Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52211 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi: what does the above mean?

It's the Word of God for the guy I quoted to interpret

You can help him too bible scholar
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Neldre(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Virgin Mary. 1st thing is dat Father Abraham is d father of all nations. Sarah is the mother of all nations. After Jesus was born, Herod killed all male born during dat tym and the bible said- therer was a cry in Ramah, the wailing of Racheal (Jacob or Israel's wife), wailing for her lost sons (d kids Herod killed) because they are no more. Mary is nt d mother of all nations. So, there will be an instance to what she did- there is a man (in form of God) who needs a man of his own divine abilities to perform a specific operation no other man can do apart 4rm a man of his own kind (Jesus). 4 the man to come into existence, a woman has to give birth, so therefore, there is need for a surrogate mother (Mother Mary). I used surrogate because she is free to have other children by another person afterwards which she did. She had like 4 more. The mission was she should carry the kid. Wat happens after birth is God's biz. God saved Jesus frm Herod. And he has been attending to God's biz since he became 12. That means Mary's job ended as soon as Jesus was born. It is good to honour her for preserving herself bt u knw her, u dnt knw Jesus is total zero. U knw Jesus, u dnt acknowledge her is okay. U ought to bow to nobody other than God. U bow to no heavenly body. Mary is not d mother of all. She was a pencil in the hand of her creator and she served the master's work. You should be looking 4ward to do dat as well. Nt bowing to those who has done theirs. Moses led d people of Israel out of bondage. That was his job. Paul, Peter, Elijah did theirs as well.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi:
I said earlier that religious spirit messes with ones ability to understand. mr man the point here is that praying to sb is a form of worship according to Oxford dictionary and If
i ask brethren to pray for me (not that its even my thing but decided to come down to your level and continue *in Christianity prayer is a duty and a ministry you out ought to pray for your brethren. talk about praying in tongues nd its benefits*) that's by the way. I don't Kneel down at home and say brethren pray for me brethren most righteous pray for me. and when I meet them and say bro help me in prayers they will pray in Jesus name. But oh boy u pray direct to Mary and ask her to beg God you telling God that sending his son to be the way is not enough? when someone is not physically with you and is not communicating in real time its through prayers that you communicate to them even though they won't hear you. Mr man you worship idle. you have assumed Mary to be a deity and she can hear your prayers when you know she can't. you are attributing the omnipresent characteristics to her. don't let these words of mine be a judge onto you at last you can't justify this bro run for your life oo no look uche face your Bible no tell you that one bro may God help you.
you are talking rubbish here. U really need Gods understanding.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
try69:
What can you deduce from this bible verse

Revelation 3:9
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the Synagogue of Satan, which call themselves Jews, and are not, but do lie: behold, I say, I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet, and shall know that I have loved thee.
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
9 Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee.
Revised Standard Version (RSV)
9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

what has this got to do with Mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2013
uchez2:
Go about the parents and birth of Virgin Mary Mother of God, St Joachim and St Anne....u will see that she is not just like every other virgin then. She herself was conceived without sin. Do u even know this? Your ignorant is BLISS!
Pls tell me what verse and chapter story of Mary family is cos i only know joseph came from the line of David
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Liv4Christ: 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
De best thing is to pray 4 those serving God in ignorance. De Bible is very clear Jesus declared dat He is de only way to de Father; if there could be salvation in any other Acts 4:12, Jesus wouldn't have come to die a shameful death, de likes of Elijah, Enoch would have interceded 4 us.
Dearly beloved is was only God (word) dat can save man not weak flesh.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
try69:

It's the Word of God for the guy I quoted to interpret

You can help him too bible scholar
you have to interpret it that's how to share the word.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by davo90tico(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
We r all christians whether catholics protestants or whatever we all worship the living God

U r supposed to be at peace with one another for crying out loud
The bible says do to others wat u want them to do back to u, if u judge others the same way u shall be judged. Pls be warned u r not God to tell others how to worship and serve the lord undecided

