Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA (4450 Views)

Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Audu Abubakar / Osinbajo Attends Wedding Ceremony Of His "Son" In Enugu State (Photos) / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by M17: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Ode, how different is your own UAV and the ones kids make all over the place?

Yours have the same quality and advanced like pentagon's?

And do you mind showing us Obama's picture or news clip celebrating pentagon's drone or even any president celebrating common drone on National TV sef?

GO 4uck your self bastard . UP UP PRESIDENT GEJ DOWN DOWN APC = ALQAEDA PEOPLES CARETAKER.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: You're a slowpoke.
Where's the generator?
Btw,how do you think drones are powered?
I even thought i was exchanging ideas with an intelligent entity with a decent idea of UAVs.
What a waste of time and MB.
Btw,that UAV you were downgrading was built in conjuction with the israeli MAROM-DOLPHIN.
Makers of some of the best drones in the world.
Hehe... I knew well before you googled it that was an isreali drone, Nigeria NAF are not capable of building such drone yet. Yes.. Drone wey carry generator for yansh...

See here I sreal's top notch killer.... did you see generator for yansh? This is a split from IAI cool

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by olabukola: 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2013
I think it's a nice thing to ignore those that don't like this. The more you engage them the more you sound foolish like them.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Dude, I have at my finger tips information of Non-permanent security council members that have military satellites! Do not cry too much.. some of engineers where here in the UK and we gave them some lessons on how to build and secure a military satellite communications links.

Cheer up because NigcomSat 1R enhanced will have a military communications band with it. Trials are already on going with the 1R... cool
Then why were you foaming in the mouth, if you knew Nigeria was planning on upgrading her satellites?
You think this's PDP/APC politics where projects are downgraded to score cheap political points?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
olabukola: I think it's a nice thing to ignore those that don't like this. The more you engage them the more you sound foolish like them.
Hehe.. you know, it like when you mates write an exam and pass at once in flash, and you have been writing this exam after 5 attempts before you get average... you do not go throw party! You sit up... and realize how far your mate have left you cool

NAF did well but throw a party on this advanced toy is really laughable...
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by jmaine: 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe... another Fresh air crew dancing alingo to advance plastic toy cool

An advance plastic toy capable of doing and achieving the objectives it was built for.

I did rather dance Alingo to this than engage in the embarrassing display of going gaga celebrating street lights and tolling booth's.

This is a good development which must be supported and encouraged by patriotic citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Then why were you foaming in the mouth, if you knew Nigeria was planning on upgrading her satellites?
You think this's PDP/APC politics where projects are downgraded to score cheap political points?
This is to tell you that there is nothing to celebrate about a missions control room when you do not have a secured military satellite communications band.

With GEJ in power, the military satellite would remain a dream just as all the other projects are currently in limbo and the trained engineers SSTL are currently looking at jumping ship.

This is not the time to throw party, this is the time to sit up, and realize how far we have been left behind. We should by now be selling drones technology to countries in Africa, but instead, we are at the mercy of Isreal and South Africa.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by 5thNOTE: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I didnt get all the information about the UAV but they said it can be deployed to any part of Nigeria and monitored real time in Kaduna and Abuja. From high up in the sky it can see things as tiny as plate number of vehicles on ground. With 12 litres of fuel, the UAV can remain in the sky for 7 hours.
This absolutely error. U cant put D two control rooms in a section or a part of a country. Nigeria is not Hausa o! If nigeria breaks up today, D south which funds it would have developed D north that they will be irrelevant in achievement like u find in Sudan. At times i wonder why we keep serving other self-filled people than ourselves? Why nt put a control room in Kaduna and one in Delta State? or one in Abuja and another in Delta state. How can u build a UAV with resources all frm south south, and yet there is no solid facility there, or a single control room in D south? Do they want to use it to be monitoring D south alone or deciet way? Abuja is nt for D south if we break up, except they return military headquarters to Lagos!
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Oh dear... soon they will shout transformation and fresh air!

There are things as a nation we should be ashamed off! Unveiling a UAV on a national TV as what? Some are even shouting mission and control room as if there is anything that sophisticated to the design and construction of such a room

For all I care, Nigeria does not 'yet' have a secured communications satellite band for military purpose, so having a remote mission control room means some Iranian Guard can be feeling awkward with His Yanri Yan and decouple the toy UAV into the Atlantic ocean cool.

