arab world back Nigerian Army and yet inflicted a serious set back on the Nigerian army that gives them Night mare when ever they hear of Biafra.

Going forward the Ijaws will not fight a blind war of secession , ijaws are smarter than that , they will cut of the link to Nigeria's economy first before finishing Nigeria through insurgencies and guerrillas tactics.
Nigeria strength lies in the forming of alliances with neighbouring nations and super powers and using blockades which Boko Haram did not give them opportunity to use , the last outing of the Ijaws saw a very quick strike force that could get to anywhere near the coast like the Atlas Cove and Bakassi in lightning precision ,hitting their Targets , delivering massive devastations and leaving with out detection unlike the Nigerian forces that can not hit with precision and always in the process slaughter the innocent and incurre outrage of human right community.

Anybody who knows the effect of bombing third mainland bridge ,the numerous power plants in the Niger delta , airports refineries , Fuel depots ,sea ports , ships , stadiums and telecommunication infrastructure will not pray that the militants are ever provoked as long as Nigeria exists as an independent , united nation.

Ijaw/Niger Delta militants are about the only group invicible enough to perpetrate these kind of attacks and still be uncaught, if you doubt me ask Boko Haram .

They do that in Lagos , you declare war on the SW.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by ba7man(m): 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2013
bloggernaija:
You dey mind dat one?

He/she spends so much time plotting the downfall of the S.W.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
onomeasike: 1) The Ijaws are minorities and they still have an exaggerated impression of their real population and geographical boundaries. (refer to their battles with original landowners in benin, warri, ilajeland etc and controversy over who is a real Ijaw for example people from where the president hail from are not historically regarded as Ijaws unlike Asari Dokubo who is from the real ijaw clans)

2) The Ijaws are seriously disadvantaged in terms of human and economic capital (most educated and wealthy Ijaws have a taste and lifestyle they believe is above the primitive settings of most ijaw clans and those currently stealing petro-dollars are stocking up arms for personal security/struggle for power and mostly investing outside ijawland )

3) The ijaw identity as a brand (like the igbo identity) is quietly assuming a negative perception that they may no longer be entrusted with sensitive national and security asset.

4) The ijaws are surrounded with people who will never support the ijaw in their struggle because they have been cheated or fought by the ijaw resulting to loss of lives and property ( the itsekiri, Benin, Ilaje, urhobo etc) will never be in a country to be dominated by the ijaw.

5) The ijaw cannot feed themselves due to paucity of land and the access to the sea can always be bombarded or barricaded (refer to the experience of the igbo during the Nigerian Civil War)

6) The ijaw have serious internal division and this current unity among their elite is temporary. Some ijaw communities have cheated one another in terms of oil well location revenue and they know same will continue in absence of a neutral arbiter (even within Nembe, there is historical enmity and unsettled scores between the two Nembe)

7) The ijaw have a system that promote laziness among the malefolks and most children are being catered for by their mothers whose wise counsel against war may prevail.

cool The ijaws are in serious economic poverty even right now let alone when there is war.The cost of consumables in ijaw communities is usually high because the expensive cost of water transportation of goods is usually built into the cost of goods (even ordinary sweet sold #5 costs #20 in far flung ijaw communities)

9.Ijaws lack health infrastructure and the casualties that may arise can not be handled by them.

10) They don't border any country like the Yoruba or northerners in the event that women and children have to move into safe camps or seek temporary asylum or secure alliances.

Finally, if there's any war, the battle ground is going to be ijawland!

What would be your advice to the ijaw if you are in their shoes?

Anybody expecting an artillery lined up side by side between Ijaws and the Nigerian army will be living in the 1940-50s. Any war between Nigeria and the Ijaw, will quickly spread across the whole SS zone. There is no way on earth Nigeria can win. Your air force will be useless, your navy cannot access 99% of the swampland landscape, your army of Yoruba/hausas will only be offered to Egbesu as items of thanks. Simply because of a terrain they cannot understand. Unlike the Ibos the SS will be well supplied with all kids of modern arms, the Ukraine, Chinese and Russian arms dealers will not have any problem getting paid. How is Nigeria going to finance this war? You think Shell, Chevron and Exxon will be operating when they are targeted with hit and run operations. Just look to Vietnam, Iraq and even Libya,you will understand why your Nigerian army has zero chance.

