Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. (6169 Views)

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / How To Worship The Nigerian God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Why Mohamed didn't destroy the kabba ?
Can you destroy the pagan artefacts without destroying the shrine?

Why do you pray in direction of the kabba and in Arabic only, isn't Allah supposed to b omniscient, omnipresent,omnipotent ?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Why Mohamed didn't destroy the kabba ?

A futile attempt to destroy the Ka'aba had once been made by a Christian ruler of Yemen by the name Abraha, before the Prophetic calling of Prophet Muhammed(saw).

The story is in Al-quran, Surat Al-fil (The Elephant. 105:1-5.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Elephant -

Christian source of the story of Araha: http://www.dacb.org/stories/ethiopia/_abraha.html

POPE II:
Can you destroy the pagan artefacts without destroying the shrine?
The ka'aba was nt built for Idols, and was not built by Pagan.

Once Ismail had become a youth, he married from the tribe of Jurhum, Ismail was the Custodian of the Sacred House (Ka'aba) and after he died, he made is son Nabit his successor, Nabit to his uncle from Jurhum. Then Ibn Amr al-Jurhami assumed the burden of the affairs of the Sacred House (Ka'aba). Jurhum's custodianship of the sanctuary lasted a period of time. Then they started to become weaker in faith, putting the continuing sanctity of the Sacred House to peril...

The first one of the Khuza'ah to govern the sacred house was Amr bin Rabiah, who travel to Syria-palestine (Al-shami) to seek a cure for a disease he was suffering from. He found the people there worshiping Idols, he bought one and brought it back to Mecca and called it Hubal. Amr Ibn Rabiah then was the first to change the Monotheistic religion of Abraham and Ismail of the Arabs...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Khuza'a

In the bible, Abraham truly built a Temple, but it has never been found till now.

POPE II:
Why do you pray in direction of the kabba and in Arabic only, isn't Allah supposed to b omniscient, omnipresent,omnipotent ?
Muslims' congregation prayer (Salat) towards Ka'aba is to oblige the command of Allah.

Befor, during and after Jesus' ascension, Jews have been facing Temple mount when observing their congregation prayer.

Jews, temple in America, England, France... face Temple mount.
Jesus met them facing one direction and he never complained, rather, his Gospel was to call people to pray 3 times a day facing temple Mount.
There is a clear verse in the NT that indicated that the well guided Disciples of Jesus prayed after the ascension of Jesus, the same way the the Jews used to and still praying.

Like Jews, muslims face the Ka'aba when observing congregational prayer(salat).

And invoke Allah's blessing (Dua') in which no rules is applied.

Muslims Pray in Arabic due to many reasons, Unity- it is highly recommended that u observe Salat in group.
But you are in China where they were praying in Chinese, even though, u can hear them rapping in their language but since u can't understand what they talking about. what would happen? u've just missed a bonus from the Almight God.

And it is a pity that you are not yet a Muslim, if you are, u would understand how one feels when reciting Al-quran in Arabic.
Allah doesn't literally mean God, It is more than that.

3 Likes

Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by POPEII: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
Another rule, don't justify your answers with what Christians or Jews do you muslims are fond of it
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by POPEII: 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Harbiola you didn't say why Mohamed did not destroy it , is the kabba indestructible or what ?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
Guys, let us act like a matured fellow. i said a question and a answer, now you're just throwing anything.

Lets make it serious, and i'm 100% sure that u'll soon be speechless.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by POPEII: 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
Okay my bad but I was reacting to your answer , we must b satisfied before continuing
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by captcochrane(m): 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

^ this is the shahada , please explain the bolded part

i tink u ansad d question- god is any other tin u worship apart from 1 true God, nd d statement can be rephrased as "there's nobody worthy of worship except Allah (God )"
Nd yea, i always envy those dt speak arabic fluently, u guys shd just take tym nd listen to beautiful recitations, with open minds, u'll lyk it

1 Like

Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Harbiola you didn't say why Mohamed did not destroy it , is the kabba indestructible or what ?

The Kaaba is a sacred house from the day of its physical erection. however, it was defiled with Idols by Meccan pagans, but it was sanctified once and for all by Prophet Muhammed(saw) during the conquest of Mecca.

Nothing wronged with the sanctity of the Ka'aba except the Idols inside it, and that is why Prophet Muhammed(saw) would face the Ka'aba in prayer for 13 years before it sanctifying.

