Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,191 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response (1415 Views)

President Jonathan's Response After Card Reader Failure / Jonathan's Response Shallow, Disappointing - Northern Elders / Iyabo Obasanjo Keeps Mum On Controversial Letter To Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by bcomputer101: 1:27am On Dec 15, 2013
The National Assembly has said President Goodluck
Jonathan must “comprehensively” address issues raised
by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in his letter to
him (the President).
The two chambers said this on Friday in their separate
reactions to the controversial letter written by Obasanjo
to Jonathan.
But while there are indications that the House of
Representatives would, this week, raise a motion on the
letter, the Senate stated that it would wait for Jonathan’s
response before taking any action.
Obasanjo had in the 18-page letter accused Jonathan of
condoning corruption and engaging in acts that were
capable of destroying the country.
The Chairman, Senate Committee on Rules and
Business, Senator Ita Enang, in an interview with one of
our correspondents on Friday in Abuja, said Jonathan
should address the issues raised by Obasanjo in the
letter in due time to avoid tension.
He said, “The letter by Obasanjo touches on national
security and all the issues raised therein cannot be
ignored. President Jonathan has a duty of taking the
issues raised in the letter, one after the other and
explaining his side of the story to Nigerians”
Enang was of the view that the legislature cannot take
action on the letter until an appropriate response from
the Presidency had been made.
He said, “As it is, no legislative action can be taken
unless the issue had been raised as a motion after
appropriate responses had been made by the
presidency in reaction to the allegation.”
Also, the Minority Whip, who is also a prominent leader
of the opposition in the Senate, Senator Ganiyu
Solomon, admitted that the issues raised by Obasanjo
were capable of heating up the polity and causing
serious tension.
He said, “All issues raised are very sensitive and
germane. The Presidency cannot just dismiss the letter
just like that. They should give full explanation. It is not a
beer parlour talk.
“Asking us to investigate it at the National Assembly
level may not achieve the desired result. Any
responsible government owes the citizenry the
responsibility of letting the world know the true position
of things.
“The sensitive issues raised by Obasanjo are enough to
make us to shiver as a nation. A situation when a former
President for eight years is saying the symbol of the
ruling party has performed woefully called for a serious
action.”
On their part, members of the House of Representatives
said it would serve Jonathan’s interest and the interest
of the nation for him to respond “urgently” to the
allegations of Obasanjo.
The lawmakers said silence on the allegations would be
“dangerous” and that delay could “give political forces
the opportunity to heat up the polity.”
Speaking on the issue, the Chairman, House Committee
on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Zakari Mohammed,
said the House was vindicated by Obasanjo’s letter.
He said since June 2011, the House had always fought
corruption, cautioned the executive, demanded details
of budget implementation, but made little progress.
Mohammed said, “These are very serious, dangerous
allegations and we should not look at the messenger but
the message.”
On whether the House would conduct a probe
specifically into the content of the letter, Mohammed
stated that the House would continue to perform its
duty of exposing corruption.
“It is not just about the letter, but we will continue to
conduct investigations; we have a job to do and we will
continue to do it,” he added.
Commenting in a similar vein, the Minority Leader of the
House, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, told SUNDAY PUNCH
that “Jonathan must respond to the weighty allegations.”
According to him, some of the allegations “are almost
satanic” and did not fall in the category of issues the
ruling PDP usually wished away as “PDP family affairs.”
Gbajabiamila, who is the caucus leader of the All
Progressives Congress at the House, noted that the
allegations on security training and placing some people
on security watch list were “grave and must not be
wished away.”
He stated that members were still studying the letter
and would likely raise motions on the floor next week.
“There are aspects of these allegations having to do with
national security.
“In the coming week, members may want to ask more
questions on these security allegations, like placing
people on a watch list,” he added.
Copyright PUNCH.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/controversial-letter-nassembly-demands-jonathans-response
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by braine(m): 1:38am On Dec 15, 2013
Good. Let him respond first.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 15, 2013
Jonathan don enter one chance o! All I see is war, war, war, and more wars........

Nigeria is about to cease to exist.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by bcomputer101: 1:48am On Dec 15, 2013
sincerenigerian: Jonathan don enter one chance o! All I see is war, war, war, and more wars........

Nigeria is about to cease to exist.

To whom brain is given,
Sense is needed...
Why are you advertising your ignorance here?

I pity the way you reasons at times!
Na because of people like you i still clamour for human sacrifice.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 15, 2013
bcomputer101:

To whom brain is given,
Sense is needed...

Na because of people like yon are reasons I still clamour for human sacrifice.

Go and die, f00l!

1 Like

Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by joromi: 2:47am On Dec 15, 2013
I'm also waiting for his response.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by AYunusa: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2013
He should quickly respond to the letter to save himself and the Nation at large.why must he be silent.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by CircleOfWilis: 8:00am On Dec 15, 2013
the one tin about a letter written to an individual is that the person decides when to reply, i see the national assembly waiting forever for papa peace reply.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by skyfall: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Impeach him already

1 Like

Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 15, 2013
bcomputer101:

To whom brain is given,
Sense is needed...

