Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) (28366 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Top Ten Reason For Divorce In 2012 / Nigeria Law For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by sarutobie(m): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
vanguard1: A man who can't rule his family peacefully has no business with governance and activism.
Na today? Berem na first grade hypocrite naa
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by akin101: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Miss Shakara: Yes of course! You need photos, what of videos? Don't you need videos to be sure the photos aren't photoshopped? Even that may not be enough for you, she should probably come to your place to show you her bruises so you can confirm it is actual blood and not paint. Will that be okay Mr "empirical evidence".
And you should be provided with evidence as the policeman, Attorney and Judge all rolled in one! Smh! Nonsense! Feeling punk like what you think matters! Who gives a f**k about your opinion in this matter cool

were u born stupid or did your mother drop u on ur head.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by LordReed(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
alaoeri:
Being an activist & having a good marriage are two different things. The great Madiba married 3times in his life time.

Did Mandela beat or assault any of his wives?

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
kulyie: you are free to laugh at your stewpeedity after it has been exposed.dont try me this morning and if you know you have loads of time

try me and i will deal with you accordingly

HAHAHAHA
IM SHIVERING WITH FEAR tongue
HIT ME WITH UR BEST SHOT
ILL COME BACK IN THE EVENING
IF IM FREE TO READ UR RANCID REPLY
AND FUEL UR MADNESS FURTHER
HEHEHE

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
akin101:

were u born stupid or did your mother drop u on ur head.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Easy man,no need for that. undecided
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
There is some clear truths in all that she claimed.Domestic violence and subjugation is still very prevalentin the Nigerian society,despite several outcries against it.

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by gbishman: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
shameless woman, if this man is the father of your children, is this how to manage your family issues. This is Africa and not America we have family members that can sit u people down and talk some sense into your heads. Rather u the woman u have tolled the path of an unfaithfull woman by spreading ur linens outside for the whole world to see. I wonder hw much contract u have been offered na wa o. U should even be arrested for using company letter head for non official work.
Dino u are a freedom fighter, fight on do not be despaired the lord is ur strength
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by chadnezzar0worl(m): 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
[sub][/sub][i][/i]his animal was probably once the sweetest man to her at a certain time, not justifying his actions, but some women re taking this women gender equality stuff to another dimension! Women take note! No man wants to share his authority, in all you do, pls be submissive to your man,
kulyie: abeg spare me jare.an animal is an animal and will forever remain an animal.no matter how much you love and care for an animal,it will still remain so.VIOLENCE CAN NEVER LEAVE SOME PEOPLES BLOOD AND PRAYER CANT SOLVE IT EXCEPT YOU TALK TO YOUR LEGS AND LEAVE WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THAT MARRIAGE.YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR HEAD UP HIGH BEFORE THEY TURN YOU TO APERE AJASE BEFORE YOUR TIME
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
bibina:

If you know the woman in person then you would know that all these are true! and that there may be other gory details she decided to conceal for the sake of sanity. I know her in person and from a distance you would never believe she is the wife of anyone in limelight. This woman is an epitome of humility, infact it is now i realize what she must have been going through. I do business with Nigcomsat and she works in a department I often deal with. kai...... i am feeling for Tokunbo!!! but why does God reward good women with evil men? Tokunbo I only pray that God touches the heart of Dino and makes him change so you can all reap the fruit of your labour in this marriage. God will surely reward you for I know His ways are different from ours. If divorce is what you need for now, so be it but I believe God can change any situation just as He can change anyone and turn him or her around for good. You need a happy home and God will give you a happy home where your children will stay in joy and h armony with you.
Amen
Mrs. Melaye was my superior when we both worked in the defunct oceanic. Every thing about her was angelic. She never differentiated between full staff and contract staff as others did wayback.

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Sweetlemon(f): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
Life has taught me not to conclude and judge situations unless you have live first hand experience of them.

None of us here know what the real truth of the matter is. None of us here can vouch anything we can only make speculations based on the belief that "men are bad" we don't know what really goes down there and why.

So let me not talk. I don't put my mouth in marital wahalas because marriage is something you need to go into first before you understand certain things. People should be left to their own marital problems and don't conclude unless you have ALL the facts.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by dinachi(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sweetlemon: Life has taught me not to conclude and judge situations unless you have live first hand experience of them.

None of us here know what the real truth of the matter is. None of us here can vouch anything we can only make speculations based on the belief that "men are bad" we don't know what really goes down there and why.

So let me not talk. I don't put my mouth in marital wahalas because marriage is something you need to go into first before you understand certain things. People should be left in their own marital problems and don't comment unless you have ALL the facts.