Ka'aba is currently serving it purpose.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2013
Wanna ask a question. Why is that even when muslim's are working on the road, they will be meditating with their bead?. Must they show-off so that everybody will notice that they're praying or what?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
FrancisTony: the word GOD have been existing since. GOD is meant for supernatural almighty, the creator of heaven and earth. And those that worship pagan and idol own is god not GOD.
Short Note:
The earliest uses of the word God in Germanic writing is often cited to be in the Gothic Bible or Wulfila Bible, which was the christian bible as tranlated by wulfila into the Gothic language spoken by the eastern Germanic or Gothic tribe.

During the fourth century, the Goths were converted to christianity, largely throgh the efforts of Bishop Ufilas who translated the bible into the Gothic language in Nicopolis ad istrum in today's northern Bulgaria. the words Guda was used for God in the Gothic Bible.

Some variants forms of the name Odin such as the lombardic Godan may point in the direction that Lombardic form actually comes from Proto-germanic Wudanaz. Wudinaz is the reconstructed Proto-germanic name of a god of Germanic paganism, known as Odin in Norse mythology, Woden in Old English, Wodan or Wotan in Old high Germanic and Godan in the Lambordic language.

Godan was shortened to God over time and was adopted/retained by the Germanic peoples of the British isles as the name of their deity, in Lieu of the latin word Deus used by the latin speaking christian church after conversion to christianity.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_(word)
Sign!!!

FrancisTony:
@your question. Was allah a biblical God or pre-islamic deity worshipped as moon? Waiting in anticipation *GRIN*

Allah is the Arabic word for God (Literally "the God" as the initial "Al" is the definite article. It is used mainly by Muslims to often, however not exclusively, by Baha'is, Arabic-speakers and Indonesian and Maltese Christians and Mizrahi Jews.

The corresponding Aramaic (Generally agreed to have been spoken by Jesus and His disciples) form is "Elaha" ( "Elah"-God, "a"- the), in Biblical Aramaic and Alaha in Syriac as being used by the Assyrians. All from the root word El/Il.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

Hubal was the chief idol in arabia, housed in the Ka'aba.

Hubal was never refered to as Allah.

Two was distinct even from Meccan pagan arab.

Hubal was a foreign idol, so it was never associate with with the word Allah. Unlike others - Manat, Uzza, Lat which they, out of ignorance used to call daughters of Allah.

Because their Christian counterpart used to say "Mother of Allah" (i.e Mary), Son of Allah (i.e Jesus).
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
QEUSTION: What are the SIMILARITIES between those that were called CHRISTIANS in Antioch and today's Christians, from the Bible.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II: Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah
There are many gods then as there are many gods now.

The statement literally means:
I bear witness that there is no other god who deserves to be worshiped except Allah.
Note: Allah has/will never be personified.
I know Olorun-Olodumare has/never never been personified...

Look around to know the name of supreme Diety in other languages that has never being personified; That is Allah, Elaha, Alaah... in another language which deserves our Worship and Praise.

POPE II:
Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

^ this is the shahada , please explain the bolded part

The second statement means:
And I bear witness that Prophet Muhammed(saw) is the Messenger of Allah.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
POPE II:
God but Allah ?
ilah(god).
Ilah(God).

Al-Ilah(The God)
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
FrancisTony:
rebuttal.
It is sunny, i'm soowy i can't see this. cool
FrancisTony:
rebuttal.
It is sunny, i'm soowy i can't see this.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
teniyi:
Pupuu, what about the cross you worship. A death man killed on the cross is a pagan Ideas. I pitied you oo.

True the origin of "the dead man on a cross" is from the Greek God Dionysus.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
teniyi:
Never, even if Muslim keeps these pictures, they are purely for admiration unlike the CROSS you worship.
Investigate and get to know please.

You are in seedless denial. Stop denying the truth

No one worships images before, it's admiration.

as I also say, you religious people lack education and knowledge of the outside

Idolatry is not worship of idols, it's admiration. Wat muslims do by keeping pictures of kaaba is idolatry.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
harbiola1: QEUSTION: What are the SIMILARITIES between those that were called CHRISTIANS in Antioch and today's Christians, from the Bible.
similarities as in? No similarities/different 'cos they are still same bro.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
harbiola1: QEUSTION: What are the SIMILARITIES between those that were called CHRISTIANS in Antioch and today's Christians, from the Bible.
similarities as in? No similarities/difference 'cos they are still same bro.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
macof:

True the origin of "the dead man on a cross" is from the Greek God Dionysus.
Lier
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: the word GOD have been existing since. GOD is meant for supernatural almighty, the creator of heaven and earth. And those that worship pagan and idol own is god not GOD. @your question. Was allah a biblical God or pre-islamic deity worshipped as moon? Waiting in anticipation *GRIN*

See Mr. Tony(I don't know if u don't deserve the Mr)

You are ALWAYS wrong

The word "God" is an English word from the German word "Gott" which means "one that is sacrificed to" or "one that sacrifice is given"

Gott was the title of all the Gods of the Norse/Scandinavian spirituality.