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 9:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi: what does the above mean?
guy i dey wait make him answer my question cos that verse was for the church of philadephia,i dont understand the Connection between Mary and church of philadephia.To prove Mary is very insignificant the bible didnt even record her death or said any abt her after the pentecostal
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by davo90tico(m): 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
We r all christians whether catholics protestants or whatever we all worship the living God

U r supposed to be at peace with one another for crying out loud
The bible says do to others wat u want them to do back to u, if u judge others the same way u shall be judged. Pls be warned u r not God to tell others how to worship and serve the lord undecided
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: you are talking rubbish here. U really need Gods understanding.
oya counter my post with the understanding of God u have if you can't just skip my post please I beg politely
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: guy i dey wait make him answer my question cos that verse was for the church of philadephia,i dont understand the Connection between Mary and church of philadephia.To prove Mary is very insignificant the bible didnt even record her death or said any abt her after the pentecostal
lolz guy you for just park mek anybody give a satanic interpretation now and hear nwiiii
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lisasonesis: 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: gibberish bull-poo. Before u judge someone, u nid to ask for an explanation. It's obvious that u pentecostals doesn't have another fact to bash catholics and u're now forming the word worship . It's one of ur judgement on the last day bro!

I am not against the Roman catholics but against some of their practices which the bible spoke against.
Bowing down to statues which the bible spoke about is not the only one u do

you guys seem to be ignorant of certain scripture. take for instance ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday practices.
any Roman catholic here knows that these days are not set aside to fast n pray but just not to eat meat.
On ur own have u tried to give attention as to what the bible says concerning such practice?
if u read Colossians 2:9 through d end u will understand what m saying
in Colossians 2:16 the bible says; LET NO MAN D4 JUDGE U IN MEAT, OR IN DRINK OR IN RESPECT OF AN HOLY DAY, OR OF THE NEW MOON OR OF D SABBATH DAYS
VS17 WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; BUT D BODY IS OF CHRIST
VS18 LET NO MAN BEGUILE U OF UR REWARD IN A VOLUNTARY HUMILITY N WASHIPPING OF ANGELS, INTRUDING INTO THOSE THINGS WHICH HE HATH NOT SEEN, VAINLY PUFFED UP BY HIS FLESHY MIND.
VS19. AND NOT HOLDING D HEAD FROM WHICH ALL D BODY BY JOINTS N BANDS....
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
Youngzedd:
Don't ever say that again weti naa.
I am a roman catholic but this your argument didn't make sense at all. Na you give birth to your papa

Mary mother of God kwa.

Who created Marry

Jesus is already in existence before Mary minhd you, because He is one of the trinity.

He only manifested himself to we humans through Blessed Mary because He should have a foundation, who to call mum and dad of this earth.
Still yet he created Joseph and Mary.

Mary is blessed and no man born of flesh can say otherwise.

Stop buying bulletin and read your bible.

You are not a catholic....must you lie to win an argument. Pathetic!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by FECOSON: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=fijiano202]Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response

why do people claim to have known everything in the bible? U said Jesus is not God, have u ever read Isaiah 9:6 where he was called Mighty God not only God but mighty on top. c.f.Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD,
Everlasting Father,Prince of Peace
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Awoofawo(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
grin

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
uchez2:

You are not a catholic....must you lie to win an argument. Pathetic!
don't mind the mumu
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
kullozone: wel i dnt knw d bible lyk u guys bt i tink sumtin is wrong here...i tink d attention has bn shifted frm God,Jesus nd d Holy Spirit nd placed on mary

Keyword: "wel I don't knw d bible lyk u guys..." So how come u "think" attention has been shifted? Via ur ignorance? Pls take a \_____
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by juanmiguel: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2013
Emusan:

@bolded-But what if the choice is wrong in the sight of God? because the will of Man can't prevail against the will of God.