As a nation, our celebrations are louder than our achievements.... I am sure most of you never knew of the USAF drones until they started bombing mountains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Under Jonathan‘s government, we have celebrated made in Nigeria war ship, made in Nigeria armoured vehicles now drones. I wish all former presidents was half progressive as Jonathan. Celebration of bountiful harvest of progress till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2013

There are things as a nation we should be ashamed off! Unveiling a UAV on a national TV as what? Some are even shouting mission and control room as if there is anything that sophisticated to the design and construction of such a room

For all I care, Nigeria does not 'yet' have a secured communications satellite band for military purpose, so having a remote mission control room means some Iranian Guard can be feeling awkward with His Yanri Yan and decouple the toy UAV into the Atlantic ocean cool.

As a nation, our celebrations are louder than our achievements.... I am sure most of you never knew of the USAF drones until they started bombing mountains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Under Jonathan‘s government, we have celebrated made in Nigeria war ship, made in Nigeria armoured vehicles now drones. I wish all former presidents was half progressive as Jonathan. Celebration of bountiful harvest of progress till 2019.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe... I knew well before you googled it that was an isreali drone, Nigeria NAF are not capable of building such drone yet. Yes.. Drone wey carry generator for yansh...

See here I sreal's top notch killer.... did you see generator for yansh? This is a split from IAI cool
you are a slowpoke.
I ask again where's the generator?
Those drones were built in Nigeria by Nigerian engineers at the Airforce institute of technology with technical support from marom-dolphin.
The new and improved GULAM(a more advanced drone to the amebo series) was built completly by Nigerians.
So yes,the airforce has gained the complete technology involved in UAV manufacture.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
jmaine:

An advance plastic toy capable of doing and achieving the objectives it was built for.

I did rather dance Alingo to this than engage in the embarrassing display of going gaga celebrating street lights and tolling booth's.

This is a good development which must be supported and encouraged by patriotic citizens.
You see, most of you do not even know anything about that UAV and it capabilities. I ask you, can that UAV send remote imagery in milliseconds across the length of Nigeria? Can that UAV sustain an endurance mission of 4hrs?
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
idupaul: Why is there no picture of this UAV on this thread ..When I see Pictures of it on the ground and airborne then I comment properly
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Longeria: Under Jonathan‘s government, we have celebrated made in Nigeria war ship, made in Nigeria armoured vehicles now drones. I wish all former presidents was half progressive as Jonathan. Celebration of bountiful harvest of progress till 2019.
Under Obsanjo's government we celebrated made in Nigeria warship as well. Ask any one close the Amphibious unit in the Nigeria Navy and the components they got from former USSR cool
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
This is to tell you that there is nothing to celebrate about a missions control room when you do not have a secured military satellite communications band.

With GEJ in power, the military satellite would remain a dream just as all the other projects are currently in limbo and the trained engineers SSTL are currently looking at jumping ship.

This is not the time to throw party, this is the time to sit up, and realize how far we have been left behind. We should by now be selling drones technology to countries in Africa, but instead, we are at the mercy of Isreal and South Africa.
Nonsense.
The military has improved in indigenous technology under GEJ.
Infact,our military suffered severe deprivation under Northern rule.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: you are a slowpoke.
I ask again where's the generator?
Those drones were built in Nigeria by Nigerian engineers at the Airforce institute of technology with technical support from marom-dolphin.
The new and improved GULAM(a more advanced drone to the amebo series) was built completly by Nigerians.
So yes,the airforce has gained the complete technology involved in UAV manufacture.
Even first year aerospace student design and manufacture UAVs, there is no big deal in that. Like I said, the world has moved beyond UAVs and right now we are dealing with MISAs. Go figure.

And by the way, it is foolery to think that NAF have masterd the complete technology of UAVs,....that would be a joke of the century!
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by 5thNOTE: 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
Longeria: I believe it mainly aerial spying because it's not too big.
For D northerns use to watch election grounds in D south come 2015 and claim it was flawed. That their human and animal 70milion population won D election. It will be use biasly and to enslave. Southerners should breakup frm Dis mess called Nigeria, Cos those who are gaining or are being helped are nt ready to quickly use D oppurtunity to earn trust of D helpers by developing this country but are looking for witty measures.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You see, most of you do not even know anything about that UAV and it capabilities. I ask you, can that UAV send remote imagery in milliseconds across the length of Nigeria? Can that UAV sustain an endurance mission of 4hrs?
Do you know what you're saying?
The amebo-2 is able to survive up to 8 hours without refuelling,let alone the amebo-3 or the more advanced GULAM.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense.

