Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,797 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. (6162 Views)

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / How To Worship The Nigerian God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Mintayo(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: @MR harbiolar. The termChristmasappeared in Old English as early as 1038 A.D. asCristes Maesse, and later asCristes-messein A.D. 1131. It means "the Mass of Christ." This name was established by the Christian church to disconnect the holiday and its customs from its pagan origins. As one fourth century theologian penned, "We hold this day holy, not like the pagans because of the birth of the sun, but because of Him who made it."
Although it is true that many traditional Christmas customs find their origins in pagan practices, these ancient and forgotten associations are far removed from the hearts of Christian worshipers today at Christmastime. So much so, it seems a pointless concern. If the focus of Christmas is Jesus Christand his gift of eternal life, then what harm can come from such a celebration? Moreover, Christian churches see Christmas as an occasion to spread the good news of the gospel at a time when many unbelievers pause to consider Christ
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: smh! Dude stop fabricating lies. In act the disciples worshipped in the first day of the week and it's sunday.

That's wat u always say
That am lying, am lying.

If u study on these things I stated you would find out they are true.

But of course, your brain is locked inside a fictional book called "Bible" I wonder wat the name means sef undecided
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
macof:

That's wat u always say
That am lying, am lying.

If u study on these things I stated you would find out they are true.

But of course, your brain is locked inside a fictional book called "Bible" I wonder wat the name means sef undecided
what of yours that is locked inside the fictional book u read called history or whatever. Mstcheew
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by noblefada: 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
macof:

And is it u dat isn't daft?undecided

Yahweh who should be ur God(we all know christianity is confused about it's God) was worshipped on the sabbath day in ur Bible. U disobey and hell is waiting for u.

In Rome, so many Gods were honored. Gods from Egypt, Greece and Mithra from Persia. Horus and Mithra's festivals were held 25th December. And Sunday of every week was the day of Sun-Day Worship. The God of Sun being Mithra and Tabs weren't held against Honoring Zeus and Horus too.
Kemetian Gods are associated with the Sun and Horus was worshiped according to the Kemetian rights. Zeus being the head God in Roman territory was also honored during all festivals
@macof & @harbibola, I've extensively dealt with the issue of Christians worshipping on Sunday & not Saturday, Sabbath before but can't remember the thread now but to summarise, you all know that the early disciples & apostles were practising Jews including Paul. Now Paul because of his zeal to preach the gospel to all people including Jews, wanted them to partake in his teaching sections and not offend some of them, made Christians to meet on the first day of the week (Sunday), while himself went to the synagogue on Sabbath day, so the gentile churches who knew little or nothing about the law simply continued that tradition. Shalom.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
noblefada:
@macof & @harbibola, I've extensively dealt with the issue of Christians worshipping on Sunday & not Saturday, Sabbath before but can't remember the thread now but to summarise, you all know that the early disciples & apostles were practising Jews including Paul. Now Paul because of his zeal to preach the gospel to all people including Jews, wanted them to partake in his teaching sections and not offend some of them, made Christians to meet on the first day of the week (Sunday), while himself went to the synagogue on Sabbath day, so the gentile churches who knew little or nothing about the law simply continued that tradition. Shalom.
Bull crap.

The gentiles have always worshipped on Sundays and it has nothing too do with Paul.

Paul himself was half Jew, Half Mithrait.
He also worshipped on Sundays

It's got nothing to do with Jesus
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
macof:
Bull crap.

The gentiles have always worshipped on Sundays and it has nothing too do with Paul.

Paul himself was half Jew, Half Mithrait.
He also worshipped on Sundays

It's got nothing to do with Jesus
shut the "F". Smellos
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by POPEII: 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sorry guys, I have been very busy , I will catch up tomorrow .thank u for your understanding
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: @MR harbiolar. The termChristmasappeared in Old English as early as 1038 A.D. asCristes Maesse, and later asCristes-messein A.D. 1131. It means "the Mass of Christ." This name was established by the Christian church to disconnect the holiday and its customs from its pagan origins. As one fourth century theologian penned, "We hold this day holy, not like the pagans because of the birth of the sun, but because of Him who made it."
Although it is true that many traditional Christmas customs find their origins in pagan practices, these ancient and forgotten associations are far removed from the hearts of Christian worshipers today at Christmastime. So much so, it seems a pointless concern. If the focus of Christmas is Jesus Christand his gift of eternal life, then what harm can come from such a celebration? Moreover, Christian churches see Christmas as an occasion to spread the good news of the gospel at a time when many unbelievers pause to consider Christ

Dec. 25 was used by Pagans to celebrate their pagan god.
Several pagans' Dec. 25 practices was later retained by Christians to commemorate a person that wasn't borne on Dec. 25.

The Month, Date and Practices has nothing to do with its Pagan origin because christians have hijacked to spread the good news of the gospel at a time when many unbelievers pause to consider Christ.

Mind you, these are the same people that resuscitated Ostara festival with its Pagan practices (e.g Easter egg, Easter bunny, egg hunting...).