now u c y its only left to God to jugde.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Sentempest(f): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Plz oh make una leave catholics and their doctrines alone, only God has the final say and remember to remove what is in ur eyes before u remove sm1 else. MARY IS NOT OUR GOD But a mother dat all mothers shud emulate, she is a role model and a queen. If all women out there wil learn 4rm her bet me this world wil be a beta place 2 be, like she is Humble,obedient,holy,virteous woman who stood by her son til death even when Simeon told her that a sword wil pierced her soul on the day of our Lord Jesus presentation.
As 4 worshiping? we dnt, ok wat abt ur pastor u worship like an angel, u only belif what he say concernin ur life, pay tithe and 80% pple are dying of hunger! Okoo ur pastor's wife nko whom u honor so much and cal upon her whenever u are in a cirtical situation. God open our spirtual eyes so we can know the truth cos only d truth can set us free and nt all dat cal me father,father wil go to heaven! Salvation is not free oo. Thks

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lisasonesis: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
If u said u are a Christian n u believe and confess that Jesus is not God. my advice to u, give ur heart to Christ. Get born again and receive ye d Holy Ghost otherwise u are not saved.
Except a man be born again he cannot access d mysteries of the kingdom of God. that's why some cannot understand d word of God but rather get it twisted.

A man without d holy ghost cannot preach d gospel of the lord Jesus no matter his efforts and all that.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ladiva49: thats y i tire for the op o. Wetin concern us concern bitter truth about mary# very funy topic i must say# op,run your race the way u want it,serve,worship or honour any human being or spirit you like and leave jugdement to God. We are al jus here making a big FOOL out of ourslfs, i wonder what an unbeliever or muslim wud think of seeing this tread# look at this foolish pple dey cant evn agree on one thing# hw dn are we sopose to win souls to God when we are divided....i attend a new generation church and derein av found the truth that has lead me to salvation,the truth that i believe would take me to the end of this race,if u found urs in a catholic church,fine serve God dre and LETS STOP EXPOSING OUR DIVISION TO THE PREYING EYES OF THOSE SEEKING OUR DOWNFALL AS CHRISTIANS in other words lets stp washn our dirty linen outside. We are al one body in christ! Am a proud christian

You are a HYPOCRITE dear
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
Wsdm:
That will be very fantastic of BBC who claimed that Jesus could be a Nigerian. Going by your assertion, God is a Nigerian then.

Try ur stand up comedy skills on stage, maybe u will become less useless.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Finestlex(m): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Judge not
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
Pastor Aji: Mary Mary Mary............... that's the core reason why I left the Catholic Church grin

And today u are "self proclaimed" pastor....doing business in the name of God. I just dey look u.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Finestlex(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sen.tempest:
Plz oh make una leave catholics and their doctrines alone, only God has the final say and remember to remove what is in ur eyes before u remove sm1 else. MARY IS NOT OUR GOD But a mother dat all mothers shud emulate, she is a role model and a queen. If all women out there wil learn 4rm her bet me this world wil be a beta place 2 be, like she is Humble,obedient,holy,virteous woman who stood by her son til death even when Simeon told her that a sword wil pierced her soul on the day of our Lord Jesus presentation.
As 4 worshiping? we dnt, ok wat abt ur pastor u worship like an angel, u only belif what he say concernin ur life, pay tithe and 80% pple are dying of hunger! Okoo ur pastor's wife nko whom u honor so much and cal upon her whenever u are in a cirtical situation. God open our spirtual eyes so we can know the truth cos only d truth can set us free and nt all dat cal me father,father wil go to heaven! Salvation is not free oo. Thks
the word "TRUTH" is what one believes... I like already..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Finestlex(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sen.tempest:
the word "TRUTH" is what one believes... I like you already..
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
Tracysophia: Y is it dat catholic bow down at a image of mary.

Na you women dey carry Mary matter for head....how many men have u had sex with Tracy? Can u be chosen to be Jesus's mother? NO! pls shut up and try and be 1% clean first.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
lisasonesis:

