Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (502710 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
WhyNa:

lol. Owke. Nah. Dnt tink so

Are you on BBM?
There is a friend I have on BBM and he is going for pub health too.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
UromOta: bro pls does ASU and MSU need toefl?

ASU, SAT is optional but TOEFL is compulsory!
MSU, SAT is compulsory but TOEFL, im not sure about that!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
chrisviral:

Are you on BBM?
There is a friend I have on BBM and he is going for pub health too.

No im not dear. u didnt answer my quest about deletn my first msu app
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
WhyNa:

No im not dear. u didnt answer my quest about deletn my first msu app

I thought I did!
There is a cancel stuff, where you get to cancel the application, im seeing it now in my application I don't know if it's in yours... look for it.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
chrisviral:

ASU, SAT is optional but TOEFL is compulsory!
MSU, SAT is compulsory but TOEFL, im not sure about that!
correct btw, ASU don't require SAT but TOEFL is compulsory! MSU requires either of the two! SAT critical reading covers the TOEFL requirement for them.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Sunnycent: correct btw, ASU don't require SAT but TOEFL is compulsory! MSU requires either of the two! SAT critical reading covers the TOEFL requirement for them.

grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2014
Hello house, am having a hard time deciding the course to choose for myself.....my options are computer engineering and electrical engineering, which one do you think is better for someone who would love to work in telecommunication industries ( ie that deals with computers and its hardwares, softwares, mobiles or phones and the likes of them).....help me. thanks.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2014
From my researches, it seems that E.E is more advanced and broad ( incooperates the knowledge of computers, electronics, telecomm, robotics and automation) than comp. eng which is just focused on computer and its hardwares and softwares but am still confused.....or should one do E.E in undergraduate level and then comp. eng in Masters?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Gospel367: From my researches, it seems that E.E is more advanced and broad ( incooperates the knowledge of computers, electronics, telecomm, robotics and automation) than comp. eng which is just focused on computer and its hardwares and softwares but am still confused.....or should one do E.E in undergraduate level and then comp. eng in Masters?

McGill does Elect and Comp. Engineering as the same major.
I think You should go with computer Engineering for US schools, then do a Minor in Elect, yes and I know Arizona state University offers double Majors to students, so just keep your options open, when you get there, you will speak with advisors and you will decide what you really want... who knows you might end up doing Mechatronics Engineering!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:
I think You should go with computer Engineering for US schools, then do a Minor in Elect, yes and I know Arizona state University offers double Majors to students, so just keep your options open, when you get there, you will speak with advisors and you will decide what you really want... who knows you might end up doing Mechatronics Engineering!
Chris, I must confess that I really respect your opinions, thanks dear and by the way, what's mechatronic eng?.....never heard of it.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
please,has the registration for McGill commenced?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

how about the essays you wrote for MCFS on your major! Will it be valueless of what?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
Abdulasod: please,has the registration for McGill commenced?
yes sire
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
Starting my application to McGill tomorrow. The procedure is complicated but doable. God help us all.

Shalom!

*Sunnycent, I see you
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Gospel367:
Chris, I must confess that I really respect your opinions, thanks dear and by the way, what's mechatronic eng?.....never heard of it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechatronics
Ita a new engineering Major, No nigerian university offers it, you go be hot cake!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Sunnycent: how about the essays you wrote for MCFS on your major! Will it be valueless of what?

The essays help you get in.
Valary molowa and Nuel both entered with chemical engineering but both have switched to Marine Engineering, so it doesn't matter, just get in...
Like myself, I wanted to do a Major in Mechanical Engineering and a Minor in management before the ugly incident happened, so I av got an idea how these things works.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
Graviton2: Starting my application to McGill tomorrow. The procedure is complicated but doable. God help us all.

Shalom!

*Sunnycent, I see you

Seems you have to exercise patience abit, Mcgill's Fall application has not yet reflected on the admission application website, the only option available there is for winter 2015.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
Graviton2: Starting my application to McGill tomorrow. The procedure is complicated but doable. God help us all.

Shalom!