The best comment yet from the ladies! My dear you have a solid head over your your shoulders!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Aphrodite4(f): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
dinachi:

My friend, where is the evidence of domestic violence? Which kind of judgement is carried out without the accused defending himself? where are the witnesses? where is the photo evidence? where is Dino's own testimony?

Please lets show by our posts that we are not children!

Evidence? In a situation like this the testimony of even one of the children n neighbors should be enough to convict but if you read my post (ASSUMING YOU ARE NOT A CHILD), you would have seen that I said Nigeria has no actual law against domestic violence offenders and I went on to say that the woman in question isn't looking to put the man in jail BECAUSE SHE CAN'T so her best option was divorce and she is in prime position to get it seeing as she is the applicant and not just wife but mother and she has ample reason considering the man's absence (seeing that he's an 'active' activist and the domestic violence allegations.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by amazing2013: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Dino Melaiye, is this you?
dinachi:

The best comment yet from the ladies! My dear you have a solid head over your your shoulders!

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by udysweet(f): 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
alaoeri:
Being an activist & having a good marriage are two different things. The great Madiba married 3times in his life time.

i disagree wit u totally! madiba was not a known violent afmily man,we knw why d 1st wife left him because his ideals and her strong christian background, the second he divorced becos of the kidnap and subsequent murder of the young chap,wch was bad publicity for him. i HATE men who are violent and who go a far as threatening their wives! case closed!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
amazing2013: Dino Melaiye, is this you?

That's an insult to Dino, although he has the characteristics of Dino but in no where near his shoes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by amazing2013: 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Don't worry, no one is trying to insult Dino. Dino, in and of himself is enough of an insult-he does not need insults. His personality is sufficient to achieve that undecided
Chillisauce:

That's an insult to Dino, although he has the characteristics of Dino but in no where near his shoes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
amazing2013: Don't worry, no one is trying to insult Dino. Dino, in and of himself is enough of an insult-he does not need insults. His personality is sufficient to achieve that undecided

Same with the poster you were addressing, only difference is the the social ladder.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by amazing2013: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lol, abi o?
Chillisauce:

Same with the poster you were addressing, only difference is the the social ladder.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by sk8erBoy: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
I have been interested in any news about Dino because I happen to know his wife's family reasonably well . But I'm not here to take sides. This is my take on the issue:
The African adage says "there is no smoke without fire". This suggests that there must have been 'red flags' of domestic violence and infidelity even while the couple were courting. Could she not have picked these up? She probably did but went ahead with the marriage. Dino was a student activist in ABU Zaria, aren't we all aware of the darker side of student activism? So what was the attraction to him? My guess, which could be wrong, is power and the prospect of more of it; being married to a prospective House of Rep. member - but "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". The dude is power drunk.
There is no justifiable reason for domestic violence, rather domestic violence is a justifiable reason for separation. The man in question, who makes the headlines for the wrong reasons, feels comfortable using his wife as a punching bag however one must ask - could his wife be provocative? Why has she condoned this behaviour for so long? The most humane answer would be for the sake of her children but then the scars of a weeping mother on the psyche of a child is more indelible than growing up in a single parent home.
Now, if the allegations are true then Dino must face the full brunt of the law albeit watered down and largely corrupted in Nigeria. The Fabiyi family should not only sue him but get international women rights NGOs involved and a very good lawyer. She should not just divorce him and be silent, she must get compensation from him and secure the future of her children in the process.
And the lad should be silent about corruption in Nigeria until he puts his house in order...and to the pro-Dino's, please don't use Dino and Madiba in the same sentence. Do not insult the memory of a great statesman. There is no basis for comparison.

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by soulglo: 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
bibina:

If you know the woman in person then you would know that all these are true! and that there may be other gory details she decided to conceal for the sake of sanity. I know her in person and from a distance you would never believe she is the wife of anyone in limelight. This woman is an epitome of humility, infact it is now i realize what she must have been going through. I do business with Nigcomsat and she works in a department I often deal with. kai...... i am feeling for Tokunbo!!! but why does God reward good women with evil men? Tokunbo I only pray that God touches the heart of Dino and makes him change so you can all reap the fruit of your labour in this marriage. God will surely reward you for I know His ways are different from ours. If divorce is what you need for now, so be it but I believe God can change any situation just as He can change anyone and turn him or her around for good. You need a happy home and God will give you a happy home where your children will stay in joy and harmony with you.
Amen

I believe the woman. When some ghetto girl was pregnant with her husband's baby she stood by her husband. It was obvious that he was lying. He denied ever doing anything with the girl. She stayed classy through out the whole ordeal. I had never heard of her husband before that time but I was impressed with how she carried herself and tried to hold her family together. Then of course the truth came out. He had fathered the child. Nasty ass man. What is sad is that this woman is not some little girl that he picked out of the bush somewhere. She has done well for herself. She has stayed through infidelities, physical and mental abuse and even now he is holding the kids. It makes you wonder then what women who do not have a quarter of the access this woman has go through. You see a woman like this at a nice restaurant and you do not know that she is probably going home tonight to take another dose for an antibiotic for the latest episode of gonorrhea he has given her. People like this man are respected in Nigeria. People are attacking the woman for speaking out about being in fear for her life. SMH.