I am not against the Roman catholics but against some of their practices which the bible spoke against.
Bowing down to statues which the bible spoke about is not the only one u do

you guys seem to be ignorant of certain scripture. take for instance ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday practices.
any Roman catholic here knows that these days are not set aside to fast n pray but just not to eat meat.
On ur own have u tried to give attention as to what the bible says concerning such practice?
if u read Colossians 2:9 through d end u will understand what m saying
in Colossians 2:16 the bible says; LET NO MAN D4 JUDGE U IN MEAT, OR IN DRINK OR IN RESPECT OF AN HOLY DAY, OR OF THE NEW MOON OR OF D SABBATH DAYS
VS17 WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; BUT D BODY IS OF CHRIST
VS18 LET NO MAN BEGUILE U OF UR REWARD IN A VOLUNTARY HUMILITY N WASHIPPING OF ANGELS, INTRUDING INTO THOSE THINGS WHICH HE HATH NOT SEEN, VAINLY PUFFED UP BY HIS FLESHY MIND.
VS19. AND NOT HOLDING D HEAD FROM WHICH ALL D BODY BY JOINTS N BANDS....
you don't know what you're saying. Holy thursday is the Jesus was taken by jews. And nobody is judging by meat, just that meat is not allowed that day.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
PrettySpicey: It really scares me each time I read about these debates concerning the Blessed Virgin Mary because I think to myself: 'here they go again, another way to expose Mary, the Mother of Jesus, Our Lord and God to ridicule, insults and total disregard and dishonour'.
And indeed that is what happens.
It is truly sad and thoughtless of us as Christians to have such little regard for the Mother of Him who we call Lord, God and Saviour.
How do you guys do it? How do you feel doing it? How do you DARE speak so carelessly and thoughtlessly about the Virgin Mary without remembering She is the mother of your Lord and Master?
Have any of you wondered how Jesus feels about this disregard and insults upon His mother? Have you?
How many of you would dare insult GEJ's mother or Obama's mother or even your Pastor's and Church Leader's mothers? How many of you would do so? And continually bring them to ridicule?
And how much comprehension do you really have of God if you truly believe that God would allow His Mother to be so ridiculed and welcome it? And maybe thank you for it?
And again, you honour Prophets of old till tomorrow because you read that God honoured them first. But did you not read of how God honoured Mary - 'Hail, Full of Grace'. The word HAIL is used to salute Kings and Men of honour and valour.
And for those of you who think that God will share the same route He used in coming into this world with any other (saying Mary had other children), you have true no comprehension of who God is.
I want everyone of you to know that you are breaking Jesus' heart by dishonouring His Mother. But He understands because this is a battle set up by Satan.
Think and Think real hard. And if you love Jesus, even if you have no understanding about the place of Mary in our Salvific history, give Her respect because She is the Mother of Jesus, your Lord and God. Do it for him.
No one has yet asked you to pray the Rosary or even show any form of devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, but we as Catholics only ask and teach that She deserves honour and respect for Her role in the Mission of Salvation. A role She is still playing.
Next time you have something nasty to say about Mary, remember you are about to say something nasty about Jesus' Mother.
And if any of you will truly humble their hearts and ask God for enlightenment you might just learn a thing or two about Her.
Finally, no need for panics and fears and fights, trust me, Jesus is not in any way whatsoever threatened by the honour and love accorded to His Mother. He honoured Her first and honours Her above all else.

God bless u for this. They all ask their "sisters & brothers" in Christ to pray for them....they even bow and genoflate in front of their pastors, president, governors, traditional rulers....but gat the guts to judge catholics for honoring the mother of God. HYPOCRITES!

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
FarmTech: did any disciples of Christ "honored" Mary the way u people do? Did they prayed thru Mary, Stephen etc? A lot is wrong with the catholic doctrin.

And who made u judge? Why not mention how pastors are building estates abroad and buying private jets while their members are hungry and poor?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Are we still on this Matter.Abegi LET THOSE WHO HAVE EARS LET THEM HEAR...if you continue praying to Mary then you are trekking to Hell,If you pray by Saying God of Mary,Esther,Hannah or even Fijiano,am ok with that but worshipping Mary aint Good

Your Protestants finders like Luther king and others do honor Mary...so why are u carrying catholic matter on ur head like a weave?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Policeman Opens Car Door For Apostle Johnson Suleman, Nigerians React (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Gets His Own Customized Coke Bottle (see Photo) / Sinach Shares First Picture Of Her Baby To Celebrate Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.