You people, should seek a peaceful division of this country, Nigeria CANNOT win a war in the Nigerdelta.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by kettykin: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
bloggernaija:

they did that already with bombing of Atlas Cove and what came out of it

[size=18pt]Nigerian oil rebels attack Lagos[/size]
Nigeria's main rebel group has escalated its campaign against the oil industry by striking a docking station in Lagos, more than 250 miles from its heartland in the Niger delta.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/5818102/Nigerian-oil-rebels-attack-Lagos.html
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
I don't get something, what will b the aim of the war ? Secession?
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by adino(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
bloggernaija:
Not when u and ur 20 BB crew will be left without internet access, electricity and a Lagos turned Maiduguri in 2 weeks. While you and your folks are left off running to cotonou as refugees.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Do you know more than going from thread to thread trying to "unmask" those using multiple handles, and calling them Yoruba? May be you should try to meet so as to test his blood to know where he truly comes from as you suggested should be done to you.

Please go look for your Itsekiri father shamless liar,
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by kettykin: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II: I don't get something, what will b the aim of the war ? Secession?

War is simply politics continued in the battle field, if you understood Obasanjo's Motive for the inciting letter he wrote and published then you would understand what could trigger the Militants to action .

Issues ranging from an attempted coup to out rightly undemocratic subversion of the Government like APC is tying to influence to needless impeachment and gang up by legislators against the Jonathan Administration. i still think Nigerians learn no lesson from the first civil war just like the world learn nothing from the first world war.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
kettykin:

War is simply politics continued in the battle field, if you understood Obasanjo's Motive for the inciting letter he wrote and published then you would understand what could trigger the Militants to action .

Issues ranging from an attempted coup to out rightly undemocratic subversion of the Government like APC is tying to influence to needless impeachment and gang up by legislators against the Jonathan Administration. i still think Nigerians learn no lesson from the first civil war just like the world learn nothing from the first world war.

The move is theirs, let them make it. Every action will be matched with an equal reaction. I just thank God, this is not 1967.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
kettykin:

Issues ranging from an attempted coup to out rightly undemocratic subversion of the Government like APC is tying to influence to needless impeachment and gang up by legislators against the Jonathan Administration. i still think Nigerians learn very little lesson from the first civil war just like the world learn nothing from the first world war.
I know what a war is at least the definition.

My question was for the fellow who said that the NA won't line up any artillery.
If the aim of the,Ijaw war is secession he's wrong the NA will do everything to bring them back like they did with Biafra. The president swore to protect the,integrity of this country .
If their war is about resource control then this is another ball game
So again what is the aim of the Ijaw war ?
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by kettykin: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II:

My question was for the fellow who said that the NA won't line up any artillery.
If the aim of the,Ijaw war is secession he's wrong the NA will do everything to bring them back like they did with Biafra. The president swore to protect the,integrity of this country .

If Nigerian Army could not defend Bakassi what makes you think Nigeria Army would defend any side that does it home work before secession, i hope you know that Nigeria needs money to buy weapons and if oil does not flow how will they get money to buy weapon, my understanding is that some folks think every war is like the Biafran war were secession was declared hurriedly with very little preparation and support from the outside world .

If for some reasons America and france backed Biafra that war would have ended quickly and differently. The Niger Deltans even if they want to secede would not declare secession without grounding the Economy of Nigeria with massive coordinated attacks on economic infrastructures in country crippling Nigeria in the process till Nigeria is very weak economically and their is wide spread chaos with soldiers and other armed personnel not getting paid and mutinying
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II:

This simple answer is both, resource control and secession.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by kel4soft: 7:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
barcanista: Mr Man, with due respect Asari and his exMilitants ilks are on their own, they don't have the authority of the masses.