7 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Projectors(m): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2013
This is hard to believe.
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by ffo(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by baralatie(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Imagine!
2005,he beat pregnant wife and was admited in hospital.
2009,smashed her laptop and her against wal wit a yr old kid
2010 was rushed to gen hospital abuja
2013 pointed gun
infidelity uncountable

this guy attitude is condemable!kilode she bi o le ri pa ni o dun ni abi e wo!
Jesus!

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by dinachi(m): 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
Aphrodite4:

Evidence? In a situation like this the testimony of even one of the children n neighbors should be enough to convict but if you read my post (ASSUMING YOU ARE NOT A CHILD), you would have seen that I said Nigeria has no actual law against domestic violence offenders and I went on to say that the woman in question isn't looking to put the man in jail BECAUSE SHE CAN'T so her best option was divorce and she is in prime position to get it seeing as she is the applicant and not just wife but mother and she has ample reason considering the man's absence (seeing that he's an 'active' activist and the domestic violence allegations.
Nobody is denying that she will get a divorce if she proves they have irreconcilable differences. My take is simple: Before we crucify Dino lets see the evidence of battery or hear other witnesses or hear his own testimony. It only shows that one is being fair. The accuser bears the burden of proof. Besides, I know that some women batter their husbands too! Violence has no gender.
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by dinachi(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
amazing2013: Dino Melaiye, is this you?
Kemi Olunloyo is that you?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by baralatie(m): 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
dinachi:
Nobody is denying that she will get a divorce if she proves they have irreconcilable differences. My take is simple: Before we crucify Dino lets see the evidence of battery or hear other witnesses or hear his own testimony. It only shows that one is being fair. The accuser bears the burden of proof. Besides, I know that some women batter their husbands too! Violence has no gender.
what is before the court is divorce and custody case?
Her application are undeniable.she has police reports(2005-2010) and medical logs which include dt 4rm wuse gen hospital,mis bisi ibidapo-obe pregnancy.if nah evidence the ur guy u ar sympatising for is a goner.
She did not ask the state to try him for attempted murder!

4 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Deschil: 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Lol! Very funny.
dinachi:
Kemi Olunloyo is that you?
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Aphrodite4(f): 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
baralatie:
what is before the court is divorce and custody case?
Her application are undeniable.she has police reports(2005-2010) and medical logs which include dt 4rm wuse gen hospital,mis bisi ibidapo-obe pregnancy.if nah evidence the ur guy u ar sympatising for is a goner.
She did not ask the state to try him for attempted murder!

Thtz wht iv bn trying to let, [dinachi] understand- she doesn't want to sink the man (altho ryt nw, thtz debatable cz his reputation is done for), all she wants is a divorce and God willing she will get it..
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
kommiejewel:

U'r high on expired weed!!. . .
U need 2 go back 2 school and understand what sarcasm is. Id.iot
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
kommiejewel:

U'r high on expired weed!!. . .
U need 2 go back 2 school and understand what sar casm is. Id.iot
Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Ade1966(m): 5:36am On Dec 18, 2013
This is rather unfortunate. Every one should focus on making a success of their home rather than making a vocation out of criticism. Like the Holy Scripture said, it is better we try and remove the log in our eyes before making any attempt to remove the speck in other people's eyes. Look at the type of people who want to be our leaders. May GOD save us.

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Wife Files For Divorce + Proof Of Assault Domestic Violence (PIC) by Pratigya: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2013
Very unfortunate! Dino met his wife a virgin and for him to treat her as such is the least unfortunate! I remember my younger brother who was a student then in ABU used to complain of how Dino borrows his suits without asking him, even though Dino was not a student then. Dino used to be one of those loafers who hanged around the students center, attend lectures even when he was not a student-he eventually gained admission after being a loafer. We all know Dino as a tout, loudmouth and noise maker-omo ale! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Divorce-Seeking Wife Recounts How She Caught Her Cheating Husband With A Lady. / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee / A Family Of 5 Just Survived This Frightful Crash In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.