Hehe... hope you have seen the report on Nigeria's mission to Mali? The disgrace GEJ gave to our boys with non functional equipments, useless trainer aircraft as bombers?

In fact, under GEJ, Nigeria's military have made not progress and morals are even worse right now! Need I remind you of how Bokoharam over ran a whole unit of Nigeria army recently because they lacked the necessary equipment to combat?

Progress my foot cool
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by agbameta: 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: There're pictures of obama celebrating with the pentagon on the internet.
I won't help you out.

You mean Obama celebrating UAV with the pentagon?

Abeg move...
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by jmaine: 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

We don't need to take any lessons from you concerning the UAV cos the main actors and engineers who designed it gave the baseline capabilities , with it attendant friendly operational cost.

It is even more interesting that it was designed majorly with local input.

Like I said, with this feat, we can only improve on it which requires needed support from patriotic citizens like you and I.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Even first year aerospace student design and manufacture UAVs, there is no big deal in that. Like I said, the world has moved beyond UAVs and right now we are dealing with MISAs. Go figure.

And by the way, it is foolery to think that NAF have masterd the complete technology of UAVs,....that would be a joke of the century!
The world has not moved beyond UAVs,you dumb Foool.
America is still trying to improve on their latest designs.
Btw,how many countries have been able to design drones,let alone moving away from it?.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Do you know what you're saying?
The amebo-2 is able to survive up to 8 hours without refuelling,let alone the amebo-3 or the more advanced GULAM.
Hehe... I feel sorry for folks like you who are so gullible to reportage ment to assuage some egos! Do you even know the mini spec for a UAV? Quite surprise you claim Amebo-2 can survive an endurance of 8 hrs... shocked
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by agbameta: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense.

UAV indigenous technology....? Odikwa very very risky o....lmao
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: The world has not moved beyond UAVs,you dumb Foool.
America is still trying to improve on their latest designs.
Btw,how many countries have been able to design drones,let alone moving away from it?.
That is the problem with most of you in Nigeria... You do not really know how far the world has left you! FYI, America has moved way beyond UAVs and what you are seeing them do with UAVs now are experimental simulations of what they have design.

America's focus now is a multi-entry counter penetration atmospheric vehicle and a MISA... if you know what a MISA is at all. If not for some reasons, I would have showed you something that would realize how far you have be left behind.

However, continue clapping for yourself... I need to go have tea dude cool

Low life achievers....
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
jmaine:

We don't need to take any lessons from you concerning the UAV cos the main actors and engineers who designed it gave the baseline capabilities of the machine , with it attendant friendly operational cost.

It is even more interesting that it was designed majorly with local input.

Like I said, with this feat, we can only improve on it which requires needed support from patriotic citizens like you and I.
Don't mind the yeye boy.
He probably dosen't know the caliber of Nigerian Engineers in the airforce.
Most of them were professors and geniuses in the various fields of aeronautics,poached from american and british institutions and defence companies.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

UAV indigenous technology....? Odikwa very very risky o....lmao
Idiott and a complete waste of MB.
Why not go and dig up the numerous fashola phantom projects and display for us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by agbameta: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2013

lmao @ control room. Maybe den won carry their rudimentary man abi their UAV go moon.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
scipher: sad mtcheew
sorry gej going places.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
That is the problem with most of you in Nigeria... You do not really know how far the world has left you! FYI, America has moved way beyond UAVs and what you are seeing them do with UAVs now are experimental simulations of what they have design.

America's focus now is a multi-entry counter penetration atmospheric vehicle and a MISA... if you know what a MISA is at all. If not for some reasons, I would have showed you something that would realize how far you have be left behind.

However, continue clapping for yourself... I need to go have tea dude cool

Low life achievers....
America is a different animal.
They have a $700billion defence budget more than twice our GDP and more than the defence budget of Europe combined.
It will be foolish to start comparing us to them.
Our military only began to make headway under OBJ after years of endless coups,which is less than 14 years ago.
We're still pretty young in the defence industry manufacturing.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by agbameta: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Idiott and a complete waste of MB.
Why not go and dig up the numerous fashola phantom projects and display for us.

Slow down Mr Apollo 7 UAV control room, this is about your UAV and not abut Lagos state....

I bet the imosun guy just comot dash board from one of his assembled jalopies take decorate one room the dullard dey call control room...

You people village people no go kill pesin I swear...lmao
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Take Over The Streets Of Sao Paulo Brazil / Whos Watching Senator Abaribe On Sunrise Daily Now / Who Won Tonight's Edo Governorship Debate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.