Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,678 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA (4442 Views)

Photos From The Burial Ceremony Of Audu Abubakar / Osinbajo Attends Wedding Ceremony Of His "Son" In Enugu State (Photos) / LIVE ON NTA: Senate Kicks Against Petition Submitted Against Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Kingspin(m): 10:35am On Dec 17, 2013
The Nigerian Military Unveiling Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, to strengthen the country's external and internal surveillance/threat. The first unmanned aerial vehicle locally made by Nigerian Airforce. Live Updates!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Kingspin(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2013
President Jonathan, making his speech...Thanking the arm-forces for their land mark achievement. As the nation mark it first indigenous UAV. For peace and conflict resolution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Kingspin(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2013
The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is called The GULMA.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Kingspin(m): 11:03am On Dec 17, 2013
The GULMA can do the same work like any other UAV in the world. It can pick a vehicle plate number from the sky.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Kingspin(m): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2013
Mr president taking pictures with top military officials in front of the UAV.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2013
Very nice development. Nigeria is marching forward on all fronts. First made in Nigeria unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). It is not by accident that all these giant strides are happening under the leadership of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2013
The mobile control room was built by innoson motors, Nnewi, Anambra state.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Longeria: The mobile control room was built by innoson motors, Nnewi, Anambra state.
I knew the military would use this guy at one point..

proudly Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 17, 2013
I didnt get all the information about the UAV but they said it can be deployed to any part of Nigeria and monitored real time in Kaduna and Abuja. From high up in the sky it can see things as tiny as plate number of vehicles on ground. With 12 litres of fuel, the UAV can remain in the sky for 7 hours.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2013
Longeria: The mobile control room was built by innoson motors, Nnewi, Anambra state.
I heard that part too and the president was very impressed when he heard that Innoson motors played a role in the project

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2013
could someone confirm if it can be armed with missiles #bokoharam thingz
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by taharqa: 11:20am On Dec 17, 2013
Reali? You sure, Bro?
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2013
scipher: could someone confirm if it can be armed with missiles #bokoharam thingz
I dont think so. I saw the UAV on TV and it doesn't look like what can carry missiles (it looks small). But maybe they can expand it in future for this purpose. For now it can identify Boko Haram camps and help the military plan major airstrikes, ground attacks or any other operations.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont think so. I saw the UAV on TV and it doesn't look like what can carry missiles (it looks small). But maybe they can expand it in future for this purpose. For now it can identify Boko Haram camps and help the military plan major airstrikes, ground attacks or any other operations.
sad mtcheew
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 11:31am On Dec 17, 2013
The program just ended, but to continue in the evening. According to them, the evening section is Chief of air staff award. Some of the invitee are, ilugunboy, Berem, payless, Abagworo and rest of the Nairaland BAD BELLE.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2013
scipher: I knew the military would use this guy at one point..

proudly Nigerian
You're right.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Sohot1(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2013
Pics Pls!
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by dlox147(m): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2013
under GEJ leadership, we have built our own warship, APC, armoured vehicles, nigerian made cars and now UAV's etc....honestly GOODLUCK is a blessing to naija...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont think so. I saw the UAV on TV and it doesn't look like what can carry missiles ( it looks small ). But maybe they can expand it in future for this purpose. For now it can identify Boko Haram camps and help the military plan major airstrikes, ground attacks or any other operations.
and it consumes 12 litres of fuel Someone should pinch me lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Tintinix: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2013
Is this what they saw and called it putting people on watch list?

This administration has my total support!

All I await now is the final outcome of the
$50BILLION diverted/missing/unreconciled funds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2013
scipher: could someone confirm if it can be armed with missiles #bokoharam thingz
I believe it mainly aerial spying because it's not too big.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Longeria(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2013
taharqa: Reali? You sure, Bro?
I wasn't told, I watched it live.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2013
scipher: and it consumes 12 litres of fuel Someone should pinch me lipsrsealed
I meant small when compared to small passenger aircrafts. I dont know how to describe it further but the picture should be out tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Chamackh(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Designed by the Air force, built by Innoson Motors. Innoson going places.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by SamAfrik(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2013
good development. That said, I expected d president to ask for d team dt designed this craft for special acknowledgement. questions such as cost & source of materials & possibility of mass prodtn shd av been asked, when d officer requested for questions. I wld av loved to see Mr president take a pix wit dt craft cos this can surely motivate Nigerian creativity. But d dull pple he is surrounded wit only train him to make enemies. SMH
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by IKEMBANNEWI: 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2013
I'm very Happy for Innoson

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by PointB: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by warrior01: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
SamAfrik: good development. That said, I expected d president to ask for d team dt designed this craft for special acknowledgement. questions such as cost & source of materials & possibility of mass prodtn shd av been asked, when d officer requested for questions. I wld av loved to see Mr president take a pix wit dt craft cos this can surely motivate Nigerian creativity. But d dull pple he is surrounded wit only train him to make enemies. SMH

who are the dull people he surrounded himself with?
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by BlackBaron: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2013
Good stuff.

Now ain't no one able to take pictures though?
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by Nkemtreasure: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
SamAfrik: good development. That said, I expected d president to ask for d team dt designed this craft for special acknowledgement. questions such as cost & source of materials & possibility of mass prodtn shd av been asked, when d officer requested for questions. I wld av loved to see Mr president take a pix wit dt craft cos this can surely motivate Nigerian creativity. But d dull pple he is surrounded wit only train him to make enemies. SMH

these are not public questions to be asked. D chief of AIR staff would have briefed him in full.
For massive production, the president encouraged private sector to partner with them. On production costs, the cost of production of one and the training of the pilots was less than 25% of repair of the ones we had. The CAS said $2 million was required to train 3 pilots overseas but $500, 000 was spent in training 12. Again, $6 million was needed to service just 2 drones but our engineers did it with less than $2 million.
The president also took pictures with the aircraft and the entire project team.
We are going in the right direction. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by oroque: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
incredible job!
Re: Nigerian Military: Unveiling Ceremony Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Live On NTA by idupaul: 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Why is there no picture of this UAV on this thread ..When I see Pictures of it on the ground and airborne then I comment properly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalami, Tambuwal, APC Govs Absent At Council Of State Meeting / Case closed! Buhari clears the certificate saga once and for all / Watch the speech that aggravated Buhari's hatred in SE/SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.