Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri (2224 Views)

How Buhari and His Supporters Behave - Victoria Ohaeri / #issuesforbuhari: From Clueless To An Issueless Government? By Victoria Ohaeri / Major Gideon Orkar Coup Speech In April 1990.has Anything Changed Since Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2013
themaskedman: If Jonathan was dictatorial and vindictive as this woman would want us to believe she will be cooling her feet now in the DSS cells explaining what she means by ‘regime change by all means possible‘.
Story! What of other critics that have been arrested by the DSS and SSS?
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Ngwakwe: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2013
Sometimes I begin to wonder the valley of depravity some anti-anything GEJ/ anti-government have sunk.

The uncontrollable insults, libel, gang ups and false media reports against GEJ's administration, personalty, family, tribe and political base in a bid to get even with GEJ and render him helpless from day one (29th May, 2011) and consequently sunk his government afterwards are what have lead to almost combative nature of what would have been an upgrade to national politics and serious debates.

Make no mistake, Nigerian Politics is all about interest (personal, professional, group or regional etc) not specifically limited to religion or tribe. Some will support whoever will guarantee food on their table or give them undue advantage notwithstanding any controversy while some will critique even the most noble decision and development by the government at the centre or the opposition's centre of attractions depending on which camp one belongs except for the independents.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Abagworo(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: Sometimes I begin to wonder the valley of depravity some anti-anything GEJ/ anti-government have sunk.

The uncontrollable insults, libel, gang ups and false media reports against GEJ's administration, personalty, family, tribe and political base in a bid to get even with GEJ and render him helpless from day one (29th May, 2011) and consequently sunk his government afterwards are what have lead to almost combative nature of what would have been an upgrade to national politics and serious debates.

Make no mistake, Nigerian Politics is all about interest (personal, professional, group or regional etc) not specifically limited to religion or tribe. Some will support whoever will guarantee food on their table or give them undue advantage notwithstanding any controversy while some will critique even the most noble decision and development by the government at the centre or the opposition's centre of attractions depending on which camp one belongs except for the independents.

I disagree with you. Look at the civil society which you and I belong to and which of course is the most neutral element of our society and houses the human rights activists. Why are they not in support of Jonathan?

There are some basic issues that are insults to the brain of any normal or sane being like Oduah case. It would have been easy to sack her and appoint someone else to calm the nerves of the activists but he chose to remain silent and ask Nigerians to do their worst. Compare with Oshiomole's "go and die" drama. When the civil society attacked Oshiomole, he showed remorse and made a public apology as well as compensate the woman. We've forgiven him.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2013
I have invited her to join nairaland. She was a bit not comfortable with the invitation based on what she's heard about the forum. After much persuasion she obliged. cool

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2013
I'll welcome Mrs Ohaeri cool
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2013
CFCfan: I'll welcome Mrs Ohaeri cool
she's not going to register with her real name mind you. She said there were some baseless stories about her on Nairaland. I proved her wrong and copied this thread link to her,thus it changed her mind. cool
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by fagbalex(m): 11:26am On Dec 16, 2013
pistol: I didn't bother to read the article.
Sometimes I just wonder what jonathan has done to deserve this gang up.
I have penciled it down to the Lagos-Ibadan press making the whole air toxic with allegations both proven and unproven.
A lie told repeatedly to the ear becomes the truth.
The common man mindset has been so biased and prejudiced against GEJ with this unpredecented gangup.
All the reforms in the agric,road,railways,airports PHCN privitazation have been relegated to the background.

opono, ago, ode, eranko nie. so your deaf and dumb like your Oga at the top, well I don't blame you because your blood stream is contaminated with religion and ethnic bigotry. olodo Tue.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2013
berem: she's not going to register with her real name mind you. She said there were some baseless stories about her on Nairaland. I proved her wrong and copied this thread link to her,thus it changed her mind. cool

Noted. But who could have spread the baseless stories about her? I hope it isn't Rochas Okorocha embarassed
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2013
CFCfan:

Noted. But who could have spread the baseless stories about her? I hope it isn't Rochas Okorocha embarassed
these are the people spreading baseless stories about her just because she doesn't share the same view with them:

Igbo ethnic champions/bigots
retards as graduates
ethnic prisms and warped regional
predispositions
overzealous pests
rodents
cyber rodents
cheap blackmailers
lazybones
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by wesley80(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2013
berem: she's not going to register with her real name mind you. She said there were some baseless stories about her on Nairaland. I proved her wrong and copied this thread link to her,thus it changed her mind. cool
I hope she knows what She's signing up for?
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 16, 2013
wesley80: I hope she knows what She's signing up for?
Are you planning anything stoopid? Nairaland is not facebook if you must know. angry
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by wesley80(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2013
berem: Are you planning anything stoopid? Nairaland is not facebook if you must know. angry
Of course its not, but the prospect of having to deal with another brainwashed foul talking Igbo lady is one I dont find very appealing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: Sometimes I begin to wonder the valley of depravity some anti-anything GEJ/ anti-government have sunk.

It's truly appalling! The verdict on the GEJ administration was passed before it began. But Nairaland isn't a forum where you can have discourse- you either join in the anti-GEJ campaign or bear the avalanche of close-minded, manic, crude and unreasonable insults. There's too much desperation and depravity, not enough level-handedness.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Ngwakwe: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
You are entitled to stick with your opinion with or without appropriate refutation

Most corrupt dealings in Nigeria involve systematic chains of operation where career civil/public servants connive with politicians to dupe the country.

There are levels of organisations in government institutions where full responsibilities are bestowed on the departmental heads and not the overall CEO but some wouldn't think so in Nigerian context hence we will continue to struggle in our fight against corruption because we have neglected holding our career civil/public servants responsible for grafts in their various departments because we concentrate our search on the Oga at the top.

Until we begin to hit squarely on the nail, we can't contribute effectively to war against corruption.

Abagworo:

I disagree with you. Look at the civil society which you and I belong to and which of course is the most neutral element of our society and houses the human rights activists. Why are they not in support of Jonathan?

There are some basic issues that are insults to the brain of any normal or sane being like Oduah case. It would have been easy to sack her and appoint someone else to calm the nerves of the activists but he chose to remain silent and ask Nigerians to do their worst. Compare with Oshiomole's "go and die" drama. When the civil society attacked Oshiomole, he showed remorse and made a public apology as well as compensate the woman. We've forgiven him.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Rad1cal: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
berem: Are you planning anything stoopid? Nairaland is not facebook if you must know. >sad

We won't condone her foolishness here. Let her bring it on.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Dollarjunkie: 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2013
So berem is this ugly
Old and a spinster?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by asha80(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
nothing wrong with what she said about jonathan but adding 'any means necessary' is where she got herself into trouble....not sure she knows the history of this country well.....funnily she is behaving like the people she is criticizing.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Ngokafor(f): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
Madam Victoria you had better keep quiet before they assassinate you for nothing!..
...the clowns cheering you on now will be no where in sight to save your sorry bottom when shit hits fan.As you can see,they are cowardly ranting annonymously on faceless forums while your picture and details are all over the place..if you die,you die for nothing!!,while your cheerleaders will continue with their lives.
...Corruption,ineptitude,nepotism and incompetence will still be the order of the day..it's been that way since the birth of this nation so even if Jonathan is removed today,nothing will change.It's a sad situation but the rot is way too deep for redemption and Nigeria is too much of a jungle for any sane change to take place.
..finally,in the course of your aggressive politiking,always remember that 'fools rush in where Angels fear to thread..peace.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lol @ toothless bulldogs and cyber warriors. Mtscheeew! grin grin
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by benardtotti(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ngokafor: Madam Victoria you had better keep quiet before they assassinate you for nothing!..
...the clowns cheering you on now will be no where in sight to save your sorry bottom when shit hits fan.As you can see,they are cowardly ranting annonymously on faceless forums while your picture and details are all over the place..if you die,you die for nothing!!,while your cheerleaders will continue with their lives.
...Corruption,ineptitude,nepotism and incompetence will still be the order of the day..it's been that way since the birth of this nation so even if Jonathan is removed today,nothing will change.It's a sad situation but the rot is way too deep for redemption and Nigeria is too much of a jungle for any sane change to take place.
..finally,in the course of your aggressive politiking,always remember that 'fools rush in where Angels fear to thread..peace.
so you indirectly admit that GEJ has 1000 snipers ready to kill at the word go? thanks for the info, we shall bookmark your comment for future reference. cool
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by themaskedman: 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
berem: Lol @ toothless bulldogs and cyber warriors. Mtscheeew! grin grin
As a fan or friend of Victoria you should be asking her to mind what she says or does. That she has freedom to sprek doesn‘t mean you should talk herself into trouble, I have told her that on facebook even though we share different political inclinations. She can ask that the president be removed no problem but adding ‘by all means possible‘ is too reckless and careless and could land her into trouble. If you care for her, tell her the truth.

