Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (502702 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emmaxy54(m): 9:17am On Apr 02, 2016
Does MasterCard scholarship cover a master's degree program?[/quote]
Yea, check mcgills, UBC, uni. Of carlifonia, michghan and uni. Of cape town
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Check your mails. Beautiful people, U of T has f****d feelings.....
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
FROM A GENUINE SOURCE, BELOW ARE THE FOLLOWING REASONS WHY NIGERIANS ARE REJECTED BY UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:

1. Applicants dont check thier admission requirements (ur course requires A's and u submit WAEC of C's, pls how do u get admission?).

2. Some applicants do submit "rich-men" bank statement instead of sending a proper low-income bank statement.

3. Some applicants dont complete the application properly before submitting.

4. Some applicants dont proof-read and spellcheck thier essays while some do exceed the given word limit (suprisingly common).

5. There are errors while typing recommenders email address.
Take it or leave it. I dont need u to believe me, but these are the significant reasons why Nigerians dont get admitted to U of T, Equity bank nor Kenya didnt hijack the scholarship........its just about common sense and adhension to instruction. I stand corrected. God bless us in our quest.

2 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by rol100: 11:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
OddJimms:
FROM A GENUINE SOURCE, BELOW ARE THE FOLLOWING REASONS WHY NIGERIANS ARE REJECTED BY UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:

1. Applicants dont check thier admission requirements (ur course requires A's and u submit WAEC of C's, pls how do u get admission?).

2. Some applicants do submit "rich-men" bank statement instead of sending a proper low-income bank statement.

3. Some applicants dont complete the application properly before submitting.

4. Some applicants dont proof-read and spellcheck thier essays while some do exceed the given word limit (suprisingly common).

5. There are errors while typing recommenders email address.
Take it or leave it. I dont need u to believe me, but these are the significant reasons why Nigerians dont get admitted to U of T, Equity bank nor Kenya didnt hijack the scholarship........its just about common sense and adhension to instruction. I stand corrected. God bless us in our quest.
You are ryt jimms, i talked to one applicant who got rejected by McGill. According to him he applied to faculty of arts but in his essays he didn't state clearly what degree he would pursue and how dat degree is going to help him address his community's problems. This isnt convincing and enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 05, 2016
Email me ur Fb username or WhatsApp contact pls @ oddjimms..... We serious need to talk abou this.... Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
Manuelmarvy:
Email me ur Fb username or WhatsApp contact pls @ oddjimms..... We serious need to talk abou this.... Thanks
facebook.com/Zoe.Adetona.... Lets start from there
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bimbaztryzzi(m): 5:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
rol100:
You are ryt jimms, i talked to one applicant who got rejected by McGill. According to him he applied to faculty of arts but in his essays he didn't state clearly what degree he would pursue and how dat degree is going to help him address his community's problems. This isnt convincing and enough.

please your contact, either facebook or whatsapp
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by rol100: 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
bimbaztryzzi:

please your contact, either facebook or whatsapp
tiny roland- Facebook
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bimbaztryzzi(m): 6:07am On Apr 06, 2016
rol100:
tiny roland- Facebook
Thank you
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by mayoroflag(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2016
Can anyone confirm what is the next step after securing the scholarship? Especially for UoT?

Thanks....
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2016
mayoroflag:
Can anyone confirm what is the next step after securing the scholarship? Especially for UoT?

Thanks....
you've been awarded ?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
akagson:

you've been awarded ?
Obviously.........
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by rol100: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
mayoroflag:

Thanks....
By now I shld receive couple of emails from ur program managers detailing the next steps. U can also email them to find out what u shld do. every partner school has its own way of processing documents with their scholars.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by rol100: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2016
mayoroflag:

Thanks....
By now u shld receive couple of emails from ur program managers detailing the next steps. U can also email them to find out what u shld do. every partner school has its own way of processing documents with their scholars.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
OddJimms:
Obviously.........
Have you been sent an Agreement Form?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bigboy1010: 9:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Hello everyone
Do they accept WAEC Gce
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 7:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
OddJimms how far?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
akagson:
OddJimms how far?
im good, hows life with you
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
OddJimms:
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
OddJimms:

Great. What was your last communication with UoT after informing you that you made the cut? They've not sent anything to you?...like "further infos..."??
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by mayoroflag(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
Someone is claiming she got the scholarship and I am trying to verifying the genuineness of her claim.

She made it sound as if she will be further invited for interview next month. I did not think so but I thought I should ask here.

Thanks for your responses rol100, akagson...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by leonhadho: 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
hey guys Im from Zimbabwe I got a place at MSU and was selected for the Finaists interviews. I was interviewed by the MasterCard Scholarship team of the 23rd of March. However up to now i haven't received any communication regarding the outcome of my Scholarship application. Does anyone know what this means?? Im told they notify the candidates usually early April, but now its almost mid April!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
akagson:

Great. What was your last communication with UoT after informing you that you made the cut? They've not sent anything to you?...like "further infos..."??
nope I didn't get the scholarship but I'll get it soon
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
leonhadho:
hey guys Im from Zimbabwe I got a place at MSU and was selected for the Finaists interviews. I was interviewed by the MasterCard Scholarship team of the 23rd of March. However up to now i haven't received any communication regarding the outcome of my Scholarship application. Does anyone know what this means?? Im told they notify the candidates usually early April, but now its almost mid April!
sorry man, but keep the hopes up
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by mckenzy3745: 6:41am On Apr 15, 2016
@leonhado
I also have the same issue. I was interviewed on the 15th of March. Been expecting the outcome of the MCFS interview for MSU. Pls, cld I get it ur contact on Facebook?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 15, 2016
Oddjimms, Is the scholarship still on?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by leonhadho: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2016
@mackenzy3745. Then lets keep our hopes high perhaps they have not started sending responses yet coz even if we did not make it they should have communicated that to us.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by OddJimms(m): 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
helenmi:
Oddjimms, Is the scholarship still on?
nope bruh, till mid september, i'll advise you start constructing your essays and getting transcripts ready, so you wont have to go through the challenges i went through.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2016
leonhadho:
You're probably on the wait list.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2016
OddJimms:
nope bruh, till mid september, i'll advise you start constructing your essays and getting transcripts ready, so you wont have to go through the challenges i went through.
Haha.. OddJimms, I got you. From ur response, you won the scholarship. Congrats tho.
By the way, are the essay questions exactly the same for every year?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by akagson: 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
mayoroflag:
Someone is claiming she got the scholarship and I am trying to verifying the genuineness of her claim.

She made it sound as if she will be further invited for interview next month. I did not think so but I thought I should ask here.

Thanks for your responses rol100, akagson...
Which school is that?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
OddJimms:

Oh thanks brother. So you have gotten the scholarship? What does it cover?

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (262) (Reply)

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.