Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA (4447 Views)

Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Audu Abubakar / Osinbajo Attends Wedding Ceremony Of His "Son" In Enugu State (Photos) / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Kingspin(m): 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Our arm-forces and the nation in general is matching forward. No AP's and other harmful opposition can stop this train of equity and new direction. Equal right and justice continue after 2015. Up 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by taharqa: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
Just watched it on d NTA 4 O'Clock News. The Info was sparsed though; more details certainly needed...... Congrats NAF; Congrats Nigeria. I am particularly impressed at d role played by Innoson in d whole scheme

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by karlmax2: 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
taharqa: Just watched it on d NTA 4 O'Clock News. The Info was sparsed though; more details certainly needed...... Congrats NAF; Congrats Nigeria. I am particularly impressed at d role played by Innoson in d whole scheme
and this news has not been reported by any nigerian media shame

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Icudkill: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Really impressed
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by duni04(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Those UAV's are Israeli made, not nigerian
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2013
duni04: Those UAV's are Israeli made, not nigerian
what do you know sad
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by jpphilips(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont think so. I saw the UAV on TV and it doesn't look like what can carry missiles (it looks small). But maybe they can expand it in future for this purpose. For now it can identify Boko Haram camps and help the military plan major airstrikes, ground attacks or any other operations.

Identify APC targets you mean?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by agbameta: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
karl max: and this news has not been reported by any nigerian media shame

Should our media be wasting time showcasing shame and silliness on National TV? What's there to be happy about with the president of a whole country celebrating a freeking UAV that high school kids in other places are making for fun?

Obviously, in the absence of any personal achievement worth showing, you lash on to even the silliest and minute rubbish to celebrate and congratulate..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Should our media be wasting time showcasing shame and silliness on National TV? What's there to be happy about with the president of a whole country celebrating a freeking UAV that high school kids in other places are making for fun?

Obviously, in the absence of any personal achievement worth showing, you lash on to even the silliest and minute rubbish to celebrate and congratulate..

So in your mind,you think drones are the same in quality?
Why not tell the pentagon not to celebrate their new-advanced reaper drones since it can be manufactured by kids.

Btw,there're probably just 15 countries or so that've been able to consistently manufacture drones.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
Anyway,i'm happy for INNOSON.
They're positioned to be Nigeria and even west-africa's own 'lockheed'.
Expecting more from them.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by lincolnj88: 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
grin I dnt think this news we be ok for dem dem, agbaworo, agbameta....but to ease thier pain...a glass of chilled acid will b ok.......
Gej 2015-2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Anyway,i'm happy for INNOSON.
They're positioned to be Nigeria and even west-africa's own 'lockheed'.
Expecting more from them.
wink
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by agbameta: 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111:
Why not tell the pentagon not to celebrate their new-advanced reaper drones since it can be manufactured by kids.

Btw,there're probably just 15 countries or so that've been able to consistently manufacture drones.

Ode, how different is your own UAV and the ones kids make all over the place?

Yours have the same quality and advanced like pentagon's?

And do you mind showing us Obama's picture or news clip celebrating pentagon's drone or even any president celebrating common drone on National TV sef?
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2013
karl max: and this news has not been reported by any nigerian media shame
Is NTA not a nigerian media? How do you expect PUNCH, LEADERSHIP, NATION, SAHARA REPORTERS, PREMIUM TIMES and other stupidt APC newspapers to report any positive development by Jonathan Government? I urge Jonathan to be steadfast in service to the Nation, when the chips are down, the grain will be separated from the chaff.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2013
Oh dear... soon they will shout transformation and fresh air!

There are things as a nation we should be ashamed off! Unveiling a UAV on a national TV as what? Some are even shouting mission and control room as if there is anything that sophisticated to the design and construction of such a room

For all I care, Nigeria does not 'yet' have a secured communications satellite band for military purpose, so having a remote mission control room means some Iranian Guard can be feeling awkward with His Yanri Yan and decouple the toy UAV into the Atlantic ocean cool.

As a nation, our celebrations are louder than our achievements.... I am sure most of you never knew of the USAF drones until they started bombing mountains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Ode, how different is your own UAV and the ones kids make all over the place?

Yours have the same quality and advanced like pentagon's?

And do you mind showing us Obama's picture or news clip celebrating pentagon's drone or even any president celebrating common drone on National TV sef?

There're pictures of obama celebrating with the pentagon on the internet.
I won't help you out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111:

What is this one saying? 15 countries? Okay let me start by proving you wrong.
1.USA
2.France
3.Germany
4.Spain
5.UK
6.Iran
7.Isreal
8.China
9.Turkey
10.Italy
11.South Korea
12.Japan
13.India
14.Pakistan
15.South Africa
16.Brazil
17. Austrailia

I have named 17 countries that are known to design and manufacture their own drones.. and there are many more! FYI, most countries that have their own active aerospace industry also design and manufacture drones!
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by olabukola: 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
Longeria: The mobile control room was built by innoson motors, Nnewi, Anambra state.
make una no let these pipo near military installation ooh.

