Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) (8299 Views)

POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / Yorubas Do Not Own Lagos, The Ijaws Do. The Mahins, Ilajes And Aworis Are Ijaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Tanks for d add.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by superstar1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19: Balkan re u on bbm, der is sth I want to discuss with on Nigerian politics and d place of the Igbo's.
330b34ea. I want to reveal our archiles heel to u partaining Nigerian politics.

Share it with us too nah.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by onomeasike: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
Double post
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by onomeasike: 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
@superstar1,I can give you ten solid reasons why igbos can never win a war should remain subservient in Nigeria (if that's what you mean by Achilles heel).
That's my specialty cool
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Balkan(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19: Balkan re u on bbm, der is sth I want to discuss with on Nigerian politics and d place of the Igbo's.
330b34ea. I want to reveal our archiles heel to u partaining Nigerian politics.
thank you for your interest in revealing to me the mentioned. However, I will welcome that as I have seen that you are nwafor
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Balkan(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
onomeasike: @superstar1,I can give you ten solid reasons why igbos can never win a war should remain subservient in Nigeria (if that's what you mean by Achilles heel).
That's my specialty cool
this Yoruba boys will never relent in causing quandary between SE/SS. You poster. I have gone through your post and found out you belong to the laid back tribe. No need joining issues with you.

1 Like

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
Balkan: this Yoruba boys will never relent in causing quandary between SE/SS. You poster. I have gone through your post and found out you belong to the laid back tribe. No need joining issues with you.

That is d problem I have with them on Nairaland. They are never bold. Always fickle. And they hide behind other people's tribe. They claim they are Edo or Ijaw or Itshekiri or sometimes even Igbo.
They are also shameless. When they are caught, they will rather continue lying through their teeth than go out with dignity. U can see d OP using an Urhobo name to further yoruba agenda. I have noticed that a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
I don show.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2013
onomeasike: @superstar1,I can give you ten solid reasons why igbos can never win a war should remain subservient in Nigeria (if that's what you mean by Achilles heel).
That's my specialty cool
I can give u 10solid reasons y Igbo's shudnt fight any war (if dats ur achilles heel)

1 Like

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by superstar1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2013
That's my specialty cool

Thanks jarey correct guy.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:

Thanks jarey correct guy.
LoL
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by nuclearboy(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Igbos should NOT remain subservient! However, there also is no need for war! All that is required is co-operation and diplomacy with other tribes so that they can fully be integrated into the Nigerian state!

No point lying - they have been marginalized! That's the truth! But many Igbos haven't helped matters with fighting everyone!

The case of the Ijaws is also the same - warfare isn't a game of monopoly or ludo and nobody knows where twill end! If we were discussing fighting for the interest of someone who was really catering to their interest, one would understand but as it is, its ridiculous to imagine sensible people wanting to risk death of their family members over GEJ!

@lyng19: kudos
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Psylas(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II:

Are you for real? Please don't let your hate for Igbos kill you and kindly show me where Igbo are/were beating the war drum on your behalf .
maybe Asari in an Igbo man
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by wirinet(m): 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
That's my specialty cool

Before you give your 10 reasons why igbos can never win a war, give me one solid reason why the igbos need to fight a war. Also tell me who is holding the igbos subservient and how.

1 Like

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
jp philips:

How does resource control solve the many woes of the delta?
it would bros. With Resource Control, we won't have to wait for Abuja allocation, we won't depend on state Govt nor local govt. Each oil producing communities will use their own percentage to develop their lands. That is our Community Leaders (Amayanabors and Co) will directly use our respective monies to take care of our communities. In fact, should he misbehave, we will know how to DEAL with them accordingly since we won't have to "travel".