In English sense of the word it still doesn't mean "one God" neither does it mean "creator of heaven and earth" it simply means "higher force"
Yahweh, Allah, Obatala, Sango, Odin, Zeus etc. are all Gods

There's nothing like god and GOD, it's the same word. higher forces are all Gods, gods or GODS not God and god

Allah never appeared in the Bible, Allah has always been the God of Mecca and not Israel. Allah is a pagan God of the Moon in Arabia and Mesopotamia where Abraham came from
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: similarities as in? No similarities/different 'cos they are still same bro.
^^^
Harbiola1:
QEUSTION: What are the SIMILARITIES between those that were called CHRISTIANS in Antioch and today's Christians, from the Bible.
Did they also on worship Sun-day like christians are doing today?

Did they also celebrate Ostara festival(Easter), Xmas, Janus feast (1/1) like christians are doing today.

They worshiped in the Temple, how did they worship, did they also dance and clap in the temple?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2013
macof:

See Mr. Tony(I don't know if u don't deserve the Mr)

You are ALWAYS wrong

The word "God" is an English word from the German word "Gott" which means "one that is sacrificed to" or "one that sacrifice is given"

Gott was the title of all the Gods of the Norse/Scandinavian spirituality.

In English sense of the word it still doesn't mean "one God" neither does it mean "creator of heaven and earth" it simply means "higher force"
Yahweh, Allah, Obatala, Sango, Odin, Zeus etc. are all Gods

There's nothing like god and GOD, it's the same word. higher forces are all Gods, gods or GODS not God and god

Allah never appeared in the Bible, Allah has always been the God of Mecca and not Israel. Allah is a pagan God of the Moon in Arabia and Mesopotamia where Abraham came from
dude! Go and die *In Oshiomole's voice*
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2013
harbiola1:
^^^

Did they also on worship Sun-day like christians are doing today?

Did they also celebrate Ostara festival(Easter), Xmas, Janus feast (1/1) like christians are doing today.

They worshiped in the Temple, how did they worship, did they also dance and clap in the temple?
Lwtmb. Bible didn't indicate when they worship. But the have churches that means they worship in the temple. We don't clap and dance skelewu in catholic. Hope it explains all. About the xmas and eve we do it in remembrance of christ saviour.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 8:17am On Dec 17, 2013
captcochrane: @op, wd u guys say Olorun/Olodumare (i dont know if u're yoruba) is an idol? no u wont because they're yoruba translations for God - so, Allah has been d translation 4 God since d beginning of arabian/arabic
nd moreso, wd u say u're forced to read nd write in english in skul because u're igbo/yoruba/hausa? no u wont cos dts wat we regard as standard for education here in nigeria - so arabic is d standard for Islam
u said why didnt our Prophet destroy kabbah? no he didnt nd wouldnt, why? because it was built by prophet Ibrahim AS nd his son; Ismail AS to worship Almighty Allah, so my broda, Muhammad SAW only cleansed d kabbah by ejectin d idolators

Olodumare is a Yoruba pagan God. The supreme God of the universe, and source of all energy in Yoruba spirituality.

Allah is a God, not the Arabic translation for the word "God"

In Hebrew "El" means God, Elohim is for Gods beneath El Elyon

The kaaba was built for Pagan practices it had 360 sacred idols dedicated to Gods, Allah was one of them, Allah was their chief
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: the translation is allah though but they worship it as the most high God during the pre-islamic era whereas our Nigerian pagan religion during the pre-xtian and muslim era worship the little chi, olodumare etc and still believe there's most high God above! But arabians took allah(moon-god) as their G(g)od.

Shut up. In there's none higher than Olodumare, Chukwu, Osanobua

Allah has always been the most high God in Arabia. His symbols and planetary body was the Moon. He created earth and all life.
Just dat with the coming of Islam, things changed and Mohammed proclaimed his family's God as "only God"
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2013
harbiola1:

The ka'aba was nt built for Idols, and was not built by Pagan.
Dude, I might not be sure who built the kaaba but there's no prove that Abraham built it.

Abraham had already left Allah and devoted himself to Yahweh.
Abraham would have to be crazy to build kaaba in honor of another God.

