Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant (42162 Views)

7 Reasons Your Period Might Just Be Running Late And You Are Not Pregnant Read / I Havnt Seen My Period For 3 Mnths & Im Not Pregnant,what Is Happening? / Can A Girl Who Is Not Pregnant Produce Breast Milk By Constant Sucking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
udysweet: Hav dat issue too, I had an abortion in 2003. Wen I askd a doctor he said it cld be a condition called "non lactational galactorheal" u can google. I jus hvnt had tim to go see a doctor again for examination jare.

glad u own up.
the condition is called galactorrhea and it can be cause by many things such as infection, medications, rarely abortion, most commonly by hormonal imbalance. see ur doctor again for evaluation then he will recommend the right test to do based on the history u gave him and physical examination!

2 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by doopsy(f): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
I don't think its for girls who ve done abortions,I was told I sucked my grandmas dried boobs when I was a baby and a lil milk came out,I also tried that with my stubborn niece when she was nine months,her mom was away for the night ,and she cried all night long ,I was so frustrated ,I had to breast feed her,I was just 20,she quietened down ,and I felt some subtance trying to come out...I think its a woman thingy,that was just once though..
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Olugbenger(m): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
sad
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2013
why cant some people speak freely without religious fear instilled in them?
They always preach about heaven yet No saint emerged from there.
I think hypocrisy is the problem.
Which is considered bad of these two
Aborting a baby in the foetal nature and carrying on with life.
Giving birth to a baby you are not prepared for thereby shattering your future advancements and maybe when the kid grows up,you send him into the streets to hawk shiits..courtesy of a failed economy
In the second case,two people are ruined but in the first case,its a win_win

4 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
saint kash: Ask her to tell u the truth, when was the last time she had an abortion? That will explain d secretion
i was just about to say the same thing

1 Like

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Caracta(f): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ezegozie: Abortion=murder

Don't soil your hands in it

Who died and made you Jesus? Now that she has had an abortion, what next? You want to un-abort the baby? Or you want to keep flogging the lady? Like Jesus said, "Let He who is without sin be the first to cast a stone."

Your holier-than-thou attitude stinks to the high heavens. Who made you the judge and jury over this case? Pls leave the lady alone.

8 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Missmossy(f): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2013
Its not so good,criticising people when you know little or nothing about them. People are entitled to do what they feel is right.

1 Like

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Caracta:

Who died and made you Jesus? Now that she has had an abortion, what next? You want to un-abort the baby? Or you want to keep flogging the lady? Like Jesus said, "Let He who is without sin be the first to cast a stone."

Your holier-than-thou attitude stinks to the high heavens. Who made you the judge and jury over this case? Pls leave the lady alone.
I love you

1 Like

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by oyinbogirl(f): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ezegozie:

how much did he charge you?

How much did who charge me??
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by syndrum(m): 1:38pm On Dec 15, 2013
instead of me thinking of how i wud pop out the question.''i have u ever aborted our baby before without me knowing about it'?……you guy re making me laaaf the anger out of me。。。。
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by ennon92(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ezegozie: i am not surprise, because an armed robber will neva like armed robbery to be regarded as a crime.

So is somebody dat abort babies or give his girlfriend money to abort babies.

Ofcus when you say things about abortion dey will hate you and utter arrant nonsense.

But all i want to say is this, to everybaby you abort or support somebody to abort or even advise somebody to abort.

you shall answer for them
what a myopic statement from a myopic being....ur opinion is based on biblical account but who re u to judge? Nobody is perfect,unwanted pregnancy can surface as a result of unprotected sex; don't u think the deed as been done already?...isn't it better to abort than to give birth to an innocent baby that u'll later make his/her life look miserable simply by not giving proper care? For ur info, abortion is legal in some part of d world. Though not encouraging it.

NB: Try using soft words in letting out ur grievances; don't be silly man
#SECRETE!

2 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Caracta(f): 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
chris_villa:
I love you

kiss
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Teespice(f): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Certified Freak:

Tha sanctimonious attitude stinks to high heavens... If sharing an experience is gonna make for better understanding I don't see why you have to condemn such. Glean what you will from the update and move on. Judgmental people like you are often the ones with very questionable morals.

GBAM!!!
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Teespice(f): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
OP,

The fluid coming out of your girl's bosoms could be as a result of infection. Its not necessarily because she had an abortion. She should see a physician.

1 Like

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Caracta(f): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
I blame the Nigerian educational system. There are different reasons for abortion, even for married couples. But some people are quick to judge. That's why many people die in silence and will never share their past experience.

@topic, ask the girl in question. There's a possibility she has a baby or had an abortion recently or it could be an infection.
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by jaybee3(m): 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
@ezegozie
Please this is not the religion section.

We absolutely do not condone attacking posters because they have different views to yours.

You have been warned

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Waspy(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2013
Op, it might be hormonal and not neccessarily an abortion. With an adequate level of Prolactin in the blood, even a male bre.ast can secrete something. Study more bro. Ciao. BTW...I love bre.asts and any thread containing it cool and again, i once had this beautiful chick that has few strands of hair around her nippl.es. Hope she is not an Ogbanje undecided
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by ignis: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ezegozie:

i preach to everyperson

When i was in yr2 and we went for my field trip, i even preached to a harlot in the hotel we lodged,
though i ended up recieving two dangerous slaps from her which made me miss one day in the field
OBOY, you get mind ooooo.
You will still go to Borno and preach to boko harams...

1 Like

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Ezegozie(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abortion = Murder
There is no amount of words that will justify the fact that abortion is bad.