The benefits are:
1)Monies for our respective communities will be spent on respective communities without extension to another.
2)The Community leadership led by the Kings along with his chiefs and NOT politicians will take these monies.
3)The issue of tribalism, our brother etc won't be there since each community is responsible to itself.
4)The input of the locals will prevail and not what one Abuja politician talks.
5)Massive development as no nicompoop will contemplate diverting funds- you can't fight your people and win. In fact I trust my people.
6) Etc

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Psylas(m): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
POPE II: them don't know Hausa plenty in Niger, manpower is very important Ijaw can't fight any war they should stop senseless and empty chest beating. They are going to b wiped off and the remaining Ijaws will b orphans who won't know anything about their history. Their region is already backward, so there's nothing to destroy there , the NA will send them back to prehistory.
i bu ezigbo onye ara, av been watchinq ur comments here!
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Balkan(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
nuclearboy: Igbos should NOT remain subservient! However, there also is no need for war! All that is required is co-operation and diplomacy with other tribes so that they can fully be integrated into the Nigerian state!

No point lying - they have been marginalized! That's the truth! But many Igbos haven't helped matters with fighting everyone!

The case of the Ijaws is also the same - warfare isn't a game of monopoly or ludo and nobody knows where twill end! If we were discussing fighting for the interest of someone who was really catering to their interest, one would understand but as it is, its ridiculous to imagine sensible people wanting to risk death of their family members over GEJ!

@lyng19: kudos
who will integrate who? You are funny boy. The Igbo man does not need integration. The igbo man has already taken charge in the Nigerian affairs. To hell with being the president of Nigeria. Tell me those tribes that have produced the president of this country, the one that is more progressive and richer than the igbo tribe.

We want to fully cease the economic power first. Then every other thing will be added unto us. I am a tribalist to the core no regrates. I am full blown igbo no appologies. I am a proud igbo man I don't give a dam about it. I can never claim any other tribe, hate me or call me a bigot that's what I am. Igbos have neighbours if think we can live together no problem. But not with laid back tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Psylas(m): 7:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I've been reading your posts; either you're not Igbo, or you're a Lagos-brought up efulefu!

'Excuse to bomb SE' indeed!
u're correct, i hv been watching his posts, he's not an Igbo
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Balkan: who will integrate who? You are funny boy. The Igbo man does not need integration. The igbo man has already taken charge in the Nigerian affairs. To hell with being the president of Nigeria. Tell me those tribes that have produced the president of this country, the one that is more progressive and richer than the igbo tribe.

We want to fully cease the economic power first. Then every other thing will be added unto us. I am a tribalist to the core no regrates. I am full blown igbo no appologies. I am a proud igbo man I don't give a dam about it. I can never claim any other tribe, hate me or call me a bigot that's what I am. Igbos have neighbours if think we can live together no problem. But not with laid back tribe.
If u re not ready for presidency, my ppl re ready o.
One thing I just want to tell my Igbo brothers is that when its tym nothing can stop us except if its not Gods will, also all doz talks abt northerners ruling for 40years it a big lie(if northerners staged a coup and it was succesful nobody stopped other tribes or region from attempting theirs, at least Obj is a testimony to that), I don't know if its that our leaders don't know how to play politics anymore or that we re just not ready to climb over to the next level, if Alex ekueme cud become d vice president just few years after d civil war even when d ethnic hatreds hadn't cleared like that what makes u think an Igbo man can't be president or vice president at this present time. Nigeria has had 14years of uninterupted democracy-
The yoruba's have had der 8years.
The north had only 2years because of some coincidence.
The ijaws had der 6years though its suppose to be 8.
Our time is coming but we need all hands on deck to make it happen, I hope that when we re ready we won't have some saboteurs.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19:
One thing I just want to tell my Igbo brothers is that when its tym nothing can stop us except if its not Gods will, also all doz talks abt northerners ruling for 40years it a big lie(if northerners staged a coup and it was succesful nobody stopped other tribes or region from attempting theirs, at least Obj is a testimony to that), I don't know if its that our leaders don't know how to play politics anymore or that we re just not ready to climb over to the next level, if Alex ekueme cud become d vice president just few years after d civil war even when d ethnic hatreds hadn't cleared like that what makes u think an Igbo man can't be president or vice president at this present time. Nigeria has had 14years of uninterupted democracy-
Our time is coming but we need all hands on deck to make it happen, I hope that when we re ready we won't have some saboteurs.