Ijaw has many kingdoms, an Okrika man will not "heed to any war called by an Otuoke man or a Kalabari man IF Okrika survival is not threatened.
Same with other kingdoms.
The truth is most of the political class and "elder statesmen" are speaking for themselves.
In Ijawland we have Amayanabors for each kingdioms, each kingdoms also have clans and every clan has a Canoe House, the heads of each Canoe houses together with the Amayanabor decide when the people will go to war and the Heads of Canoe houses prosecutes the War. The war MUST be as a result of threat to the existence of the Kingdoms. Politicians and Vagabonds don't take decision for anybody.

Jonathan should concentrate on delivering his promises, he shouldn't let persona non grata like Asari to deceive him.

Once again Neither Patience nor Jonathan nor Asari nor Clark nor Sekibo etc has the power and authority to tell the Ijaw Nation what to do.

God bless Okrika Kingdom
God bless Ijaw Nation
God bless Nigeria
God bless the President

I can't believe I still have an Ijaw brother with this mindset. I just followed you. Please follow me back.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
kel4soft:

I can't believe I still have an Ijaw brother with this mindset. I just followed you. Please follow me back.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wayo no good. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by ebamma(m): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
maybe the Op has never heard of guerilla warfare, why do u think they americans where unable to win the vietnam war and afghanistan ?,
its cos the vietnamese where fighting in their own territory where the knew every nook and cranny,
Same will apply to ijaw land, no nigerian army man or navy man, knows the creeks better than ijaws, they nigerian army will drop a few bombs and destroy a few houses, but when the attempt a land invasion the will be defeated
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
ebamma: maybe the Op has never heard of guerilla warfare, why do u think they americans where unable to win the vietnam war and afghanistan ?,
its cos the vietnamese where fighting in their own territory where the knew every nook and cranny,
Same will apply to ijaw land, no nigerian army man or navy man, knows the creeks better than ijaws, they nigerian army will drop a few bombs and destroy a few houses, but when the attempt a land invasion the will be defeated
we are talking about fighter jets straffing the creeks...you are busy hyping the it. You better dont let igbos decieve you people into a senseless war cos i bet you that they will fold their hands and watch just like you guys did even abandoning them during the biafra war, forget about the cunning talks of SS/SE Merger talk from them- they just want your oyel.

Yes, militants will go about bombing federal properties but what do you think nig army would be doing? Sleeping? They'll ensure they wipe out every ijaw citizen, young and old. After the war, federal properties will ressurect again but what about the dead ijaws?

1 Like

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2013
kel4soft:

I've done that brother.

God bless you
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
Segeggs: we are talking about fighter jets straffing the creeks...you are busy hyping the it. You better dont let igbos decieve you people into a senseless war cos i bet you that they will fold their hands and watch just like you guys did even abandoning them during the biafra war, forget about the cunning talks of SS/SE Merger talk from them- they just want your oyel.

Yes, militants will go about bombing federal properties but what do you think nig army would be doing? Sleeping? They'll ensure they wipe out every ijaw citizen, young and old. After the war, federal properties will ressurect again but what about the dead ijaws?

What will your fighter jets be strafing? open water, or the towns in SS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Yaradua send the air force for months they were bombing. Ask the army how effective all that strafing turned out.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2013
barcanista: I've done that brother.

God bless you

yeye dey smell.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2013
Segeggs: we are talking about fighter jets straffing the creeks...you are busy hyping the it. You better dont let igbos decieve you people into a senseless war cos i bet you that they will fold their hands and watch just like you guys did even abandoning them during the biafra war, forget about the cunning talks of SS/SE Merger talk from them- they just want your oyel.

Please leave Igbo out this, we didn't send them anywhere. Okay? Stop looking for excuses to bomb the SE again
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
ebamma: maybe the Op has never heard of guerilla warfare, why do u think they americans where unable to win the vietnam war and afghanistan ?,
Bros Point of correction, America is not in same continent with vietnam neither do they have pre-knowledge of the Vietnamese geographical expression.
The Fight in Afghanistan is NOT America Vs Afghanistan, But America Vs Taliban(that is why guerilla is working for them), but trust me no Taliban has thrown any BOMB or a gun shot in American soil. They only attack US facilities and their own people in dia Soil. If na FULL scale War, Talibans and the whole Afghanistans no go last reach 24hrs.

