Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52213 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Ground zero: Dear Pastor,let's stop talking with full ignorance and talk academics here with facts. The catholic church is over 300years older than the bible we all read today. The catholic church gave the world the book that is called the bible. It was at the last council of Cathage held in 418AD presided over St.Augustine that Pope Gregory signed these compilations of books into law and from thence henceforth,it became a Christain archive.

When Martin Luther King,the father of Penticostalism,a German,that formed The Lutherian Church,felt the holy spirit was upon him,he altered some versions and books in the complete bible. He argued mathematically(stupidly) that the Glory of God had departed from Israel as of the time he calculated with his miniature brains the books of Meccabees,Tobith etc was written. He sited the birth of Eckabod in the bible,that means the Glory of God had departed from Israel. The scripture said of God,My spirit shall Never depart from you,o Israel until the end of time. To cut this long story short,When Martin Luther King wanted to die,while on his dying bed,he made a remark that was in record ..OH,MY GOD,FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE MISLEAD MANY. These were men that twisted the word of the scripture to suite their life styles. They omitted the Purgatory aspect of the Bible and many other things. That is why when people especially some of these uninformed pastors and their ardent followers say things like The Catholics don't read the bible,I wonder their level of ignorance. Or when they say THESE ONE IS A CATHOLIC BILBLE. I laugh at such wave of ignorance. Both the bible your pastors use in the church and the one you put under your pillow are Catholic product. It was St.Jerome of the Catholic extraction that compiled the bible from Genesis unto Revelation and Guthenberg,the German Printer,printed the bible in his factory,a Catholic. So,I wonder,who is the greatest and who understands the bible better? The builder or the house built?

Many good number of these Protestant church's doesn't even know the origin of these things they read and call bible. It took the Mother church over 300years to compile,edit,proof read,harness,omit and suggest before we signed into law and today you can boost that St.Paul said this and Timothy and Revelation said these and that without even knowing who took sleepless nights to bring these together.

Finally,Jesus Christ is God. For the sake of clarity,God is not a Name. It's an office these Supreme beings occupy. That's the English word that many of us don't understand. When you say THE PRESIDENCY SAID....It's either Ruben Abati,Pius Anyim,Arch Namadi Sambo etc. that's the office they occupy.The Presidency. The God persons are enclaved in the word.. THE BLESSED TRINITY. THREE IN ONE GOD. A mystery that is beyond your comprehension. For instance,a man begets a man. A lion begets a lion. My names is not a man. My Dad begot me. My Dad is a man and begot me,a man. My own name is Nonso. God begets a God. His name is Jesus. The personality they assume is called God just as the personality we assume is called humans. Ok now,more clearly put,am an Igbo man. The word,God, in my dialect spells CHINEKE. It means The CREATOR. Did Jesus not creat together with God the Father? He did...let's creat man in our image after our own likeness. The scripture all said of Christ THERE WAS NOTHING CREATED THAT WAS NOT CREATED THROUGH HIM. If through him all things were created,then he is a creator in it's entirety and hence,CHINEKE comes to pre-intimacy. I don't know your local names you call God. You can go through it and see.

So,the word God,doesnt mean a name. It's just an office they occupy and Christ and the holy Spirit occupy these office. However,there are three distinctive aspect to their personalities. God the Father is the greatest. God the Son(Jesus) is co-eternal with the Father,co-Majesty with the Father but not Co-equal with the Father. That's the simple analogy. That's why we call the former,Father and the later,Son. It means you can Majestically worship Christ because He is God..Co-Majesty. They are co-eternal because Christ will live forever as God...Co-eternal but they are not Co-equal because one is Father and the other Son.

I rest my case.

you have succeeded in making no point

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by haffaze: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=Mftivi][/quote]