How did the ijaw rule for 6years. What I'm I really missing with your comments
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19:
Even if they like let them be 50million, nor region in dz Nigeria can fight the north alone, lemme just tell u sth, Nigeria no end for the border of kano, geographically it ends in kano area but dats not where it ends it still extends pass Niger, chad and d rest, kano state governor is almost as powerful as a president in Niger republic, if war start today, even without UN/or any super power's support, if other regions decide to look the other way, the se and the sw wud be overflowing with refugees by the time Asari see's war.
Don't fear d man that wud hold d knife and be shouting I wud kill u, fear the man that wud hide d knife yet won't shout but will kill u.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
atlwireles:

How did the ijaw rule for 6years. What I'm I really missing with your comments
I am calculating from when GEJ took over power i.e 2009 to 2015. Coz I knw dat as at now although I know a trick GEJ can use to win 2015 election, but he aint gonna win if care is not taken.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by atlwireles: 8:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19:
I am calculating from when GEJ took over power i.e 2009 to 2015. Coz I knw dat as at now although I know a trick GEJ can use to win 2015 election, but he aint gonna win if care is not taken.

2015 will take care of itself.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
atlwireles:

2015 will take care of itself.
I pray so.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Balkan(m): 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19:
I don't know who your people are and I think I never used the word " ready" I don't know what problem you have with my comment.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
Balkan: I don't know who your people are and I think I never used the word " ready" I don't know what problem you have with my comment.
U said to hell with the presidency, so I said if u no want d post, we need it o.
Also u said sth like
"we want to seize the political power first and every other thing will be added unto us"
If u ve held a govt post b4 u wud knw dat economic power comes first before economic power, political power can sabotage economic power but economic power can't.
If economic power was d main thing by now Dangote for be president, also politics has a lot to do with Dangote's riches.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by Balkan(m): 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
lygn19:
U said to hell with the presidency, so I said if u no want d post, we need it o.
Also u said sth like
"we want to seize the political power first and every other thing will be added unto us"
If u ve held a govt post b4 u wud knw dat economic power comes first before economic power, political power can sabotage economic power but economic power can't.
If economic power was d main thing by now Dangote for be president, also politics has a lot to do with Dangote's riches.
money can buy you power. Check the jews all over the world. In the US for instant they determine to a great extent who becomes US president. No governmet in power can mess them around. That is the ideology we should pursue. To me being the president benefits only family and friends. The records are there.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by WarriPikin1: 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
onomeasike: 1) The Ijaws are minorities and they still have an exaggerated impression of their real population and geographical boundaries. (refer to their battles with original landowners in benin, warri, ilajeland etc and controversy over who is a real Ijaw for example people from where the president hail from are not historically regarded as Ijaws unlike Asari Dokubo who is from the real ijaw clans)

2) The Ijaws are seriously disadvantaged in terms of human and economic capital (most educated and wealthy Ijaws have a taste and lifestyle they believe is above the primitive settings of most ijaw clans and those currently stealing petro-dollars are stocking up arms for personal security/struggle for power and mostly investing outside ijawland )

3) The ijaw identity as a brand (like the igbo identity) is quietly assuming a negative perception that they may no longer be entrusted with sensitive national and security asset.

4) The ijaws are surrounded with people who will never support the ijaw in their struggle because they have been cheated or fought by the ijaw resulting to loss of lives and property ( the itsekiri, Benin, Ilaje, urhobo etc) will never be in a country to be dominated by the ijaw.

