Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

“My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi (1395 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / How Prophet TB Joshua Prophesied the Emergence and Victory of APC (Video) / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
By Victor Ezeama on December 15, 2013

Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi has
disclosed that he had been forewarned about the travails his administration is currently facing.
Governor Amechi made this known while speaking at the Night of Glory Praise and Worship Session, held at the Alfred-Diette
Spiff Civic Centre Complex, Port Harcourt. He recalled the travails and persecution he has suffered with his wife all through his political life and affirmed that God had assured his family that he would lead his government into 2015 when his tenure will elapse.
Amaechi further explained that several
revelations from men of God had it that, nearly all his supporters would abandon him, a situation that will suggest that God has left him. He however remained optimistic, asserting that, at the end, he would triumph over his opponents.

“If you recall my political history, beginning from the time I was Speaker of the House till date, it
has not been easy with us. We have always confronted God in prayers. History has it that,
we are the only couple that became Governor without election and God has assured us that he will lead us up to 2015.
“I am neither a prophet nor a pastor, I am just a child of God and very soon, I will go back to God in prayers and surrender myself to God”, Amaechi explained.
“I thank God that we are all here. There are so many actions that I have taken that I could not account for, and a man of God had told me that a period like this will come, when nearly all my supporters will leave me behind and that it will be so tough, looking as if God has deserted me, but at the end of the day, we shall triumph.
“It didn’t quite make sense to me as Governor, until when the battle started, it now occurred to me that a man of God had prophesied to me earlier”, Amaechi said.

He however assured his supporters not to be
deterred by unfolding events, adding that his position has been ordained by God, and he will remain in office till the end of his tenure.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by lomprico(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
God! God! God! God! All this calling of God and he is looting billions (which he agreed to by the way) and pastors n prophets r praying for him! (because they get bits of the loot). I wonder why God is allowing all this happen. Nigeria is finished!

1 Like

Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by Parrotpal(m): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hmm! @Ameachi, you dont even have to consult men of God to know that, cos that what happen to most politicians after leaving office. Btw FTC!
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2013
I'm also surprised at this stunt Amaechi is pulling. Trying to infuse religion into shady politicsgrin

1 Like

Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by JohnFrankling(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
God don suffer for this politicians mouth
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
And the man of God, did not inform Amaechi, the child of God, about respecting constituted authorities. He is more f00lish than I thought, for using God's name in his looting spree.
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by naijaking1: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Parrotpal: Hmm! @Ameachi, you dont even have to consult men of God to know that, cos that what happen to most politicians after leaving office. Btw FTC!

No, he has been intoxicated by the witches brew, just like Macbeth. And like Macbeth, he will go down.
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by kel4soft: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
naijaking1:

No, he has been intoxicated by the witches brew, just like Macbeth. And like Macbeth, he will go down.

What ever that has beginning must surely has an end. So, saying he will go down is not in your power. One day, the man must surely come down and we ll all rest.
God will surely decide his successor, not you, not me.

Take a trip back to memory lane. Prior to 1999 Governorship election in Rivers State. Odili(PDP) was an underdog to Chief Ebenezer Isokariaria (APP) in that race. Most people were expecting a landslide from the Kalabari man. The latter campaign was the talk of town then, everyone wanted to associate with him until at the death of time. A propaganda spread that he worships wit OOO and we wouldn't want such man as a Governor. To add pains to injury, two prominent sons of Kalabari played an active role in his lose namely Marshall Harry and his brother Chief Ombo Isokariaria. Although the former later defected to ANPP in 2003. In 2007, I never saw Amaechi winning at Supreme court to outs his cousin Omehia.

From the above, it is imperative to know that in Rivers State, Governors are not imposed by man. They normally come as 'Child of Circumstances'.

Let me also state clearly or refute this myth that Rivers State has always been 100% PDP from the beginning. Fine, Rivers State has been ruled by PDP but, in 1999 PDP didn't win in Rivers State 100%, House of Assembly were divided between PDP and APP. Infact in my LGA, though the chairman was PDP, but majority of the councillors were APP. It was after Odili's unity Government that brought about the one party system we have in this state until what we are witnessing now.

I hate one party system to be frank. I like the politics now in my state. But, I would want both parties to play with caution and rules.

1 Like

Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by naijaking1: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
kel4soft:

What ever that has beginning must surely has an end. So, saying he will go down is not in your power. One day, the man must surely come down and we ll all rest.
God will surely decide his successor, not you, not me.

Take a trip back to memory lane. Prior to 1999 Governorship election in Rivers State. Odili(PDP) was an underdog to Chief Ebenezer Isokariaria (APP) in that race. Most people were expecting a landslide from the Kalabari man. The latter campaign was the talk of town then, everyone wanted to associate with him until at the death of time. A propaganda spread that he worships wit OOO and we wouldn't want such man as a Governor. To add pains to injury, two prominent sons of Kalabari played an active role in his lose namely Marshall Harry and his brother Chief Ombo Isokariaria. Although the former later defected to ANPP in 2003. In 2007, I never saw Amaechi winning at Supreme court to outs his cousin Omehia.

From the above, it is imperative to know that in Rivers State, Governors are not imposed by man. They normally come as 'Child of Circumstances'.

Let me also state clearly or refute this myth that Rivers State has always been with PDP. Fine, Rivers State has been ruled by PDP but, in 1999 PDP didn't win in Rivers State 100%, House of Assembly were divided between PDP and APP. Infact in my LGA, though the chairman was PDP, but majority of the councillors were APP. It was after Odili's unity Government that brought about the one party system we have in this state till what we are witnessing now.

The theme from Macbeth is that when rulers think that there crown had been placed on their heads by the gods and not fellow man, they usually over play their hands.
What you describe about River's politics is mostly universal in democracy, things change, uncertainties, and even sheer luck are known to determine winners and loosers
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by kel4soft: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
naijaking1:

Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by gramci: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2013

Amaechi further explained that several revelations from men of God had it that, nearly all his supporters would abandon him, a situation that will suggest that God has left him

Amaechi your phantom supporters will desert you.
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
I did not get that, does he plan to be governor in 2015? Thought that his 8yrs tenure would have expired.
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by deeozi(m): 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
“I am neither a prophet nor a pastor, I am just a child of God and very soon, I will go back to God in prayers and surrender myself to God”, Amaechi explained.
“I thank God that we are all here. There are so many actions that I have taken that I could not account for".

Brother Amechi what those actions you took that you cannot account for?
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by kel4soft: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
gramci:

Amaechi your phantom supporters will desert you.

I hope you know the meaning of phantom? Even Sylvia former Governor of Rivers State still has supporters.
Re: “My Travails Were Prophesied, I Will Still Be Governor In 2015″ – Amaechi by deeptesting(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2013
I guess Oyedepo just revealed this to him after he paid his tithe at Shiloh or is it Willow...arrant nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Village Heads Beat Up Monarch Over Chieftaincy Disagreement In Ogun State / Elections And The Politics Of Setting Up Radio Stations In Osun State. / See Names Of The 54 Nigerian Soldiers Condemned To Death, 5 Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.