Ps. Abraham was Hebrew, Beginning of a new tribe in canaanland. Technically he was pagan
You need to understand the meaning of "pagan"

Once Ismail had become a youth, he married from the tribe of Jurhum, Ismail was the Custodian of the Sacred House (Ka'aba) and after he died, he made is son Nabit his successor, Nabit to his uncle from Jurhum. Then Ibn Amr al-Jurhami assumed the burden of the affairs of the Sacred House (Ka'aba). Jurhum's custodianship of the sanctuary lasted a period of time. Then they started to become weaker in faith, putting the continuing sanctity of the Sacred House to peril...

The first one of the Khuza'ah to govern the sacred house was Amr bin Rabiah, who travel to Syria-palestine (Al-shami) to seek a cure for a disease he was suffering from. He found the people there worshiping Idols, he bought one and brought it back to Mecca and called it Hubal. Amr Ibn Rabiah then was the first to change the Monotheistic religion of Abraham and Ismail of the Arabs...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Khuza'a

This I have no right to argue.
But I disbelieve this

In the bible, Abraham truly built a Temple, but it has never been found till now.
Abraham built shrines not temple

Muslims' congregation prayer (Salat) towards Ka'aba is to oblige the command of Allah.

Befor, during and after Jesus' ascension, Jews have been facing Temple mount when observing their congregation prayer.

Jews, temple in America, England, France... face Temple mount.
Jesus met them facing one direction and he never complained, rather, his Gospel was to call people to pray 3 times a day facing temple Mount.
There is a clear verse in the NT that indicated that the well guided Disciples of Jesus prayed after the ascension of Jesus, the same way the the Jews used to and still praying.

Like Jews, muslims face the Ka'aba when observing congregational prayer(salat).

And invoke Allah's blessing (Dua') in which no rules is applied.

Muslims Pray in Arabic due to many reasons, Unity- it is highly recommended that u observe Salat in group.
But you are in China where they were praying in Chinese, even though, u can hear them rapping in their language but since u can't understand what they talking about. what would happen? u've just missed a bonus from the Almight God.

And it is a pity that you are not yet a Muslim, if you are, u would understand how one feels when reciting Al-quran in Arabic.
Allah doesn't literally mean God, It is more than that.

This is plain stuupid how can u think, praying in Arabic brings blessings.

This is pure mental slavery and brainwash.

Wat ever happened to praying in the language of ur father?
Wat ever happened to praying in the way of ur ancestors?

keep proving to me that non-arab Muslims are slaves
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2013
captcochrane:

i tink u ansad d question- god is any other tin u worship apart from 1 true God, nd d statement can be rephrased as "there's nobody worthy of worship except Allah (God )"
Nd yea, i always envy those dt speak arabic fluently, u guys shd just take tym nd listen to beautiful recitations, with open minds, u'll lyk it

OMG!! So many Foolish people on NL

There's no difference between "god" and "God" stop deceiving urself, it's the same word with the same meaning.

You envy those that speak Arabic, can u speak ur fathers language?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2013
harbiola1:
There are many gods then as there are many gods now.

The statement literally means:
I bear witness that there is no other god who deserves to be worshiped except Allah.
Note: Allah has/will never be personified.
I know Olorun-Olodumare has/never never been personified...

Look around to know the name of supreme Diety in other languages that has never being personified; That is Allah, Elaha, Alaah... in another language which deserves our Worship and Praise.

The second statement means:
And I bear witness that Prophet Muhammed(saw) is the Messenger of Allah.

Allah has been personified- read about hubal. Huballah was the father of Manat, Allat, Al-uzza- even the Koran can be used to prove this.
I don't know why u muslims lie about ur God. The Christians don't lie, only that they don't know as much as they should.

Elaha is still Arabic, it's a different dialect from the one spoken in Mecca.

grin cheesy u bare witness? Abeg don't make me laugh
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2013
harbiola1:
ilah(god).
Ilah(God).

Al-Ilah(The God)

Wrong.

Ilah and ilah mean the Same thing
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2013
Macof you're high on kunu. @you all i'm expecting more questions!.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: dude! Go and die *In Oshiomole's voice*

You know am right but you are in denial.
You don't know anything about christianity or any religion for that matter.

Sheeple slave
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: Lier

Instead of calling someone a lie. Point out the lies and tell the truth.

Honestly you know nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is This Emma Bishop Okonkwo, Is He A Bishop Or Business Man. / Seven Spirits Of God? / Fasting And Prayer Questions Need Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.