Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Do You Tell Your Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Tell Your Spouse? (1532 Views)

Tell Us Those Romantic Words You Use To "Woo" Your Spouse!!! / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 4:00am On Jul 31, 2008
Do you tell your spouse that you were a victim of incest or do you keep this to yourself?

How would you react if your husband/wife told you this?
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by chika98: 4:08am On Jul 31, 2008
Forever hold my peace.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by nalijah07(f): 4:11am On Jul 31, 2008
He should definately be told. Not doing so will not only stress you out, but in the long run keeping it inside may manifest into some negative behavior down the road, making the situation much worse.

Let's face it, we all have issues. My husband telling me this may make me understand better why he behaves the way he does.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by HCH3COO: 4:13am On Jul 31, 2008
Yes please I need to know.  But if you tell me  undecided 
it might mean our wedding is off.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by motunrayo4(f): 4:17am On Jul 31, 2008
I watched this movie on Lifetime. . . damn I wish I remembered the name
But it was about a lady who was raped by her granddad at around 5yrs and she got married and told her husband and her really helped her through the whole thing.
I would tell my husband b/c I'm the kinda person that tell my boyfriends, friends, family everything.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by HCH3COO: 4:18am On Jul 31, 2008
motun_rayo:

I would tell my husband b/c I'm the kind of person that tell my[b] boyfriends[/b], friends, family everything.

shocked
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by nalijah07(f): 4:19am On Jul 31, 2008
@ HCH3COO

That would be wrong to suspend the wedding. You have to be able to trust someone in life, and if you can't trust and be vulnerable with your spouse, of what use is that spouse to you.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 4:19am On Jul 31, 2008
i dont know that i would tell a boyfriend.

Yall did not answer how you would react if your spouse told you.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by HCH3COO: 4:21am On Jul 31, 2008
nalijah07:

@ HCH3COO

That would be wrong to suspend the wedding. You have to be able to trust someone in life, and if you can't trust and be vulnerable with your spouse, of what use is that spouse to you.
Well. . . . exactly why I would call it off.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by motunrayo4(f): 4:22am On Jul 31, 2008
I didnt mean I'll tell my boyfriend of like 3 months but a boyfriend of 2 yrs then yeah
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Joseph6(m): 4:23am On Jul 31, 2008
by victim do u mean the product of 2 relatives?
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by nalijah07(f): 4:24am On Jul 31, 2008
Of course I would be shocked initially, but grateful that he felt that he could come to me with this information. I would do my best to support him, and also offer to go to counseling with him if he has not already done so.

I would also have a boat load of questions. embarassed
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by motunrayo4(f): 4:24am On Jul 31, 2008
If my spouse told me I'll just be supportive. . . . I wouldnt leave him
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 4:28am On Jul 31, 2008
Joseph6:

by victim do u mean the product of 2 relatives?

no victim as in the person who was raped by a relative at a young age.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Tonim(f): 4:29am On Jul 31, 2008
I think at some point during the course of our relationship I'll let him know.

If I am told this by my spouse, I'll be really shocked and be very supportive. It's really tough going through something
like that, so I'll ask questions just to be sure he has gotten over it and to be very
supportive, of course.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 31, 2008
I agree with you Tonim.

At some point when I feel that he won't freak out, or when I feel like he's worth it, I'll let him know.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 4:40am On Jul 31, 2008
can men really handle this type of information?
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 31, 2008
They'll have to, or else it's over
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Tonim(f): 4:45am On Jul 31, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I agree with you Tonim.

At some point when I feel that he won't freak out, or when I feel like he's worth it, I'll let him know.

Thanks sweetie wink

I just hope @ poster didn't go through this sha. It'll be too traumatic to bear.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 31, 2008
Wait, sistawoman, you went through incest?
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Joseph6(m): 4:48am On Jul 31, 2008
first of all i wont believe coz it doesnt make so much sense its better 2 say u were both consentin adults or atleast teenagers not that u'll paint it as if u were completely innocent,, . . . . . . . .so its not a plausible story sorry
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 4:59am On Jul 31, 2008
Joseph6:

first of all i wont believe because it doesnt make so much sense its better 2 say u were both consentin adults or atleast teenagers not that u'll paint it as if u were completely innocent,, . . . . . . . .so its not a plausible story sorry

why is it not plausable that a young child was molested/raped by an older realtive. and if that is the case how is the person being raped responsible and not innocent?
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by KarmaMod(f): 5:08am On Jul 31, 2008
Joseph6:

first of all i wont believe because it doesnt make so much sense its better 2 say u were both consentin adults or atleast teenagers not that u'll paint it as if u were completely innocent,, . . . . . . . .so its not a plausible story sorry

Seek help.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Joseph6(m): 5:09am On Jul 31, 2008
in her best interest and mine she shld keep it 2 herself and take it 2 the grave because mehn honestly i don't want 2 know oh aaah
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 5:10am On Jul 31, 2008
it is just a question. That does not mean i am talking about myself just exploring a question all the way out
for all we know there is someone reading this that is debating this question in thier minds
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 31, 2008
@Joseph,

Do you even understand ya first post on this thread?
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Joseph6(m): 5:19am On Jul 31, 2008
ya dats the thing, there's been a mix up
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 5:20am On Jul 31, 2008
Joseph6:

ya that is the thing, there's been a mix up

Is the mix up that you did not understand the question or maybe what incest is? Because to say that the person being raped is not innocent is just ridiculous.
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by Joseph6(m): 5:28am On Jul 31, 2008
how wld the spouse beliv she was innocent when there is no proof, its better 2 stay safe and not tell dats wat i meant
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 5:45am On Jul 31, 2008
Joseph6:

how would the spouse beliv she was innocent when there is no proof, its better 2 stay safe and not tell that is what i meant

If a child of say birth to 10 was raped by an adult or older child how is the one raped not innocent? if a girl is raped by her dad how is she not innocent
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by lechatte(f): 6:44am On Jul 31, 2008
As someone with a similar experience,I am surely not telling!Not worth the hassle. lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Tell Your Spouse? by sistawoman: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
lechatte:

As someone with a similar experience,I am surely not telling!Not worth the hassle. lipsrsealed

Is it that you dont think he will understand?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Kind Of Man Are You Attracted To? / Are They Really That Hungry? / Can A Graduate Marry School Cert. Holder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.