If you mistakenly get pregnant, bear the child because you dont know what he or she will become in future.

I gues, you are afraid of being called a father or mother, thats why you even dream of wasting the life of an innocent child who you cant even tell his future.
Always remember this quotation

NONE OF YOUR AMBITION IS WORTH A MAN'S BLOOD

YOUR STUPID REASON OF ABORTION CAN NEVA MAKE ABORTION GOOD because IF YOU WERE ABORTED, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BORN. Get it or leave it.

Though i apologise for using vulgar words anyway

6 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Caracta(f): 6:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
^ ^ ^

Now that she has had an abortion, what next? Suicide? Or do you have a cleansing blood in your system? Do you want a PM from her? What exactly is your point? I do not support abortion. I have never been in support of it. But this particular one has been done already. Thanks for the sermon. Apology accepted cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
She should see a doctor ASAP!
op, pls, don't joke with this issue, she has to go for a breast examination! cool

1 Like

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Ezegozie(m): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
Caracta: ^ ^ ^

Now that she has had an abortion, what next? Suicide? Or do you have a cleansing blood in your system? Do you want a PM from her? What exactly is your point? I do not support abortion. I have never been in support of it. But this particular one has been done already. Thanks for the sermon.
Apology accepted cheesy

Thanks darling.
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by lertee(f): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
syndrum: there is something that always scare me atimes in my gf's breast...i have always wonder why! atimes are breast secrets the fluid that is meant to be secreted after child's birth. she's not even pregnant not to talk of nursing a baby, please tell me why or i hope there's no risk dr ooo ?
I can' be brief with this but this is what i got.
Galactorrhea is a discharge of milk-like substance from the breast that is not associated with breastfeeding after pregnancy. This condition mainly occurs in women. It does occur in men, but much less commonly. The milky white discharge can come from one or both breasts, and the breast may leak fluid with or without stimulation.

Causes  
Galactorrhea has many causes, though sometimes the cause is unknown. Tumors of the pituitary gland, called pituitary adenomas or prolactinomas, can cause galactorrhea. The pituitary is a small gland attached to the brain. Pituitary tumors are usually not cancerous. They can cause galactorrhea when they produce excess prolactin, a hormone that stimulates milk production.

Other causes of galactorrhea include:

Hormonal imbalance
Some medications, such as:
Stopping or starting to take birth control pills or other hormones
Certain blood pressure drugs
Certain psychiatric medications
Anti-nausea drugs
Some antigastroesophageal reflux medications
Some pain killers
Certain herbs, such as :
Nettle
Fennel
Blessed thistle
Anise
Fenugreek seed
Illicit drugs, such as marijuana and opioids
Sexual stimulation of the breast
Certain diseases, such as underactive or overactive thyroid, and chronic kidney failure, or liver disease
Chronic emotional stress
Hypothalamic tumors or disease
Chest wall conditions, such as:
Shingles
Trauma
Burns
Surgical scars
Tumors of chest wall
In newborns, high levels of circulating estrogen may result in enlarged breast tissue and secretion of milkRisk Factors  

3 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by lertee(f): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
Galactorrhea is more common in women. Other factors that may increase your chance of galactorrhea include:

Stress
Wearing clothing that irritates the nipple
Frequent breast self-exam or frequent breast stimulation
Symptoms  
The primary symptom is a milky discharge from the nipple that is not associated with breast-feeding. The discharge can come from one or both breasts. Other symptoms that can occur along with the discharge include:

Abnormal or absent menstruation
Heat or cold intolerance
Disordered appetite, increase or decrease in weight
Increased thirst or urination
Loss of sex drive
Bloody or foul-smelling discharge
Headaches
Acne or abnormal hair growth
Visual difficulties
Impotence in men
Diagnosis  
The doctor will ask about your symptoms and medical history. A physical exam will be done. Tests may include:

A sample of the breast discharge to look at under a microscope
Blood tests to check hormone levels
Pregnancy test
Imaging tests to check for a pituitary gland tumor in the brain:
MRI
CT scan
If the discharge is not milky or contains blood, then this is not galactorrhea. Other tests must be done to check for breast cancer or other disorders.

Treatment  
Treatment depends on the cause. In some mild cases, no medical treatment is necessary, and the condition will go away on its own. In these cases, breast binders that prevent stimulation of the nipples may be effective. If medications are identified as the potential cause, safe alternatives should be sought.

If an underlying cause for galactorrhea, such as a pituitary tumor, is found, this condition may be treated.

Tumors of the pituitary gland that cause galactorrhea are usually benign. Small tumors may be treated with a medication, such as a dopamine agonist. Larger tumors that do not respond to medication may be treated with the following:

Surgery to remove the tumor and nearby tissues
Radiation therapy to shrink tumors
Despite treatment, pituitary gland tumors often recur.

Prevention  
To reduce your risk of galactorrhea, take these steps:

Avoid wearing clothing that irritates the breast.
Avoid frequent breast self-exam; usually once a month is enough.
Avoid excessive sexual stimulation of the breasts.
Do not use illicit drugs.

http://pediatrics.med.nyu.edu/conditions-we-treat/conditions/galactorrhea

3 Likes

Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2013
claps
Tho I didnt read it
Re: Her Bosom Secretes Milk But She's Not Pregnant by Ezegozie(m): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
chris_villa: claps
Tho I didnt read it

can a man born of a woman actually be patient enough to read all these things?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

how can one make k-leg to straight leg / Woman Who Tested Negative For COVID-19 Fails HIV/AIDS And Hepatitis Test / Ebola Scare: Policeman Flees After Mistaking Eboka For Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.