It‘s treason to call for regime change ‘by all means possible‘ means which may include coup, assassination and other unconstitutional means.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by agbameta: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
themaskedman:
As a fan or friend of Victoria you should be asking her to mind what she says or does. That she has freedom to sprek doesn‘t mean you should talk herself into trouble, I have told her that on facebook even though we share different political inclinations. She can ask that the president be removed no problem but adding ‘by all means possible‘ is too reckless and careless and could land her into trouble. If you care for her, tell her the truth.

It‘s treason to call for regime change ‘by all means possible‘ means which may include coup, assassination and other unconstitutional means.

Ordinarily, the above interpretation is laughable and undeserving of a response as there is clearly no way that the phrase, “by all means necessary” connotes or even suggests a recommendation of an assassination plot. Such mischievous misinterpretation, steeped in incurable idiocy again brings to the fore, the continuing rot in the Nigerian educational system, which has seen the universities churn out retards as graduates. Determined to overturn this rot, Nigerian lecturers under the auspices of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) embarked on a protracted strike, refusing to yield to official intimidation and all untoward pressures aimed at breaking their resolve. - victoria Ohaeri
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
themaskedman:

"by all means possible" to you means assassination? Is that what you were taught in school? You concluded that what she meant was assassination. Why should you even bring up that word? Its all over the internet misinterpreting her statements. You people should learn to have a reflection on the message and quit attacking the messenger.
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Igbo ethnic champions

retards as graduates

ethnic prisms and warped regional predispositions

overzealous pests

rodents

cyber rodents

cheap blackmailers

lazybones

There you have it....only thing missing is the chest beating.
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by Rad1cal: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
People are not smart. Removing GEJ by "all means necessary" from his seat involves impeachment, social revolt, coup d'état, and assassination.

So assassinating the president is part of the options she championed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by themaskedman: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
berem: "by all means possible" to you means assassination? Is that what you were taught in school? You concluded that what she meant was assassination. Why should you even bring up that word? Its all over the internet misinterpreting her statements. You people should learn to have a reflection on the message and quit attacking the messenger.
I‘m sure in ur haste to pen a reply u didn‘t take time to read and understand the import of my comment. I was taught by my professors at IMSU, UNN and UI to critically and thoughtfully examine all statements and propositions to unravel even hidden meanings. There‘s no other interpretation to ‘by all means possible‘ other than what I‘ve given it. You may argue that there‘s no REAL and POTENTIAL intent to hurt that‘s understandable but the statement subsumes all known means constitutional and otherwise to remove a govt.

Do you even understand the meaning of the word ‘possible‘ dear? Perhaps u do perhaps u don‘t. My Oxford A.L. Dictionary says it means ‘...that can be done or achieved:...‘ now I ask u is it possible to assassinate the president or not?

I don‘t hate VIO cos I don‘t have any reason to but like I told her on her facebook wall where she posted the offensive comment watch ur tongue/finger before they get u into trouble. That‘s the best advice and not the praises she‘s getting from you. I‘m sure when yawa gas nau Queen berem ga agba oso.
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by agbameta: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
themaskedman:
I‘m sure in ur haste to pen a reply u didn‘t take time to read and understand the import of my comment. I was taught by my professors at IMSU, UNN and UI to critically and thoughtfully examine all statements and propositions to unravel even hidden meanings. There‘s no other interpretation to ‘by all means possible‘ other than what I‘ve given it. You may argue that there‘s no REAL and POTENTIAL intent to hurt that‘s understandable but the statement subsumes all known means constitutional and otherwise to remove a govt.