*Sunnycent, I see you

Very complicated

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
For those who don't already know!
[b]How to apply To Mcgill.
First go to:
www.mcgill.ca/applying
https://horizon.mcgill.ca/pban1/hzskalog.P_DISPLANGUECHOICE

Fill up all the application, when you get to the last page! That's the payments page, just save the application there..
Use a pen and paper, write down your order number!

Then ask you school teacher to send an email to
 MCF-scholars@mcgill.ca
The email should be in this format:
Here are the details of my student.

Your full name, date of birth, the name of your school and the Order Number. 
Your school guidance counsellor or senior school official’s full name, title or position at the school, email address and phone number.
An endorsement from your counsellor, which includes the following statement:
I, ______________(counsellor/senior school official) hereby verify that the academic background 
of _________________ (applicant’s name) fulfills the minimum requirements to be considered for admission to McGill University.  
Attach the following documents to the e-mail as attachments:
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Validation of Financial Status Form 
This form should be completed by your school guidance counsellor or other senior school official.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University Recommendation Form.  
This form should be completed by a person who is in a position to comment on the applicant’s involvement in the significant community leadership initiative the applicant is asked to describe in Section B, Question 1b), of the MCF Scholarship application form.  
Have the person providing the recommendation complete the form and send as an e-mail attachment (Word document or scanned PDF document) directly to your school counsellor or senior school official to be included with the nomination e-mail.

When that is done, after 5 to 10 days, you will receive an email with a username (usually 9 numbers) and a link to create a password, when you do, it opens up your Minerva portal...

In your Minerva, you will see where provision is made for your to upload your transcript, WAEC certificate and the application form and summary of activities.

Note: transcript and WAEC cert should be uploaded as one file (that page 1 and 2).

Summary of activities entails what you have been doing since you graduated till this moment!

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

Seems you have to exercise patience abit, Mcgill's Fall application has not yet reflected on the admission application website, the only option available there is for winter 2015.

Hmm. That's fine. How long will one wait?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Graviton2:

Hmm. That's fine. How long will one wait?

Dunno bro! Don't work in the admission department grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Mickeywilliams(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pls someone should enlighten me...Is the scholarship for students seeking admission to these schools,or students of the respective schools.Thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mickeywilliams: Pls someone should enlighten me...Is the scholarship for students seeking admission to these schools,or students of the respective schools.Thanks

Students seeking admission!
Read from page 0
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

Dunno bro! Don't work in the admission department grin

Lol. Okay

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
News reaching me now from Mcgill program co-odinator, MCF graduate application will be up next year, that is to say, the current application right now is just for UG. PG will be next year september!

Whyna: take note.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by modewap: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechatronics
Ita a new engineering Major, No nigerian university offers it, you go be hot cake!
Chrisviral the virus.. Respect boss.. I b dey ghost mode since, now that Mcgill don show make me too short.. BEA sha don do their own.. But we thank God..

And Nigerian university now offers mechatronics.. FUNAAB and IbadanPoly do..

Pastor Sunnycent of the century, i hail oo boss.. Did you get reply from turkey burslari? (Me, no reply till now) No Nigerian awarded this year again?

Lastly i greet everyone...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
modewap: Chrisviral the virus.. Respect boss.. I b dey ghost mode since, now that Mcgill don show make me too short.. BEA sha don do their own.. But we thank God..

And Nigerian university now offers mechatronics.. FUNAAB and IbadanPoly do..

Pastor Sunnycent of the century, i hail oo boss.. Did you get reply from turkey burslari? (Me, no reply till now) No Nigerian awarded this year again?

Lastly i greet everyone...

I sight you! grin
Salutation bro.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by modewap: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

I sight you! grin
Salutation bro.
Bro, gonna inbox you on FB for that your whatsapp number again, i changed phone.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
@Chris...
bro,I've been trying to chat with U on whatsapp but weren't replying...
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
Abdulasod: @Chris...
bro,I've been trying to chat with U on whatsapp but weren't replying...

Sorry about that...
I will shortly.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
modewap: Bro, gonna inbox you on FB for that your whatsapp number again, i changed phone.

No p!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
chrisviral:

sire, it has. Fall 2015 has reflected. I saw it a while ago on the online application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (262) (Reply)

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.