As for NA Vs Ijaw, Oboy E NO GO HAPPEN. Wetin go make us fyt Naija?

Jonathan cannot even set his Otuoke against NA. Them no go look him face. Say for which reason na?

As for Asari, he's overrated. Just getting media hype. He's a criminal who doesn't have following in his Kalabari Kingdom except his fellow criminals.

As for Clark, na political elder statesman. REAL Ijaw statesmen head CANOE houses

PS:I notice that its the Igbos that are spoiling for war on IJAW behalf. Pls if Biafra wants war state it, but be rest assured that secession is the LAST thing in the mind of the Ijaws- We Want Resource Control and Improved Living Condition

2 Likes

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
barcanista: Bros Point of correction, America is not in same continent with vietnam neither do they have pre-knowledge of the Vietnamese geographical expression.
The Fight in Afghanistan is NOT America Vs Afghanistan, But America Vs Taliban(that is why guerilla is working for them), but trust me no Taliban has thrown any BOMB or a gun shot in American soil. They only attack US facilities and their own people in dia Soil. If na FULL scale War, Talibans and the whole Afghanistans no go last reach 24hrs.

As for NA Vs Ijaw, Oboy E NO GO HAPPEN. Wetin go make us fyt Naija?

Jonathan cannot even set his Otuoke against NA. Them no go look him face. Say for which reason na?

As for Asari, he's overrated. Just getting media hype. He's a criminal who doesn't have following in his Kalabari Kingdom except his fellow criminals.

As for Clark, na political elder statesman. REAL Ijaw statesmen head CANOE houses

PS:I notice that its the Igbos that are spoiling for war on IJAW behalf. Pls if Biafra wants war state it, but be rest assured that secession is the LAST thing in the mind of the Ijaws- We Want Resource Control and Improved Living Condition

Are you for real? Please don't let your hate for Igbos kill you and kindly show me where Igbo are/were beating the war drum on your behalf .

2 Likes

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by superstar1(m): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2013
atlwireles:

Anybody expecting an artillery lined up side by side between Ijaws and the Nigerian army will be living in the 1940-50s. Any war between Nigeria and the Ijaw, will quickly spread across the whole SS zone. There is no way on earth Nigeria can win. Your air force will be useless, your navy cannot access 99% of the swampland landscape, your army of Yoruba/hausas will only be offered to Egbesu as items of thanks. Simply because of a terrain they cannot understand. Unlike the Ibos the SS will be well supplied with all kids of modern arms, the Ukraine, Chinese and Russian arms dealers will not have any problem getting paid. How is Nigeria going to finance this war? You think Shell, Chevron and Exxon will be operating when they are targeted with hit and run operations. Just look to Vietnam, Iraq and even Libya,you will understand why your Nigerian army has zero chance.

You people, should seek a peaceful division of this country, Nigeria CANNOT win a war in the Nigerdelta.

How will nigeria finance the war with 40bn US dollars reserve.

I still dey laff
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
POPE II:

Are you for real? Please don't let your hate for Igbos kill you and kindly show me where Igbo are/were beating the war drum on your behalf .
Point of Correction, I do not hate the Igbo tribe nor the Igbos. I've never wished the Igbos negative in their struggle despite the fact that I make it plain that the Igbo struggle is not one and the same with the Ijaw struggle. Pls prove me wrong if you think otherwise.

As for where the Igbos advocates for War on Ijaw behalf, please read the thread from page 0 and you will figure that out yourself.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Rottenegg1: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2013

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
atlwireles:

Please go look for your Itsekiri father shamless liar,
I never told you my father is missing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region / Obaseki Renames Oshiomhole Street To Saraki Street / Benue: Tribunal Affirms Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (APC) As Duly Elected Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.