very confussing
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lisasonesis: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
JENMAUCY: Dear fijiano,I dnt think there is need calling names here,you can believe or leave it because you are entitle to your own opinion...but the truth still remains that virgin mary is blessed,as the op said,go to luke 1:27_28,here the angel told her that she is favoured and blessed among women,remember its a message from God,and I know that the angel deliver the message the way the sender ask him to. Let's go futher to verse 40-42,elizabeth stil cal her blessed,because of what she felt immediately she step into her home,it doesn't mean that the angel or elizabeth is worshiping her rather they apreciate what she accepted to do...or did you forget that heaven and earth await her answer after the angel have delivered the message? Yes heaven waits to hear her answer and in verse 38 she said behold am the handmaid of the Lord be it done to me according to thy word...do you know what it means? Even the angel can't leave without hearing her opinion on the message..then in verse 43 ,elizabeth asked her who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? My dear friends the angel $ elizabeth greeting makes up the hail mary you people hear today...hail mary full of grace the Lord is with you(angel..luk 1:28 )...blessed aree you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (elizabeth luk 1:42 ) then the catholic church taking a look @ what happened at canna in that wedding feast,the role mary played in that miracle that takes place there decides to ask for her intercession not praying to hher! If she can intercede when she is not asked ,what did you think will hapen when she is asked to? She talked to her son and he oblige her on earth even when he is not ready to perform..or do you think Jesus is not aware that the drink has finished? That is where holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and till the hour of our death....

The bible has made it clear to us that the Holy spirit is our intercessor and not Mary. Don't be ignorant of the scripture.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
haffaze: one worship son d oda worship mother,na only joseph i pity wey no see someone wey go worship him
smh. Lyk we don't pray for st. Joseph. We pray for him mumu not worship. U can google a prayer to St. Joseph
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi:
allow the truth to invade your heart don't beat about the bush. its obvious that worship includes praying to a being
chai. U didn't answer my question. Shebi ur mum nah higher being. Hypocrite i hear you!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi:
if you have ever prayed hail mary pray for we sinners you have worshipped mary.
ahaa!! Angel Gabriel and Elizabeth have sinned fa! No1 blasphemy

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by haffaze: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: smh. Lyk we don't pray for st. Joseph. We pray for him mumu not worship. U can google a prayer to St. Joseph

e pain u?wu mumu pass between us?omo ode
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lisasonesis: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nso-nso:
@ fijiano202
Pls dear where is it written in d bible dat u are greater than d angels?

And where is it written that angels are greater than humans?
We are greater than angels make no mistakes about cos the bible lets us know that we are not made in the image of angels but in the image of God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: ahaa!! Angel Gabriel and Elizabeth have sinned fa! No1 blasphemy
a religious spirit builds a defensive system and deprives the possessed ability to understand as in to take in a message and digest the contents with open mind. dd the Angel and Elizabeth say pray for we sinners intercede for us..... you are not a fool are you?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: chai. U didn't answer my question. Shebi ur mum nah higher being. Hypocrite i hear you!
your question has no meaning u quoted the definition if worship and it turned out you are worshiping Mary from the definition you Gabe and the man threw your flaw at your face justify that then you can ask your question the. I will answer you. don't dogde it justify that you pray to Mary which is a form of worship according to the definition you gave which you extracted from Oxford dictionary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by lisasonesis: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot:
Don't mind him. Angels that stands in GOD'S presence, they are holy, but we are sinners. Only Jesus Christ can wipe away the sins of Men, so that we(men) can see GOD.

wait a minute this ur statement seem to me like u are waiting for Jesus to come and wipe away d sins of men d second time.
Don't u get it? Jesus had come, He had taken away d sins of men. y are u still a sinner? didn't u believe His mission was successful.

It is One thing to believe d word of God and another thing to make d word work for u.
If u believed what Jesus has done and have accepted it my question is, why do u still answer a sinner?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
lisasonesis:

wait a minute this ur statement seem to me like u are waiting for Jesus to come and wipe away d sins of men d second time.
Don't u get it? Jesus had come, He had taken away d sins of men. y are u still a sinner? didn't u believe His mission was successful.

It is One thing to believe d word of God and another thing to make d word work for u.
If u believed what Jesus has done and have accepted it my question is, why do u still answer a sinner?
so many don't fully understand the wonders the death and resurrection of Jesus did
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
haffaze:

e pain u?wu mumu pass between us?omo ode
lemme be ode pikin. Thanks fa!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi: a religious spirit builds a defensive system and deprives the possessed ability to understand as in to take in a message and digest the contents with open mind. dd the Angel and Elizabeth say pray for we sinners intercede for us..... you are not a fool are you?
then if truly u are going to make heaven. U need to stop telling ur pastors, relative, brother etc to pray for you. HYPOCRITE oshi!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi:
[s]your question has no meaning u quoted the definition if worship and it turned out you are worshiping Mary from the definition you Gabe and the man threw your flaw at your face justify that then you can ask your question the. I will answer you. don't dogde it justify that you pray to Mary which is a form of worship according to the definition you gave which you extracted from Oxford dictionary[/s]
gibberish bull-poo. Before u judge someone, u nid to ask for an explanation. It's obvious that u pentecostals doesn't have another fact to bash catholics and u're now forming the word worship . It's one of ur judgement on the last day bro!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: then if truly u are going to make heaven. U need to stop telling ur pastors, relative, brother etc to pray for you. HYPOCRITE oshi!
and when they pray form they say in the name of Jesus. you are not a fool are you? I don't be at hone and bow my head or go in my knees and say oh bro ebuka so righteous pray for me sinner. guy quit already you are making no sense. is this the poo you will tell God when you meet him ?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: gibberish bull-poo. Before u judge someone, u nid to ask for an explanation. It's obvious that u pentecostals doesn't have another fact to bash catholics and u're now forming the word worship . It's one of ur judgement on the last day bro!
Guy i don define Honour and Worship for all catholies,thats why ur mates are gentle and on the downlow,what Catholies does is purely worshipping Mary,u dont have to get aggresive over that cos ur Mary fit vex ooo,I know my God Jah Jehovah and his Son Jesus and they also know me, am ok with that ok
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: gibberish bull-poo. Before u judge someone, u nid to ask for an explanation. It's obvious that u pentecostals doesn't have another fact to bash catholics and u're now forming the word worship . It's one of ur judgement on the last day bro!
to think that am on a level of religious contention with you is a fatal drop of poo! am interested in passing the message to you and I care the shit not about where you worship. when my leaders err I don't support them I research the word to balance things and stand firm they can't give me trash and I wont know and they don't gimme trash cos am still with em. I go to church because God said despise not the fellowship of brethren not because its where i get the keys to the doors of heaven. My church and pastor is not the saviour neither is yours. Jesus and knowing the word of God is.
if you don't pray to Mary and say intercede for me or bow to her image you won't go to Hellfire cos God didn't say so and there is no argument in that. but there are arguments in what you be doing in the name of honoring Mary even from the Bible. choose wisely
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by elimaxwel(m): 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please all those that call them selfs Catholics should read the Bible careful they should all read carefully word to words Exodus 20 vs 1-7 and. tell me where it is written in the Bible honor Mary and not worship her God has warned against the ductring of men.. remember that God gets jealous when you bow!!! before images we are so blinded b Satan that we don't even no we are offending our Creator God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Alphafrank: 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
my bros ,i throway salute give u,whoa,.....u talk wel....kudos
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: shut up,God didnt tell mary that,mary Sang that,that was a song by Mary

Before showing & throwing ur stupidity around, try seperating ur ignorant from it. Both in one person is a disaster.

Get the knowledge of the bible first

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
kamura: Pls, lets not be misguided. .

What happened in Luke 1, was the fact that Mary was use as vessel of honor. .

Lets not attached ourselve so much with the birth of Christ.

Christ death, has more significant in our life more than his birth.

The good news, is when he died, the veil of the temple tore from top to bottom. . giving us access to God. .
Mt 27:51, Mrk15:38

Christ left us the helper, our advocate, intercessor. .
Jn 16:7, jn14:16-26

He, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us here on earth, and Jesus intercedes for us as He is seated by the right hand side of God Almighty.

Pls, leave Mary alone.. .

She is not immortal. . a spirit or whatsoever. .

If you make yourself available for God, by living a righteouse life, God wld use u, just like He used Mary. .

Thanks. . i pray that the spirit of knowledge and understanding come upon you call

Its obvious u are learning ur bible from these self ordained "Pastors".
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sal C: You can keep away the insult and make your point.

If she sang it and so?

All the places where Paul clearly state his teaching is his personal view and not an instruction from God, have you tore them out from your bible? Don't you use them for teaching today?

It's only when it has to do with Mary that you guys begin to be strict with God's actual words right?

All generation will call her blessed and that's exactly what I do.