Do you even understand the meaning of the word ‘possible‘ dear? Perhaps u do perhaps u don‘t. My Oxford A.L. Dictionary says it means ‘...that can be done or achieved:...‘ now I ask u is it possible to assassinate the president or not?

I don‘t hate VIO cos I don‘t have any reason to but like I told her on her facebook wall where she posted the offensive comment watch ur tongue/finger before they get u into trouble. That‘s the best advice and not the praises she‘s getting from you. I‘m sure when yawa gas nau Queen berem ga agba oso.

There is simply no way a statement made within the limits of free speech, and again, made well within the context of established modes of democratic ascendancy could be myopically construed to mean a backing to murder a serving president! - victoria Ohaeri

1.To start with, the woman is entitled to her opinion and free speech as guaranteed by our constitution so you are doing nothing but yarning your own self interest dust.

2. The woman explained herself and clarified what she said and the meaning of what she said so the fact that you are busy and hard at work trying to redirect what she said and her intentions even after her own clarifications means you are doing nothing but yarning your own self interest dust.

3. You and the likes she detailed in her write up are intolerant and anti social forces with no respect or any kind of decency for the next Nigerian and their views.

4. You and the likes she detailed in her write up are in no position to dictate to any Nigerian what to say or how to express their constitutionally guaranteed opinion or views.

5. It's OK if one segment of the country are mindless robots with warped views that the sun rise and sets only on their asss and only their bigoted, ethnic and intolerant views matters, but keep that mentality to yourself because reality says millions of other Nigerians like this brave and intelligent woman are not into such backward existence and ignorant social order.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by XPhoenix619: 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nawa o. She wants the president removed by all means necessary? Dss should pay her a visit. She might know something about Coup d'état .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2230666/Denise-Helms-Woman-fired-reported-Secret-Service-Facebook-threat-President-Obama.html
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by phantom(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
agbameta: Let me catalog the words she used to describe the bigots in her article.

Igbo ethnic champions

retards as graduates

ethnic prisms and warped regional predispositions

overzealous pests

rodents

cyber rodents

cheap blackmailers

lazybones

The woman sabi her people no be small...

you are a fool.how does an article directed at jonathans irrational and illogical supporters irrespective of tribe translates to an article directed at igbos.you are the typical graduate she referenced in her article.you call the igbos all sorts but many of you yorubas are exactly the same.get the message in the article please and stop tribalising it. @ op ..we need this kind of mindset in igbo land but the phrase 'by any means necessary' is SENSITIVE and should have not been used.of course we all understood what she meant but she should have applied some diplomacy.
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by bomolu: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
DEAR MR. NIGERIAN PRESIDENT, THERE'S NO MORE SPACE UNDER THE CARPET http://www.africanmag.com/FORUM-2115-design004
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by agbameta: 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: you are a fool.how does an article directed at jonathans irrational and illogical supporters irrespective of tribe translates to an article directed at igbos.you are the typical graduate she referenced in her article.you call the igbos all sorts many of you yorubas are exactly the same.get the message in the article please and stop tribalising it.

I have been the target of deliberate attacks, threats, accusations leveled against me by persons who hold themselves out as Igbo ethnic champions and supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration.

That was from the article, she was not only specific, she inserted the highlighted to drive home her point,she clearly identified her target so kindly STFU and deal with the content of the article and her message.

Your problem is guilty conscience and that's what's going to kill you not so closeted bigots..
Re: Jonathan’s Attack Dogs And Repression Of Free Speech In Nigeria-victoria Ohaeri by agbameta: 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Even more hurtfully, the statement by the NLM demonized the northern part of the country, insinuating that anyone “who has ties to the north” is inherently evil or a terrorist. Never in the chequered history of this country have we seen such alarming levels of bigotry and polarization along ethnic, tribal and regional lines, as we are witnessing since President Goodluck Jonathan came to power.

We read the same garbage on NL by the same Igbo ethnic champions and supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration everyday so even if she didn't identify the culprits, we know them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Authority Stealing: Jonathan Budgets Millions For Non-existing Aircraft, Boats / TAN Mega Rally In Minna, See Crowd. / European MP Accuses APC Of Funding Boko Haram, Calls For Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.