5) The ijaw cannot feed themselves due to paucity of land and the access to the sea can always be bombarded or barricaded (refer to the experience of the igbo during the Nigerian Civil War)

6) The ijaw have serious internal division and this current unity among their elite is temporary. Some ijaw communities have cheated one another in terms of oil well location revenue and they know same will continue in absence of a neutral arbiter (even within Nembe, there is historical enmity and unsettled scores between the two Nembe)

7) The ijaw have a system that promote laziness among the malefolks and most children are being catered for by their mothers whose wise counsel against war may prevail.

cool The ijaws are in serious economic poverty even right now let alone when there is war.The cost of consumables in ijaw communities is usually high because the expensive cost of water transportation of goods is usually built into the cost of goods (even ordinary sweet sold #5 costs #20 in far flung ijaw communities)

9.Ijaws lack health infrastructure and the casualties that may arise can not be handled by them.

10) They don't border any country like the Yoruba or northerners in the event that women and children have to move into safe camps or seek temporary asylum or secure alliances.

Finally, if there's any war, the battle ground is going to be ijawland!

What would be your advice to the ijaw if you are in their shoes?

Your entire presumption is that because Ijaw is termed a "minority" group in Nigeria, they should be oppressed and any attempt to fight for their rights will be defeated because they are a minority?
How superficial you can be in your analysis. First of all, Nigeria cannot defeat Ijaw in any true combat unless it gets help from world powers like US or Britain. In any case, who will be fighting the Ijaws? Yorubas or /and Hausa? Infact, the Yoruba has its own hidden agenda to break away from Nigeria and i suspect in their wisdom of sharing border with Ijaw,they will not want to turn their region into a battleground. So i suspect only the Hausa will take the folly of fighting the Ijaw? With the present world order and economic order, they will be silly to expect the type of unquestionable help from Britain and Russia which helped them win the Biafran war. As a matter of fact, those countries have more to gain from a more manageable divided Nigeria than how it is presently constituted.
The same type of silly argument was made about Southern Sudan being a minority and impoverished that the north was going to snuff the life out of it if it dares to go for independence. Today, the nation of South Sudan proudly exist in the world. The same argument was put forward for former Soviet republics as Lithuania,Georgia,Ukraine etc, all those countries defeated the mighty Soviet union and are independent republics today.

Therefore, if the Ijaw decides to go its separate way, which may very well be the case after 2015, Nigeria cannot force her to be part of this cess pool of a country simply because our oil is needed to finance Islamic terrorists running around in northern Nigeria. If they want to war,they should already know through the Niger Delta crisis that the Ijaw isn't afraid of one.

2 Likes

Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by onomeasike: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

That is d problem I have with them on Nairaland. They are never bold. Always fickle. And they hide behind other people's tribe. They claim they are Edo or Ijaw or Itshekiri or sometimes even Igbo.
They are also shameless. When they are caught, they will rather continue lying through their teeth than go out with dignity. U can see d OP using an Urhobo name to further yoruba agenda. I have noticed that a long time ago.

Who is this troll?abeg park or pull over joor.
My name is yoruboid.my onome is not the urhobo own and if it does, does it really matter?Focus on the message not the messenger.
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Psylas: u're correct, i hv been watching his posts, he's not an Igbo
ndi ara .
I'm what?
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
Balkan: what is the meaning of tufiakwa? Kowaram ihie oputara na asusu anyi. Aka ga akpara gi. " aka kpara ezekudele, ya ekwue Onye Chiri ozo" Nkpi na agba nne ya!
whatever curses you are sending I reject in Jesus name, I'm corvered with the blood of Jesus . Back to sender*2
Re: Before The Ijaws Go To War With Nigeria. (a Must Read) by POPEII: 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
doublewisdom:
Don't mind the 1diot. Atlwireles please do your usual. 'unmask ' this Ekpan fly @ pope.
who b id!ot? Ewu can beer undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Acknowledged His Wife Before Osibanjo! / My Role In The Release Of Kankara Schoolboys – Matawalle / Olamilekan Adegbite: Nigeria Has Enough Minerals To Power Electric Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.