Na because of people like you i still clamour for human sacrifice.
Why are Yorubas and housas afraid of Nigerias disintegration?
Does it mean they are the true parasites in Nigeria?

I believe that time will tell.
The truth of the matter is that Nigeria is never one and can never be. There is no repect for each other, no regard for someone who is not of your ethnicity. Look at a yoruba person calling an Igbo man third class citizen. I have also observed that Nigeria can not survive without the Igbos.

If that Yorubas can survive without Igbos i chaleng them to declare Oduduwa republic, i chaleng them to support disintegration of Nigeria as the evil and ilegal amalgamation of Nigeria expires 31/!2/2013..

However, as Biafrans leaves Nigeria, the Oduduwas are free to remain with their pay masters the Hausa fulanis.
Don't get me wrong for you will see it happen soon.

God bless us, the land of the rissing sun, long live Oduduwa and biafra republic

1 Like

Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2013
It would serve Jonathan to respond to these allegation as a Nigerian President and not an Ijaw and Ibo President like some Ijaw associations and APGA have been singing lately..
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by gramci: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2013
we de laugh
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by omenka(m): 9:31am On Dec 15, 2013
They should impeach him already!!! Let him give his response in court or jail!
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by JulianBond007: 10:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Impeach the slowpoke joor! Why the noise when they know what they're supposed to do. Toothless bulldogs! angry
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by simpleseyi: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2013
emmydeep:
Why are Yorubas and housas afraid of Nigerias disintegration?
Does it mean they are the true parasites in Nigeria?

I believe that time will tell.
The truth of the matter is that Nigeria is never one and can never be. There is no repect for each other, no regard for someone who is not of your ethnicity. Look at a yoruba person calling an Igbo man third class citizen. I have also observed that Nigeria can not survive without the Igbos.

If that Yorubas can survive without Igbos i chaleng them to declare Oduduwa republic, i chaleng them to support disintegration of Nigeria as the evil and ilegal amalgamation of Nigeria expires 31/!2/2013..

However, as Biafrans leaves Nigeria, the Oduduwas are free to remain with their pay masters the Hausa fulanis.
Don't get me wrong for you will see it happen soon.

God bless us, the land of the rissing sun, long live Oduduwa and biafra republic

You call Yorubas parasites, you call Hausas parasites, you call Fulanis parasites, you call Kanuris parasites. You are the only tribe that is Saint. The same way Jews say only 12 people from each of the 12 tribes of Isreal will be in heaven singing for their Jewish god. If you are bold enough, declare Biafra Republic as an independent republic first by bombing the old Niger bridge and see us give you the 1967 to 1970 treatment. We shall wipe you Nigerian Jews off our map and I am sure the racist Isrealites will never accept you fools. Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jereboy Oseni, IBB and other gallant soldiers are still alive to humuliate, destroy and maim your generations unborn, Awolowo is no more alive to beg for you. We shall destroy you and make sure your kids never grow.

Tell your useless president to respond to the letter before we drag him back to the creeks.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 15, 2013
simpleseyi:

You call Yorubas parasites, you call Hausas parasites, you call Fulanis parasites, you call Kanuris parasites. You are the only tribe that is Saint. The same way Jews say only 12 people from each of the 12 tribes of Isreal will be in heaven singing for their Jewish god. If you are bold enough, declare Biafra Republic as an independent republic first by bombing the old Niger bridge and see us give you the 1967 to 1970 treatment. We shall wipe you Nigerian Jews off our map and I am sure the racist Isrealites will never accept you fools. Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Jereboy Oseni, IBB and other gallant soldiers are still alive to humuliate, destroy and maim your generations unborn, Awolowo is no more alive to beg for you. We shall destroy you and make sure your kids never grow.

Tell your useless president to respond to the letter before we drag him back to the creeks.

Shut up your dirty mouth you think we are still in 1967
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by OsunOriginal: 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
He should respond or face impeachment. Those allegations if true are impeachable offences and can be seen as a coup against the country.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by agbameta: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2013
His first response though stupid as usual was at least better than nearly all his foolish and unwise comebacks.

Telling his gutter mouth bingos to STFU and not respond was a wise decision since this issue is above their bingo pay grade. The fool saw where the wind blew from and where it's heading.
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by CircleOfWilis: 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
agbameta: His first response though stupid as usual was at least better than nearly all his foolish and unwise comebacks.

Telling his gutter mouth bingos to STFU and not respond was a wise decision since this issue is above their bingo pay grade. The fool saw where the wind blew from and where it's heading.
God bless u!
#one najeria
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by naijapunters(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
GOD knows why he bless the SS with oil......OBJ knows why he place GEJ as vice to yar'dua....and NIGERIA knows why GEJ was voted into power after yar'dua's death because by now if those things didn't happened that way.......sorry by now Nigeria will be History
Re: Controversial Letter: N’assembly Demands Jonathan’s Response by jamace(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
omenka: They should impeach him already!!! Let him give his response in court or jail!
grin grin It is Obj who will prove his allegations from prison. cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Defection: Misadventure Of 37 Federal Legislators. / APC Behaving Like A Bull In China's Shop - Fasehun / General Asks Jonathan To Sack North-east Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.