Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (488652 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 11:02am On Jul 02, 2016
Ibfred:
Yes they've started since April. I've been in contact with both Universities. You have to first gain admission to your desired course of study (these schools sometimes have specific courses they want master card scholars to study) and then you can contact the MasterCard foundation Scholarship at these schools. There are slight differences in procedures between UP and UCT but they are for the most part similar. The only thing is the master card foundation application portal at these schools doesn't open until July especially UCT. UCT's master card office told me they would start on the 20th of July and would take 13 undergraduates and 23 Masters (postgraduate).
alright.I intend applying to universities in canada and USA. Can't wait for August to come. Wishing you Best of luck.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Ibfred(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2016
SlimHan:
alright.I intend applying to universities in canada and USA. Can't wait for August to come. Wishing you Best of luck.
Thank you, you too.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by rjek: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
can we apply with waec?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
rjek:
can we apply with waec?
ofcourse you can but you need to write toefl or Ielts and some schools requires SATs exam too. Pls try to read the thread from page 1.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kachiz(m): 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ibfred:
Hello everyone, I have been following this post in stealth mode for quite some time now. I would like to know if anyone has applied to the University of Pretoria and the University of Cape Town and how they did it. I would also appreciate it if you could tell me how you managed to get a waiver for the application fee.

Please guys, does anyone have an answer to this question on application fee waiver? It will be very helpful.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Briggsrowland(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
Its been a while people!

have missed this forum,
chrisviral, Algorithm, Graviton et al, y'all should report ASAP.
Hope you're doing awesome, am almost done with my undergraduate study, Fully down for MCFS-pg application.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hi everyone! It been a while, hope all is well!
Yep! We've few months left before the race begin yet again, hope you all are warming up!
For the newbies here, I'll advise you to start preparing your essays and to get involved in one or more community oriented voluntary activities (you'll surely need that for your essays)
By the way, as we await September, check out the link on my signature for an opportunity you wouldn't want to miss!
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
Please have anybody here received admission decision from Ashesi University?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
Please Ibfred during application for admission to University of Pretoria, do they require sending documents through courier or they accept scanned documents
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Ibfred(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
GabbyKelly:
Please Ibfred during application for admission to University of Pretoria, do they require sending documents through courier or they accept scanned documents
Hey bro, at first they only require scanned original documents via their university portal but at some point, probably after you receive a provisional admission offer, they would need you to send the original certified copies of your documents by post. For now you don't need to bother about any of that. They'll be the ones to request for it once the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Ibfred(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
kachiz:

Please guys, does anyone have an answer to this question on application fee waiver? It will be very helpful.
Honestly, you might need to pay it at some point especially at the University of Pretoria. The only condition for a waiver is that you provide evidence of coming from a low income family that earns less than 120,000 rands (i'm not so sure about the amount) annually. The evidence could be in the form of your parents' pay slip, bank statement or sworn affidavit stating that you're from a low income background. Once you've got your hands on the document(s) scan it and upload it on the portal where they request for application fee on the UP website, they'll investigate it and if it's genuine they'll waive it. Hope this helps.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kachiz(m): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ibfred:

Honestly, you might need to pay it at some point especially at the University of Pretoria. The only condition for a waiver is that you provide evidence of coming from a low income family that earns less than 120,000 rands (i'm not so sure about the amount) annually. The evidence could be in the form of your parents' pay slip, bank statement or sworn affidavit stating that you're from a low income background. Once you've got your hands on the document(s) scan it and upload it on the portal where they request for application fee on the UP website, they'll investigate it and if it's genuine they'll waive it. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.
The 120k Rands should be per annum, right?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Ibfred(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
kachiz:

Thank you very much.
The 120k Rands should be per annum, right?
Yes, per annum and you're welcome.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by adeniyi3971(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
pls guys is Gce allowed for mcf schools in Canada. McGill and others

Co: chrisviral et all.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bimbaztryzzi(m): 10:34am On Jul 06, 2016
blisylvester:
Hi everyone! It been a while, hope all is well!
Yep! We've few months left before the race begin yet again, hope you all are warming up!
For the newbies here, I'll advise you to start preparing your essays and to get involved in one or more community oriented voluntary activities (you'll surely need that for your essays)
By the way, as we await September, check out the link on my signature for an opportunity you wouldn't want to miss!
Goodluck!

Please can you give me your contact... Whatsapp or facebook
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by SlimHan(f): 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Can you share the essay topics for each school? blisylvester
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ibfred:

Which program are you going for @ UP?

I tried applying for Masters in Electrical Engineering but was told I have to do honours first. And the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship is only available for Masters students this year at UP and UCT.

I have applied to UCT and my application is being processed.

You can send me a mail toogoodtofail51@yahoo.com, so we can rub minds since we are obviously pursuing the same course.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by DaVinciii(m): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by bimbaztryzzi(m): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2016
Please do anyone here have last year's application package for ubc
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
Sure! I can share them here SlimHan, but I'm not so sure they're are still gonn' be used this year... The essay questions for the schools are quite similar, some of them are:
1. Please provide a personal statement detailing your personal and academic goals
2. Describe the goal, your involvement and outcome of one or more community leadership initiative in which you played a role in
3. Describe a time when you overcame one or more significant obstacle/challenges so that you were able to improve the lives of others in your community. How did you react to the challenges and what did you learn from the experience
4. Describe a figure op movement which has provided inspiration within your life
5. Outline what you believe are the particular challenges faced by your country op community. Please explain briefly how achieving a bachelor degree and participating in MCFSP will empower you to address challenges in your community
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
More include:
6. Describe your motivation and commitment to return to Africa after graduation and outline a brief proposal detailing your plans for when you return to Africa
7. If you don't recieve the MCFS what are your plans for the next four years
Note: the word limit differs depending on the school but its between 100-400
Btw sorry for delayed response...
Hope this helps..
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
bimbaztryzzi:

Please can you give me your contact... Whatsapp or facebook
my facebook ID is Okoro Sylvester Uchenna search me up and add. Hope we can talk there
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by eMidas: 12:55am On Jul 09, 2016
SlimHan:

Please, can I contact you off Nairaland? As in, your BBM contact or so. I'd like the us to run the hurdle together. I am in for the MasterCard scholarship. I wait for your response and time.

Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Chigojude: 1:45am On Jul 09, 2016
Hi guys, just saw this Master card scholarship for the uni of Pretoria...but the nearest to my field was engineering... does the scholarship apply to other schools like in Canada? is it also course specific?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by blisylvester(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2016
Chigojude:
Hi guys, just saw this Master card scholarship for the uni of Pretoria...but the nearest to my field was engineering... does the scholarship apply to other schools like in Canada? is it also course specific?
visit> www.mastercardfdnscholars.org/the-mastercard-foundation-scholars-program for the list of all the partner universities..
Also the scholarship isn't course specific all the courses offered by each school are allowed expected medicine and surgery I think..
Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Fran6ik: 8:37am On Jul 09, 2016
Am interested in the Univ of Pretoria Mastercard scholaship, any guide for d steps? applying for my younger sister who intends venturing into agriculture
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2016
Fran6ik:
Am interested in the Univ of Pretoria Mastercard scholaship, any guide for d steps? applying for my younger sister who intends venturing into agriculture

Is she going for undergraduate or postgraduate?

She has to apply for admission, she can only apply for the MasterCard Foundation scholarship after she has been admitted.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kelvin517(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2016

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kelvin517(m): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2016
University Of Cape Town -Klaus-Jürgen Bathe Leadership Scholarship (Fully Funded)

Deadline: August 31st, 2016.
Description:

Purpose:
The Klaus-Jürgen Bathe Leadership Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis to selected UCT undergraduate students with demonstrated leadership potential, for the purposes of financially supporting the scholars as they continue with their chosen degree programmes at UCT, at the same time developing their leadership potential through additional Programme activites, to better prepare them for eventually taking up significant leadership roles in South Africa or other African countries.

Eligibility:
The Klaus-Jürgen Bathe Leadership Programme is open to all undergraduate students enrolled in any of the six Faculties of UCT. Students can apply in their first year of study, or after completing first year. However, there must be at least two years of the degree programme remaining at the time of award. The scholarship cannot be held for a period less than two years. Postgraduate students are not eligible.
While it is expected that the majority of scholars will be citizens of South Africa, candidates from other sub-Saharan African countries are also welcome to apply. However, a condition for non-South African candidates is that they must demonstrate a commitment to remain in South Africa and serve the country for at least 10 years after their studies. They must also commit to serving their own countries.
Selection Criteria & Process:
Selection will be made from students who demonstrate potential to be the leaders of tomorrow in various sectors of the economies of their respective countries in Africa, and who show promise to make a significant impact in business, government, industry and civil society of South Africa or other African countries.
Students will be selected for this Programme on the basis of academic merit, demonstrated leadership potential, willingness to serve the public and the community, and commitment to the goals of the Programme. Financial need will also be taken into account (all applicants are required to provide information about family income on the application form), but it will not be an overriding factor.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview, and will be required to speak on a topic of global relevance as part of the selection process. They will be required to demonstrate why they are deserving of the scholarship, and to explain how they see themselves playing a leadership role in their country or on the African continent in the future.

Award & Conditions

The scholarship offers full financial support to the value of R120,000-00 per year, intended to cover tuition fees, accommodation, meals and an allowance for books, stationery and transport. The scholarship will also entitle the recipient to a 6-week internship in the USA, Germany or South Africa, the costs of which will be met by the Programme.

Scholars will be required to take the normal courses of their degree programs, plus two additional courses intended to develop leadership qualities. These courses will be identified by the Programme Director, and may vary from year to year. Scholars will also be required to spend up to 6 weeks attached to an approved organization in South Africa, Germany or the USA, gaining exposure to sound leadership practices.

Scholars should remain in good academic standing after the first year, as a condition for the renewal of the award for a second year.

Scholars must remain committed to the goals of the Programme throughout their studies, and strive towards eventually serving the larger society in South Africa or on the African continent in a significant leadership capacity. They will be expected to be role models and ambassadors of the Programme.
How To Apply

Prospective scholars should complete the correct application form for the year in question. The application form for the 2017 intake of new scholars is available

Click http://www.flawlessopportunities.com/2016/06/university-of-cape-town-klaus-jurgen.html

to apply

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by kelvin517(m): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2016
University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program For Study In South Africa, 2016

Deadline: 15th September, 2016.

CLICK HERE TO APPLY http://www.flawlessopportunities.com/2016/06/university-of-pretoria-mastercard.html

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Fran6ik: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2016
elnino2015:

Is she going for undergraduate or postgraduate?

She has to apply for admission, she can only apply for the MasterCard Foundation scholarship after she has been admitted.
undergraduate.. tanx bro
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Chigojude: 12:38am On Jul 10, 2016
blisylvester:
visit> www.mastercardfdnscholars.org/the-mastercard-foundation-scholars-program for the list of all the partner universities..
Also the scholarship isn't course specific all the courses offered by each school are allowed expected medicine and surgery I think..
Hope this helps

Aii...thanks bro..will check them out.. I do appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.