Nice one and a very cool fresh early morning AIR.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by taharqa: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Oh dear... soon they will shout transformation and fresh air!

There are things as a nation we should be ashamed off! Unveiling a UAV on a national TV as what? Some are even shouting mission and control room as if there is anything that sophisticated to the design and construction of such a room

For all I care, Nigeria does not 'yet' have a secured communications satellite band for military purpose, so having a remote mission control room means some Iranian Guard can be feeling awkward with His Yanri Yan and decouple the toy UAV into the Atlantic ocean cool.

As a nation, our celebrations are louder than our achievements.... I am sure most of you never knew of the USAF drones until they started bombing mountains in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Yr Fooolishness is Outstanding as usual, Chair...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by CircleOfWilis: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
u go fear naija drones nah
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
taharqa: Yr Fooolishness is Outstanding as usual, Chair...
Hehe... shame dey catch you? Celebrating toys when smart dudes like us are putting weapons in geostationary cool. The world has moved beyond radio control plastic toys to MISA cool That is where we roll and we can strike your Otueke when we want to!

Here comes the AMEBO toy cool

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nigeria Army Aerostar UAV cool You go fear UAV with generator for back nah....

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by taharqa: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe... shame dey catch you? Celebrating toys when smart dudes like us are putting weapons in geostationary cool. The world has moved beyond radio control plastic toys to MISA cool That is where we roll and we can strike your Otueke when we want to!

Here comes the AMEBO toy cool
You hv started to finali go MADT, abi?? About time...
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Oh dear... soon they will shout transformation and fresh air!

Nonsense.
Are you telling me US citizens were not aware of the capabilities of their airforce before afghanistan or what're you insinuating?
And yes,indigenous drone manufacture is a major milestone and deserve to be celebrated,especially when its on record that we've been able to develop 4 different class of UAVs.
As for 'military satellites',we don't need it for now .
Our surveillance satellites is enough for what we need now.
Afterall,which country apart from the UN permanent security council members have military satellites?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
See the drone they are celebrating on national TV..... this would not have made me undergraduate design project cool

Source: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/17/nigeria-unveils-locally-made-drone/

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by jmaine: 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
agbameta:

Pathetic folks like you who massively celebrated street lights and the cosmetic design of a tolling booth need to shut up.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Desola(f): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
The perfect instrument to track down his enemies and shoot them down.

Ride on jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by 5thNOTE: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kingspin: The GULMA can do the same work like any other UAV in the world. It can pick a vehicle plate number from the sky.
Shut up there! There is no way it can do like 'ALL' drones in D world. Drones they pass Drones. America is D best in Drone making. Even China are still grappling with D sophiscation/supperior ability of D west in drones making.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense.
Are you telling me US citizens were not aware of the capabilities of their airforce before afghanistan or what're you insinuating?
And yes,indigenous drone manufacture is a major milestone and deserve to be celebrated,especially when its on record that we've been able to develop 4 different class of UAVs.
As for 'military satellites',we don't need it for now .
Our surveillance satellites is enough for what we need now.
Afterall,which country apart from the UN permanent security council members have military satellites?

Dude, I have at my finger tips information of Non-permanent security council members that have military satellites! Do not cry too much.. some of engineers where here in the UK and we gave them some lessons on how to build and secure a military satellite communications links.

Cheer up because NigcomSat 1R enhanced will have a military communications band with it. Trials are already on going with the 1R... cool
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by jmaine: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kudos to NAF for this feat of theirs. Over time, there will be an improvement in design and technology tailored to match local needs.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by solomon111(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Nigeria Army Aerostar UAV cool You go fear UAV with generator for back nah....
You're a slowpoke.
Where's the generator?
Btw,how do you think drones are powered?
I even thought i was exchanging ideas with an intelligent entity with a decent idea of UAVs.
What a waste of time and MB.
Btw,that UAV you were downgrading was built in conjuction with the israeli MAROM-DOLPHIN.
Makers of some of the best drones in the world.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by OmoTier1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2013
jmaine:

Pathetic folks like you who massively celebrated street lights and the cosmetic design of a tolling booth need to shut up.

Hehe... another Fresh air crew dancing alingo to advance plastic toy cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Ministerial Nominee, Farouk Aliyu Threatened War If GEJ Won Reelection / Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / Failed Prophesy: Biafrans Mock Apostle Suleiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.