Why did they always have interest in Paganism?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by a4hafoe(m): 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
POPE II: have u ever been in a church? Which statue here looks like something you can find in a church?
have u ever been to mosque? wic statute do u find dere....
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
noblefada:
early disciples & apostles were practising Jews including Paul. Now Paul because of his zeal to preach the gospel to all people including Jews, wanted them to partake in his teaching sections and not offend some of them, made Christians to meet on the first day of the week (Sunday), while himself went to the synagogue on Sabbath day, so the gentile churches who knew little or nothing about the law simply continued that tradition. Shalom.

I've seen this kind of cheap excuse before. You know, many religious sites are not objective so they may not knw how flawed their excuses were. Bible itself disapproves ur excuse.

And on the issue of Saturday and Sunday, i can't argue with anyone over it. But New English Bible established controversy on the two days.

1 Like

Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: shut the "F". Smellos

Prove me wrong cheesy
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
harbiola1:

Dec. 25 was used by Pagans to celebrate their pagan god.
Several pagans' Dec. 25 practices was later retained by Christians to commemorate a person that wasn't borne on Dec. 25.

The Month, Date and Practices has nothing to do with its Pagan origin because christians have hijacked to spread the good news of the gospel at a time when many unbelievers pause to consider Christ.

Mind you, these are the same people that resuscitated Ostara festival with its Pagan practices (e.g Easter egg, Easter bunny, egg hunting...).

Why did they always have interest in Paganism?
What's this one saying. Smh
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: What's this one saying. Smh

Nothing grin grin grin
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2013
Hello! can we move on?
my question pls.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1: Hello! can we move on?
my question pls.
Oya nah!
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
FrancisTony: Oya nah!
In the bible we read:
1. Abraham built an Altar.
2. Hajar saw a well in the dessert.
3. Ishmeal lived in the dessert of Paran.

Where is Abraham's built altal, Hajar's well and Dessert of Paran that Ishmael used to live?

Pls quote the three questions 1 by 1.

My question.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1:
In the bible we read:
1. Abraham built an Altar.

2. Hajar saw a well in the dessert.

3. Ishmeal lived in the dessert of Paran.
mstcheew
Where is Abraham's built altal, Hajar's well and Dessert of Paran that Ishmael used to live?

Pls quote the three questions 1 by 1.

My question.
This question is pathetic 'cos i dnt know why u're asking it.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
FrancisTony:

mstcheew

Guy pls fall out of the thread. I can't seriously endure ur Ignorance capped with Stupi<di>ty any longer.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by macof(m): 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
FrancisTony:

mstcheew

grin grin grin I told u dat u don't know anything
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

sharap! And stop poking/stalking me.
harbiola1:

Guy pls fall out of the thread. I can't seriously endure ur Ignorance capped with Stupi<di>ty any longer.
smh. You are asking stupid question that doesn't make sense.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof:

Honestly, i can't guess his age if it does matter in this regard.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1:
Honestly, i can't guess his age if it does matter in this regard.
Lol u gat to guess. I'm 14yrs.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
FrancisTony: sharap! And stop poking/stalking me. smh. You are asking stupid question that doesn't make sense.
I think the above is always the response of ur pastor each time u try to ask a question about the bible.
And what does it mean that a stupid question that make no sense could come from the bible?

Do you think the bible itself makes sense at all?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by harbiola1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
FrancisTony: Lol u gat to guess. I'm 14yrs.
I doubt this, my sis is nt more and has memorized half of the glorious Quran.
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1:
I doubt this, my sis is nt more and has memorized half of the glorious Quran.
LWTMB
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Rilwayne001: 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
FrancisTony: LWTMB
grin grin Francis grin grin why you cum expose yourself lik this nahh grin grin
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Rilwayne001: 4:52am On Jun 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

mstcheew
undecided grin grin
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Rilwayne001: 5:03am On Jun 28, 2014
POPE II: Sorry guys, I have been very busy , I will catch up tomorrow .thank u for your understanding
You tommorow never cum? undecided
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 28, 2014
Rilwayne001:
grin grin Francis grin grin why you cum expose yourself lik this nahh grin grin
Rilwayne001:
undecided grin grin

Why are you resurrecting dead post/thread undecided
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Rilwayne001: 7:23am On Jun 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why are you resurrecting dead post/thread undecided

It isnt a dead thread, or are you (op) dead?

you are flawlessly debunked on this thread grin grin grin

until you answer all those questions thrown at you grin, i hope you can do that?
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by Rilwayne001: 7:24am On Jun 28, 2014
dp
Re: Do Islam Really Worship The Almighty God Or Moon-god?. by billyG(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2014
I tink satan shld snt him dwn 2 come & klin dis mess that has been plaging mankind esp. N.naija oooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is This? / Difficult Bible Questions / There Will Be No Rapture And Jesus Is Not Coming Back! -former Pastor Dr Ray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.