Don't mind them. They think we are competing with their business(churches).
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
Mftivi: and when they pray form they say in the name of Jesus. you are not a fool are you? I don't be at hone and bow my head or go in my knees and say oh bro ebuka so righteous pray for me sinner. guy quit already you are making no sense. is this the poo you will tell God when you meet him ?
dude u ain't making sense. So daft! And what does Mary do? U're so incompetent. We ask her to pray for us. And she prays to God almighty. Stick it to ur brain!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: thank you for the Words of Wisdom,thats what have been trying to say..Since the death of christ we have seen seen great and holy Women.Jesus Christ death gave us life not marys death,Pls Catholics believe in God thru Jesus Christ Alone,Only Him can Save,stop worshipping Mary

Word of wisdom? This shows the level of ur own wisdom. Lord have mercy!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Guy i don define Honour and Worship for all catholies,thats why ur mates are gentle and on the downlow,what Catholies does is purely worshipping Mary,u dont have to get aggresive over that cos ur Mary fit vex ooo,I know my God Jah Jehovah and his Son Jesus and they also know me, am ok with that ok
unreasonable pathetic write-up. Ain't it? I also know my God that created, Son that died for my sin, holy spirit that fills me with strenght. And Mary that helps me to pray wen i'm also praying to my God.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by uchez2(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Read and understand,i didnt question or fault the choice of Mary,as he said he wants him to come as our flesh and blood so he had to be born by a Woman,Now my question to you is Why was Mary chosen? cos we know shes not the only virgin and God looking Woman at that moment

Go about the parents and birth of Virgin Mary Mother of God, St Joachim and St Anne....u will see that she is not just like every other virgin then. She herself was conceived without sin. Do u even know this? Your ignorant is BLISS!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by try69: 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Guy i don define Honour and Worship for all catholies,thats why ur mates are gentle and on the downlow,what Catholies does is purely worshipping Mary,u dont have to get aggresive over that cos ur Mary fit vex ooo,I know my God Jah Jehovah and his Son Jesus and they also know me, am ok with that ok

What can you deduce from this bible verse

Revelation 3:9
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the Synagogue of Satan, which call themselves Jews, and are not, but do lie: behold, I say, I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet, and shall know that I have loved thee.

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
9 Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: dude u ain't making sense. So daft! And what does Mary do? U're so incompetent. We ask her to pray for us. And she prays to God almighty. Stick it to ur brain!
I said earlier that religious spirit messes with ones ability to understand. mr man the point here is that praying to sb is a form of worship according to Oxford dictionary and If
i ask brethren to pray for me (not that its even my thing but decided to come down to your level and continue *in Christianity prayer is a duty and a ministry you out ought to pray for your brethren. talk about praying in tongues nd its benefits*) that's by the way. I don't Kneel down at home and say brethren pray for me brethren most righteous pray for me. and when I meet them and say bro help me in prayers they will pray in Jesus name. But oh boy u pray direct to Mary and ask her to beg God you telling God that sending his son to be the way is not enough? when someone is not physically with you and is not communicating in real time its through prayers that you communicate to them even though they won't hear you. Mr man you worship idle. you have assumed Mary to be a deity and she can hear your prayers when you know she can't. you are attributing the omnipresent characteristics to her. don't let these words of mine be a judge onto you at last you can't justify this bro run for your life oo no look uche face your Bible no tell you that one bro may God help you.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by POPEII: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
serena433: we should be careful what we do come here and write catholic church is what we all came and met peter was the 1st pope is just long history talking about the blessed virgin mary I kw much was not written about her in the bible but when Jesus died she continue to work with the apostles dey all wrote how dey preach killed and the rest mary has her own details 2 when she died her tomb was filled with flower she also appeared 2 the 3 children of fatima lucy, francisco, and Jecita that's how the rosary came about back den people gets vision jesus appear 2 many unlike now many claim 2 visit hell return 2 give us crab enough said jare like John said he who have ears let him hear...i rest my case!

Mary didn't die
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Mftivi: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
try69:

What can you deduce from this bible verse

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 Behold, I will make them of the Synagogue of Satan, which call themselves Jews, and are not, but do lie: behold, I say, I will make them that they shall come and worship before thy feet, and shall know that I have loved thee.

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
9 Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
9 Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you.

what does the above mean?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Deglo514(f): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
Emusan:

Just a question pls
What will happen to those who didn't honour Mary?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

Policeman Opens Car Door For Apostle Johnson Suleman, Nigerians React (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Gets His Own Customized Coke Bottle (see Photo) / Sinach Shares First Picture Of Her Baby To Celebrate Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.